• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, its base range is silly levels of awful and it really still competes. Field Choke + Hammer Forged and it's actually competitive... then return to sender extend my reserve ammo by an effective ~40%...

hehe, wish I had video of the universal remote vs. walker on titan

Ammo starvation is probably the biggest issue with that build. Do you have some gear with increased Shotgun Ammo held? That would probably be ideal.

Invective regeneration could be interesting. Now I just need a 331 version of that gun too. Damn, this patch just gave me like 7 Shotguns to Max out now and I don't have a single Shotgun Telemetry.

exYle

Strange request - does anyone have an HM Crota CP that I can just grab? I don't want to do it, just have it for later.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ammo starvation is probably the biggest issue with that build. Do you have some gear with increased Shotgun Ammo held? That would probably be ideal.
Yep, right on the money- i have a 33 light piece with it, I'm just actually leveling up armor right now so using it. this is full on prototype mode, obv not even using don't touch me.

But exactly, need to compensate for ammo- shotgun ammo increase on armor + return to sender....... om nom nom nom

edit: don't touch me have special weapon reload speed.... OM NOM NOM NOM.
Invective regeneration could be interesting. Now I just need a 331 version of that gun too. Damn, this patch just gave me like 7 Shotguns to Max out now and I don't have a single Shotgun Telemetry.
lmao right there with you.

edit: don't touch me have special weapon reload speed.... OM NOM NOM NOM..

Yup, I also have a Dogged Gage with Special Weapon Reload Speed, the Relentless Harness with increased Shot Gun Ammo held (unleveled). This would work well with my Radiant Dance Machine build idea.

So glad they buffed Shotguns. Something different to be excited about again.

EDIT: That first part of Nexus strike is perfect for aggressive Shotgun use. Damn, but not so great at Sekrion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Here's our Crota 2 sword kill

From the beginning if you want to see the initial setup (Titans with Alpha Lupi FTW)
From the start of the interesting stuff

The general rule of thumb I followed for damaging him was,

First shieldbreak: R1-R1-R2, R1-R1-R2, R2
Second shieldbreak: R1-R1-R2, R1-R2-Super cancel (first sword round I messed this up, basically did R1-Super-R2 instead, but it worked out)

However, the most important thing is keeping an eye on his health. Assuming you have tons of time on the sword like we did, you do not want him to enrage after the third sword. You want to get him as close as possible, i.e. ~25%. It doesn't actually matter how much damage you do on the first two swords, as long as he's below 50% by the third sword you're on track to kill by enraging him during the fourth. edit: if he doesn't die, at this point you call for a third shieldbreak- MORE than enough time left on the sword as seen in this video. You want the swordbearer to die in exactly the area he did for us here.

Because you get the super on the second shield break each time, all the damage is backloaded, so you really don't have to worry about the individual amounts per break so much as getting him to the right point on the edge of enrage before your final sword attempt.

Basically, if you do all the damage possible on the first two swords, you can actually get him to the point where you'd just want to "skip" the third shieldbreak (in other words just wait, get the orbs and stay in safety until your super's up) and then finish him on the "fourth" without every having done a third (so three shield breaks total). Otherwise, you may need to do just a couple of R1s, an R2, or whatever it takes on the third shield break- in this case I had a fair bit of damage to go so I went for basically the full combo.
EDIT: That first part of Nexus strike is perfect for aggressive Shotgun use.
Absolutely, full rooms of juicy targets...
Damn, but not so great at Sekrion.
ahahah seriously that was a bit of a handicap. shame, forgot about that detonation move XD

My last chance at exotics this week was three nightfalls. Since nothing else dropped an exotic for me I thought this has to be my time right? Nightfall #1 = 11 ass shards. #2 = chest of alpha crappiness (not sure if it's the Hunter or Titan one). #3 =
my 8th or 10th MIDA multitool
!

Jinjo

yeah, its base range is silly levels of awful and it really still competes. Field Choke + Hammer Forged and it's actually competitive... then return to sender extend my reserve ammo by an effective ~40%...

hehe, wish I had video of the universal remote vs. walker on titan

Did they nerf the stability btw? If you go for any other barrel option it just brings the stability back to 0. That used to be an excellent part of the gun....

So speculation from the data mine was that Saint 14 is next week right? What about the gun inventory? I'd like Mida or Red Death.

I don't recall what Megaman said about weapon. Don't think he has made a statement on that yet. Only that Hard Light and Thunderlord were "soon".

There is apparently another user on Reddit claiming to have hacked in the same way saying Helm of Saint 14 next week and Ice Breaker as the weapon.

Gordon

Okay, Stage 1;
So I mean band-aid gear transfer is okay, but why not band-aid on an extra like 60 slots for each vault category in a separate section that's only accessible via the companion app or the browser interface? Call it an archive or something so you have somewhere to put the shit you actually want to store, and then you can use your vault as an active gear pool.

Stage 2;Stick the companion app's gear swapping interface into a console in the tower so you can get stuff off your other guardians or maybe even from your "archive"?

Stage 3; Maybe trans-mat those big-ass vault things into our spaceships so we can hit up our "gear pools" without matchmaking in the dance playlist?

Stage 4; ....profit?

Stage 5; raid bugs lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They should make it so that you could exchange one strange coin for three motes, etc. Game needs to be more accessible from all angles.

Just did my first weekly using Matchmaking...what a terrible experience.

First one guy is AFK. I guess the other guy got upset and left almost halfway in. Then the guy that was AFK suddenly is active and makes it to Valus...where he runs off to the opposite side of where I was only to get killed. I go revive him and he's dead before I get back to my spot. I then said screw it and proceed to solo Valus.

9 coins later,
The end.

Oh damn...they put matchmaking into the weekly? When did this happen? Did they do it for the nightfall too?

Pretty sure Deej mentioned it before in one of his updates. Dunno why Urk's saying it's the first time he's hearing about that.

He was failing at being sarcastic. He has commented on it here several OT's ago.

Oh damn...they put matchmaking into the weekly? When did this happen? Did they do it for the nightfall too?

It was added in the patch released this week. Heroic only. Nightfall is not effected.

SAiLO

Anyone who wants to run NM Crota's End and then maybe HM in the next 30 minutes please add yourselves to the list:

1. SAiLO
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. ...
  5. ...
  6. ...

Alright so I've been working on upgrading Pulse Rifles and Shotguns since the patch. So far I've fully levelled:

Shotguns
Swordbreaker
Secret Handshake (Vendor roll)

Pulse Rifles
Three Little Words (Full Auto, Perfect Balance and Explosive Rounds roll)
Bad JuJu
Oversoul Edict

What others are worth the upgrade?

Didn't get any responses before. Any other suggestions?

I don't have Red Death otherwise I would add that to the list.

I'm levelling Invective and it seems pretty effective, Bad JuJu seems redeemed by the patch with AP rounds and auto-reload it tears through mook mobs (I don't PVP so I can't help there).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I had noobs sending me messages telling me to leave patrol area. LOL. Just for that I'm going to stick around.

Maddocks

I need 1 for crota hard. We at the deathsinger and our 6th left and I hate to leave on my first hard mode corta.

psn: Maddocks976

Deku Tree

Found Verdict for PvP if you have it? Some people say they dismantled Found Verdict now that they have Secret Handshake though.

I only have Swordbreaker and I'm gonna buy SH. But I don't have Crucible rep or Crucible marks so I'll just have those two. Dismantled every shotgun that I got before now.

Edit: top of page. I'm number one now Nami!

http://giphy.com/gifs/funny-gif-reaction-tv-ByrnnQjftThnO

tumblr_lxpafdfEZ31rn95k2o1_250.gif

X4I4XDa.gif

Steroyd

I had noobs sending me messages telling me to leave patrol area. LOL. Just for that I'm going to stick around.

Back when the farming cave wasn't patched, I was told to fuck off if I didn't know how to farm, I then proceeded to dance in front of said cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom