• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a damn good Destiny week!

Heavy ammo fixed
Pulse Rifles being useful
Shotguns being useful in PvE
Amazing convenience brought from the new companion app inventory options

Then I also maxed out a shit tonne of stuff!
-Skull of Dire Amarakra
-Don't Touch Me
-Apothesis Veil
-Swordbreaker
-Secret Handshake
-Three Little Words
-Bad Juju
-Oversoul Edict
-Hunter CE Helmet (finally got it this week)
-Warlock CE Chest Piece (better roll)

Plus I got the Arachnid helmet from Xur and then the Skull from one of the two engrams I bought to complete the exotic armour collection for all classes.

Huzzah!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I ran some roc strikes with pals while using Universal and a second shotgun and it was glorious. The shotgun buff makes majors a blast to fight.
I think knights are my favorite. I'll let you know if I get sick of one-shotting boomers when they put their shield up but I don't see it happening.

I've settled on how to split up my shotties between my characters, gives them all some fun options...

Hunter:
4th Horseman (Arc)
Vendor Two to the Morgue (Void)

Warlock (my original main shotgunner):
Invective (Solar)
Swordbreaker (Void)
Found Verdict* (Arc)

Titan:
Universal Remote (kinetic, Primary)
Vendor Secret Handshake (Arc)
Comedian* (Solar, Full Auto, Shot Package)

The difference between 300 and 331 weapons is really not that substantial :X

shit is ridiculous. I wouldn't have considered leveling any shotguns for PvE purposes before the patch, now I have multiples per character I'm putting at the top of my list. so good. It's also made me re-appreciate fusion rifles (which I'd always loved) when switching back to them for fun, cause I'd come to rely on them so much of the time

Deku Tree

The difference between 300 and 331 weapons is really not that substantial :X

yQp0Rup.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol

I'd love to get in an HM Crota kill on my 31 Warlock in the next couple of hours if anyone is willing. I can't run sword on him obviously but I just bought him that LDR and i'm furiously leveling it to take that swordbearer out behind his hidey rock.

Anyone in? Say 1 hr from now?

lol

I'd love to get in an HM Crota kill on my 31 Warlock in the next couple of hours if anyone is willing. I can't run sword on him obviously but I just bought him that LDR and i'm furiously leveling it to take that swordbearer out behind his hidey rock.

Me. I have a 32 Warlock and Hunter that needs to run it.

I ran through the daily today with my bladedancer with Don't Touch Me, Red Death, and Swordbreaker equipped, and it may be my new favorite build. it's just an absolute close range killing machine with invisibility, increased reload speed on special weapons, health regen, and constant supers.

SonComet

lol

I need it on my 32 titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh hey... I never upgraded my Praxic Fire. Might as well scrap it for the new one I suppose. :) Where is Xur anyway? Need that arachnid nonsense too for my collection.
Me. I have a 32 Warlock and Hunter that needs to run it.
I need it on my 32 titan.
sweet! 3 more.
I ran through the daily today with my bladedancer with Don't Touch Me, Red Death, and Swordbreaker equipped, and it may be my new favorite build. it's just an absolute close range killing machine with invisibility, increased reload speed on special weapons, health regen, and constant supers.
I like you

Steroyd

It's been a damn good Destiny week!

Heavy ammo fixed
Pulse Rifles being useful
Shotguns being useful in PvE
Amazing convenience brought from the new companion app inventory options

I'm waiting for the but, the last time Bungie did a patch that gained nothing but goodwill there was a but.

Frenden

Banned
I have a maxed Arachnid (helmet engram from a while back) and the exotic zoom perk kinda sucks (it's more disorienting than helpful imo).

It looks cool and I needed it for my collection, but it's maybe my least favorite class exotic.

Oh hey... I never upgraded my Praxic Fire. Might as well scrap it for the new one I suppose. :) Where is Xur anyway? Need that arachnid nonsense too for my collection.

sweet! 3 more.

I like you

Yeah. I've been rolling with a similar loadout. 3LW/Red Death, Secret Handshake, and Thunderlord/HoC

Edit: obviously I meant I've been rolling don't touch me and blade dancer as well.

TheOddOne

I have a maxed Arachnid (helmet engram from a while back) and the exotic zoom perk kinda sucks (it's more disorienting than helpful imo).

It looks cool and I needed it for my collection, but it's maybe my least favorite class exotic.
Kind of dig the scoped look, but yeah it's not that useful.

lol

Yessir

_Legacy_

Got my Thunderlord today in only my second exotic decrypt from a legendary engram.

Cannot wait to max it out and tear some new holes in PVP.

tick221

lol

I'm interested and have the CP if needed

NastyBook

I guess I'll try tog get some Raids in tonight if anybody is going to do a few. It's been great just popping into this game to run a few Public Events every other day, then play again seriously when there isn't a super bullshit Nightfall to worry about. I beat the Order during this time, and made some serious headway into Shadow of Mordor (game is so fun). Thank you, Bungie, for helping me get more time to game elsewhere during your shitty ass, no burn having Nightfall weeks.

I guess I'll try tog get some Raids in tonight if anybody is going to do a few. It's been great just popping into this game to run a few Public Events every other day, then play again seriously when there isn't a super bullshit Nightfall to worry about. I beat the Order during this time, and made some serious headway into Shadow of Mordor (game is so fun). Thank you, Bungie, for helping me get more time to game elsewhere during your shitty ass, no burn having Nightfall weeks.

This weeks nightfall is pretty easy...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, what's everyone's choice of Shotgun and Pulse Rifle now?
truly, there are a plethora of options for both, i'm pretty stunned. there's a ton of room for personal preference, especially on the shotgun side. three little words and oversoul edict on the legendary front for pulses, and red death and bad juju both excellent for exotics.

MildSoss

I'm drunk so I will say...

Machine gun >>> Rocket Launchers in PVP

So much fun.

Before the latest patch hit i would of disagreed as it was easy to farm HMGers with a well used Truth, including TL users. But after the patch, field scout and the huge mag make it more viable to use since you can go on huge kill streaks if you play your cards right.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that's 6

hawk
moris
crash
riot
comet
toast
This group, let's get going around 6:45 (25 mins)?

Who can sword it up for us?
Before the latest patch hit i would of disagreed as it was easy to farm HMGers with a well used Truth, including TL users. But after the patch, field scout and the huge mag make it more viable to use since you can go on huge kill streaks if you play your cards right.
Except for Control, I felt this way before the patch. Let the heavy ammo hit the ground but don't pick it up, let all the rockets exhaust themselves, profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom