• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostburn

Hey Destiny-GAF. Earlier in the thread mentioned that I had been in the hospital since Tuesday. [snip] Long story short, I'm in tons of fucking pain haha. Good thing though, I was finally discharged so I just got home.

If any one wants to do me a solid and help me run some raids and stuff tomorrow, I'd appreciate it and love you forever. Either way, I'm happy to be back, and even though I lurk more than I post I love this community and it's one of the only communities I've ever been proud to be a part of. Look forward to kicking some ass with all of you sometime soon. :)

Welcome back! If I'm on at all when you are tomorrow I can help with Nightfalls or Raids.

coy

Hey Destiny-GAF. Earlier in the thread mentioned that I had been in the hospital since Tuesday. For whoever is curious, I had gall stones form in my gall bladder, probably due to losing about 80lbs in under a year, and clog up my common bile duct. This caused the bile produced by the liver to back up and start flowing into places it doesn't belong, like my bloodstream. I needed two procedures, and endoscopy to go in and remove the stones in had clogging up the duct, of which there were three. Today I went in for the second, which was getting my gall bladder removed in order to avoid future problems. Long story short, I'm in tons of fucking pain haha. Good thing though, I was finally discharged so I just got home.

If any one wants to do me a solid and help me run some raids and stuff tomorrow, I'd appreciate it and love you forever. Either way, I'm happy to be back, and even though I lurk more than I post I love this community and it's one of the only communities I've ever been proud to be a part of. Look forward to kicking some ass with all of you sometime soon. :)
Right on, sounds like you're in better spirits. I can't and won't imagine the suckiness of your experience but glad it's over.

Hey Destiny-GAF. Earlier in the thread mentioned that I had been in the hospital since Tuesday. For whoever is curious, I had gall stones form in my gall bladder, probably due to losing about 80lbs in under a year, and clog up my common bile duct. This caused the bile produced by the liver to back up and start flowing into places it doesn't belong, like my bloodstream. I needed two procedures, and endoscopy to go in and remove the stones in had clogging up the duct, of which there were three. Today I went in for the second, which was getting my gall bladder removed in order to avoid future problems. Long story short, I'm in tons of fucking pain haha. Good thing though, I was finally discharged so I just got home.

Hope the recovery goes well. I'm pretty sure my dad went through this about 2 years ago. He had a couple of scary moments, mostly before the doctors figured out what was wrong. He was sick for months, but after surgery it went well.

If I see you post I'll hop on and help. I've got raids to run myself. PSN - Dr_LawyerCop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh shiiiit, vendor Two to the Morgue is an incredible PvE shotgun. Void, Hammer Forged, Crowd Control and Luck in the Chamber on a 6 round mag.

slowly working out the best shotgun distribution for my characters.... having an embarrassing amount of fun doing it too. each one gets a different exotic.

oh shiiiit, vendor Two to the Morgue is an incredible PvE shotgun. Void, Hammer Forged, Crowd Control and Luck in the Chamber on a 6 round mag.

slowly working out the best shotgun distribution for my characters.... having an embarrassing amount of fun doing it too. each one gets a different exotic.

When you are done with the sword stuff. Stream some Shotty action.

I've had my "Don't Touch Me's" maxed for a while and they are fantastic. Seems like it would be good with an invis Blade Dancer build.

I should have my Universal Remote main perk unlocked very soon and plan to do some in-your-face ROCing with Radiant Dance Machines.

Ghazi

Just got a Vanquisher with SureShot, Counterbalance, Field Scout, and Glass Half Empty 🙌

Too bad ARs just got nerfed pretty hard.

Man. Reading some of those Bungie answers makes me really question their direction. The reasons for not including true Crucible objective modes and insistence NLB and Nechrochasm are working as intended is just.....I don't even know what to call it. Misguided?

Man that sounds awful. I hope you feel 100% again soon.

Was one coin short for Heart of Praxic Fire, so as soon as I got home from going out with some friends, I jumped right into ROC, with my rosary in hand and all my prayers going to RNGeesus. Did this for 3 hours, before I had to stop because I open up at work tomorrow. I turn all of the engrams in at the tower... No coins.

As I am about to leave, I notice that I received a package from the Cryptarch. I open it, and receive a purple chest engram and a mote...
B-FcWeiCMAAgOmF.jpg

... The purple engram became a Strange Coin.
B19uidP.gif

Never have I been this happy for the Cryptarch bastard to turn an engram of mine into a coin. I can go to bed in peace.

Man. Reading some of those Bungie answers makes me really question their direction. The reasons for not including true Crucible objective modes and insistence NLB and Nechrochasm are working as intended is just.....I don't even know what to call it. Misguided?

Every answer has to pass through the ambiguous PR filter first. I'm sure they want to tell more, but can't. At least I hope that's the case.

It always comes across very odd when the fans seem to understand the game and its issues better than those who designed it.

todd360

Was one coin short for Heart of Praxic Fire, so as soon as I got home from going out with some friends, I jumped right into ROC, with my rosary in hand and all my prayers going to RNGeesus. Did this for 3 hours, before I had to stop because I open up at work tomorrow. I turn all of the engrams in at the tower... No coins.

As I am about to leave, I notice that I received a package from the Cryptarch. I open it, and receive a purple chest engram and a mote...
B-FcWeiCMAAgOmF.jpg

... The purple engram became a Strange Coin.
B19uidP.gif

Never have I been this happy for the Cryptarch bastard to turn an engram of mine into a coin. I can go to bed in peace.

This is a heart warming story. Perfect for the whole family.

GhaleonEB

I have a group of three level 30's hoping to run normal CE - can anyone help fill us out? One has never run a raid before, we can break him in. :D

1) Ghaleon_EB
2) Rottshreck
3) WolfSeeker22
4) Shem0275
5) Bigmanny287
6) Zumphry

Full!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GOD yes. uploading video now. killed him when the word enraged appeared.

WHEN THE WORD ENRAGED APPEARED.

edit: ...that was so much fucking fun. thank you guys all sincerely.

forewarning, any group of all 32s I wind up in, we are doing it this way from now on.

Ragarra

GOD yes. uploading video now. killed him when the word enraged appeared.

WHEN THE WORD ENRAGED APPEARED.

edit: ...that was so much fucking fun. thank you guys all sincerely.

forewarning, any group of all 32s I wind up in, we are doing it this way from now on.

Glad to help was awesome.

well NLB was obviously intended to be crappy

xur wouldn't sell it every other week if it was good

not sure what to think about necrochasm tho

recks

Holy shit, I had the EXACT same problem last year, hope you get well soon :)

Hit me up and I can run you through everything tomorrow if you need.

PSN is x__xo__o

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Anybody want to do stuff in Destiny? I'm not even sure what to do right now. Maybe I'll play The Order?

Meh, just a little bit of Destiny.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still uploading the clip, gonna stream some Roc now with my Proto-shotgun-ninja build. Anyone want in? gonna start rollin in about 5 mins.

Every answer has to pass through the ambiguous PR filter first. I'm sure they want to tell more, but can't. At least I hope that's the case.

It always comes across very odd when the fans seem to understand the game and its issues better than those who designed it.
Can I get a link to this please

EL CUCO

Just did my first weekly using Matchmaking...what a terrible experience.

First one guy is AFK. I guess the other guy got upset and left almost halfway in. Then the guy that was AFK suddenly is active and makes it to Valus...where he runs off to the opposite side of where I was only to get killed. I go revive him and he's dead before I get back to my spot. I then said screw it and proceed to solo Valus.

9 coins later,
The end.

If I see a post and available to help, I shall.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking good, even with terrible range. Should be a monster with Hammer Forged. Hope RNG blesses me with this one. Gotta give Invective another shot.

C'mon, get up close and personal with that Walker and show him 4th Horsemen point blank :D
yeah, its base range is silly levels of awful and it really still competes. Field Choke + Hammer Forged and it's actually competitive... then return to sender extend my reserve ammo by an effective ~40%...

hehe, wish I had video of the universal remote vs. walker on titan

Mindlog

It's kind of weird how cautious they are with changes that could disturb PvP, but they just blow out PvE with shotguns.

I liked 4th Horseman before the ridiculousness. Wonder how long it will take for them to fix the rate of fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom