• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

Hawkmoon from NF...not bad. Hope Xur is selling Thunderlord today, really want that gun. Oh, and Mask of the 3rd Man and I'll be good on my Hunter.

TLW feels off to me. I can't kill things from the norm distances..HAWKMOON is about the same. The dmg drop off is noticeable but is still good.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Just ran the Nightfall.

Me: 12 strange coins.
Player 2: 12 ascendant shards
Player 3: 11 ascendant energy

:\
Yeah, shards and energy need to be taken off the NF loot table. 12 strange coins is okay, I mean, at least you can buy stuff from Xur.

Tbh, this is better than getting an engram or a legendary weapon which will just give you 2 shards or energy. The way I see it, having a terrible NF week just increases your chances of getting something good next week.

Rehsa

Kid with two erotic
;)
drops in the 3 nighfalls, one Dragons Breath and one Thunderlord, at least he got 1 good weapon. I got a Solar LDR with take a knee (meh) AP & outlaw, shards, and a Crusader 1 with who's next, send it, and third eye. My ANITC from last week is better :/

Thanks for the runs Kid & Forrest

TLW feels off to me. I can't kill things from the norm distances..HAWKMOON is about the same. The dmg drop off is noticeable but is still good.

Zoba said as much. I think they messed with stability so rapid firing isn't as effective. TLW is more effected since it is meant to be a rapid fire HC.

Zoba said as much. I think they messed with stability so rapid firing isn't as effective. TLW is more effected since it is meant to be a rapid fire HC.

Yeah, HCs were nerfed for accuracy drop-off on successive shots which affects TLW more than HM obviously due to high RoF.

Also Apotheosis is good for HM CE and Flawless Raiding (main reason I want it, I already have Warlock CE helm w/ Infusion).

Navid

Just ran the Nightfall.

Me: 12 strange coins.
Player 2: 12 ascendant shards
Player 3: 11 ascendant energy
Like the others, personally for me getting Strange Coins is the best outcome from Nightfalls outside of getting a actual exotic drop... that is followed by getting Ascendant Energy and then a Legendary Weapon (which usually ends up being broken down).

They really should replace the Ascendant Material drops with the Radiant versions for Nightfalls.

The absolute worst NF reward is an engram that turns into shards and energy. Closely followed by shards and energy. Then strange coins.

Across 3 NF I have done this week I received 19 strange coins and a LDR with terrible perks (dismantled)

Shito

i'll empty my sniper for last round, why not? isn't that the intent? risk / reward. How else are you gonna proc that skill in pvp?
Yeah, I don't understand the whole "facepalm / get good" mentality around this. Seems like a pretty clever and valid tactic to use to me. It's not an exploit nor a glitch, and it comes with a few flaws to it as well (uses up more ammo / has to unload it first / have to reload or switch weapon if you miss).
What do you guys think of people who used to unload half of their Suros mag?

GhaleonEB

Like the others, personally for me getting Strange Coins is the best outcome from Nightfalls outside of getting a actual exotic drop... that is followed by getting Ascendant Energy and then a Legendary Weapon (which usually ends up being broken down).

They really should replace the Ascendant Material drops with the Radiant versions for Nightfalls.
I've got a pretty long list of legendary weapon slots I'm hoping to fill out; now that shotguns are useful (side stepping phalanxes in the Nightfall and one-shotting them is so good) I'm trying to get a couple of each for my two characters, along with some new sniper rifles (my Warlock still has two rare ones).

Other than tonight, I've never gotten anything but legendaries from Nightfalls. So it just sort of figures that as soon as I really want some, here's some strange coins. RNGesus has a wry sense of humor.

kidko

Kid with two erotic
;)
drops in the 3 nighfalls, one Dragons Breath and one Thunderlord, at least he got 1 good weapon. I got a Solar LDR with take a knee (meh) AP & outlaw, shards, and a Crusader 1 with who's next, send it, and third eye. My ANITC from last week is better :/

Thanks for the runs Kid & Forrest

Funny, after probably 2 months of crap nightfalls I was about to give up, then I get this exotic rain of 1 awesome Thunderlord (my second) and Dragons Breath (how many times have I passed this up from Xur, I have a sunsinger thanks). Now I think my exotic mojo is spent and it's back to grumbling about ass shards all over again...

Regardless, I had fun with our super efficient runs. It does feel good to knock out 3 nightfalls without any wipes

Xur Wishlist

Red Death
Hunter Arachnid Helmet
Warlock Skull of Dire Amarakhara Helmet
Heavy Ammo
Helmet Engram

Those are the only exotics left that I need

So I was doing a strike and realized I needed my void Harm's Way LMG, so I hid somewhere for a second, went on my laptop and just transferred it over. This addition was such a nice surprise

Please don't replace armor engrams with weapons, you can get exotic weapon from practically every activity in the game. Armor however only drops from NF afaik, or if Cryptarch converts one of your legendary engrams into exotic (good luck with that)

Spiders

He's gonna sell Dragon's Breath.

This has been his inventory for the last few weeks:

No Land Beyond
Dragon's Breath
The Last Word
Ice Breaker
No Land Beyond
Dragon's Breath
Plan C
Ice Breaker
No Land Beyond

There's a pattern there.

Navid

I've got a pretty long list of legendary weapon slots I'm hoping to fill out; now that shotguns are useful (side stepping phalanxes in the Nightfall and one-shotting them is so good) I'm trying to get a couple of each for my two characters, along with some new sniper rifles (my Warlock still has two rare ones).
Yeah, that's definitely understandable... What drops are useful to you very much depends on where you are in terms of the time/loot curve of Destiny. There are people who will complain when they get exotics (because there is probably only 1-2 that they don't have) while you will have others being more than happy to get a a bunch of Shards just so they can upgrade the their latest vendor armour pieces.

Personally for me, my legendary weapons are pretty much made up of stuff I have picked up from the Raids and as I'm already struggling with item space I am rarely going keep a legendary weapon drop unless it's pretty special. All of the above is why I wish there was a option to pass on a loot drop at the reward screen and it would automatically go to someone else in your fireteam.

Please don't replace armor engrams with weapons, you can get exotic weapon from practically every activity in the game. Armor however only drops from NF afaik, or if Cryptarch converts one of your legendary engrams into exotic (good luck with that)

Getting them in raids isn't "practically every activity", and I think I've only had 2 exotics drop that weren't a part of the Raid table (No Land Beyond on first CE, and Red Death from a VoG run last week). Pretty sure I'm not the only one in that position.

It would be nice to have them be a part of the rotation, though skewed in favor of armor given not only there being other opportunities for weapons like you've stated, but also that armor is necessary for leveling up. It just seems silly though that armor is a guaranteed offer but weapons are not, especially since a good deal of them are not that impressive compared to the legendary options that are easier to obtain.

Edit: Huh, ROC and Crucible are exotic weapon drop only 'events apparently. TIL.

Also randomly from ROC strikes, right?

Eccocid

Got a ps4 2 weeks ago and i downloaded Destiny trial. And i fell in love with the gunplay and decided to buy the full game yesterday.

Just reached moon and around level 11 now. But there are too many things that i don't understand in the game.

Do i have to play PvP matches? I tried it once but seems like everyone else except me had god tier weapons and killing me in one shots lol. Can i earn exp and items from PvP?

At tower i see other players but the only way to interact with them is sending msg via PSN?

I wanna do strikes but can it be done via matchmaking? It feels like such a hassle to find ppl and talk with them at Tower…

How do i build up community in game for raids? Are raids=strikes?

I will be glad if there are other new players who want to co-op with me. My pan id is GimmeCat and i am at gmt+2

Got a ps4 2 weeks ago and i downloaded Destiny trial. And i fell in love with the gunplay and decided to buy the full game yesterday.

Just reached moon and around level 11 now. But there are too many things that i don't understand in the game.

Do i have to play PvP matches? I tried it once but seems like everyone else except me had god tier weapons and killing me in one shots lol. Can i earn exp and items from PvP?

At tower i see other players but the only way to interact with them is sending msg via PSN?

I wanna do strikes but can it be done via matchmaking? It feels like such a hassle to find ppl and talk with them at Tower…

I will be glad if there are other new players who want to co-op with me. My pan id is GimmeCat and i am at gmt+2

Welcome guardian.

You don't have to play PvP, but yes, you do gain XP and items from it. Chances of getting legendary and even exotics.

You can enter the voice chat channel by pressing down on the touchpad (how you summon your ghost) and using the d-pad.

Vanguard strikes and normal strikes always go into matchmaking. Only nightfall strike does not have matchmaking.

Raids are not strikes. Raiding is the actual content of Destiny. Once you're lvl 26 or higher, you can start experiencing them.

There are a lot of links for leveling up and collecting gear, etc in the OP, go have a look.

Only exotic weapons can drop randomly from strikes and Crucible matches, not armor.

Oh well, I've never had a single Exotic drop for me in the strike playlist. Not even a bloody legendary ship.

But every other 3 strikes I get the bloodpact shader. :(

I've personally never seen exotic armor drop anywhere other than nightfalls

Me neither, but I always thought they were there in the drop table for strike playlist.

kidko

Welcome!

No, you don't have to PVP. But, it is kinda balanced even for low levels vs high levels... but this assumes you have some decent weapons with some perks unlocked to help you out. yes, XP is earned with kills and items completely randomly at match completion.

Yes, PSN is the only way to truly interact with players in the tower (apart from sorta useless emotes :)

Strikes- just keep playing and leveling up and eventually you will unlock the strike playlists. There you can run strikes endlessly with matchmaking.

Raids - just stick around this thread and you will find opportunities to join raids constantly. You might look for Hawkian's noob raids where he takes the time to really explain every part and give raid-virgins time to aclimate to everything. That's how many of us started!

He's gonna sell Dragon's Breath.

This has been his inventory for the last few weeks:

No Land Beyond
Dragon's Breath
The Last Word
Ice Breaker
No Land Beyond
Dragon's Breath
Plan C
Ice Breaker
No Land Beyond

There's a pattern there.

Ugh, Disgusting. The forced DLC is so obvious. RNG my ass.

The 2 DLC weapons have accounted for 55% of all Xur weapon's for sale since DLC was released.

You don't have to play PvP unless you like it. And the "godtier" weapon feel is just placebo, you can rock the starting lvl.1 assault rifle there and be still good if you want to :D People just have more experience than you.

yeah, tower interaction is silly, don't bother. Just post here on Gaf to find buddies to play with!

Strikes can be played with randoms, raids are like super-strikes and require a group. You can sign up for raids here in the thread :)

Welcome!

edit: doublebeaten, but still! :D

Also randomly from ROC strikes, right?

You can get legendary armor engram but not a direct exotic drop. If you're looking for a specific exotic armor piece, chances of it dropping are way less than exotic weapon, which is why I think exotic engrams should stay at all times.

Out 1

Does anyone need to run the 1st part of HM crota? no need for a full fireteam, help will be appreciated. psn is delamarch

Can't wait for NLB again.

Ambitious

bungie.net said:
Hey guys, I just want to say that I love the new vault function on the companion app, it has made this app way more valuable to me. That being said I just wanted to inform you (in case you didn't know) that is you try to transfer something from your vault to your character while in between lives in a darkness zone. (While count down is activefor certain, not sure about the activity progress screen) you will lose the item. I lost all of my special synthesis in this way. No big deal, but I would have been livid had it been my heavy ammo.

Of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom