• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

What if she deletes your character and/or exotics? You should be supervising him playing with your account :p

We just finished the Black Garden without him :p

Aww seriously? Ugh. Really sorry.

Just let him borrow it for the evening. And that's DEFINITELY a fear. Borrowed my PS3 one time, got it back, and the harddrive was corrupted. Had to redownload 400 gig of stuff.

ocean

Banned
Aww seriously? Ugh. Really sorry.

Just let him borrow it for the evening. And that's DEFINITELY a fear. Borrowed my PS3 one time, got it back, and the harddrive was corrupted. Had to redownload 400 gig of stuff.
No worries. It's a fun mission except for the dumb dialogue, I liked it!

Great team guys and whatta ya know we dropped Crota with that Valedictorian carrying Titan never even firing a single rocket.Must be cause that titan was on shield boomer duty eh Sognar.:p

todd360

RNG is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey through the grind, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a guardians's story live on, treasured by those who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale cut from the game.

i'm bitter too but i haven't really started complaining because i doubt they're going to go back on patches like they did with the mythoclast.

i'm more upset at the fact the thorn was buffed in the first place because i feel like it's entirely responsible for this hand cannon patch. full teams were running that shit in iron banner and it was cheap.

some of us had the foresight way back and mentioned that the thorn only needed a reload buff. the range, accuracy and DoT were balanced by its low mag; once that changed, it became a sniper.

destiny's too big of a game for forum communites like GAF or reddit to make much of a difference, but i hope more people can convince them to reverse some aspects of this patch. range was never TLW's strong suit; it's the initial accuracy gate that's killing it
FOR REAL. Lost count the amount of times since the patch I fan fire some shot gunner only for my bullets to go flying everywhere, making a quick headshot based kill way more difficult then it used to be. Yeah, I can spread my shots out but the whole point of TLW is the damn fan fire and it's quick TTK from it. Without it you're just using a lower Impact HC with short range and insane recoil.

I tried soft ballistics and it sort of helps but it makes you need one extra bullet for a kill, aka 3 head shots. Ridiculous.

TLW was one of the few weapons that had a really pronounced balance between effectiveness and ease of use. I hope it gets a custom buff.

Agreed. This goes back to PvE and PvP being tied together. Thorn was pretty bad for an exotic in PvE, but most of us thought it was already strong in PvP.
I really hope so too, I don't know which HC this nerf was directed at but I feel like considering how much potential TLW had prepatch to what it's (in)capable of now, I feel like it got hit the hardest. Quick, accurate, shots are what defined TLW and now that's noticably difficult to pull off with it.
It's 10. It should be 5 imo, just compared to how fast some of the other bounties are for the same XP. And when the IB bounties come around, it seems like a joke
Yeah, now that TLW is nerfed, and Thorn isn't that great for headshots because of its poison, that bounty is extra annoying to do. Have had it sitting at 7/10 for the past few days. I earned a total of two since the patch..

I played a Crucible match last night with TLW and I went on a rampage. I never tried to hit long range targets so I don't care about the range nerf. How much did the first shot accuracy get nerfed? Can't say noticed anything different.

PvP is a bit weird now.
No doubt some matches you can get lucky and go on a tear, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy so I keep returning to it see if maybe I just need to get used to it. I can do good some matches, but it's not consistent anymore.

I used to be able to reliably slap dudes out to midrange (spacing shots out) with it, 3-4 bullets MAX per kill, and now I can't count on all my shots to not be off the mark and go flying over a enemies head unless I'm slowing my fire to the rate I used on dudes at midrange prepatch.

So, I kind of regret dismantling all three of my Stranger's Rifle now.
Lol, Zoba was right, this thing is awesome. Still salty because of Bungie murdering my fav, but this thing is reliable as hell to win 1v1s. 3 burst kill too. Only downside is the clip is tiny and the fire rate means you won't be killing groups of guys on your tail like certain other guns used to be capable of....

GhaleonEB

I know I keep talking about how great the PvE shotgun buff is, but goddamn has it shaken up strikes. Encounter after encounter is playing out differently than they have since launch. The wave during the Vex siege on the Archon Priest strike with all the Minotaurs used to only be done with the fire team hanging back, and getting pushed back along the path as they closed. Rockets, snipes, everything got busted out.

Today, I and both other guys pull out shotguns simultaneously and leap down, blowing them all to pieces in about 10 seconds flat. It was glorious. The servitors on the Nexus strike don't survive a full clip from 4th Horseman. Camo dudes getting plugged left and right. I haven't had this much fun in PvE since I first got my Bladedancer going. Universal Remote is going to be a monster.

Hyun Sai

I know I keep talking about how great the PvE shotgun buff is, but goddamn has it shaken up strikes. Encounter after encounter is playing out differently than they have since launch. The wave during the Vex siege on the Archon Priest strike with all the Minotaurs used to only be done with the fire team hanging back, and getting pushed back along the path as they closed. Rockets, snipes, everything got busted out.

Today, I and both other guys pull out shotguns simultaneously and leap down, blowing them all to pieces in about 10 seconds flat. It was glorious. The servitors on the Nexus strike don't survive a full clip from 4th Horseman. Camo dudes getting plugged left and right. I haven't had this much fun in PvE since I first got my Bladedancer going. Universal Remote is going to be a monster.

The best thing of this patch. We went on a Roc rampage yesterday night with 2 of us rocking Universal remotes AND shotgun secondary, that was the most fun I had in a while. We even tag destroyed Valus at close range ah ah ah,

Some of those encounters went SO FAST, that was exhilarating.

Guys doing two runs later

Need two more for The Dark Beyond

1) Phaethon
2)
3)

Must have Gjallarhorn and be level 32.

Also need two more for The Sword of Crota (someone good at running the sword). Can carry if you have the checkpoint.

/dead

Got my first Crota kill as Swordbearer. It was a trial by fire since I hadn't really done it before. Got really comfortable with it after about 3 or 4 wipes. There was some lag that got me a few times. It was normal mode and I was very conservative to only do 3 R2 smashes before blink strike invis, even then Crota would sometimes stand up and insta kill me.

Eventually got him. Felt real good.

1) Phaethon
2)
3)

Also need two more for The Sword of Crota (someone good at running the sword). Can carry if you have the checkpoint.

/dead
I am down! I can bring my
gao
horn which is superior to Wolfpack rounds!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

1) Phaethon
2)
3)

/dead

I'm in for Sword of Crota hard! I need carry for Restoration though.

Got my first Crota kill as Swordbearer. It was a trial by fire since I hadn't really done it before. Got really comfortable with it after about 3 or 4 wipes. There was some lag that got me a few times. It was normal mode and I was very conservative to only do 3 R2 smashes before blink strike invis, even then Crota would sometimes stand up and insta kill me.

Eventually got him. Felt real good.

Awesome, that's how I felt too. The lag can be ridiculous sometimes, no matter who the host is. Always safer to do 3 R2's than risk being annihilated by Crota. I get greedy sometimes and try to squeeze in extra hits but that just ends in death.

Gordon

:D

Just got Red Death from Deathsinger - feelsgoodman.jpg
That just leaves Gjallarhorn, Suros, Truth, Mythoclast, and a Crux to complete my exotic collection (until the playstation guns get released anyway)

RdN

Did Bungie change the way the daily reset works?

I thought it was 2 AM pacific, but I logged in now (1:40 AM) and it had already reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom