• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I really don't want to waste my motes if this is true (need dat saint 14). Is there any evidence/reasoning to back up his claim?

He posted this two days ago:

I know you're pretty sure I'm full of bull but just trust me, just once.
Universal remote.
Hotpf.
Ats-8 anarchid.
No backup plans.
Heavy ammo.
My guess is Bungie will change it to dragons breath and might take off heavy (unlikely).

PuMa

Sorry for not confirming; I was eating dinner ahead of the kill.

Thanks for the run, guys!

I didn't get much (third helmet with crappy perks and 3 shards), but anything would have paled to Puma's haul. Crux, his first ghorn, AND Word of Crota. Save some for the rest of us, man!

HAH. Sorry! I usually get nothing so I guess I was due...???

RdN

Feels so good for wasting all my Motes of Light last week...

Oh well, at least now I have all Warlock exotic pieces.

patchday

Guys this can't be right?!

This patch... It fixed my #1 most annoying thing! Having to go to Tower to change out my guns! Thanks to the app I can save myself a trip

This is WONDERFUL!!!! Wish we had this at release!

Going to the Tower just to switch my guns cost me so much lost productivity it ain't funny!

Thank you Bungie! This game is actually getting better!!

But back to Dragonball Xenoverse for now lol. Too many new titles I need to work on atm. But will be playing Destiny a little on the side.

See yall at this Sunday's Sword School!

Ambitious

You can throw 12 grenades with extended radiance and praxic yo, that's what makes it insane.

That's probably it, also if you aren't running extended radiance

I did in fact try it with and without extended Radiance; the numbers I posted earlier were from when I used extended Radiance.

Guess I need to find raid gear with better stats once again.

LiK

Guys this can't be right?!

This patch... It fixed my #1 most annoying thing! Having to go to Tower to change out my guns! Thanks to the app I can save myself a trip

This is WONDERFUL!!!! Wish we had this at release!

Going to the Tower just to switch my guns cost me so much lost productivity it ain't funny!

Thank you Bungie! This game is actually getting better!!

But back to Dragonball Xenoverse for now lol. Too many new titles I need to work on atm. But will be playing Destiny a little on the side.

See yall at this Sunday's Sword School!

how's DBX?

joecanada

Does anyone want to help me complete my Thorn bounty by helping me find and kill Xyor? Soloing it has GOT to be the most infuriating thing ever. I'm a Lvl 31 hunter with maxed Saterienne Rapier, Ice Breaker, Pocket Infinity, Murmur, Judgment VI, near-max Invective, and maxed Super Good Advice and One Way Ticket. PS4 ID: V1ctIm

unless they patched this, just cheese it like normal from the back room. when the shrieker comes, go to the back room and wait, there is no reason to kill the shrieker and there is extra enemies that spawn with the shrieker who dissapear with it so you just wait for it and them to go away, then pop out to do damage.
the ships will come as phogoth takes damage and you kill the supporting enemies... the xyor ship came when phogoth was about 1/4 damage for me last time (ive done this twice)

edit - if I recall correctly xyor is a wizard so he will often come right to the shrieker room for you for an easy kill.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I love the ability to swap shit around with the app, but it's effectiveness is still hampered by the size of the swap space. I still need to play weapon tetris between 3 characters to finish swapping everything around. The vault size is keeping this good feature from being great.

Rehsa

Whip it through the glass, Nilla
"I'm running really fast!" -Nilla
+1 :)

Congtats to all the new Praxic owners, glad I got mine from a lucky engram last week. Going to go ahead and pick Universal Remote and passing on the Arachnid. It looks cool but id rather use my 4 shots than zoom in, I will collect later when I have a ton of coins like some of you. Wish I would have bought the Titan chest last week so I could hit 32, here's hoping I can pull the raid piece this weekend

Defuser

Me,Kartik and Unknown went through nearly all the ROC strikes using shotguns mostly = FUCKING AMAZING FUN. Yellow bars and shielded enemies all died within 1 to 3 hits. It was fun taking down bosses and their health depleted so damn fast.

3 Psion Flayers = Died so fast within 2 minutes that those 2 colossus didn't even have the chance to appear. The first psion flayer died within less than 10 seconds.

Anybody can camp at the nexus boss entrance now since shotguns make minotaurs irrelevant.

Undying strike with the yellow bars rush section, Fallen and Hive fight in omnigul, Valus 3 guards, septiks generator section, 3 servitors nexus section....never been cleared so fast before.

So basically a fireteam of shotgunners is the fastest way to farm ROC strikes for rare/legandary/exotic stuff.

Dust Palace went from one of my least favorite ROC strikes to one of my favorite post shotgun patch. Man, I can't wait to run that where everyone has a different element 331 shotty. I was the only one with a maxed shotgun and we absolutely trounced the psion bosses.

It is so nice to have a new way to play in PvE to mix things up. I still don't get why they nerfed the AR though. It now feels like pulse rifles pre-patch, way too many bullets for not enough damage.

cilonen

Ah fuck. Wish he hadn't posted it. Now Bungie will probably change it out of spite. I want that helmet.

Damned if they do and dammed if they don't TBH.

If they do then we know for sure they're lying about being able to tweak Xur's inventory on the fly.

cilonen

Me,Kartik and Unknown went through nearly all the ROC strikes using shotguns mostly = FUCKING AMAZING FUN. Yellow bars and shielded enemies all died within 1 to 3 hits. It was fun taking down bosses and their health depleted so damn fast.

3 Psion Flayers = Died so fast within 2 minutes that those 2 colossus didn't even have the chance to appear. The first psion flayer died within less than 10 seconds.

Anybody can camp at the nexus boss entrance now since shotguns make minotaurs irrelevant.

Undying strike with the yellow bars rush section, Fallen and Hive fight in omnigul, Valus 3 guards, septiks generator section, 3 servitors nexus section....never been cleared so fast before.

So basically a fireteam of shotgunners is the fastest way to farm ROC strikes for rare/legandary/exotic stuff.

My Invective is the next thing I'm maxing out.

Shito

BgjIYds.gif

I love the ability to swap shit around with the app, but it's effectiveness is still hampered by the size of the swap space. I still need to play weapon tetris between 3 characters to finish swapping everything around. The vault size is keeping this good feature from being great.

Just dismantle extra weapons. Yesterday I dismantled 2 fangs, words, abyss defiants, hawkmoons, and a bunch of other exotics I kept because I didn't wanna bother with going to the tower unless it was absolutely necessary. It's so much easier now. Another thing I don't have to worry about is taking weapons I'm not sure I will need. If I end up needing something, I just go on my laptop which is always in front of me and get that weapon.

I hope they do change it, the helm of saint-14 is my only collateral for not having a ballerhorn. Now you want to sprinkle it to those who have the world. :(

joecanada

so I didn't keep all my shotguns since they were shit before but I do have universal remote, two to the morgue, and invective .... any of these much better than the others?

the vendor version of morgue is awesome in pvp.

Damned if they do and dammed if they don't TBH.

If they do then we know for sure they're lying about being able to tweak Xur's inventory on the fly.

We already know that though. Remember way back when you could buy strange coins? They got rid of it while Xur was still there. So, within a day.
so I didn't keep all my shotguns since they were shit before but I do have universal remote, two to the morgue, and invective .... any of these much better than the others?

the vendor version of morgue is awesome in pvp.

Invective is pretty great.

Wow, the two Warlock armours that have never been sold now being sold within a week of each other. Wonder what happened.

If I had the guess. There was a rule in place as a failsafe to RNG/Xur. Basically, if X weeks went by and Y item still hasn't been sold, then we need to manually push it.

IIRC the arachnid was also the only Hunter exotic that hadn't been sold until just this week.

E92 M3

Just dismantle extra weapons. Yesterday I dismantled 2 fangs, words, abyss defiants, hawkmoons, and a bunch of other exotics I kept because I didn't wanna bother with going to the tower unless it was absolutely necessary. It's so much easier now. Another thing I don't have to worry about is taking weapons I'm not sure I will need. If I end up needing someone I just go on my laptop which is always in front of me and get that weapon.

It's so much fun doing a transfer in the middle of a mission and seeing loot pop on the side. I had way too much with that lol.

Deku Tree

I hope they do change it, the helm of saint-14 is my only collateral for not having a ballerhorn. Now you want to sprinkle it to those who have the world. :(

I hope Xur never sells Ballerhorn since I have two and its exclusive and it makes me feel good to have things that other people wish they had.
See I can say things like that too.

If I had the guess. There was a rule in place as a failsafe to RNG/Xur. Basically, if X weeks went by and Y item still hasn't been sold, then we need to manually push it.

IIRC the arachnid was also the only Hunter exotic that hadn't been sold until just this week.

True, but it hasn't been around long. I doubt Bungie would need to push it since TDB stuff pops up every week anyway.

It's so much fun doing a transfer in the middle of a mission and seeing loot pop on the side. I had way too much with that lol.

Lol it really is a lot of fun. The best was getting my Hawkmoon in the middle of a PVP match

Dust Palace went from one of my least favorite ROC strikes to one of my favorite post shotgun patch. Man, I can't wait to run that where everyone has a different element 331 shotty. I was the only one with a maxed shotgun and we absolutely trounced the psion bosses.

It is so nice to have a new way to play in PvE to mix things up. I still don't get why they nerfed the AR though. It now feels like pulse rifles pre-patch, way too many bullets for not enough damage.

They separated PVP and PVE and that is exactly what this game needed. But then they go ahead and nerf auto rifles across both which makes no sense whatsoever. And they kind of misled people with their "average of 2.5%" statement. 11% is a significant nerf

WipedOut

I kept reliving Gjallarhorn dropping at the Gorgon Checkpoint last night, might have to go back again tonight and actually record it this time. HAHAHA

ocean

Banned
Holy shit Gjallarhorn was worth the hype after unlocking Wolfpack rounds I've been having a field day unloading this insanity on enemies.

I hope Xur sells it soon. Everyone should have this, it's so fun to use!

Deku Tree

Is secret handshake from the vanguard good after the patch?

Holy shit Gjallarhorn was worth the hype after unlocking Wolfpack rounds I've been having a field day unloading this insanity on enemies.

I hope Xur sells it soon. Everyone should have this, it's so fun to use!

Yeah the horn is below average before you unlock Wolfpack rounds.... But after it makes it much easier to solo just about everything. It's crazy how fast it takes out bullet sponges or whole trash mobs.

EL CUCO

Helms that I have:

Warlock- Apotheosis Veil, Obsidian Mind, CE Raid helm with Infusion

Hunter- Symbiote, CE Raid helm with Infusion

Titan- Saint 14, Inmost light

Is there any exotic helm that I should be looking for? I feel pretty content with the current selection but not sure if I'm overlooking one.

I was after MOTTM up until I got a Raid helm with Infusion.

WipedOut

Is secret handshake from the vanguard good after the patch?

Yeah the horn is below average before you unlock Wolfpack rounds.... But after it makes it much easier to solo just about everything. It's crazy how fast it takes out bullet sponges or whole trash mobs.

Yes, I finally deleted my found verdict last night. Hammerforged and shot package all the way.

LiK

The Praetorians that go after sync plates at VoG entrance go down in 3 Swordbreaker shots. TTK is like 2 seconds flat :p Shotguns are hitting like a truck.

that sounds good. maybe i'll go raiding again cuz i'm a shotty guy, lol

esjayII

Neo Member
Attempting my 1st raid tonight 6pm est. Been a long time coming. Going to do the VoG on normal. I'm a level 31 Warlock and my friend is a 30 Hunter. Who wants to help complete noobs out?

GT: Jeerrraayyyyyyy

I'd be down to do it. There's another member who hasn't done it as well that I said I would help. Just need someone who has done the gorgons a few times since I have no idea where I'm going in there

Gammacide

Ok, just to update, me and Forrest ran Xyor in ~ 15 min or so. Much thanks!! Can't wait to upgrade this bad boy. I'll be glad to help anyone else with the bounty as well if I'm available. Everyone deserves to be this happy. :D

Frenden

Banned
What's everyone's exotic need list looking like?

I'm sitting at:

Skull of Dire Ahamakara
Saint-14
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
No Backup Plans
Knucklehead Radar

MIDA
Monte Carlo
4th Horesman
Truth
Gjallarhorn
Thunderlord

I don't think Gjally is ever going to drop for me and have resigned myself accordingly.

I'm sitting at:

Skull of Dire Ahamakara
Saint-14
No Backup Plans
Knucklehead Radar

MIDA
Monte Carlo
4th Horesman
Truth
Gjallarhorn
Thunderlord

I don't think Gjally is ever going to drop for me and have resigned myself accordingly.

Only armor I'm missing is the Skull for Warlocks.

Weapons are:
Hard Light
Thunderlord
Nechrochasm

Deku Tree

Helms that I have:

Warlock- Apotheosis Veil, Obsidian Mind, CE Raid helm with Infusion

Hunter- Symbiote, CE Raid helm with Infusion

Titan- Saint 14, Inmost light

Is there any exotic helm that I should be looking for? I feel pretty content with the current selection but not sure if I'm overlooking one.

I was after MOTTM up until I got a Raid helm with Infusion.

I like glasshouse but I don't have saint 14.

Your not a collector so I think you can survive with what you've got.

E92 M3

I kept reliving Gjallarhorn dropping at the Gorgon Checkpoint last night, might have to go back again tonight and actually record it this time. HAHAHA

You can recreate your reaction. Just hit send as soon as you "open the chest" again. lol

I'm sitting at:

Skull of Dire Ahamakara
Saint-14
No Backup Plans
Knucklehead Radar

MIDA
Monte Carlo
4th Horesman
Truth
Gjallarhorn
Thunderlord

Best way to get something is to stop desiring it; trust me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom