• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the Hydra grind.

Start: 61
End: 102

Fucking slow... took me 1 hour to ~40 Hydra.

It will take an eternity to 250 :(

I'm at 220. Doing normal black garden mission, towards the end before you enter the final boss area there's a non major hydra. Kill it and commit suicide. It's pretty quick but it still takes forever. I've been stuck at 220 for a long time since most of the hydras I kill are majors and those don't count I guess

coy

Ok, I'm definitely buying Three Little Words. It's the king of pulse rifles, atm.
I have one with Spray & Play/Third Eye with Perfect Balance/Hammer Forged/Speed Reload. I used it on occasion during PvP previously but it has been getting extensive use since the patch. If I'm not using Red Death, 3LW is on.

Third eye and extra precision damage after body shot. Perfect for PvP.

No fucking way. I'm literally logging in now to buy it.

Edit: damn you. I hadn't touched destiny all day... Look what yove made me do.

Remind me again the quickest way to level up weapons besides bounties?

GhaleonEB

Ran the daily testing out shotguns on both my characters. Totally viable on the smaller quarters mission, and very fun to have a new way to play the encounter.

I hope to hell they're not subsequently nerfed.

Deku Tree

You know you have a Destiny problem when you spend your down time contemplating whether or not you should grind your grimoire score.

Three Little Words is good because: high impact, high impact, high impact.... always go with high impact. ARs don't really count at this point.

compeltely disagree about pocket infinity if anyone cares. the range it could kill from with impunity was ridiculous before.

That's what I've always said about PI: it was completely broken, kill range was absurd because the exotic perk fed into its supposed lower range (miss more shots farther away meant you fired more shots and could still kill by sheer quantity). This was the "magic" and also why I understand the nerf-need.

I guess the only disagreement is about Bungie spending their time nerfing when (1) I'd rather have fun weapons to use given the severely limited PvP modes, and (2) PI has been seriously glitched for a long time.

EL CUCO

I have one with Spray & Play/Third Eye with Perfect Balance/Hammer Forged/Speed Reload. I used it on occasion during PvP previously but it has been getting extensive use since the patch. If I'm not using Red Death, 3LW is on.
Nice. Red death's healing perk is great but 3LW is an all around better PR.
No fucking way. I'm literally logging in now to buy it.

Edit: damn you. I hadn't touched destiny all day... Look what yove made me do.

Remind me again the quickest way to level up weapons besides bounties?
nFSebim.gif

I feel like an idiot for sharding both Three Little Words...

It was a few days before the patch, didn't know pulss were going to be this good!

ethomaz

Banned
I'm at 220. Doing normal black garden mission, towards the end before you enter the final boss area there's a non major hydra. Kill it and commit suicide. It's pretty quick but it still takes forever. I've been stuck at 220 for a long time since most of the hydras I kill are majors and those don't count I guess
Ohhhhhh it is a better place than mine... I was camping in the Black Garden entrance at Mars... one each 30-40 seconds.

Ohhhhhh ir is a better place than mine... I was camping in the Black Garden entrance at Mars... one each 30-40 seconds.

This might be quicker if you wipe quick enough. I just killed like 10 of them. I get close before killing them so that I can walk into their explosion after they die. Good thing is it's consistent because it reappears after every wipe

Good thing I didn't dismantle my 3LW. Sitting alone in my vault and I think it has good perks.

tier 1:
Headseeker

tier 2:
Single Point Sling
High Caliber Rounds
Perfect Balance

tier 3:
Glass Half Full

I guess its time to upgrade this baby.

Frenden

Banned
Thunderlord is considered good, right?

My no-heavy exotic drop curse finally ended about 600 hours in. (Every other heavy I have was xur'd.) GJALLARHORN, YOU'RE NEXT.

ethomaz

Banned

My no-heavy exotic drop curse finally ended about 600 hours in. (Every other heavy I have was xur'd.) GJALLARHORN, YOU'RE NEXT.
For me the it is the Gjallahorn of the machine guns.

It is fucking good.

coy

Better than good, in fact. It demolishes during arc burns and it's a top tier PvP weapon. It also looks and sounds superb. Have fun!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's what I've always said about PI: it was completely broken, kill range was absurd because the exotic perk fed into its supposed lower range (miss more shots farther away meant you fired more shots and could still kill by sheer quantity). This was the "magic" and also why I understand the nerf-need.

I guess the only disagreement is about Bungie spending their time nerfing when (1) I'd rather have fun weapons to use given the severely limited PvP modes, and (2) PI has been seriously glitched for a long time.
I was calling it broken back when I first maxed it out.... but it still feels magic to me!
lots of felwinter's lies, monster Judgment IVs, hawkmoons and vexes in my wake this afternoon. As far as seriously glitched, you mean the full auto breaking and having to switch weapons and back? That actually hasn't happened to me once since the patch, which I'm sure is a coincidence. but of course, it blows if it does and you need to enter your inventory. Bungie certainly didn't target pocket infinity in particular for a nerf however.

it remains a beastly creation, a worthy use of your exotic and I don't feel the change to it as a result of the fusion rifle cone nerf was remotely uncalled for. the range on fusion rifles is still good, it's just not extreme anymore, which is coincidentally how I feel about HCs too. I even had a halfway decent match with PI on Skyshock with clash randoms:

To other fans who may have been put off by that "stick it in the vault" business or are interested in getting into using PI, remember:

-Special Weapon Reload speed is an absolute build-maker, I would describe it as completely necessary. My PI build relies on Young Ahamkara's Spine for this but there are many options.
-Perfect Balance perfectbalanceperfectbalanceperfectbalance. Extended Battery is a complete red herring.
-Hip fire while cooking/charging for the most part, or up close for the full blast. It's completely viable.
-Fear nothing. The sound of cooking PI will give you away around corners and doors. You want it to. There's nothing you can't kill with a 3-blast: Arc Blade BDs, Radiant Skin Sunsingers, Force Barrier Defenders, etc.
-The second shot of the blast is the most important. The second is still enough to one-shot even if the first completely whiffs, so unlike every other fusion it's far superior to fire a little early when you have eyes on target and miss your first shot than the opposite.

Thank you guys for bringing it up and giving me a reason to play around with it again, in all the shotgun excitement I hadn't touched it in a while and it's nice to be reminded just how much I love it. Remains my overall second favorite weapon in the game.

Frenden

Banned
For me the it is the Gjallahorn of the machine guns.

It is fucking good.

That's... super duper exciting. I love machineguns and tend to run the lower rate of fire, higher impact, Jolder's-esque guns instead of launchers.

I remember folks talking it up, but I didn't realize it was so revered.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
thunderlord on the other hand is the literal #1 weapon in PvP full stop. hasn't been touched since launch either.

CREMSteve

That's... super duper exciting. I love machineguns and tend to run the lower rate of fire, higher impact, Jolder's-esque guns instead of launchers.

It's an absolute beast. It looks and sounds amazing. You can use it as a long range rifle too, it's deadly. Once you get Lightning Rounds, enjoy the show.

That said, it's not OP because it has a ton of recoil, so you equip Perfect Balance, which gives you a stable shot but leave you with a very small ammo clip. Make the clip bigger and you gotta deal with the recoil.

Good balance overall, my favourite machine gun.

someday

Banned

I did a Summoning Pits nightfall a few weeks ago with gaffers. We had at least 2 Thunderlords, maybe 3, and took down the boss in literally seconds. It is a wonderful weapon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I did a Summoning Pits nightfall a few weeks ago with gaffers. We had at least 2 Thunderlords, maybe 3, and took down the boss in literally seconds. It is a wonderful weapon.
during Arc burns i'm pretty sure I see Hive wetting themselves if I carry it.

So what's the best site to see what Xur brought for christmas? I'm giving special attention to my girlfriend right now, but I might be able to check him out during the morning time. Also is it evil to have gotten a gjallerhorn like 2 weeks ago and still not having it maxed out? I'm kind of embarassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom