• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

keakster

Did a quick HM Crota run this morning with a random Reddit group, feeling pretty good so I hop on the Vanguard Roc playlist for a bit, get in with two other Striker Titans, pretty much endless orbs and we are just wrecking the strikes. Time to get off to go to work so I transfer all of the engrams to my main (only levelling one Cryptarch). There are two legendaries in there, boots and a heavy but whatever I say to myself they always just turn into shards, so I just spam X to get through them while I'm on my phone, I hear the exotic sound. Bam Gjallarhorn, 400 something hours in and it finally rolls. Victory.

tl;dr

Why the fuck are the big maps reserved for clash and a gane mode like control is limited to small maps ? I fall asleep with the hide and seek in big clash maps.

The games were on average longer (so they shortened the max length) and Bungie thought they were too big for 6v6 so they decided split them off and make their selection a choice. I get their reasoning, but I actually liked those maps in Control (not so much Clash). Definitely a lot of wasted space in the outskirts of Bastion, but they seemed like they were more balanced for Control than most of the maps (especially before the tweaks).

My thoughts on it is that there aren't enough maps to split off like that. Adding in some of the Rumble maps to the Clash/Control rotation has alleviated the monotony a LOT, but repeats are still frequent. Combined Arms is literally just two maps rotating (or did they add Skyshock in yet?) so it's hard to justify that being separate as well. It would be nice if they could either create truncated versions of Bastion and First Light, or make a bunch more Combined Arms size maps and make the mode BTB style with 12v12 (how crazy would that be lol).

the dress was white and gold and then the image was edited to black and blue

nope

tumblr_inline_nkfs9iYLhg1sjh1ps.jpg

It's an illusion.

Midas

Tick221
HooYaH
PrivateWhudson

Did I miss anyone? It's Crota only and hard.

Edit: yeah, there was a level 31 with gjallarhorn? Will be fine. It's a mess doing this mobile.

EL CUCO

I remember the first time someone in my fireteam tried the Ghorn with wolfpack rounds on a Gatekeeper. "Umm...guys, I think the wolfpack rounds are bugged" lolol

The majority see white/gold and the dress is actually blue/black. We're the weirdos haha!

It's weird. The only way that blue could be white is if the lighting was blue. But the background shows it's obviously an extremely yellow tint. I could see people thinking it might be Blue and Gold, but white?! Crazy people lol.

RetroMG

Slightly off-topic, but what color do you guys see with the "dress". I only see blue/black and wonder how anyone can see white/gold.

I see light blue and gold, but I see how others can see blue and black.

The really funny thing is that my wife and I just watched a show on Netlfix called "Brain Games" all about stuff like this.

Not sure if I'm in Midas' group, but if not...I can help cheese.

I would appreciate it, I normally cheese the abyss with my hunter and warlock for the bridge. Do you think you can help out if it is just us 2, I don't have a team together (I know you have to do your raid with Midas soon so don't worry if you don't have time)

Tick221
HooYaH
PrivateWhudson

Did I miss anyone? It's Crota only and hard.

Edit: yeah, there was a level 31 with gjallarhorn? Will be fine. It's a mess doing this mobile.

Are any of us good with the sword? If not, I see forest is on, he might help if we ask nice (spam him with invites). Also, what's your psn?

t0rment

can you equip dlc weapons without having the dlc? i bought the game on psn and got a dlc legendary, and i have no idea why.

Midas

Are any of us good with the sword? If not, I see forest is on, he might help if we ask nice (spam him with invites). Also, what's your psn?

I usually run the sword with my team. But if there's lag it might be better if someone else is doing it.

My psn is rajala but it might be hard to find

Did a quick HM Crota run this morning with a random Reddit group, feeling pretty good so I hop on the Vanguard Roc playlist for a bit, get in with two other Striker Titans, pretty much endless orbs and we are just wrecking the strikes. Time to get off to go to work so I transfer all of the engrams to my main (only levelling one Cryptarch). There are two legendaries in there, boots and a heavy but whatever I say to myself they always just turn into shards, so I just spam X to get through them while I'm on my phone, I hear the exotic sound. Bam Gjallarhorn, 400 something hours in and it finally rolls. Victory.

tl;dr

Awesome, congrats. I'm still waiting for the day...

So, I tried out the Secret Handshake post-patch (as in just now).

I made the Omnigul strike look downright trivial. Jump up, blast Omnigul in the face a few times (arc takes down her shield nicely too) and then run away. Fun as hell.

Deku Tree

can you equip dlc weapons without having the dlc? i bought the game on psn and got a dlc legendary, and i have no idea why.

legendaries yes... the new tower legendary stuff is for everyone even non DLC owners

exotics no I don't think so

however I doubt you would "get" an exotic dlc item from a drop if you don't own the DLC although to be honest i'm not sure.... you certainly can't buy them from Xur when he sells them

Anyone want to make a proper crucible train in about 20 mins?

1. Me
Etc

Edit:

I'll join you soon Raybunny

Just tried to join you. Could join the party but don't think anyone could hear me and couldn't join the fireteam.

I've been playing since 5am so maybe the universe was giving me a hint , lol.

t0rment

Seems like you would be better 'equipped' to answer that question than anyone here.

i'm not level 20 yet. :\

legendaries yes... the new tower legendary stuff is for everyone even non DLC owners

exotics no I don't think so

however I doubt you would "get" an exotic dlc item from a drop if you don't own the DLC although to be honest i'm not sure.... you certainly can't buy them from Xur when he sells them

thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom