• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navid

Does anyone have a normal gatekeeper checkpoint I can snag for glimmer farming? I just did upgrades with many more to do but I'm at 800 glimmer now. The glimmer drought is real.

100postperpagemasterrace
Don't got gatekeeper, but can give you the gorgon checkpoint and it's easy to make your way there on your own...

EL CUCO

Thank you Cuco for your help on nf. :) I had just had to pop to orbit and you came at a great time.
Glad I was able to help :)
Yakp7PW.jpg

Agent

Don't got gatekeeper, but can give you the gorgon checkpoint and it's easy to make your way there on your own...

Actually, this made me remember I had a normal gorgon checkpoint so I'm all set. Thanks for the offer, and triggering my memory.

Doing some glimmer farming if anyone wants to join. PSN: phantom8324

nOoblet16

Here's our Crota 2 sword kill

From the beginning if you want to see the initial setup (Titans with Alpha Lupi FTW)
From the start of the interesting stuff

The general rule of thumb I followed for damaging him was,

First shieldbreak: R1-R1-R2, R1-R1-R2, R2
Second shieldbreak: R1-R1-R2, R1-R2-Super cancel (first sword round I messed this up, basically did R1-Super-R2 instead, but it worked out)

However, the most important thing is keeping an eye on his health. Assuming you have tons of time on the sword like we did, you do not want him to enrage after the third sword. You want to get him as close as possible, i.e. ~25%. It doesn't actually matter how much damage you do on the first two swords, as long as he's below 50% by the third sword you're on track to kill by enraging him during the fourth. edit: if he doesn't die, at this point you call for a third shieldbreak- MORE than enough time left on the sword as seen in this video. You want the swordbearer to die in exactly the area he did for us here.

Because you get the super on the second shield break each time, all the damage is backloaded, so you really don't have to worry about the individual amounts per break so much as getting him to the right point on the edge of enrage before your final sword attempt.

Basically, if you do all the damage possible on the first two swords, you can actually get him to the point where you'd just want to "skip" the third shieldbreak (in other words just wait, get the orbs and stay in safety until your super's up) and then finish him on the "fourth" without every having done a third (so three shield breaks total). Otherwise, you may need to do just a couple of R1s, an R2, or whatever it takes on the third shield break- in this case I had a fair bit of damage to go so I went for basically the full combo.

Absolutely, full rooms of juicy targets...

ahahah seriously that was a bit of a handicap. shame, forgot about that detonation move XD

You actually did R1-R1-R2 x2 and R1-Super-R2 (same as R1-R2-super) for the second shield break, however your post said that you only did R1-R1-R2 once in the second shield break. Also the damage you did is equal to eight R2s, it's possible to get there even without a super and just do eight R2s, but even with super you can just slam three R2s the first shield break and R2-R2-R2-Super for the second and you'll get him down to roughly the same health (or four R2s the first break and 2 R2s for the second and a super).

You can also get three shield breaks in the first sword itself and do 70% damage and get him down in the next two sheilf breaks :p
There are several ways to do it and none is the "right" way, just what suits your style. I just like to play it safe and do it in three swords because everyone knows how to deal with shrek now.

^Two sword Scrota is easiest with 3 breaks on the first sword so you don't have to worry about hitting enrage or anything else, just do a normal 2-break second sword. If it's fun for people they should try it but there's no reason to bother if you just want to kill him. Killing Ogres is super simple and 2 swords only shaves a few minutes off the encounter time. People have been doing 2 sword kills as Lv31 since less than a week after normal mode was released. Total HP and damage scaling is exactly the same as a Lv32 for hard now, it's functionally identical. Even the health-enrage doesn't affect anything that the team has to do.

I bought like 400 heavy synth cause I had nothing else to spend them on. Not to mention I havent played destinybor done nighfalls or weeklies in almost a month...

Set any Super Metroid speed run world records while away from Destiny?

You actually did R1-R1-R2 x2 and R1-Super-R2 (same as R1-R2-super) for the second shield break, however your post said that you only did R1-R1-R2 once in the second shield break. Also the damage you did is equal to eight R2s, it's possible to get there even without a super and just do eight R2s, but even with super you can just slam three R2s the first shield break and R2-R2-R2-Super for the second and you'll get him down to roughly the same health (or four R2s the first break and 2 R2s for the second and a super).

You can also get three shield breaks in the first sword itself and do 70% damage and get him down in the next two sheilf breaks :p
There are several ways to do it and none is the "right" way, just what suits your style. I just like to play it safe and do it in three swords because everyone knows how to deal with shrek now.

To your last point, this was about seeing if we could do it in two swords. We planned on wiping if we couldn't do it in two and just starting over until we took him down that way. Sure, three swords is safer, but that wasn't the point.

To your last point, this was about seeing if we could do it in two swords. We planned on wiping if we couldn't do it in two and just starting over until we took him down that way. Sure, three swords is safer, but that wasn't the point.

Yeah if it's fun for people they should definitely give it a go. 2 sword hard kills, 1 sword normal kills, w/e. Goodness knows long-time players like us need to make our own "content" at this point. I'm the asshole who still wants to solo Templar using only the relic to do damage (hard mode is still probably a pipe dream but normal mode is totally do-able).

Looking for 3 for Crota normal at 11am EST (about an hour). PS4 superNESjoe. Mic mandatory.

It's your group and you should totally do whatever you want, but a mic really isn't mandatory for anything in this game as long as they can hear voice comms (unless they are totally new to the fight, then a mic would be very useful). I only mention it because lots of people either can't or don't feel comfortable using a mic but might still be a valuable team member. Of course people making groups can and should set their own stipulations, my post is more just a general PSA than specifically directed at you.

Anyone need to do a weekly? Got 2 of us atm.

PSN: coyquettish

Are you still waiting from earlier? I can hop on now to bust it out, still have 1-2 left to do.

edit: damn you evil Homer, I turned on my PS4 for nothing! haha jk :p

simpsons edit: your avatar isn't even evil Homer iirc but I can't remember the actual context for it....

Yeah if it's fun for people they should definitely give it a go. 2 sword hard kills, 1 sword normal kills, w/e. Goodness knows long-time players like us need to make our own "content" at this point. I'm the asshole who still wants to solo Templar using only the relic to do damage (hard mode is still probably a pipe dream but normal mode is totally do-able).

Hmmm Interesting

Lima

So the daily does indeed give XP for weapons upon completion but only at the lowest difficulty. Working as intended eh?

I just updated that post with another pic. :p

nami pls. wtf. Your luck is crazy and this is coming from someone with 8 hawkmoon drops who also plays with Steroyd and Rawr who both have achieved exotic-Pokedom.

So the daily does indeed give XP for weapons upon completion but only at the lowest difficulty. Working as intended eh?

...seriously? There are so many details like this that are totally screwy, but thanks for the heads up.

Also: they're never going to live down that "WaI" phrase, lol.

coy

Are you still waiting from earlier? I can hop on now to bust it out, still have 1-2 left to do.

edit: damn you evil Homer, I turned on my PS4 for nothing! haha jk :p

simpsons edit: your avatar isn't even evil Homer iirc but I can't remember the actual context for it....
Dammit my bad. We woulda orbited for you. I still have a third to knock out. The rando we had held his own, too. Also, Homer was matchmaking so he played Esteban de la Sexface. That name killed me so I represent it.

Yup. Gotta keep things interesting. We also had a couple inebriated folks in that video (me being one) so that made it extra-hard mode and therefore extra impressive. Ha.

Daemul

I had finally decided to stop being lazy and actually do Eris' urn quest, until I looked up the quest guide and found out what I had to do to complete it....

Welp, maybe next time.

seinfeld-gif.gif

EL CUCO

I never understood why the hardest difficulty didn't, but now it makes perfect sense.
Tighten up Bungie

todd360

I had finally decided to stop being lazy and actually do Eris' urn quest, until I looked up the quest guide and found out what I had to do to complete it....

Welp, maybe next time.

seinfeld-gif.gif

This is one of the great eternal gifs. It never gets old. It always perfectly describes an I'm out situation. Masterful.

Outside the first two phases of CE, the final mission in the quest is probably my favorite content in TDB. All the tedious crap before it, especially Urzok, is annoying but worth doing at least once I'd say.

Ambitious

Regarding my posts about the HotPF from yesterday, I found this on GameFAQs:

Results without the heart of the praxic fire equipped
- 100% discipline (324), no radiant will - 7 grenades
- 100% discipline (324), radiant will perk used - 8 grenades
- 100% discipline (324), no radiant will, gift of the sun (two grenades) equipped - 8 grenades
- 100% discipline (324), radiant will, gift of the sun (two grenades) equipped - 9 grenades* (You almooooost can get a tenth out, by argument with a quicker finger you may actually say ten can get out), however after 25 tries i came to the conclusion 10 came in right after the radiance ended.

Results while wearing the heart of the praxic fire
- 100% discipline (330), no radiant will - 8 grenades
- 100% discipline (330 ), radiant will perk used - 10 grenades
- 100% discipline (330), no radiant will, gift of the sun (two grenades) equipped- 9 grenades
- 100% discipline (330), radiant will, gift of the sun (two grenades) equipped - 11 grenades

This matches my own observations. HotPF gives you one extra grenade per use of Radiance. Disappointing. I'd rather use Sunbreakers or Starfire Protocol.

Regarding my posts about the HotPF from yesterday, I found this on GameFAQs:

This matches my own observations. HotPF gives you one extra grenade per use of Radiance. Disappointing. I'd rather use Sunbreakers or Starfire Protocol.

It's still pretty formidable with Song of Flame. Praxic stacks with it and gives even more reduced cooldowns for allies. It's the best support exotic for Warlocks and one of the best overall.

Spamming grenades with your fireteam!

Greenymac

^Two sword Scrota is easiest with 3 breaks on the first sword so you don't have to worry about hitting enrage or anything else, just do a normal 2-break second sword. If it's fun for people they should try it but there's no reason to bother if you just want to kill him. Killing Ogres is super simple and 2 swords only shaves a few minutes off the encounter time. People have been doing 2 sword kills as Lv31 since less than a week after normal mode was released. Total HP and damage scaling is exactly the same as a Lv32 for hard now, it's functionally identical. Even the health-enrage doesn't affect anything that the team has to do.

Set any Super Metroid speed run world records while away from Destiny?

Lol. No, I havent but trying to work on some backlog before Bloodborne hits and it takes over my life...

Manp

Move to new thread yeah if you want to quote your old posts.
lulz, was wondering why i couldn't find my post :D

reading your post made me check for what i'm missing

Titan:
- Mk. 44 Stand Asides (LOL)

Hunter:
- Achlyophage Symbiote (had the 30 light one but dismantled it when i didn't have an hunter)
- Lucky Raspberry (actually want this one)
- Mask of the Third Man (actually want this one)
- Radiant Dance Machines (LOL)

Warlock:
- Apotheosis Veil
- Claws of Ahamkara

Weapons:
- Hard Light
- Monte Carlo
- Red Death (actually want this one)
- Universal Remote

not bad :|

also have 2xGjallarhorn, 2xThunderlord, 2x 3xDragon's Breath, 3xIcebreaker, 2xTruth, 2xVex and 3xSuros

baby steps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom