• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

I'm so down for this.

Which reminds me, I need to upload my orbageddon video from the other night...
Hhmmm. Might reconsider it on that basis.

Honestly it is hard for me to consider using anything else in stuff like Roc playlist now. It's just too much fun to run Universal Remote, Black Hammer and an MG of your choice (my choices currently aren't so hot unfortunately). So much fun on Titan whether you run Defender or Striker.

My only wish for Universal Remote is that it reloaded faster. I don't think there's a way to improve it on armor either since all the weapon-specific ones are for regular primaries, and the secondary reload speed bonuses don't seem to apply.

E92 M3

We are definitely aware of the feedback coming in about the Necrochasm.

No, you're not using it wrong. :) The weapon is performing as designed. Fictionally I love the weapon, and as an exotic gun I believe it definitely achieved our goal of being a unique item unlike anything else in the game. However, I do agree that competitively it is not as strong as Mythoclast or other highly used Auto Rifles. The acquisition of this weapon was also significantly more involved than other exotics.

We did a huge pass on exotic weapons shortly after Destiny released, and will likely do more updates like this in the future. Community feedback is taken into heavy consideration when we make these updates, so I'm sure we'll be looking closely at Necrochasm when that time comes. Until then, thanks for letting us know how you feel and keep it coming.

Bungie's answer about the Necrochasm. Seems like it will take forever =/

I finally got it!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!

After a 2 week break due to work I've now had 7 exotic weapon drops in 5 days this shit is crazy.

I've got the horn my destiny life is complete

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Attempting my 1st raid tonight 6pm est. Been a long time coming. Going to do the VoG on normal. I'm a level 31 Warlock and my friend is a 30 Hunter. Who wants to help complete noobs out?

GT: Jeerrraayyyyyyy

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Honestly it is hard for me to consider using anything else in stuff like Roc playlist now. It's just too much fun to run Universal Remote, Black Hammer and an MG of your choice (my choices currently aren't so hot unfortunately). So much fun on Titan whether you run Defender or Striker.

My only wish for Universal Remote is that it reloaded faster. I don't think there's a way to improve it on armor either since all the weapon-specific ones are for regular primaries, and the secondary reload speed bonuses don't seem to apply.
Not sure if there are any "improve shotgun reload" perks on armor, but there is War Machine playa! I was getting Force Barriers constantly while we were running yesterday. I know you were rather digging the blind-and-blast from Striker, but that's why you pair it with the one and only Helm of Saint-14. The Universal Saint was one of the first builds I ever theorycrafted, I just never imagined at the time it would have a place in PvE...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there a new King of pvp weapond now after the weapond balancing? Should i finaly level up my bad juju?
Bad Juju is fantastic regardless and has one of the most consistently fun perks in the game, so level it up, yes. but the one you're looking for is Red Death. it's wild.

After a day with the new vault system in the companion app I can say one thing, it definitely makes things convenient. Amazingly so.

I never used the app for gear before so it definitely took a bit to get used to. Easily change items and make transfers painless. However, the biggest issue for me is Vault space. Which was not an addition. I am worried the second social space in the Reef will have a second Vault and the reason they did this was to help alleviate the pain of two Vaults.

I want a game only option in the end. This is great now but an in game option to do the same would be much better. I don't want to use a second screen for this. A "Legend" tab when you press Options on PS4 should have all 3 characters in a rotational selection using left and right on the analog stick to select. Pressing X allows you to edit that Guardian and the items being moved are kept in a selection menu that holds the items there and allows to edit another Guardian and place some or all items.

Each Guardian then has their own Vault. Which can be accessed in this same tab by pressing down on the analog stick to bring up that characters Vault. It would be amazing to keep all exotic armour and weapons that suit the class best in one dedicated vault. Mmmmm

There are much bigger and better ways to fix the issues. This just helps us cut back on tower trips. It saves time but not many other glaring issues with inventory management. This game is hell for it compared to other games like this. The inventory system is unchanged.

I am grateful for this and it brings about great convenience that helps with the fluidity of the game and multiple character sessions like Nightfalls and such.

I hope they continue and it was a damn nice surprise. Good week for Destiny!

Except the lack of any game content for almost 3 months soon. Bring on Sparrow races with gambling!!!

Lnkn52

After a day with the new vault system in the companion app I can say one thing, it definitely makes things convenient. Amazingly so.

I never used the app for gear before so it definitely took a bit to get used to. Easily change items and make transfers painless. However, the biggest issue for me is Vault space. Which was not an addition. I am worried the second social space in the Reef will have a second Vault and the reason they did this was to help alleviate the pain of two Vaults.

I want a game only option in the end. This is great now but an in game option to do the same would be much better. I don't want to use a second screen for this. A "Legend" tab when you press Options on PS4 should have all 3 characters in a rotational selection using left and right on the analog stick to select. Pressing X allows you to edit that Guardian and the items being moved are kept in a selection menu that holds the items there and allows to edit another Guardian and place some or all items.

Each Guardian then has their own Vault. Which can be accessed in this same tab by pressing down on the analog stick to bring up the Vault. It would be amazing to keep all exotic armour and weapons that suit the class best in one dedicated vault. Mmmmm

There are much bigger and better ways to fix the issues. This just helps us not to to the tower and back. It saves time but not many other glaring issues with inventory management. This game is hell for it compared to other games like this.

I am grateful for this and it brings about great convenience that helps with the fluidity of the game and multiple character sessions like Nightfalls and such.

I hope they continue and it was a damn nice surprise. Good week for Destiny!

Except the lack of any game content for almost 3 months soon. Bring on Sparrow races with gambling!!!
I'm glad you'd gave it a chance. It's really cuts the down time in half.

I'm glad you'd gave it a chance. It's really cuts the down time in half.

I was always going to give it a chance. I just had felt relieved to no longer have to use the app for faction rankings after this week's patch and then they made a highly requested feature exclusive to the companion app or Bungie.net.

If anything Bungie.net should become much more integrated into the game. Grimoire, medals etc. Their details should all be accessible in game. It's been a complaint since day one.

No iPad Native app is annoying. Luckily my iPhone 6 Plus' big screen makes it better.

They need to develop a landscape mode for the app. The Android tablet app is portrait too. Bungie is a lazy app developer IMO.

Wallach

Not sure if there are any "improve shotgun reload" perks on armor, but there is War Machine playa! I was getting Force Barriers constantly while we were running yesterday. I know you were rather digging the blind-and-blast from Striker, but that's why you pair it with the one and only Helm of Saint-14. The Universal Saint was one of the first builds I ever theorycrafted, I just never imagined at the time it would have a place in PvE...

Yeah, I have dipped both ways so far pretty much just for War Machine. Might also pair decently with No Backup Plans for higher War Machine uptime. I just prefer being able to blind at range for closing some sketchy gaps before you buckshot faces. Grab Juggernaut for a little more "fuck it I'm going in" assistance, and smashtime if you get in too deep.

Alright so I've been working on upgrading Pulse Rifles and Shotguns since the patch. So far I've fully levelled:

Swordbreaker
Secret Handshake (Vendor roll)

Three Little Words (Full Auto, Perfect Balance and Explosive Rounds roll)
Bad JuJu
Oversoul Edict

What others are worth the upgrade?

Lnkn52

I was always going to give it a chance. I just had felt relieved to no longer have to use it for faction rankings after this week's patch and then they made a highly requested feature exclusive to the companion app or Bungie.net.

If anything Bungie.net should become much more integrated into the game. Grimoire, medals etc. Their details should all be accessible in game. It's been a complaint since day one.

No iPad Native app is annoying. Luckily my iPhone 6 Plus' big screen makes it better.

They need to develop a landscape mode for the app. The Android tablet app is portrait too. Bungie is a lazy app developer IMO.

I really don't like the Android app at all. It's not intuitive especially when you have to click on the extra options to move items to the vault. Also there isn't a real back button, it always reverts me to the homepage. But what's impressive is how instant the transfers are.

Edit: was using the wrong back button.

tick221

Who's up for a HM Crota Kill only, looking to get this done pretty quick, invites will go out as soon as we get 6

1. Tick221
2. 5th
3. darthbob
4. kortez1981

I really don't like the Android app at all. It's not intuitive especially when you have to click on the extra options to move items to the vault. Also there isn't a real back button, it always reverts me to the homepage. But what's impressive is how instant the transfers are.

Yes it is very fast and there is no lag in game at all.

The dissapearing items in poor connection or dissconnect scenarios terrify me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom