• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
made a gif to blow the minds

sorry in advance, this may cause your brain to hurt
C3YjGke.gif

Lol. We had to explain this phenomenon to a client not too long ago who thought their colors were coming out wrong.

Helm of saint 14 and skull of ahamkara get! Didn't even expect either out of the 4 engrams I bought. That was the last of the warlock exotics, now I possess them all. Hahaha.

Anyone else read Warbreaker by B. Sanderson? This talk makes me think of Biochroma and "seeing true color"
I've only read the Stormlight Archives books (amazing) and Steelheart (not as amazing, but still good). How does Warbreaker stack up against those?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol. We had to explain this phenomenon to a client not too long ago who thought their colors were coming out wrong.
That sounds like an interesting story, lol. do share. The brain does NOT want to accept it, that's for sure.

I gave a presentation on perception in my high school Psych class and used this image as an example of how powerful perceptual boundaries can be. The class was so unwilling to believe me I literally called someone up to the laptop, opened MSPaint and had him do it himself just to prove I wasn't trying to trick anyone. lol

Mindlog

Perk - Armor Piercing
What's the design philosophy behind this perk and why were sniper rifles treated differently?
Are certain thing textures treated differently than others?

Someone ask something along those lines!

Arachnid helm from Xur? I have now Pokemonannned exotics. Collection complete.
Arc burn next week? Now who looks dumb for having two Necrochasms
rZSFn70.png

Gordon

Pretty sure there's only two. Alpha Lupi isn't that great. You won't miss it.
It does have the interesting potential to make a titan bubble party go infinite afaik. It turns your 2 orbs/bubble into 3 orbs/bubble. I haven't managed to pull enough titans with alpha lupis together at once but from what I've seen and what I have experienced with just a couple in the group it has a lot of potential. Sadly I don't think the pile-of-orbs-at-crotas-feet exploit is feasible on the 360 :( swordbearer had a lot of screenlag and it made timing more difficult. And we think most of the orbs must have despawned or our swordbearer got hungry and ate them all at once, because we ran out way sooner than we should have.
Might be more useful on PS4/Xbone if the exploit gets a little more publicity and we can figure out some numbers regarding how many orbs it takes to refill. Seems inconsistent, but recharge might just be making it harder to judge.

[The idea occurred to me so I googled to try and find somebody already having done it. The only one I could find didn't use alpha lupi but they did single-sword HM Crota so alpha lupi can't hurt... lol]

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
two weapon things

1) got myself a deviant gravity MG for the first time from my first nightfall this week, great perks including field scout. I love it! Reminds me of the ol' Swarm, really balanced all around... seems to wreck pretty good in PvP too. om nom nom

2) Somehow maxed vanguard marks on my warlock and my titan without realizing it. I think I'm going for the LDR to pierce the Swordbearer rock and Secret Handshake to be my Hunter's go-to shotty. The vendor one is arc, right?

Explain that to me later at some point lol.
That sounds like an interesting story, lol. do share. The brain does NOT want to accept it, that's for sure.

Lol. The story really isn't that interesting. Basically they had two prints that were going on soap dispensers. They both had the same tiny grey text right next to this large colored swoosh, but because one swoosh was a cool blue and the other was a bright warm orange they thought the greys were different colors and rejected them. They didn't understand how it was possible they were in fact exactly the same until we explained the illusion to them.

Sullichin

two weapon things

1) got myself a deviant gravity MG for the first time from my first nightfall this week, great perks including field scout. I love it! Reminds me of the ol' Swarm, really balanced all around... seems to wreck pretty good in PvP too. om nom nom

2) Somehow maxed vanguard marks on my warlock and my titan without realizing it. I think I'm going for the LDR to pierce the Swordbearer rock and Secret Handshake to be my Hunter's go-to shotty. The vendor one is arc, right?

Yeah the vendor one is arc. I also got a Deviant Gravity A from Nightfall, weird. Void, Field Scout, Counterbalance, Crowd Control. Was ready to dismantle it but it's a keeper.

two weapon things

1) Yes, the Deviant is awesome for PvP. I have one with Rodeo and field scout. It wrecks.

2) Yes, the vendor version is arc with grenadier and shot package. I just picked one up and used it, unleveled, in a few ROC strikes. It's a great weapon that I'm excited to level up to see what all this Shot Package hullaballoo is all about.

It's yellow lighting! The only way that could be white is if someone was pointing a blue colored light directly at the dress alone.

I am really off topic today...

Whattt?! I heard yesterday that it was still possible. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

I scrolled down and saw the black and blue pics of the dress, then I scrolled back up and started seeing gold/light blue. Wtf?????

Navy Bean

1) Yes, the Deviant is awesome for PvP. I have one with Rodeo and field scout. It wrecks.

2) Yes, the vendor version is arc with grenadier and shot package. I just picked one up and used it, unleveled, in a few ROC strikes. It's a great weapon that I'm excited to level up to see what all this Shot Package hullaballoo is all about.

Secret Handshake is now pretty awesome but shot package didn't seem to make a huge difference...you still need to get up close and personal to kill stuff.

E92 M3

Lol. The story really isn't that interesting. Basically they had two prints that were going on soap dispensers. They both had the same tiny grey text right next to this large colored swoosh, but because one swoosh was a cool blue and the other was a bright warm orange they thought the greys were different colors and rejected them. They didn't understand how it was possible they were in fact exactly the same until we explained the illusion to them.

Ah lol - those pesky illusions! We are slaves to our brain!

Deku Tree

I'm pretty sure the crux of crota has a lower drop rate than the vex....what the hell.

Much lower. And it's a much worse gun.

Just anecdotally if you do Atheon HM 3x
you often see two Vex drop in the three runs.

I have seen a total of three cruxes drop in the whole time I have been doing HM Crota.

Seriously. I have one more shot this afternoon.

I just want to be done with Hard Mode.

Same here, I would like to stop running it @_@.

I have seen a total of three cruxes drop in the whole time I have been doing HM Crota.

Yeah, the vex would drop like candy when I did vog. Took me 24 times to get it but whatever. I've seen the crux drop once and I've done it 13 times on HM.

Namikaze1

Maybe he's salty since he didn't earn it and Xur sold it? I think he mention something like that when xur sold starfire.
You and everyone here knows he is still going to buy it regardless of how he feels about it not being earned the right way.

Edit: top of the page!

THE FUCKING DRESS IS BLUE AND BLACK!

Rehsa

We had two Vexs drop last night in our 3 runs, unfortunately mine and Kid's second

Secret Handshake is now pretty awesome but shot package didn't seem to make a huge difference...you still need to get up close and personal to kill stuff.

Raining on my parade? How dare you!

Seriously though, I agree. It definitely helps a little from what I've seen in some gameplay vids but nothing crazy... Secret Handshake also has the range/accuracy perk as well. That should help it out somewhat. Once I level it up enough to unlock it, I guess I'll see if it's worth the 150 marks I just dropped on it.

Not sure if I'm in Midas' group, but if not...I can help cheese.

Just want to say thanks again for helping me out. Went from level 30 on my Titan begging for days for someone to help me out with the Abyss and Bridge to being 31 and knocking out HM Crota with you guys. I should be 32 by the end of the night, finally for this alt. Then I will have all classes at level 32.

-

Also I have a hard time justifying hoarding exotic armors like I do weapons. I plan on now not to dismantle them anymore but I can't justify spending coins on armor that doesn't seem good just so I can have all of them. Bungie has shown that they are willing to buff weapons, never armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom