• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

From Reddit:

oJoU3Fi.jpg

noomi

Crazy that this reddit guy can predict Xur's stock, love it.

I wonder how early he can give out those details, like is there anything from stopping him from telling us right now what cur will have next friday?

Deku Tree

Anyone who works for Bungie who thinks HM Scrota is "fun like a fast paced action movie" has no taste and should be demoted IMO.

This is what HM Scrota is like for 5/6 non-samarui people playing. Spend 5 minutes emptying your ammo, and waiting for others to empty ammo, run outside and jump on ledge trying to avoid boomer shots, take down sword bearer as fast as possible, point rocket launcher at scrota, wait for "rockets" call out, fire 1-2 rockets, wait and do it again, run back into rock chamber wait for scrota to move, do it again, go to ogre chamber and wait for ogres, kill them, run back trying not to die, try to take down scrota with sword and rockets a third time. If anyone messes up even in the slightest then it causes a wipe to start over and try again. To add insult to injury if your samurai only slightly mis-time(s) the number of sword swipes to get equally on each down then the auto-enrage mechanic is going to cause a wipe on the last sword. (OK yeah I didn't talk about the bubble distraction people, but for them it's even less fun, they spend most of their time standing in a bubble taunting and getting lit up by boomer knights.)

YESSSSS ALL EXOTIC ARMOUR!!!!

I bought Arachnid and then rolled two engrams and got the Skull of Dire Amarakhara.

Woooooohoooooo!

Just need Red Death and 4th Horseman to complete my exotic weapon collection.

It's a good Xur day!

Thank you Xur and Rahool!

Lnkn52

Anyone who works for Bungie who thinks HM Scrota is "fun like a fast paced action movie" has no taste and should be demoted IMO.

This is what HM Scrota is like for 5/6 non-samarui people playing. Spend 5 minutes emptying your ammo, and waiting for others to empty ammo, run outside and jump on ledge trying to avoid boomer shots, take down sword bearer as fast as possible, point rocket launcher at scrota, wait for "rockets" call out, fire 1-2 rockets, wait and do it again, run back into rock chamber wait for scrota to move, do it again, go to ogre chamber and wait for ogres, kill them, run back trying not to die, try to take down scrota with sword and rockets a third time. If anyone messes up even in the slightest then it causes a wipe to start over and try again. To add insult to injury if your samurai only slightly mis-time(s) the number of sword swipes to get equally on each down then the auto-enrage mechanic is going to cause a wipe on the last sword. (OK yeah I didn't talk about the bubble distraction people, but for them it's even less fun, they spend most of their time standing in a bubble taunting and getting lit up by boomer knights.)

I haven't played HM Crota in three weeks now. Not wasting my ammo synths and sanity.

Ambitious

Thinking about buying the Secret Handshake from the Crucible vendor. That's the one with Shot Package. Unfortunately, it does Arc damage. I've got way to many Arc weapons, I'd rather have a Void shotgun.

Deku Tree

Bought two exotic engrams against my better judgement. Got two dups, two more exotic shards to add to my pile.
I am up to 26 exotic shards now.

Couldn't those Dataminers have predicted this BEFORE I wasted 160+ motes trying to get HoPF LAST WEEK...

Well all my Exotic Armor is complete. Guess which Exotic I need to complete my Pokedex... go on. Guess....

E92 M3

I think HM Crota is a lot of fun because there is little room for error and it's the only boss in the game that still feels satisfying to beat.

noomi

I know there is a website that shows what exotics Xur has sold, but is there a site that shows what upgrades he sold since TDB as well?

Deku Tree

I think HM Crota is a lot of fun because there is little room for error and it's the only boss in the game that still feels satisfying to beat.

I beat HM Scrota last night with four alive and one dead player last night in one shot. Our swordbearer and the dead player both got the Crux. I only need the crux but I didn't feel jealous because it's so garbage. I didn't feel satisfied.

Then we tried to do it a second time and I didn't die once for several hours while we wiped for several hours until I needed to go to sleep. And my team was playing good too. But one little thing after the next, bugs and tiny little errors, caused wipe after wipe. I didn't feel satisfied after that either.

Thinking about buying the Secret Handshake from the Crucible vendor. That's the one with Shot Package. Unfortunately, it does Arc damage. I've got way to many Arc weapons, I'd rather have a Void shotgun.

Shot package doesn't really matter in PvE and damage type doesn't matter PvP, so just buy it.

Don't forget the old green plus signs bug when you transfer stuff using the app, yup its back.

Jesus Effing Christ. Goddamn it. Might go to tower just to avoid that

E92 M3

I beat HM Scrota last night with four alive and one dead player last night in one shot. Our swordbearer and the dead player both got the Crux. I only need the crux but I didn't feel jealous because it's so garbage. I didn't feel satisfied.

Then we tried to do it a second time and I didn't die once for several hours while we wiped for several hours until I needed to go to sleep. And my team was playing good too. But one little thing after the next, bugs and tiny little errors, caused wipe after wipe. I didn't feel satisfied after that either.

I guess it ultimately depends on team synergy. An hour is a long time indeed and the level of frustration can rise. I like strategies that contain as few dynamic variables as possible - what are you guys doing?

In terms of the Crux: personally, I enjoy using the Necrochasm and run ROC with it.

Iceman829

OMG I hope you don't lose your horn this way, or your new HotPF Todd;

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...o_not_transfer_items_from_your_vault_to_your/

"Hey guys, I just want to say that I love the new vault function on the companion app, it has made this app way more valuable to me. That being said I just wanted to inform you (in case you didn't know) that is you try to transfer something from your vault to your character while in between lives in a darkness zone. (While count down is activefor certain, not sure about the activity progress screen) you will lose the item. I lost all of my special synthesis in this way. No big deal, but I would have been livid had it been my heavy ammo."

I knew it was a matter of time until someone lost an item. I now know all is right with the world.

noomi

So is anyone using the Red Death in PvE after the pulse rifle buff? Seems great for crucible, but how does it fair against PvE enemies now?

I would probably use it during the hard mode crota fight the most, but that's about it....

PuMa

So is anyone using the Red Death in PvE after the pulse rifle buff? Seems great for crucible, but how does it fair against PvE enemies now?

I would probably use it during the hard mode crota fight the most, but that's about it....

I thought it was good even before the buff. I'm using it now and like it.

Deku Tree

I guess it ultimately depends on team synergy. An hour is a long time indeed and the level of frustration can rise. I like strategies that contain as few dynamic variables as possible - what are you guys doing?

In terms of the Crux: personally, I enjoy using the Necrochasm and run ROC with it.

We use the same safe strat as everyone else. Nothing wrong with our strategy IMO.

noomi

I thought it was good even before the buff. I'm using it now and like it.

That's good to hear, I never bothered leveling it up, and it still sitting in my vault with the old 283 default damage. Patiently waiting for Xur to bring the upgrade. Will definitely start using it more once it ready to go :D

Agent

Good to see that Xur finally sells Praxic Fire. Of course, it would come after finally getting mine through the engram last week after blowing about 80 motes. However, it was worth it since mine has a 166 stat roll on it. Using it in the last week has been fantastic. It's one of those hard things to quantify the difference between using it and not using it until you have one. Without it, it seems like an eternity between throwing grenades in radiance.

However, I fully expect to see a bunch of Warlocks running around with it now who will never use it because they are saving their super for self revive.

I'm also picking up the hunter helm and titan gauntlets. No real need for them, but gotta catch them all.

PuMa

That's good to hear, I never bothered leveling it up, and it still sitting in my vault with the old 283 default damage. Patiently waiting for Xur to bring the upgrade. Will definitely start using it more once it ready to go :D

It's especially useful for hard Crota.

Edit:
TitanMasterClass

Gettin dat Praxic! I guess I need to finish up the Eris missions on my alts to get a few more motes. My hunter needs an exotic helmet.

Is Arachnid any good? I'm hoping for a Mask of the Third Man from the engram but I can't imagine I'll get that lucky.

EL CUCO

I can tell you run the sword... Lol its the only "fun" thing about Crota. Everything else is extremely boring.

Just off the top of my head, I can think of a few strange things that happened to us last night during one our runs. Mind you, we're all experienced Raiders that have completed HM multiple times every week since launch. Some runs go smooth, others are poop and all of us were on green bars.

-Swordbearer randomly sprinting off into the Ogre rooms.
-Crota not taking Sword damage on enrage sword.
-Crota standing quickly
-Tower Knights fixed on samurai (while using bubble distraction strat)
-Sword disappearing
-Ogre not spawning
-Swordbearer getting stuck coming out of spawn door

I've come to accept the RNG difficulty nature of HM Crota

rNilla

There are only two helmets I don't have. I don't want to waste my Motes trying to get them but what else am I going to do with Motes?

LiK

Gettin dat Praxic! I guess I need to finish up the Eris missions on my alts to get a few more motes. My hunter needs an exotic helmet.

Is Arachnid any good? I'm hoping for a Mask of the Third Man from the engram but I can't imagine I'll get that lucky.

the zoom-in perk is completely useless. but it looks cool. that's the only reason to wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom