• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I haven't played in like a month and I've just been checking the thread every couple of days but now I have to play some Xûr actually has shit that I want.

Not looking forward to all the Nightfalls and weekly strikes I have to do. But I am hoping to run some raids this weekend, especially vault of glass.

From Reddit:

oJoU3Fi.jpg
I'm late on this, but that has been my experience with it. The nightfall was actually fun this week. Non stop fire everywhere.

Welp. Just lost an Oversoul Edict. I tried transfering it from the vault while I was loading. :/

Seriously? That is scary. I'm hoping it will be with the postmaster when you go to the tower. Sorry for your loss.

Welp. Just lost an Oversoul Edict. I tried transfering it from the vault while I was loading. :/

So far every report of transfer failure happened during loading or a wipe. I will just do it in orbit or if I am offline for now.

Gjallarhorn is not going to be swapped by this method, ever.

ocean

Banned
If you already got Wolfpacks, you are golden. The last bubbles is just cosmetic for that Gold border. Hope you had a chance to introduce your new friend to Strike and Raid bosses.

I showed mine to Crota and he knelt in reverence.

Already have Wolfpack :) only missing the last two bubbles now. I've started testing it out and it's lived up to the hype. Now I just need a Solar burn...

Mindlog

The last IB reignited my enthusiasm for Crucible. I've been toying around with different setups and learning the new maps. Can't say I'm a fan of Anomoly/Control. It tends to be a shotgun spamfest with a few others scattered around in corners I don't know yet.

Load into a game in progress and guess what I find?
WEBM

Been running into a bunch of laggy games though.

Already have Wolfpack :) only missing the last two bubbles now. I've started testing it out and it's lived up to the hype. Now I just need a Solar burn...

Oh baby, I can't wait. I have yet to test mine on Solar burn either.

Omnigul Solar burn would be so cathartic right about now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol, hey hudson, you have a Wii U?

bungie.net works reasonably well on the gamepad XD definitely use the right stick to zoom to a comfortable level and then you're good to go.
You'd think they would have mentioned that. Oh well, still my fault for not knowing better.
nah- it's not supposed to happen, full stop. It's the kind of thing Bungie will want to know about... your exact circumstances and so forth. Sucks :-/ I'm sure tons of people have transferred stuff during loads and been fine or we would've heard about it, so it's an anomaly they would want to track down.

blazeuk

Cheers for the games to those I played with tonight, party chat went a bit mental towards the end with NAT problems (had to judge the rocket launching for myself since I couldn't hear the signal to fire). Crota gave me nothing of value sadly, 3 crota kills netted me 2 NLB, sharded both.

I dunno, I just had this feeling like I should wait until it's not loading. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not necessarily surprised it happened when it did.

Xion385

Have you tried checking your vault again? My ascendant energy wasnt showing in game, but it showed up in my app. I transferred it again and it showed up. Good luck.

Deku Tree

Ok I'm just keeping my two max gjallarhorns on two toons and using my max hunger of Crota on the third toon.
I'm not doing No gjallarhorn transfers.
Too much risk.

FirewalkR

Ok, 3 Ir Yut and 3 Crota kills, done for the night I guess. :) Thanks to everyone who joined!

Also got my first Crota HM kill as swordbearer (and second swordbearer kill in total lol), which was nice.

The drop patterns seem to have changed a bit.. I'd never gotten a Crota raid ship before, and tonight I got 3. And a lot of Fangs which I'd only seen once before. Perhaps just RNGesus being RNGesus.

Frenden

Banned
I'm usually a voidbro--just how good is the cool down effect for teammates?

I've never once played with a sunsinger who buffed the team in a strike or raid, so I have no baseline.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Only a handful of reports and no official acknowledgement. Seems like it is a very low chance of happening, but still. Be cautious until further notice.
I dunno, I just had this feeling like I should wait until it's not loading. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not necessarily surprised it happened when it did.

in general, any solution like this, you ideally want:

-stable internet connection
-stable "game state" (not loading, transferring stuff in the in-game vault, changing zones, heading to orbit, changing characters etc.)

but... it doesn't matter, they'd have put a disclaimer of the same nature as the one you get in games while saving to not turn off your console, you know? The intended design is for you to be able to transfer stuff while loading and I know a ton of people have tried this already. I'm going to test a couple of items right now.

dyergram

I got NLB as a random crucible drop I was really excited until I realised it was that shitty gun I had heard about. Is it useless should I dismantle it?

I've transferred during Tower load several times now with no issue...

Oh, well then yeah. What the hell, man.

Did you check the vault and all your other alts in game to see if it's there?

Yup.

in general, any solution like this, you ideally want:

-stable internet connection
-stable "game state" (not loading, transferring stuff in the in-game vault, changing zones, heading to orbit, changing characters etc.)

but... it doesn't matter, they'd have put a disclaimer of the same nature as the one you get in games while saving to not turn off your console, you know? The intended design is for you to be able to transfer stuff while loading and I know a ton of people have tried this already. I'm going to test a couple of items right now.

No, yeah, you're right.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I got NLB as a random crucible drop I was really excited until I realised it was that shitty gun I had heard about. Is it useless should I dismantle it?

If you're a collector, keep it. If you need shards, level it but don't fill in the bubbles, then dismantle it so you get 2.

lol, hey hudson, you have a Wii U?

bungie.net works reasonably well on the gamepad XD definitely use the right stick to zoom to a comfortable level and then you're good to go.

I've been using the ps4 browser like lnkn suggested. It's good enough for quick swaps. Using the right stick to scroll the vault is actually better than trying to scroll on the pc with a mouse. Also trying to work an external cell battery backup thing into my rotation.

yessss... my second 32. now I can get hard sword practice on my titan finally ahhh.

Excellent, Titan is quickly becoming my favorite class. Going to be my main priority come House of Wolves.

After power leveling him to 31 at a blistering pace, RNG has stopped me dead in my tracks the last 2 weeks. Crota raid seems content to only drop Willbreakers's Fists and nothing else.

If there is one thing Bungie could do to improve the Raid experience is have a way to grind your gear through merit and not be subject purely to RNG. Level 32 is so close, yet so far away.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
okay, just went to and from hard crota a few times, transferring an oversoul edict at different times during the ship screen and loading in. I even moved it from the vault, to the titan, back to the vault, back to the titan before loading in. every time, the gun immediately popped up on the right no matter where I was in the transition. also tried once, loading screen into the tower.

this isn't extensive testing or anything but I'd describe this bug as "not easily reproducible" which makes sense; an enormous volume of people have played destiny and we'd have heard a ton of reports of this already if it was really widespread.

Still, it is good practice in general to just do it when you're in a state like Orbit, Tower, down on some planet, or the game is off.

Planning on starting a Crota's End Normal run on PS4 shortly if anyone's interested! I've got two so far. Friend me if you want in!

Sorry to anyone who tried to reach me on PSN...I'm having all kinds of trouble with friend search, requests, messages, etc tonight. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

rNilla

okay, just went to and from hard crota a few times, transferring an oversoul edict at different times during the ship screen and loading in. I even moved it from the vault, to the titan, back to the vault, back to the titan before loading in. every time, the gun immediately popped up on the right no matter where I was in the transition. also tried once, loading screen into the tower.

this isn't extensive testing or anything but I'd describe this bug as "not easily reproducible" which makes sense; an enormous volume of people have played destiny and we'd have heard a ton of reports of this already if it was really widespread.

Still, it is good practice in general to just do it when you're in a state like Orbit, Tower, down on some planet, or the game is off.

I've only used Bungie.net so far but since the transfer is reflected immediately on the site (and I've even done it while offline) this really shouldn't be a problem. Give KING his Edict back!

I feel like Bungie should have a checks&balances system for the app transfer. Transfer initiates, transfer processes (where I'm guessing it gets lost, transfer end. Is item in target location? If it gets lost during the transaction, then it rolls back or retries.

Maybe they do but yea. Probably a real tiny anomaly :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom