• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtCobra

I was using it a bit the other day and would have said "not... that... bad" but it's definitely lost the magic. I get why they do it but I'm also tired of needing to constantly adjust play styles. I like Pulse Rifles okay but they still feel off to me compared to my old favorites. I'll still do PvP with friends but kinda bummed out that so many weapons feel so bland now. Crucible has always been a low-TTK cluster fuck, and it still is, but fewer weapons feel fun to use for me now.
Why I say its bad is because I'm comparing it to other fusion rifles, the Plan C is better, Murmur is better, Plug One is better etc etc. The only benefit the weapon has is the auto fire which doesn't always work and each shot gets weaker.
I've put lots of hours into using the PI in PvP and while the first nerf it got made me disappointed I could definitely understand why they did it.
Before the patch the weapon still had its high impact which in combination with full auto assured me that it was still a worthy exotic for PvP. But now it belongs in the vault alongside the other weapons Bungie has made redundant. The projectile spread is just too noticeable, while in general it hasn't changed that much it was enough to completely kill the PI.

The rest of your post is spot on and thats exactly how I feel about this.

Even in PvE I don't like using pulse rifles. I mean Oversoul Edict is effective, it's just not fun in any way.

I can only use Red Death. Every other pulse rifle feels like Im shooting feathers, even after the buff. My bad juju probably has the coolest perk but it just doesn't have the impact that Red Death has. Same with OE.

Just did my first Weekly Heroic with randoms. Just did my last Weekly Heroic with randoms.

4LVW2fv.gif

Carbonox

Titan 32
Warlock 31
Hunter 30

Slowly but surely getting there. Just did the first bit of the CE Raid on my own with my Hunter to get the arms. Not quite good enough to do the bridge section on my own though (the Swordbearer is a piece of shit). I can kill him but juggling the central pad with making sure he doesn't hide is a bit of a pain. No issue with 2 people though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
compeltely disagree about pocket infinity if anyone cares. the range it could kill from with impunity was ridiculous before.

Hiko

Banned
Shotguns have completely changed the way I play strikes now. I used to run sniper rifles all the time for higher level mobs with shields, but now I always have a shotty at my side. My main is probably going to be a Hide and Seek with hammer forged and shot package. Shit is powerful and accurate. And If I really want to tear something apart in a fraction of a second, I use Invective. That thing is a straight up animal.

These weapons are so OP now that I find the element you roll on a shotgun doesn't even matter. No matter what color shield, you will break through it after the first shot. Just did the dust palace strike and the other two guys were also using shotguns. It was a massacre to put it lightly. I've never seen those flayers go down so fast. And I've run that strike before with someone using Gjallarhorn.

Bungie seriously needs more of these PvE weapon buff updates. Stop with the nerfs. Nobody likes that.

Boylamite

Finally hit level 32 on all my characters. Feeling great to have a Titan, Warlock, and Hunter that are all 32.

Just got there myself last week! Still need the raid chest on my hunter though, so in the meantime I have to rock Alpha Lupi, which I guess is nice for the crystal room.

Anyone doing Crota HM? I need to finish it on one last character.
Edit: Just Crota (not fresh)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shotguns have completely changed the way I play strikes now. I used to run sniper rifles all the time for higher level mobs with shields, but now I always have a shotty at my side. My main is probably going to be a Hide and Seek with hammer forged and shot package. Shit is powerful and accurate. And If I really want to tear something apart in a fraction of a second, I use Invective. That thing is a straight up animal.

These weapons are so OP now that I find the element you roll on a shotgun doesn't even matter. No matter what color shield, you will break through it after the first shot.
If you do match the shields, a ton of one-shot/two-shot scenarios arrive, it's magical.
Bungie seriously needs more of these PvE weapon buff updates. Stop with the nerfs. Nobody likes that.
I ought to ask, what weapon class you feel requires this treatment. ARs need a modest buff... I can't imagine much of anything else to this extent not, you know, trivializing the entire game in PVE :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just did my first Weekly Heroic with randoms. Just did my last Weekly Heroic with randoms.

4LVW2fv.gif

I couldn't agree more. What a horrible experience.
Watching idiots try to run through the strike without killing anyone and leaving me stranded with a room full of angry cabal with "light switch" perk on. Not fun.

I have also never seen anyone ever just leave the enemies at the part with the three lieutenants while they started shooting at the tank. Freaking colossus, Psions and crew all still shooting at me while my fireteam is perched up top shooting at the tank.
It felt awesome when both morons died from shots from behind. I stood there looking at their revive orbs, waved and shot a rocket at the ground to end the torture.

CLBridges

These weapons are so OP now that I find the element you roll on a shotgun doesn't even matter. No matter what color shield, you will break through it after the first shot. Just did the dust palace strike and the other two guys were also using shotguns. It was a massacre to put it lightly. I've never seen those flayers go down so fast. And I've run that strike before with someone using Gjallarhorn.

Oh yeah, I'm loving shotguns currently, feels good to two shot those ultras/majors during strikes etc. I'm calling it now, the first group to beat the House of Wolves raid are gonna all be packing shotguns and Universal Remotes lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have also never seen anyone ever just leave the enemies at the part with the three lieutenants while they started shooting at the tank. Freaking colossus, Psions and crew all still shooting at me while my fireteam is perched up top shooting at the tank.
It felt awesome when both morons died from shots from behind. I stood there looking at their revive orbs, waved and shot a rocket at the ground to end the torture.
holy... shit.

edit:
...okay, bring on inferno plz. >_<

If you do match the shields, a ton of one-shot/two-shot scenarios arrive, it's magical.

I ought to ask, what weapon class you feel requires this treatment. ARs need a modest buff... I can't imagine much of anything else to this extent not, you know, trivializing the entire game in PVE :p

I don't feel like ARs even need a buff, just slower RoF, higher impact like Shadow Price was. Then I think they'd be ok.

In other words, stop with the bullet hoses.

High impact auto rifles, like my beloved Vanquisher, were nerfed the most. That's what I'm saying.

Yeah I love my vanquisher too and it just hurts

I don't know if others would agree but hand cannons just feel kind of broken now. It's weird. Maybe cause I'm used to them being so good. They just feel off and unreliable now

Agent

Spending some time on the glimmer farm. Fireteam is set to public for anyone that wants to join in. I have 174 glimmer so I'll be here for a bit. PSN: phantom8324

Navid

I couldn't agree more. What a horrible experience.
Watching idiots try to run through the strike without killing anyone and leaving me stranded with a room full of angry cabal with "light switch" perk on. Not fun.

When doing the Cerberus Vae strike on nightfall/weekly with friends we always run/drive through the first room filled with enemies even if there is a light-switch modifier... but yeah we do clean up the enemies before taking on the Tank, in fact think that is the only part of that strike where we actually fight the enemies outside of the boss room.

On a different note, anyone else need/interested in getting a 3x Atheon group together..?

someday

Banned

4LVW2fv.gif

uhm i must have had the best luck ever. i got 3 matchmade weekly heroics done in less than half an hour with no issues :|
I did a level 30 weekly with randoms and it was great. Obviously not every group is going to work out but for some of us, this is a great addition. We revived each other safely, killed the necessary guys, and focused fire on Valus to get it over as quick as possible, all without talking.

Sometimes I just don't want to have to post on gaf for a group to do this stuff and I'm not in a pre-made raid or nightfall group here like so many others. Hell, I think Nightfalls could work this way as well, as long as we go into it realizing that it may just not work out the way we want.

So I've been playing around with the Pulse a Rifles I have levelled since the patch and t seems that Three Little Words does more damage than Oversoul Edict

I'm liking TLW a lot more too. The high impact and full auto roll with increased stability makes it fantastic.

Mindlog

I don't want to say armor piercing is completely useless in PVP but I haven't been able to shoot through anything yet. Have they specified exactly what types of materials we can shoot through?
I've also been using a baby blue with AP.
It still shoots through very thin materials, but not all very thin materials.

The lack of consistancy drives me nuts. I basically have to shoot through everything in every level in order to know what can and can't be pierced.

Thin cover on B - Shores of Time. Can be pierced.
Thin cover on B/C - Twilight Gap. Can not be pierced.

I don't understand why it's so hard for team Bungie to come out and be clear with it.

This is what Mass Effect Multiplayer has to say on the subject of Armor Piercing.
Eric Fangan said:
Weapon Penetration and Armor Piercing

The penetration mechanic (going through walls) has no impact by itself on the amount of damage a weapon does against armored enemies (the yellow health bar). The Javelin, for example, has a penetration value of 100 = 1 meter so it can penetrate through a total of 1 meter of solid objects but it doesn't do extra damage to the yellow armor health bar. The Javelin will, however, penetrate through other solid objects like the detachable armor plating on the Brutes, Husks, and Cannibals, and the Guardian shield. Whenever a weapon hits a target after going through a solid object, the amount of damage done is reduced by a flat amount.

The weapon mods, equipment (MP), and Armor Piercing Ammo can all increase the distance that weapons can penetrate through solid objects. So if you add a penetration mod on the Javelin, the penetration distance gets even larger, but that won't increase the damage done to enemies after penetrating through objects.

The penetration mods and Armor Piercing Ammo have another mechanic called 'piercing' which affects the damage done to armored targets. By default, enemies with the yellow armor bar will chop off a set amount of damage done to them from weapons. This makes low damage weapons less effective against armor and high damage weapons very effective against them. So even if a weapon has a really fast fire rate but each bullet does a low amount of damage it will get penalized for hitting armor since a big chunk of every bullet's damage is ignored. When equipping penetration mods and using Armor Piercing Ammo, the weapon's "armor piercing" goes up, which means a lot less damage is cut off. For example, equipping rank 1 Armor Piercing Ammo will reduce the amount of damage that armor cuts off by 50%. By default, weapons do not have any base armor "piercing."

Armor can never negate weapon damage completely. There is a minimum damage value that weapons will always do to armor.
The exact distance value for every weapon and modifier has been made available. All this information released for a small co-op horde mode. I really hope the ME4 team is as communicative. The ME3MP team set a really high bar for such a small project.
So I've been playing around with the Pulse a Rifles I have levelled since the patch and t seems that Three Little Words does more damage than Oversoul Edict

I'm liking TLW a lot more too. The high impact and full auto roll with increased stability makes it fantastic.
I bought the vendor version and so far I agree. Can't wait to take it out into PvP.

It was a lot better pre patch

I've also been using a baby blue with AP.
It still shoots through very thin materials, but not all very thing materials.

The lack of consistancy drives me nuts. I basically have to shoot through everything in every level in order to know what can and can't be pierced.

Thin cover on B - Shores of Time. Can be pierced.
Thin cover on B/C - Twilight Gap. Can not be pierced.

I don't understand why it's so hard for team Bungie to come out and be clear with it.

This is what Mass Effect Multiplayer has to say on the subject of Armor Piercing.

The exact distance value for every weapon and modifier has been made available. All this information released for a small co-op horde mode. I really hope the ME4 team is as communicative. The ME3MP team set a really high bar for such a small project.

Yes exactly. It's the lack of consistency that drives me nuts also. I'm having the same issue with hand cannons. I just don't understand what they did to them exactly. One time I'll get a crit, next time it won't register at all. They just seem so inconsistent now. It's really distracting, especially in PVP and I just lose confidence

ethomaz

Banned
I did the Hydra grind.

Start: 61
End: 102

Fucking slow... took me 1 hour to ~40 Hydra.

It will take an eternity to 250 :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I love my vanquisher too and it just hurts

I don't know if others would agree but hand cannons just feel kind of broken now. It's weird. Maybe cause I'm used to them being so good. They just feel off and unreliable now
I do disagree, they're just not as... ubiquitous. I can actually hit at all the ranges I could before, I just can't crit from those ranges, which should be scout rifles' bailiwick.

It stings feeling my mini-sniper power taken away but it was really pretty extreme. Hawkmoon is still monstrous and I guess I'm going against the grain on TLW, you have to be more deliberate with it, but I usually played that way anyway, and close range I almost always used hip fire before and it still feels damn good... mine doesn't even have the named perk unlocked :p

I do disagree, they're just not as... ubiquitous. I can actually hit at all the ranges I could before, I just can't crit from those ranges, which should be scout rifles' bailiwick.

It stings feeling my mini-sniper power taken away but it was really pretty extreme. Hawkmoon is still monstrous and I guess I'm going against the grain on TLW, you have to be more deliberate with it, but I usually played that way anyway, and close range I almost always used hip fire before and it still feels damn good... mine doesn't even have the named perk unlocked :p

Maybe it'll take some getting used to. unfortunately I never use hip fire with TLW because I usually experience a lot of lag in PVP since I play with a full fire team and hip fire almost never works. During iron banner I just resorted to using my Up For anything due to the severe lag

TBH the tank is not suppose to come out until you clear all the adds right? Today same thing happened when we were clearing the last 3 majors, and the tank dropped. We thought it was just lag or some glitch acting up. Either that or they changed the encounter to make it harder for people using BH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom