• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, Arc and Lightswitch. The three waves of shit in the generator room are going to be wonderful. Especially the stealth bastards.

That is the hardest part of the strike. They have a lot of Arc damage and then the pesky Stealth Vandals will wreck you on Lightswitch.

Bring Patience and Time for the Walker. Goes down so fast.

Wallach

Finally unlocked the UR unique perk; looks like point-blank crit damage went up by a total of ~29% (final damage, I don't know what the crit modifier on Shotguns really is). Pretty sizeable increase, and the range increase is definitely noticeable as well.

Oh, do the stealthies not rush you if you're down by the cave? That's great if not. I know they do jump up to the sniper platform by the shipping crates behind where the ghost is working. I've been surprised by them up there last time I tried soloing it.

That was a few months ago though, and I was probably slightly under-levelled so I think I might just be having bad memories that won't matter this time :)

Stay by the cave entrance and no one will touch you.

That is the hardest part of the strike. They have a lot of Arc damage and then the pesky Stealth Vandals will wreck you on Lightswitch.

Bring Patience and Time for the Walker. Goes down so fast.

Shanks are OP. Solar shield and do arc damage.

Everything else is trash. Fatebringer does more damage than Gjallarhorn :p

Does it drive anyone else mad that a new leveled up black hammer doesn't have the yellow border because of the broken perk?

How has that not been fixed yet?

Shanks are OP. Solar shield and do arc damage.

Everything else is trash. Fatebringer does more damage than Gjallarhorn :p
Epic Shanks have kicked me to orbit more often than anything else, thank god VoC dropped for me on one of my 4 VoG runs life has been sweet since!

Ambitious

The guys from DestinyTracker have launched a new tool called Perk Finder. Basically, you can select up to three perks and the tool will tell you what weapons/armor have those perks (or could have).

Steroyd

If Todd does anything but an Oscar winning speech about HoPF with tears at the end, I'll be dissapointed.

3 Duplicates, 2 Titan helms, 0 Motes left. NOIoifaijpfpa piaippipih ihawfhihfphafhpakfnaie [p

B-1yqaqUYAAWdVz.jpg:large

That sucks. Might have to scrooge on them Motes of Light during Iron Banner at this rate.

Holy shit. I was missing 7 exotic pieces of armor and 2 weapons, and every item Xur has filled a slot on my missing list. I haven't had this much new stuff since my second week playing the game.

Deku Tree

OMG I hope you don't lose your horn this way, or your new HotPF Todd;

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...o_not_transfer_items_from_your_vault_to_your/

"Hey guys, I just want to say that I love the new vault function on the companion app, it has made this app way more valuable to me. That being said I just wanted to inform you (in case you didn't know) that is you try to transfer something from your vault to your character while in between lives in a darkness zone. (While count down is activefor certain, not sure about the activity progress screen) you will lose the item. I lost all of my special synthesis in this way. No big deal, but I would have been livid had it been my heavy ammo."

Bradach

OMG I hope you don't lose your horn this way, or your new HotPF Todd;

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...o_not_transfer_items_from_your_vault_to_your/

"Hey guys, I just want to say that I love the new vault function on the companion app, it has made this app way more valuable to me. That being said I just wanted to inform you (in case you didn't know) that is you try to transfer something from your vault to your character while in between lives in a darkness zone. (While count down is activefor certain, not sure about the activity progress screen) you will lose the item. I lost all of my special synthesis in this way. No big deal, but I would have been livid had it been my heavy ammo."

thanks for the heads up! waiting at that darkness screen would be an ideal time to do some moving around

lunlunqq

Where is your RNGesus now, Bungie????? Thank god the data miner was right and Bungie didn't mess with it this time. Universal is one of the 3 exotic weapons I'm still missing. Arachnid completes my exotic armor collection. *happy dance

That sucks. Might have to scrooge on them Motes of Light during Iron Banner at this rate.

Thanks man, I didn't roll a single thing this last IB but wasted waay too many Motes rolling Lashes previously. And now I don't do nearly enough bounties to keep a steady supply coming, I haven't even done the Eris NFall Majors for 3 Motes bounty most weeks :-/

Bungie better stop bullshitting us now we know the truth about Xur

hoo boy, let's hope they don't keep pretending.... imo that cat was out of the bag a long, long time ago but there's really no defense left at this point. It doesn't bother me that he's not "random," I just don't understand their motivation to lie about it for so long. Very strange just to avoid backlash... I guess?

Daemul

After further testing with the Strangers Rifle, I can now confirm with much certainty, that it's in-game tooltip is hilariously wrong. It's damage is actually that of a high impact Pulse Rifle(34 headshots(two burst kill), 22 body), not a mid impact one. Now I understand why it was so easy to be killed by it in PvP pre patch.

Deku Tree

I have 56 motes and I am hunting helm st 14 but I am not feeling taking a roll with Xurs engram this weekend. I might just save my motes.

Namikaze1

For the new HoPf-bros, I recommend Predawne and Cryptographic for the armor shader. It won't change HoPF's color scheme but it will make the rest of your armor clash well with it.

Sullichin

After further testing with the Strangers Rifle, I can now confirm with much certainty, that it's in-game tooltip is hilariously wrong. It's damage is actually that of a high impact Pulse Rifle(34 headshots(two burst kill), 22 body), not a mid impact one. Now I understand why it was so easy to be killed by it in PvP pre patch.
So it's basically a Full Auto Red Death without unflinching/heal on kill.
I'm really liking Oversoul Edict in PVP and it seems a fair bit better than Bad Juju there. The slightly lower impact is actually made up for by the ROF, unlike low impact ARs

For the new HoPf-bros, I recommend Predawne and Cryptographic for the armor shader. It won't change HoPF's color scheme but it will make the rest of your armor clash well with it.
So glad to finally have it. It looks cool with Bloodpact too.

Well shit... Xur has finally sold HoPF...

Has Todd gone ballistic in happiness yet?

Personally nothing I want this week :(. Did that Japanese guy's predictions come true this week?

And ofc there's ways to permanently lose stuff while moving between vault and characters. It ain't Bungie without fixing one thing and scrèwing another thing up

blazeuk

Does anyone else just not trust Bungie enough to move stuff through the app?

I'd rather just tower it.

I messed around with it yesterday and it worked well, ended up getting rid of most of my dupes from my characters/vault. It'd be nice seeing something similar done in game too rather than needing to use the companion app but thankfully it doesn't affect me too much either way.

Going to the tower was the main reason people leveled up the same weapons over multiple characters, it's annoying having to go to the tower, vault weapons, change characters, back to orbit, back to the tower and back to orbit again (and then repeat to move them back) - it just took too long - that's ignoring the times when you forget something and have to back out of a game to go get it. Yesterday I needed heavy ammo synths which my Warlock had, transferred a few to my vault and then to my Titan while I was still in a NF game.

I got 2 universal remotes this week and 2 thunderlords, my money was on him finally selling thunderlord as a result haha.

Nothing like having a flavour of the week, at least I can finally get my hands on HoPF, Xur is still a ballend tho, why no heavy ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom