• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just try doing Flawless Raider on Crota, this random person in our party decided to be a troll and get killed in the Thrall Hallway. Fucking trolls :(

spyder_ur

Just try doing Flawless Raider on Crota, this random person in our party decided to be a troll and get killed in the Thrall Hallway. Fucking trolls :(

That sounds like the last thing I would want to be doing with people I don't know. At least it was the thrall hallway, he could've ran up to Crota.

Anyone doing any Atheon runs?

todd360

11 wins and everyone had enough winning for one day lol. That was a really good team. Neogaf destiny trains are unstoppable.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so... i'm pretty sure I just worked out my favorite build so far, and I don't even have it finished yet. stealth shotgun PvE ninja, with Don't Touch Me, and your choice of ridiculous shotgun, for my hunter here that's gonna be 4th Horseman, I LOVE its Full Auto for some reason in PvE and Return to Sender will put in work with every shot counting for twice what it used to, don't even have the range unlocks and it already wrecks with this playstyle. But honestly you could get huge mileage out of this running Universal Remote so you never have to worry about ammo. You guys know that when you're stealthed you can put your shotgun into an enemy's ear and then shoot them in the head right? cause you can do that.

Shadowjack isn't necessary because you always shoot to break stealth and can then get it back immediately in a number of ways. So Fleet Footed (which makes the build IMO, you are SO FAST with this perk), Escape Artist, Stalker, Vanish. Way of the Fearless to maximize your chances of surviving to proc Don't Touch Me.

To absolutely max effectiveness, actually go full Strength (never imagined wanting this for a Bladedancer build) just to get more Escape Artist procs.

the m.o. is the following flowchart: stealth with Stalker (crouch) -> pick target, introduce target face to shotgun ->
If Dead -> boost slide to cover, stealth again
If Not Dead -> melee to stealth, casually choose next target.
Repeat.

at high levels of play, can't believe I'm saying this, but it's even viable with lightswitch on. Just messed around with it on the heroic.

also *buys Special Ammo Synth*

rNilla

Vex is by far my most common VoG weapon drop at this point. It's not even close. (Although that's mostly from doing a lot of Atheon only).

so... i'm pretty sure I just worked out my favorite build so far, and I don't even have it finished yet. stealth shotgun PvE ninja, with Don't Touch Me, and your choice of ridiculous shotgun, for my hunter here that's gonna be 4th Horseman, I LOVE its Full Auto for some reason in PvE and Return to Sender will put in work with every shot counting for twice what it used to, don't even have the range unlocks and it already wrecks with this playstyle. But honestly you could get huge mileage out of this running Universal Remote so you never have to worry about ammo. You guys know that when you're stealthed you can put your shotgun into an enemy's ear and then shoot them in the head right? cause you can do that.

Shadowjack isn't necessary because you always shoot to break stealth and can then get it back immediately in a number of ways. So Fleet Footed (which makes the build IMO, you are SO FAST with this perk), Escape Artist, Stalker, Vanish. Way of the Fearless to maximize your chances of surviving to proc Don't Touch Me.

To absolutely max effectiveness, actually go full Strength (never imagined wanting this for a Bladedancer build) just to get more Escape Artist procs.

the m.o. is the following flowchart: stealth with Stalker (crouch) -> pick target, introduce target face to shotgun ->
If Dead -> boost slide to cover, stealth again
If Not Dead -> melee to stealth, casually choose next target.
Repeat.

at high levels of play, can't believe I'm saying this, but it's even viable with lightswitch on. Just messed around with it on the heroic.

also *buys Special Ammo Synth*

Sounds like a fun build, but frequently having to crouch for invis seems like a lot of down time. It may do tons of burst damage, but seems like it would be fairly slow overall. Maybe I need to see it in action.

I'm gonna give TLW the rest of this weekend to see if I can get used to it post patch but so far it's not looking great. ADSing and using full auto fan fire is a huge bitch now and it's super easy to get your head shots screwed up.

I've been running Thorn again and it feels a lot better. There's just no point in not using it versus TLW now that you can't really full auto down people outside of shotgun range practicallly anymore. If you're gonna have to space your shots out at least the poison on Thorn helps a bit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sounds like a fun build, but frequently having to crouch for invis seems like a lot of down time. It may do tons of burst damage, but seems like it would be fairly slow overal. Maybe I need to see it in action.
well you don't literally stealth between every kill unless there are tons of high priority targets to stalk. I would certainly not say that "downtime" characterizes the build. ;) I guess I can stream these Roc strikes, but this is an incomplete form of course :> don't have 4th horseman or don't touch me leveled yet.

also:
-stealth eliminates reloading as a shotgun weakness
-you can get so close so consistently that I haven't even been bothering with ADS

my psn is Hawkian! Sorry just cleaning up a moon bounty.

Hey Destiny-GAF. Earlier in the thread mentioned that I had been in the hospital since Tuesday. For whoever is curious, I had gall stones form in my gall bladder, probably due to losing about 80lbs in under a year, and clog up my common bile duct. This caused the bile produced by the liver to back up and start flowing into places it doesn't belong, like my bloodstream. I needed two procedures, and endoscopy to go in and remove the stones in had clogging up the duct, of which there were three. Today I went in for the second, which was getting my gall bladder removed in order to avoid future problems. Long story short, I'm in tons of fucking pain haha. Good thing though, I was finally discharged so I just got home.

If any one wants to do me a solid and help me run some raids and stuff tomorrow, I'd appreciate it and love you forever. Either way, I'm happy to be back, and even though I lurk more than I post I love this community and it's one of the only communities I've ever been proud to be a part of. Look forward to kicking some ass with all of you sometime soon. :)

Hey Destiny-GAF. Earlier in the thread mentioned that I had been in the hospital since Tuesday. For whoever is curious, I had gall stones form in my gall bladder, probably due to losing about 80lbs in under a year, and clog up my common bile duct. This caused the bile produced by the liver to back up and start flowing into places it doesn't belong, like my bloodstream. I needed two procedures, and endoscopy to go in and remove the stones in had clogging up the duct, of which there were three. Today I went in for the second, which was getting my gall bladder removed in order to avoid future problems. Long story short, I'm in tons of fucking pain haha. Good thing though, I was finally discharged so I just got home.

If any one wants to do me a solid and help me run some raids and stuff tomorrow, I'd appreciate it and love you forever. Either way, I'm happy to be back, and even though I lurk more than I post I love this community and it's one of the only communities I've ever been proud to be a part of. Look forward to kicking some ass with all of you sometime soon. :)

Holy crap. Glad to see your okay man.

Glad your procedures went well and that you're back home! I'd be more than happy to run raids and stuff with you tomorrow

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

gall stones. gat damn. Glad the procedures are over, hope they gave you some decent drugs.
Hawkian, if you are still looking to do some two sword Hard Crota shenanigans I think we have a team of 5.
Seriously? Uh, sorry Arramos ;_; Been wanting to give this a shot for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom