• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance I could get someone to drag me through the lvl 30 heroic sometime tonight? I'm a 28 and I'm trying to grab praxic fire; it'd be greatly appreciated, if it's not too much trouble

hydruxo

Any chance I could get someone to drag me through the lvl 30 heroic sometime tonight? I'm a 28 and I'm trying to grab praxic fire; it'd be greatly appreciated, if it's not too much trouble

There's matchmaking for it now, just do it with randoms!

Edit: Nevermind just saw you saying you're 28. I'm sure some people would help you out in here.

Deku Tree

Bungie's answer about the Necrochasm. Seems like it will take forever =/

Translation: "Necro is trash against anything except level 4 earth patrol enemies and we designed it that way. We know it. It's designed as a gimmick weapon. And remember that we care what you think and we talk about it all the time. And we do change things so hey there is that!"

Neat, now if only Destiny had some compelling reason to play it besides dress up, maybe I'd give an f

1507.gif

Namikaze1

Todd spent the whole day photoshopping guardian heads and HoPF onto the P4 swag pic. Yep. He didn't work at all. He was just photoshopping pics.

todd360

A wild Everyday Math appears!

Quick! Someone throw a Master Ball!

Just imagine Math's reaction. She has been gone for awhile. Takes a look at gaming threads. Sees destiny service announcement. She can't not click. Sees me as OP. Sees thread content. lol.

Just imagine Math's reaction. She has been gone for awhile. Takes a look at gaming threads. Sees destiny service announcement. She can't not click. Sees me as OP. Sees thread content. lol.
I honestly didn't expect what I read.
I lost it at the guy waking up with the chicks.

10/10 would subscribe again

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
After a day with the new vault system in the companion app I can say one thing, it definitely makes things convenient. Amazingly so.

I never used the app for gear before so it definitely took a bit to get used to. Easily change items and make transfers painless. However, the biggest issue for me is Vault space. Which was not an addition. I am worried the second social space in the Reef will have a second Vault and the reason they did this was to help alleviate the pain of two Vaults.

I want a game only option in the end. This is great now but an in game option to do the same would be much better. I don't want to use a second screen for this. A "Legend" tab when you press Options on PS4 should have all 3 characters in a rotational selection using left and right on the analog stick to select. Pressing X allows you to edit that Guardian and the items being moved are kept in a selection menu that holds the items there and allows to edit another Guardian and place some or all items.

Each Guardian then has their own Vault. Which can be accessed in this same tab by pressing down on the analog stick to bring up that characters Vault. It would be amazing to keep all exotic armour and weapons that suit the class best in one dedicated vault. Mmmmm

There are much bigger and better ways to fix the issues. This just helps us cut back on tower trips. It saves time but not many other glaring issues with inventory management. This game is hell for it compared to other games like this. The inventory system is unchanged.

I am grateful for this and it brings about great convenience that helps with the fluidity of the game and multiple character sessions like Nightfalls and such.

I hope they continue and it was a damn nice surprise. Good week for Destiny!

Except the lack of any game content for almost 3 months soon. Bring on Sparrow races with gambling!!!
I really respect you taking the time to reflect and give it a chance, and try to see the silver lining despite your disappointment. "Good week for Destiny," even if you aren't personally happy with the feature addition, feels like a way more reasonable characterization than "I never asked for this"!

Per the first bold, I totally agree that this feature addition had absolutely nothing to do with the vault space problem. It just doesn't address it at all, and more vault space is definitely still high on everyone's list.

Second bold, we definitely all want EVERY option available in-game, in the end. It's madness that before this patch, accessing Faction/Mark information from the UI wasn't even possible. I'm sure you can see how the aspects that would have to be touched to implement the in-game solution that you've described, wherein all character inventories are accessible on any character at any time through the UI, will take a lot more work than the apps- which already let you view all character inventories and the vault in one place- to bring to fruition, and that (along with the fact that it was requested by the community) is by and large why we got it first- not because it's intended to exist in place of any in-game solution. If they do manage to implement what you've described though, Destiny would go from having a somewhat inconvenient inventory management scheme to the best I've seen in an online game... being able to interact with the inventories of multiple characters without logging into each is mostly unheard of in the games i've experienced.
I really don't like the Android app at all. It's not intuitive especially when you have to click on the extra options to move items to the vault. Also there isn't a real back button, it always reverts me to the homepage. But what's impressive is how instant the transfers are.

Edit: was using the wrong back button.
It's responsive and highly functional, but it does need a coat of polish to be more intuitive. When "Take from/Move to Vault" is the only option, it doesn't even make sense to have a contextual menu at all. But I still consider it a first effort, and impressive for what it is- a foundation for increasingly useful and smooth mobile apps that have an array of convenience features. Can't stress enough how much I'd absolutely still want the phone app even with a comprehensive in-game solution- I legit had fun reorganizing my inventories and picking loadouts from the office so that I was just 100% ready to roll upon getting home and booting up.

As far as the transfer speed, I'm actually kind of blown away. I had always been thinking too small I guess, but when people talked about getting vault access from the mobile app, I never thought of it as being "real-time." I always imagined you'd get/deposit your stuff when hitting orbit or something, or changing characters. I never considered that we'd be able to retrieve items literally in combat. The way it works actually feels like... you're sending the item right from your phone/browser to your inventory rather than manipulating in-game data through an external UI, I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's an effective illusion.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

I can help you right now if you need it otherwise some other person will have to.

App is useful but I'm not taking chances with losing stuff since I'm prone to BS errors. Safety first. The fact I'm still playing this game is a testament to having patience with changing gear the ol fashion way.

Deku Tree

Vault space

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/105047337/0/0

Hello, I have been playing Destiny since day one and trust me I'm a big fan. But, now I have so many weapons that I can't fit them in the Vault and I'm forced to put them on my characters. As you can see, more vault space is needed greatly so I can fit the only 3 exotic's I need left and more legendaries that I don't want to disarm, but am almost forced to. Thanks.

Urk said:
This is the first time we've read this feedback, but thanks for taking the time to reach out.

;)

Hear you loud and clear. Hopefully the recent companion update helps streamline the management side in the short term.

Bradach

Myself and 2 friends are up for a raid. We have limited experience with them though.
We could manage normal / hard VoG or normal CE I reckon.

Anyone up for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom