• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're good. only affected notably the the periphery of their effective range (like hand cannons really), which is where they needed to not be one-shots so very often.

Did a whole bunch of Roc strikes last night. Word really got around, my randoms were both running around with shotguns, rushing down Knights and Captains without hesitation. At first I was using one too and it was fun just all running around with them, then after I while I switched back to fusion rifle and started flanking, and even that felt new because of all these clear shots I had while enemies got tied up with the aggressive shotgunners rather than poking out from cover to exchange fire. really cool stuff.

Yup I loved the shotguns in the Alpha & Beta but they rapidly became junk after the PvP nerf patch, the risk/reward from getting that close for the most damage is a nice balance. This is what balance changes are meant to achieve widening options not shutting them down,.

Ambitious

I wonder what this is going to be like...?

RMTUsLs.0.0.jpg

Probably a purple-ish hall with the Queen's Emissary inside.

WipedOut

First week ever that I bought everything Xur was selling. Destroyed my second hunter so now I have one of each class (Had a bet that if I ever got Gjallarhorn that I would delete a hunter.)

Looks like I'm power leveling a warlock this weekend. Have 3/4 armor to make it to 31. Hit me up if anyone wants to help.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Attempting my 1st raid tonight 6pm est. Been a long time coming. Going to do the VoG on normal. I'm a level 31 Warlock and my friend is a 30 Hunter. Who wants to help complete noobs out?

GT: Jeerrraayyyyyyy

noomi

Haven't actually used a fusion rifle in a long time between snipers and shotguns recently.

Same here, I'm almost always 100% exclusive to having a sniper equipped, but every-once in a while I'll whip out my light of the abyss.

Still too accurate to me. I was getting one shotted from what should be the AR's optimal engagement range.

I noticed a difference against yellow bar enemies in HM CE the night of the patch. I checked on my light of the abyss before going back to my sniper. With the shotgun buff I'm not sure when I'll use my fusion rifles now. Short range battles the shotgun has proven to do well (I honestly was not expecting this with the patch) and snipers have always done well. I don't think the cone in PvE should've been changed. The issue with fusion rifles is how they are almost snipers at times in PvP

They're good. only affected notably the the periphery of their effective range (like hand cannons really), which is where they needed to not be one-shots so very often.

Did a whole bunch of Roc strikes last night. Word really got around, my randoms were both running around with shotguns, rushing down Knights and Captains without hesitation. At first I was using one too and it was fun just all running around with them, then after I while I switched back to fusion rifle and started flanking, and even that felt new because of all these clear shots I had while enemies got tied up with the aggressive shotgunners rather than poking out from cover to exchange fire. really cool stuff.

Thanks for the replies guys, seems fusion rifles are still great all around in that case. This patch did really well then..... for the most part, I still feel that AR's got nerfed a bit too strongly. Hopefully they bring that damage reduction back a bit, I'm alright with the range reduction though.

E92 M3

I think Bungie should build an optional password system for logging into the game or have two-step authentication. Could be a simple pin, too. That will prevent a lot of unwarranted character deletions. They absolutely must have some kind of back up system for all of our gear. People are too invested.

Yup noticed it too. Playing Nexus and both randoms were dancing around servitors and minotaurs with shotguns. In Dust Palace all three of us would encircle the psion bosses and pummel them with TTTMs. The rush tactic is opening up completely new way of playing PvE stuff.

I think Bungie should build an optional password system for logging into the game or have two-step authentication. Could be a simple pin, too. That will prevent a lot of unwarranted character deletions. They absolutely must have some kind of back up system for all of our gear. People are too invested.

They've already acknowledged that they a system needs to be put into place and that they're in the process of creating one.

No need to do their work for them here, really.

Yup noticed it too. Playing Nexus and both randoms were dancing around servitors and minotaurs with shotguns. In Dust Palace all three of us would encircle the psion bosses and pummel them with TTTMs. The rush tactic is opening up completely new way of playing PvE stuff.

It's what happened when you separate PVE and PVP weapon stats. It's the best thing they can do for the game

Deku Tree

Everyone should temper expectations right now. Destiny has a history of under-delivering.

Players also have a tendency to create elaborate fan fiction ideas about the huge potential of something like a new social space without knowing anything about it and then get disappointed because the reality is not as exciting as the hype.

Keep in mind folks that Bungie never acknowledged or talked about this social space at all. It is found via datamining and one two second snip of a video from before Destiny was released.

Jinjo

Today Bungie designers are supposed to go on the forums and talk with the community. I wonder how that will go.

So that's why they gave us Praxic Fire today. To quell the hordes.

I'm imagining Todd loading up the tower and seeing all these Praxics about wondering what the fuck is up lol.

Iceman829

Your characters are in danger! Please IM me your XBL login and I will help secure them for you.

E92 M3

They've already acknowledged that they a system needs to be put into place and that they're in the process of creating one.

No need to do their work for them here, really.

I don't know what kind of system they're building, but think password/pin will be the simplest solution from the get-go.

So that's why they gave us Praxic Fire today. To quell the hordes.

I'm imagining Todd loading up the tower and seeing all these Praxics about wondering what the fuck is up lol.

That's the running theory lol.

I wouldn't be so sure, if they are archiving the player data whether they can roll back changes depends on a multitude of factors such as
- Is it all in a single file?
- Is it in a proper database or a proprietary solution? (ie one with SQL functionality)
- How often are the snapshots/backups taken?
It may well be that they take a nightly (or even less frequent) snapshot of the entire data store and lack the ability to selectively query it. Even well designed systems struggle with this stuff (witness the rollbacks during the plague crisis in WoW) and frankly I've seen little proof Bungie has prepared properly for the type of game they've made as there are way too many QoL issues etc that suggest they've completely ignored the lessons from the decade or more of persistent online gaming.

noomi

This isn't a bad idea, kind of how WoW/Diablo 3 does it with the generated codes. They have an app for dat!

OMG! AFTER 5 MONTHS! THE HEART OF PRAXIC FIRE IS BEING SOLD BY XUR AND IS ABOUT TO BE MINE!!! MY SPIRE IS FORMING!!!

Haha, grats man! It really bring happiness to me when people get loot they want... except the hawkmoon.... if you get the hawkmoon with me in your group then screw you </3

First week ever that I bought everything Xur was selling. Destroyed my second hunter so now I have one of each class (Had a bet that if I ever got Gjallarhorn that I would delete a hunter.)

Looks like I'm power leveling a warlock this weekend. Have 3/4 armor to make it to 31. Hit me up if anyone wants to help.
Heh, I am going to do the same thing except I'm deleting a second warlock to make a hunter. I've got all the vanguard pieces for 31 and almost all the exotics so I figure now's the time.

Shoot me a FR and we can group up if online at the same time. PSN: Darknyss.

Raybunny

Destroy a titan and make a warlock? But you don't have enough space for all items... NUUUUUU

Either way, CRUCIBLE time. Feel free to join.

E92 M3

That's awesome lol.

I wouldn't be so sure, if they are archiving the player data whether they can roll back changes depends on a multitude of factors such as
- Is it all in a single file?
- Is it in a proper database or a proprietary solution? (ie one with SQL functionality)
- How often are the snapshots/backups taken?
It may well be that they take a nightly (or even less frequent) snapshot of the entire data store and lack the ability to selectively query it. Even well designed systems struggle with this stuff (witness the rollbacks during the plague crisis in WoW) and frankly I've seen little proof Bungie has prepared properly for the type of game they've made as there are way too many QoL issues etc that suggest they've completely ignored the lessons from the decade or more of persistent online gaming.

That's why I say we start with a simple pin to add an extra layer of security to the account. As it stands, the PS4 does not have 2-step authentication and the Xbox does, but nothing is 100%.

This isn't a bad idea, kind of how WoW/Diablo 3 does it with the generated codes. They have an app for dat!

Haha, grats man! It really bring happiness to me when people get loot they want... except the hawkmoon.... if you get the hawkmoon with me in your group then screw you </3

Yep, and they can add it within the Destiny app. Nice and simple where we can designate a home console.

Raybunny

Your alts can hold Warlock stuff even if they can't equip it.

The problem is that all my characters are full of precious weapons, curious, ships, shaders. I do not have enough space to strip the secondary titan. I guess I do need to wait for more vault spots.

2real4tv

Anyone want to do normal crota got three

1. Bigmanny287
2. Friend
3. Friend
If anyone got Deathsinger or Crota cp that would awesomeness

Gammacide

Does anyone want to help me complete my Thorn bounty by helping me find and kill Xyor? Soloing it has GOT to be the most infuriating thing ever. I'm a Lvl 31 hunter with maxed Saterienne Rapier, Ice Breaker, Pocket Infinity, Murmur, Judgment VI, near-max Invective, and maxed Super Good Advice and One Way Ticket. PS4 ID: V1ctIm

ethomaz

Banned
Does anyone want to help me complete my Thorn bounty by helping me find and kill Xyor? Soloing it has GOT to be the most infuriating thing ever. I'm a Lvl 31 hunter with maxed Saterienne Rapier, Ice Breaker, Pocket Infinity, Murmur, Judgment VI, near-max Invective, and maxed Super Good Advice and One Way Ticket. PS4 ID: V1ctIm
I'm away from my console right now but you can't cheese the Phogoth's boss... you need to fight him in the field to the ships come to help him... Xyor is on the second or third ship.

BTW just kill Phogoth after Xyor shows up from a ship... don't kill him before that.

blazeuk

Anyone planning on running HM Crota tonight? Got a long weekend off so will be looking to go through 3x HM Crota in about 3 hours from now (and if I can be bothered 3x Atheon too).

cilonen

Wait?! Lunlunqq punched him as well?! I know for sure that I did but I didn't see lunlunqq punch him too.

The first time we got him to kneel about halfway through the video when he's over on the right side. He jumps up from below, socks him and drops back down :-D

JerryEveryday

Neo Member

Yea that bounty is a pain in the ass if you solo. I did it with some friends and they pretty much did all the work.

rNilla

The first time we got him to kneel about halfway through the video when he's over on the right side. He jumps up from below, socks him and drops back down :-D

My favorite part is when lun knocks on the Swordbearer door. "Hello? Anybody home?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom