• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it sucks..

I've had to cut my Destiny hours down dramatically.. Just sitting here at work til god know when I'm like

xL9LeF4.gif

Namikaze1

How could you ruin our bible?
This pizza the GF made is so damn good. I went to grasp another slice and I accidentally knocked over my cup and it ended up spilling onto the lower shelf where the books where alphabetically organized.

Got it today from one of two engrams I bought and the arachnid.

All exotic armour collected now!
Congrats!

Don't mind me. I'm just gonna go sulk over at the corner.

5. Exotic upgrade system will NOT be the same for HoW as it was TDB

6. Partly why shotguns were nerfed was cos of Blink-shotguns apparently. The more you know.

7. DeeJ refuses to say any details about Trails

8.'internal talks' on making IB more than just control

Bungie's answer about the Necrochasm. Seems like it will take forever =/

We are definitely aware of the feedback coming in about the Necrochasm.

No, you're not using it wrong. :) The weapon is performing as designed. Fictionally I love the weapon, and as an exotic gun I believe it definitely achieved our goal of being a unique item unlike anything else in the game. However, I do agree that competitively it is not as strong as Mythoclast or other highly used Auto Rifles. The acquisition of this weapon was also significantly more involved than other exotics.

We did a huge pass on exotic weapons shortly after Destiny released, and will likely do more updates like this in the future. Community feedback is taken into heavy consideration when we make these updates, so I'm sure we'll be looking closely at Necrochasm when that time comes. Until then, thanks for letting us know how you feel and keep it coming.

yEWTRk3.gif

So this week across my 3 level 32s I did 3 of each of the following: Crota's End Deathsinger and Crota HM, Gorgon through Atheon HM, Nightfall and Lvl 30 weekly. I didn't get a single exotic from any of it. Anyone else ever go through every chance for an exotic drop and get not a single one? Was a bit depressing to be honest, I still need a Ghorn, Red Death and several other exotics.

I'm three nightfalls away from an exoticless week. But I did finally get the fang, so there is that.

1. One of the designers commented saying Horde mode is interesting and calls to DeeJ who ofc doesn't reply.

2. Possibility that crucible specific perks on IB gear in future

3.NLB - working as intended (will probably 'look' into it apparently)

4. True objective games modes - maybe some day. Apparently it would be too much 'undue pressure' on one player otherwise. *COUGH* SCROTA *COUGH*

6. Partly why shotguns were nerfed was cos of Blink-shotguns apparently. The more you know.

9. https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/105029453/0/0

Apparently a really good damage calculations post

Those were the first 3 pages. I can't be bothered trawling through the rest. Probably more non-answers or snark

Best I could find. Someone compiling a bunch of them in one thread.

Feedback Forum.

These together pretty much cover everything. And no problem Cuco

Agent

Does anyone have the Gorgon CP that I can run three characters through?

Yeah, i do. I'll fire up the game and be in a few minutes. Anyone else who needs it is welcome to join as well.

PSN: phantom8324

Edit: at the Gorgon chest now for anyone who wants it.

1. One of the designers commented saying Horde mode is interesting and calls to DeeJ who ofc doesn't reply.

2. Possibility that crucible specific perks on IB gear in future

3.NLB - working as intended (will probably 'look' into it apparently)

4. True objective games modes - maybe some day. Apparently it would be too much 'undue pressure' on one player otherwise. *COUGH* SCROTA *COUGH*
Really? That's what bungie said? Wow...but halo was alright to have game objectives.
Edit: that makes me truly lose faith in bungie. Wtf are they thinking and being such scrubs with game development. Half of the stanards "fps" requierment are not even in the game.

rNilla

3. NLB - working as intended (will probably 'look' into it apparently)

Why was this intended to be such a piece of shit? It has crazy range and that's about it. It should do way more precision damage or have a much higher rate of fire--something, anything--but then either of those would probably be an issue in PVP. :/

I don't care what they do with Exotic upgrades as long as you don't lose the leveled up perks when you do it.

Shito

So many "working as intended" answers...
They really have to stop with this, it really makes them look quite stupid to say NLB and Nechrochasm are working "as intended".

In other news: another day, another heavy purple engram, another shitty legendary purple launcher.
One day, one day...

Why was this intended to be such a piece of shit? It has crazy range and that's about it. It should do way more precision damage or have a much higher rate of fire--something, anything--but then either of those would probably be an issue in PVP. :/

It is just some tweaks away from being what an Exotic should be. They don't have to be all powerful, but there needs to be a balance in their risk/reward. NLB is already gimped by iron sites and slow rate of fire and reload. There should be a reward of ridiculously high precision damage. PvP wouldn't be harmed since most snipers 1 shot anyway. It needs to reward a skilled hand in PvE.

So many "working as intended" answers...
They really have to stop with this, it really makes them look quite stupid to say NLB and Nechrochasm are working "as intended".

In other news: another day, another heavy purple engram, another shitty legendary purple launcher.
One day, one day...
Man, I wish I could get a 331 launcher. I've gotten 3 machine guns this week, all of which were immediately dismantled.

Ridli

Hey Gaf, we have a group half way through Normal CE and we lost a member, and need one more. Anyone want to join up for Deathsinger/Crota? Just need 1

PSN: RidliMM

nvm!

i don't think bungie really answered anything they wouldn't have on twitter or a twitch stream.

still would have preferred a more focused "open mic" night with an ongoing discussion.

Shito

It is just some tweaks away from being what an Exotic should be. They don't have to be all powerful, but there needs to be a balance in their risk/reward. NLB is already gimped by iron sites and slow rate of fire and reload. There should be a reward of ridiculously high precision damage. PvP wouldn't be harmed since most snipers 1 shot anyway. It needs to reward a skilled hand in PvE.
Yeah, it clearly is the intention behind the weapon, but as you said it needs a great damage boost to its unique perk to be at least interesting to use in PVE. Saying that right now it's "working as intended" is so stupid from Bungie: nobody uses the weapon, and the few that do only do it in a mocking way.
If that really was what they intended for the weapon to be, well...

They insist it's a really 'niche' PvP weapon. And any changes to make it easier to use will make it more accessible and therefore no longer a niche weapon. Or atleast that's thier reasoning

rNilla

They insist it's a really 'niche' PvP weapon. And any changes to make it easier to use will make it more accessible and therefore no longer a niche weapon. Or atleast that's thier reasoning

This approach makes no sense when everything is both PVE and PVP. When I played the beta I actually thought the Crucible vendor weapons and armor were for PVP only but obviously that's not the case. Why treat a weapon this way? It should do crazy precision damage in PVE. Maybe even in the form of incremental damage if you can pull off successive precision shots 'quickly.'

I think NLB is one of the coolest looking weapons in the game and it's a shame it is useless in PVE unless you are a crazy person like me and/or cheat with animation cancelling. Even then it's still one of the worst snipers you can use and has no ammo.

Shito

So, too many people using AR is bad and let's buff pulse rifles so that more people use them, but having "niche" weapons is somehow ok? ^^
They just keep on throwing their own idea of fun, as usual...

ocean

Banned
50k more XP and my Horn will be maxed. Last time I felt so close to a goalpost in this game was when I was about to reach level 30 back in the day.

This approach makes no sense when everything is both PVE and PVP. When I played the beta I actually thought the Crucible vendor weapons and armor were for PVP only but obviously that's not the case. Why treat a weapon this way? It should do crazy precision damage in PVE. Maybe even in the form of incremental damage if you can pull off successive precision shots 'quickly.'

I think NLB is one of the coolest looking weapons in the game and it's a shame it is useless in PVE unless you are a crazy person like me and/or cheat with animation cancelling. Even then it's still one of the worst snipers you can use and has no ammo.

Funny thing is someone asked a question about why they don't make OP weapons like the old Vex and make it PvE only or vice versa. They say it's cos they don't want to impose 'restrictions' (or something like that. Can't remember exactly') on weapons

So, too many people using AR is bad and let's buff pulse rifles so that more people use them, but having "niche" weapons is somehow ok? ^^
They just keep on throwing their own idea of fun, as usual...

I think it would just be better if they finally just admit they only have a skeleton crew still working on the current game...

Funny thing is someone asked a question about why they don't make OP weapons like the old Vex and make it PvE only or vice versa. They say it's cos they don't want to impose 'restrictions' (or something like that. Can't remember exactly') on weapons

I think it would just be better if they finally just admit they only have a skeleton crew still working on the current game...
Get on PVP!

50k more XP and my Horn will be maxed. Last time I felt so close to a goalpost in this game was when I was about to reach level 30 back in the day.

If you already got Wolfpacks, you are golden. The last bubbles is just cosmetic for that Gold border. Hope you had a chance to introduce your new friend to Strike and Raid bosses.

I showed mine to Crota and he knelt in reverence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom