• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

Yeah, why the hell aren't there more bounties for different weapons? It would encourage players to go across the board if Bungie simply gave the right incentive. Did they have this problem in Halo MP?

Not really. Halo Reach had daily challenges that you could do that were similar to Destiny's bounties but they didn't force you to change up your playstyle. It was usually things that you'd achieve passively through regular gameplay, like 'Get 50 headshots' (you could use any precision weapon), or 'Kill 25 Grunt Majors'.

todd360

Praxic Fire looks baller as fuck with Thunderdevil shader, damn.

erZOAmH.jpg

Sullichin

I might be imagining this but I'm almost sure I've seen a Crucible bounty for getting 5(?) Dead Man's Hand medals no?
It's 10. It should be 5 imo, just compared to how fast some of the other bounties are for the same XP. And when the IB bounties come around, it seems like a joke

ocean

Banned
It's 10. It should be 5 imo, just compared to how fast some of the other bounties are
Some of the bounty figures seem outright random. Like you can kill a regular yellow-bar with a special name in a story mission and get 5,000 XP/100 Rep or you can run a full Strike for half that. Like, what?

Regarding the changes to weapon balance, I am just flabbergasted as fuck that they didn't nerf shotgun range in PvP but did for fusion rifles.

Getting one shotted by a shotgun across a room is fucked up Bungie!

NastyBook

Hahaha YES! Stop playing the raid for two weeks, come back and get Deathsinger's Mantle and Deathsinger's Gaze. Now all of my characters will be 32. My Warlock finally made it.

Daemul

What's up with the rise of shotgunners in Crucible? It's infuriating.

I've noticed this as well, and I have no idea why it's happening since shotguns got nerfed as well. I think people are misreading the patch notes and are thinking that the shotgun damage got doubled in PvP lol

Hiko

Banned
yea it's fucked up. TLW has to be paced now and by then the Thorn has already killed you with DoT. TLW vs Hawkmoon is actually a closer fight now until aces procs.

Thorn sucks in CQB though so the patch basically killed an entire niche of hand cannon combat.

I played a Crucible match last night with TLW and I went on a rampage. I never tried to hit long range targets so I don't care about the range nerf. How much did the first shot accuracy get nerfed? Can't say noticed anything different.

PvP is a bit weird now. I feel like auto rifles are kind of in no man's land now. Before they used to be the weapon of choice for long range encounters while still being deadly up close. Now they can't hold their own up close against shotguns and fusion rifles. While at longer distance they are easily outclassed by high impact pulse rifles and even some scout rifles like VoC. Red Death honestly feels like the new Suros Regime.

I played a Crucible match last night with TLW and I went on a rampage. I never tried to hit long range targets so I don't care about the range nerf. How much did the first shot accuracy get nerfed? Can't say noticed anything different.

PvP is a bit weird now. I feel like auto rifles are kind of in no man's land now. Before they used to be the weapon of choice for long range encounters while still being deadly up close. Now they can't hold their own up close against shotguns and fusion rifles. While at longer distance they are easily outclassed by high impact pulse rifles and even some scout rifles like VoC. Red Death honestly feels like the new Suros Regime.

Red Death feels pretty OP right now. I don't have one but I was getting merc'd by it so much in Crucible yesterday. Really tough to beat 1v1.

Hiko

Banned
Red Death feels pretty OP right now. I don't have one but I was getting merc'd by it so much in Crucible yesterday. Really tough to beat 1v1.

Yeah, I nearly felt bad when I was using it. The guys I was beating weren't playing bad. Red Death just outclassed whatever they were using, unless it was a heavy. I didn't even have to be perfect with this thing.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'll never understand the frustration with shotguns. If you allow someone to get in close on you you should absolutely be prepared to wrecked and if you are able to work your into an opponents face you should absolutely be rewarded with huge damage. It's intuitive (unlike FRs) and is mostly avoidable.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll never understand the frustration with shotguns. If you allow someone to get in close on you you should absolutely be prepared to wrecked and if you are able to work your into an opponents face you should absolutely be rewarded with huge damage. It's intuitive (unlike FRs) and is mostly avoidable.
:x you can wreck with FRs right now because shotgun behavior is so predictable

Frenden

Banned
Red Death has surpassed Thorn and Hawkmoon as my favorite PvP weapon for sure. Like y'all said--shit just seems unfair to others.

Most of the time it's out of my control though. I mostly get killed by shotguns when players use blink, and sliding. If it wasn't for those two things shotguns would be fine. As it is right now players are just running and jumping with their primary shotguns.

ERMint13

I wish I saved the clip where I got shotgunned from the top of the building on Blind Watch coming to get the guy off of C. One shotgun and I was dead. That is insane distance. Sure it was probably luck in the chamber, hammer forged, and shot package but everyone who has motes can work on rolling that.

The IB shotgun is beastly with the right roll. Shotguns will get another nerf once we get IB again and more people get it. That paired with some guy that just blinks all over is straight garbage. I'm sorry but I couldn't get any joy out of just blinking and shotgunning. I want to challenge someone and beat them with skill not cheap tactics.

Fusion rifles still seem as deadly as before. I haven't noticed much of a difference in my Final Rest II except for extreme distances. So to me overall the secondary nerf hasn't done much to change anything. My Hawkmoon on the other hand has taken a range hit that is taking some getting used to.

Most of the time it's out of my control though. I mostly get killed by shotguns when players use blink, and sliding. If it wasn't for those two things shotguns would be fine. As it is right now players are just running and jumping with their primary shotguns.

That's exactly my problem with them.

I wish I saved the clip where I got shotgunned from the top of the building on Blind Watch coming to get the guy off of C. One shotgun and I was dead. That is insane distance. Sure it was probably luck in the chamber, hammer forged, and shot package but everyone who has motes can work on rolling that.

The IB shotgun is beastly with the right roll. Shotguns will get another nerf once we get IB again and more people get it. That paired with some guy that just blinks all over is straight garbage. I'm sorry but I couldn't get any joy out of just blinking and shotgunning. I want to challenge someone and beat them with skill not cheap tactics.

Fusion rifles still seem as deadly as before. I haven't noticed much of a difference in my Final Rest II except for extreme distances. So to me overall the secondary nerf hasn't done much to change anything. My Hawkmoon on the other hand has taken a range hit that is taking some getting used to.

That's exactly my problem with them.

That's a range issue that I agree should be fixed. You should always need to be up in someone's face to get a one hit kill with a shotgun.

Red Death has surpassed Thorn and Hawkmoon as my favorite PvP weapon for sure. Like y'all said--shit just seems unfair to others.

I haven't been impressed with it yet. It's better, but it's really slow and people melt me between shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom