• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gettin dat Praxic! I guess I need to finish up the Eris missions on my alts to get a few more motes. My hunter needs an exotic helmet.

Is Arachnid any good? I'm hoping for a Mask of the Third Man from the engram but I can't imagine I'll get that lucky.

Arachnid is terrible. It gives you double zoom for golden gun...and that's it.

Iceman829

That's good to hear, I never bothered leveling it up, and it still sitting in my vault with the old 283 default damage. Patiently waiting for Xur to bring the upgrade. Will definitely start using it more once it ready to go :D

Even prebuff it worked well during IB. I mixed it in some matches and the stopping power seemed good. I'm looking forward to checking it out next IB now. The health regen feature is nice too when fighting swarms of enemies.

E92 M3

I can tell you run the sword... Lol its the only "fun" thing about Crota. Everything else is extremely boring.

Just off the top of my head, I can think of a few strange things that happened to us last night during one our runs. Mind you, we're all experienced Raiders that have completed HM multiple times every week since launch. Some runs go smooth, others are poop and all of us were on green bars.

-Swordbearer randomly sprinting off into the Ogre rooms.
-Crota not taking Sword damage on enrage sword.
-Crota standing quickly
-Tower Knights fixed on samurai (while using bubble distraction strat)
-Sword disappearing
-Ogre not spawning
-Swordbearer getting stuck coming out of spawn door

I've come to accept the RNG difficulty nature of HM Crota

I do run sword, but when I die Iceman picks it up, so at least two people have fun :p

For the inconsistencies, sword user being host helps a lot with Crota management. For tower knights, we stun lock them with snipers (that insures they will not pull any shenanigans). And for the swordbearer, unfortunately he can be a bitch and run to the side and that makes things annoying.

Other issues are glitches that fortunately didn't happen this week.

Iceman829

Gettin dat Praxic! I guess I need to finish up the Eris missions on my alts to get a few more motes. My hunter needs an exotic helmet.

Is Arachnid any good? I'm hoping for a Mask of the Third Man from the engram but I can't imagine I'll get that lucky.

All the other exotic helmets for hunter serve a better purpose than Arachnid.

Ambitious

HotPF is pretty disappointing. Without it, I can throw six grenades per Super use. Seven, if I wait two seconds after the Super is depleted. With HotPF, I can throw seven grenades.

We use the same safe strat as everyone else. Nothing wrong with our strategy IMO.

Using that strat, there are only a handful of things that could/do go wrong that are almost always a wipe. Sword disappears, lag, sword bearer goes far left. Other than that, with a good sword guy, you should be golden.

BUT...If you get all three of them, plus one random "someone died during ogre room", then that's almost a half hour down right there. At that point fatigue starts to be a factor and you could be in for a long night.

-Swordbearer randomly sprinting off into the Ogre rooms.
-Crota not taking Sword damage on enrage sword.
-Crota standing quickly
-Tower Knights fixed on samurai (while using bubble distraction strat)
-Sword disappearing
-Ogre not spawning
-Swordbearer getting stuck coming out of spawn door

I've come to accept the RNG difficulty nature of HM Crota

-Crota following Swordbearer into the Crystal room
-Tower Boomers falling out and running into the Ogre room
-Gatekeeper and Swordbearer blocking Ogre room exit

3epJyyM.jpg

Upgraded my Universal Remote at Xur to 331 version. Even brand new with no perks unlocked, it is beast. Just did the Nexus strike and it was hilariously OP. Gonna be fun.

Iceman829

Blehhh. I guess I'll hold out hope I get lucky with a hunter helmet from the engram. I'm a few Crucible bounties away from getting my first legendary helmet for my hunter alt anyway.

Knucklehead Radar or the Achlyophage Symbiote are what you should hope for. Mask of the Third Man is good for HM crota (infusion).

Bradach

When does the XP hit after finishing a mission or strike? Is it the instant the boss dies or is it after the timer has counted down?

Reason I ask is that I plan on switching to my new armor just for the XP for the mission complete. or does it not work that way?

-Crota following Swordbearer into the Crystal room
-Tower Boomers falling out and running into the Ogre room
-Gatekeeper and Swordbearer blocking Ogre room exit

People need to resist the urge to shoot at the gatekeeper. If everyone just backs up, he loses interest and goes back to the center.

When does the XP hit after finishing a mission or strike? Is it the instant the boss dies or is it after the timer has counted down?

Reason I ask is that I plan on switching to my new armor just for the XP for the mission complete. or does it not work that way?

When the Mission End Timer starts. Not when it finishes.

lol, and then I get booted from Destiny right after the ogre dies. Weasel error again. I swear it has something to do with the companion app.

Iceman829

You can switch right near the end if you are quick enough. There is a few second delay before the mission ends. Once the countdown timer is activated the reward xp has been handed out.

PuMa

Thanks to Macello, PuMa, berried, Dave, t-44, Skye, and Boguester for the runs tonight. Everyone communicated well, and despite some glitches and bad swordbearer luck, we were able to get 2 HM kills, a normal just for fun.

Great sword running from Macello last night too.

How did your second run go? Sorry I couldn't stick around...

ethomaz

Banned
Everybody have a Heart of the Praxic Fire now :D

For collection:

No Backup Plans (Titan Gauntlets)
ATS/8 Arachnid (Hunter Helmet)

5 more Exotic armors to all Exotics.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Wow, just decrypted an legendary engram into a Suros Regime. Shame that i already have 2.....

Deku Tree

lol, and then I get booted from Destiny right after the ogre dies. Weasel error again. I swear it has something to do with the companion app.

You didn't get your spinmetal? I'm sorry I thought you left because it was over. When I got the "promoted to leader" message it was already after I had gotten the 30 second mission end timer. Lol all of us got disconnected at least once on that last daily.

rNilla

best glitch happened yesterday where nilla broke the glass early and nothing but scrota spawned.

i should upload the vid.
That reminds me I saved a vid of this too. I did it again later with Nami but the Swordbearer actully came out.

You didn't get your spinmetal? I'm sorry I thought you left because it was over. When I got the "promoted to leader" message it was already after I had gotten the 30 second mission end timer. Lol all of us got disconnected at least once on that last daily.
No worries. Not your fault :)

I didn't bother logging back on afterwards. I don't think the mission completion registered and the spinmetal isn't in my inventory on the app. No big deal. I was just mainly trying to pump some xp in HoPF. Thanks for the runs!

ethomaz

Banned
I need to update my missing Exotic list...

|WEAPONS|
4th Horseman

|ARMORS|
Knucklehead Radar
Mask of The Third Man
The Armamentarium
Skull of The Dire Ahamkara
Claws of Ahamkara

Praise RNGesus.

Deku Tree

No worries. Not your fault :)

I didn't bother logging back on afterwards. I don't think the mission completion registered and the spinmetal isn't in my inventory on the app. No big deal. I was just mainly trying to pump some xp in HoPF. Thanks for the runs!

I feel bad. Sorry about that Darknyss!

Hope you are enjoying your Praxic! Welcome to the Praxic Club!

latest

Great sword running from Macello last night too.

How did your second run go? Sorry I couldn't stick around...
Thanks! Second run went quickly. We almost had more trouble on normal with the 30 that had joined us than we did on hard with Drizzay. Swordbearer tried to fuck us a few times but we weren't having it.

Still no Crux to complete my all exotics collection. One more chance this week.

hadar

I've had rather odd luck with Xur's Engrams.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a glove engram thinking how nice it'd be to get Don't touch me for my hunter and save coins, got Ruin Wings.

Today grabbed an engram thinking "Wow maybe i'll get that Achlyophage Symbiote to play 'singler!'

Pow, Helm of Saint-14.

Maybe I should start playing that dusty titan I've got stashed...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ha I don't know what's crazier, the fact that he's got heart of the praxic fire, the fact that he's got 3 items each for the first time, or the fact that universal remote is actually a recommended purchase.

black is up, down is white, cats and dogs united in friendship

noomi

the zoom-in perk is completely useless. but it looks cool. that's the only reason to wear it.

That's why I never even bothered leveling it either, I have it in my vault just for collection purposes, but I would never see myself using it. Shame since it's such a nice looking helmet too :/

Upgraded my Universal Remote at Xur to 331 version. Even brand new with no perks unlocked, it is beast. Just did the Nexus strike and it was hilariously OP. Gonna be fun.

I'll definitely be doing this as well, but also wan't to level the invective. Which one first?!?! Soo many exotics to level now!

OE, P&T, and Fang Tuesday will be your time to shine

So is Oversoul Edict > Fang now? Or are they just about the same after the buffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom