• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradach

Small but perfectaly formed fireteam (3) looking for similar sized fireteam for normal CE. We have deathsinger CP.

Someone who knows what their doing would be great. We've only done it once. We follow orders like champs

Anyone else really enjoying the weekly matchmaking? It used to be ROC strikes were the highest level matchmade and it got boring after a while. I actually did all three weeklies this week because of it.

I hope it's implemented for the nightfall at some point. I'd rather play with random people who may or may not be useful instead of just not doing it solo.

NastyBook

This weeks nightfall is pretty easy...
I never mentioned anything about difficulty. I did Omnigul last week on all three characters for the NF and the Weeklies. Both Valus and Omnigul NFs prove to be the most time consuming. Coupled with the fact that NFs have been giving out hot shit for rewards as of late, my decision to not play the game much during no-burn NFs has been great for me.
So, what's everyone's choice of Shotgun and Pulse Rifle now?
I've been on the Secret Handshake train ever since somebody posted up a video where a guy did a range test on his buddy on the Anomaly map. As far as Pulse Rifles, I've been enjoying the Three Little Words I got about a month or so back from a NF that I didn't scrap because it had decent impact. Haven't used it yet post buff, so I should be in for a treat.

Anyone else really enjoying the weekly matchmaking? It used to be ROC strikes were the highest level matchmade and it got boring after a while. I actually did all three weeklies this week because of it.

I hope it's implemented for the nightfall at some point. I'd rather play with random people who may or may not be useful instead of just not doing it solo.

I tried about 6 times to do the weekly with my 28, one click away from 29 Warlock. 4 of those times, at least one guy went to orbit immediately. The other 2, one made it to the tank and dropped, and in the other, I don't even know what both guys were doing. They had no idea apparently, weren't chatting, weren't following me, etc. Like, not even making it into the initial tunnel levels of not knowing what to do. Gave up.

Good news... I guess... is no AFK'er yet! Haha

ocean

Banned
I hope Daily Heroic missiona get matchmaking. They're a great way to stock up on planetary materials without spending Marks. 16 mats for a mission seems very fair, but some missions at level 30 are a little long if running solo.

ocean

Banned
What's up with the rise of shotgunners in Crucible? It's infuriating.
Fusion Rifles got nerfed and shotties are filling that void. They're annoying but at least they need to get real close and personal to kill in one hit, unlike pre patch fusion rifles.

I was calling it broken back when I first maxed it out.... but it still feels magic to me! ... Bungie certainly didn't target pocket infinity in particular for a nerf however...I don't feel the change to it as a result of the fusion rifle cone nerf was remotely uncalled for.

I'm not sure what "back when" has to do with it, and I never claimed PI was targeted in any way, but the nerf does uniquely affect PI's exotic perk relative to the "magic" property I described earlier with its crazy wall of death range. I've said a few times now how the nerf was completely understandable, so I guess I don't see where our "complete disagreement" lies. Probably just the same min/max vs. fun/effective mindsets that causes any of our misunderstandings. Bottom line: it's a cool weapon, people should use it.

The broken auto fire glitch happens to me fairly often, before and after patch. At least a few times per play session, or once every couple matches. Not sure what the root cause is but obviously means you can die when you shouldn't, lose time in menus and all your special ammo to fix it, etc.

Shotguns just got buffed in the last patch. Better grab a Secret Handshake from the Vanugard Vendor and fight fire with fire.

Only buffed for PvE, they were actually nerfed for PvP. Shotties have always been a ubiquitous and potentially dominating force in Crucible. (edit: also like ocean said FRs got nerfed)

NastyBook

Only buffed for PvE, they were actually nerfed for PvP. Shotties have always been a ubiquitous and potentially dominating force in Crucible. (edit: also like ocean said FRs got nerfed)
Ahh, then those players are probably misunderstanding the buff the same way I just did.

I would still grab that Secret Handshake, though.

Yes, sure you can.
Dropping off my G-Horn for my Lock, then I'll be ready.

TheOddOne

Fusion Rifles got nerfed and shotties are filling that void. They're annoying but at least they need to get real close and personal to kill in one hit, unlike pre patch fusion rifles.

starting with less ammo did absolutely nothing

Shotguns just got buffed in the last patch. Better grab a Secret Handshake from the Vanugard Vendor and fight fire with fire.

Probably an upsurge now thay fusion rifles can't snipe from distance, shotgunners have always been in bulk and annoying.
Thanks, Bungle.

You've created even more monsters.

experimented today in Crucible; i learned

-Blink is fucking fun to use (and OP)
-I suck with No Land Beyond
-Plan C is easy mode
-Stranger's Rifle secret best gun in the game
-Red Death is the Anti-Thorn
-Mythoclast still outDPS's my Thunderlord
-Mida Multi Tool walk speed is same as normal sprint speed
-Moving weapons to and from the vault while in Crucible
banderas.png

SgtCobra

compeltely disagree about pocket infinity if anyone cares. the range it could kill from with impunity was ridiculous before.
Completely? That's a lot :p
The PI has turned into a mediocre fusion rifle with auto fire.
The range wasn't that ridiculous when you take into account it's the the slowest charging fusion rifle in the whole game, just back down and don't get too close.
The very high risk good reward weapon it has turned to has completely destroyed my PvP PI playstyle I had since November 2014.
I will play with it again tomorrow and see if I can take my words back because I really want to agree with you and to like the weapon again, it was my second exotic T_T

So what's the best site to see what Xur brought for christmas? I'm giving special attention to my girlfriend right now, but I might be able to check him out during the morning time. Also is it evil to have gotten a gjallerhorn like 2 weeks ago and still not having it maxed out? I'm kind of embarassed.

Ok, I know there's a cool website that just shows his inventory screen basically and I think is interactive enough to display the actual stats for items, or something. But I can't find it for the life of me. Of course googling "destiny xur" is pretty effective, haha. Or just you know, read the thread *cough cough*

Also: yes you should be embarrassed about GHorn. I was so excited for you to get it and now I feel like a fool ;_: Think of all the stuff you could have solo'ed by now....

I would still grab that Secret Handshake, though..

haha yeah for sure, SH is a good one. The issue is that SH has low impact and it's main appeal was the range from Hammer Forged + Shot Package, but the shotty nerf was to the range. Still very effective in PvP and lots of fun in PvE now too, definitely worth a purchase especially since there's only one vendor that takes Vanguard marks anyway....

autos were fine pre patch. bungie's been nerfing them since the alpha; people have grown used to them for that long so i don't see what was wrong with them being the "most used" weapon. they weren't the best after the scout rifle patch and simply introducing other bounties would have limited their use. iron banner had the auto rifle bounty since the beta.

autos were fine pre patch. bungie's been nerfing them since the alpha; people have grown used to them for that long so i don't see what was wrong with them being the "most used" weapon. they weren't the best after the scout rifle patch and simply introducing other bounties would have limited their use. iron banner had the auto rifle bounty since the beta.
For real. I haven't gotten used to TLW yet. Feels like the Thorn/TLW debate is clearly in favor of Thorn now that you can't even really use fan fire outside of shotgun range.

RetroMG

Interesting thing I just learned while waiting for a public event in the Divide. If a bladedancer using the stalker perk crouches and then sits, he will go in and out of stealth while sitting.

Completely useless, but I noticed it while doing homework and waiting for the event.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Interesting thing I just learned while waiting for a public event in the Divide. If a bladedancer using the stalker perk crouches and then sits, he will go in and out of stealth while sitting.

Completely useless, but I noticed it while doing homework and waiting for the event.
time to try it while dancing.

For real. I haven't gotten used to TLW yet. Feels like the Thorn/TLW debate is clearly in favor of Thorn now that you can't even really use fan fire outside of shotgun range.

yea it's fucked up. TLW has to be paced now and by then the Thorn has already killed you with DoT. TLW vs Hawkmoon is actually a closer fight now until aces procs.

Thorn sucks in CQB though so the patch basically killed an entire niche of hand cannon combat.

Works for any gesture (especially fun with dancing) and even for hopping on your sparrow. Basically when you are crouched the game still thinks you are crouched even when you do some of that other stuff. Definitely pretty amusing... I always do the crouch-dance-invis when cheesing the bridge phase.

ocean

Banned
Ok, I know there's a cool website that just shows his inventory screen basically and I think is interactive enough to display the actual stats for items, or something. But I can't find it for the life of me. Of course googling "destiny xur" is pretty effective, haha. Or just you know, read the thread *cough cough*

Also: yes you should be embarrassed about GHorn. I was so excited for you to get it and now I feel like a fool ;_: Think of all the stuff you could have solo'ed by now....

haha yeah for sure, SH is a good one. The issue is that SH has low impact and it's main appeal was the range from Hammer Forged + Shot Package, but the shotty nerf was to the range. Still very effective in PvP and lots of fun in PvE now too, definitely worth a purchase especially since there's only one vendor that takes Vanguard marks anyway....
I maxed mine. After my epic HM Crota at level 30, that based drop deserved fast track leveling. So good, so so good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

xurday.com

yea it's fucked up. TLW has to be paced now and by then the Thorn has already killed you with DoT. TLW vs Hawkmoon is actually a closer fight now until aces procs.

Thorn sucks in CQB though so the patch basically killed an entire niche of hand cannon combat.
Yeah, TBH I'm kinda bitter. They could have buffed pulse rifles still and not touched HCs and everything would have been fine, TLW was the best, or at the very least one of the best PVP guns prepatch but only if someone knew what they where doing.

Now it's matched or outclassed by the easier to use PRs like Red Death or Three Little Words. I don't get it.

NastyBook

Yeah, why the hell aren't there more bounties for different weapons? It would encourage players to go across the board if Bungie simply gave the right incentive. Did they have this problem in Halo MP?

Yeah, TBH I'm kinda bitter. They could have buffed pulse rifles still and not touched HCs and everything would have been fine, TLW was the best, or at the very least one of the best PVP guns prepatch but only if someone knew what they where doing.

Now it's matched or outclassed by the easier to use PRs like Red Death or Three Little Words. I don't get it.

i'm bitter too but i haven't really started complaining because i doubt they're going to go back on patches like they did with the mythoclast.

i'm more upset at the fact the thorn was buffed in the first place because i feel like it's entirely responsible for this hand cannon patch. full teams were running that shit in iron banner and it was cheap.

some of us had the foresight way back and mentioned that the thorn only needed a reload buff. the range, accuracy and DoT were balanced by its low mag; once that changed, it became a sniper.

admittedly, i'm more bothered by the hawkmoon as far as "hand cannon sniping" goes, but the RoF and stability on it at least let other weapons compete.

destiny's too big of a game for forum communites like GAF or reddit to make much of a difference, but i hope more people can convince them to reverse some aspects of this patch. range was never TLW's strong suit; it's the initial accuracy gate that's killing it.

Yeah, why the hell aren't there more bounties for different weapons? It would encourage players to go across the board if Bungie simply gave the right incentive. Did they have this problem in Halo MP?

well halo reach had daily challenges (with way more variety than destiny's bounties), but i don't remember anything so weapon specific to signficantly alter playing styles. and you mostly only change special abilities in that game as opposed to weapons.

i haven't seen hand cannon bounties in destiny since the alpha/beta

hadar

Any must have Vanguard weapon, got a commendation laying around?

The only type i don't have right now is an AR and a PR, but the vanguard ones seem to have too little impact :(

Mindlog

What's up with the rise of shotgunners in Crucible? It's infuriating.
That Anomoly map is particularly shotgun infested.
First time with 3LW on a map I was familiar with.
Corrective Measure also contributed. I did miss Red Death's healing when in a crowd, but so far I'm definitely enjoying 3LW as much as any other Pulse Rifle I've used in Crucible.

TLW was one of the few weapons that had a really pronounced balance between effectiveness and ease of use. I hope it gets a custom buff.
i'm more upset at the fact the thorn was buffed in the first place because i feel like it's entirely responsible for this hand cannon patch. full teams were running that shit in iron banner and it was cheap.

some of us had the foresight way back and mentioned that the thorn only needed a reload buff. the range, accuracy and DoT were balanced by its low mag; once that changed, it became a sniper.
Agreed. This goes back to PvE and PvP being tied together. Thorn was pretty bad for an exotic in PvE, but most of us thought it was already strong in PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom