• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I hope Todd is okay; he hasn't appeared yet.

I would love for it to get a buff. The gun at its current state is not worth getting. I would love to shoot through the hive's wall of darkness. That should have been one of its perks. It is a gun infused with Crota's power! It should freaking demolish any hive resistance.

Vex doesn't have the vex disruptor or whatever it's calle like the vault weapons so I don't mind Necro not give hive disruptor but I still want to shoot through the k ight's wall of darkness.

Necro should have some kind of innate super bonus vs. Hive. Bungie could get creative since PVP isn't touched. Cascade is just so boring compared to what they could have put.

Not really... it was affected on the lower end of the spectrum by this patch since it wasn't that high-impact to begin with, but it was never great for its raw DPS anyway. It's awesome because the perk can have a huge gameplay impact for certain builds/playstyles.

edit: Glasshouse is the #1 best exotic piece for Atheon

Why?

I'd say it's no more useful than the Symbiote.

...holy shit. Surge. as soon as I re-unlock the perk on my MC this is the absolute first thing I'm trying.
Oh wow, I totally forgot about Surge. Up for a lamp run when you unlock the perk? With the Light Beyond Nemesis helmet I got during this week's Nightfall, my raid gear is maxxed out Strength and Discipline (0 Intellect, boo).

kidko

I've only read the Stormlight Archives books (amazing) and Steelheart (not as amazing, but still good). How does Warbreaker stack up against those?

Do it, it's great! and then re-read the epilogue of SA book two :)

I'm now reading Mistborn and it's also really good.

ocean

Banned
Reality-hungry talking dragons would've made fantastic public events. Make them rare and suites for high level Guardians, with a Chance of dropping Legendary Engrams.

Deku Tree

Why?

I'd say it's no more useful than the Symbiote.

With glasshouse, if a Titan pops weapons of light behind the relic bubble then everyone in your party can get the damage buff for 50% more time (15 seconds instead of 10 seconds).

But you don't really need it. Gaffers can usually take out Atheon HM in 1.5 teleports now anyways. So players can probably take out Atheon HM in two teleports with or without Glasshouse.

With glasshouse, if a Titan pops weapons of light behind the relic bubble then everyone in your party can get the damage buff for 50% more time (15 seconds instead of 10 seconds).

But you don't really need it. Gaffers can usually take out Atheon HM in 1.5 teleports now anyways. So players can probably take out Atheon HM in two teleports with or without Glasshouse.

Sure, but the bubble is always there. If you lose the buff, just step back a second. And like you said, Atheon isn't even hard in HM at this point.

Deku Tree

I liked the Halo games because they had a lot of close quarters combat with massive waves of enemies and drop ships...

in Bungie Halo games there were no bosses like ever (with notable small exceptions like the time you had to take down two Scarabs omg that was so good).

I would like to see more of that in future Destiny Raids instead of big monster oversized bosses.

Deku Tree

Sure, but the bubble is always there. If you lose the buff, just step back a second. And like you said, Atheon isn't even hard in HM at this point.

If your counting down from 10 seconds or 7 seconds it wastes too much time to dip back into the bubble and I think you would do less damage by taking the time to do that instead of just continuing to shoot without the buff.

Namikaze1

70792-spongebob-waiting-gif-ep46.gif

Waiting for Todd to deliver.

I'm gonna go ahead and start the rumor that Comet is going to contain an Ahamkara raid. First part involves Guardians fighting to tame the young for mounts to ride into the final boss fight.

Hoodbury

How is matchmaking for the weekly so far? Any impressions? Thinking of logging in tonight and need to do 2 weekly's. Should I try matchmaking or try to find a group here?

How is matchmaking for the weekly so far? Any impressions? Thinking of logging in tonight and need to do 2 weekly's. Should I try matchmaking or try to find a group here?

I'll run a few with you later tonight if you're on. I won't be on until about 9pm Central though (6+ hours from now).

Deku Tree

It's same as for ROC strikes. Hit or miss depending upon who you get matched with.

Technically the matchmaking works good and fast.

It seems to be okay, but it comes with an inherent risk.

If you die, your teammates can simply choose to not revive you. And since you can't leave and rejoin, you have the option of being kicked to orbit for being inactive if you stay dead for too long.

Does anyone know what the timer on that is? 5 minutes maybe?

I did it Wednesday morning. It went great but I imagine that it will be about as reliable as Roc Strikes.

Some people just don't play Destiny very well.

Worth trying though. You can always jump out and try again.

Deku Tree

It seems to be okay, but it comes with an inherent risk.

If you die, your teammates can simply choose to not revive you. And since you can't leave and rejoin, you have the option of being kicked to orbit for being inactive if you stay dead for too long.

Does anyone know what the timer on that is? 5 minutes maybe?

WTF... Has that happened to you or anyone you know?

WTF... Has that happened to you or anyone you know?

I've seen a couple of stories on Reddit about it, yeah.

Nothing to me personally, but I can see how it can happen.

Two days ago the wife and I did the weekly with a random and he died at the very beginning of Valus, right in the dead center of the arena.

I was actually worried I wouldn't be able to get to him before he would be kicked. Had to pull out some interesting diversion tactics to revive him.

rNilla

I've seen a couple of stories on Reddit about it, yeah.

Nothing to me personally, but I can see how it can happen.

Two days ago the wife and I did the weekly with a random and he died at the very beginning of Valus, right in the dead center of the arena.

I was actually worried I wouldn't be able to get to him before he would be kicked. Had to pull out some interesting diversion tactics to revive him.

Can't you just use your controller to avoid this? I find it hard to believe you would be kicked to Orbit for being dead for >5 minutes without it being due to not touching the controller.

I was the sole person alive during the end of Deathsinger on HM once and took forever to complete it. The only person kicked to Orbit put down their controller.

LordofPwn

I'm the one who was saying that!

But I'm also saying that as a insignificant theoretical point Glasshouse is still the best exotic for Atheon.

When I use weapons of light on atheon i dip back into my bubble when i reload so i always have the bonus damage, thus glasshouse offers zero benefit to me. I'd rather have ruin wings or helm of saint 14 for added protection against supplicants if 1 were to manage to get close to me.

Can't you just use your controller to avoid this? I find it hard to believe you would be kicked to Orbit for being dead for >5 minutes without it being due to not touching the controller.

I was the sole person alive during the end of Deathsinger on HM once and took forever to complete it. The only person kicked to Orbit put down their controller.

Being dead starts the inactivity timer. Doesn't matter how much you change your camera or check out your inventory.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Raids have different rules for inactivity.

ocean

Banned
That would suck but if ROC strikes are any indication, the chance of being matched with AFKers is far higher than this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom