• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Bungie change the way the daily reset works?

I thought it was 2 AM pacific, but I logged in now (1:40 AM) and it had already reset.

Nope, it's always been 1am.

Daily is the wankening...again. We're doing the same two dlc missions 4 times a week. This is ridiculous. Feel bad for non dlc owners.

Guys doing two runs later

Need two more for The Dark Beyond

1) Phaethon
2)
3)

Must have Gjallarhorn and be level 32.

Also need two more for The Sword of Crota (someone good at running the sword). Can carry if you have the checkpoint.

/dead

I'm in for Sword of Crota hard! I need carry for Restoration though.

Seems like we are set for the reset!
this coffee is great btw

Gordon

So much Red Death hype it's new avatar time :D
f14gAsD.png

nOoblet16

VoG Hard/ Atheon kill anyone?
I still need one Atheon kill for that exotic chance.

Also why are you guys (multiple level 31/32 and all) suddenly doing Daily? What do you need assmat for ?

Gordon

Just for xp to level up new gear.
And there's the very reasonable likelihood that Bungie will be releasing a new set of Vanguard gear at some point that will merit upgrading, at least as a temporary measure to make the next raid a little easier.

Nope, it's always been 1am.

Daily is the wankening...again. We're doing the same two dlc missions 4 times a week. This is ridiculous. Feel bad for non dlc owners.

Great, I was doing the Eris stuff with Warlock which I never did before but held on hoping for it show up as daily.

Also why are you guys (multiple level 31/32 and all) suddenly doing Daily? What do you need assmat for ?

Feeding XP to the Praxic Fire armor.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Finally bought the DLC combo for this. Got my character accidentally to lvl 30 too.
Still suck at the game as I do not seem to know all the Strikes well, so I die constantly.

Some things are weird:
- Why are there different ship types? They do nothing at all it seems, but are they planned to be used later on for something?
- What is the point of getting a colour set. That is the worst present after a fight. "Here. Take this desert yellow colour for your armor set instead of a weapon"
- What's with the banners and loin cloths? Is that makeup again?
- Why the tacky blue speeders? Feels like Fast & Furious Destiny edition

Some things just take me out of the immersion of the game and some things fit.

I am still hopelessly hooked on the game. Yesterday was one of those "Just once more bounty" then that became "I could sure use some better boots" which turned into "I'm so close to leveling that Vanguard rank. Cocaine infused hooks, they dig into my flesh and don't let go. Need to play a bit more.

blazeuk

Thanks for helping out. Too bad the newbie only got shards..

It's the VoG way, shards/energy and if you happen to get a weapon during a run you'll get that 15 more times before it feels bad for you and gives you the timebreaker/chatterwhite.

I'm not sure how accurate is the earlier testing someone did with HoPF, but I just tried it and holy fuck, I can not keep up with the recharge. It actually refreshes faster than I can throw grenades, so the animation is a limiting factor, not the refresh rate. Its just unbelievable how quickly that bar continues to fill up.

milkham

I'm not sure how accurate is the earlier testing someone did with HoPF, but I just tried it and holy fuck, I can not keep up with the recharge. It actually refreshes faster than I can throw grenades, so the animation is a limiting factor, not the refresh rate. Its just unbelievable how quickly that bar continues to fill up.

radiance feels broken without it

Steroyd

You know, one thing I never tried, does the HoPF increase the recharge rate of that sunsinger perk that increases the recharge rate of teammates grenades as well? Only time I ever had that perk on is the Templar cheese that got patched, I'm such a selfish douchebag sunsinger lol.

You know, one thing I never tried, does the HoPF increase the recharge rate of that sunsinger perk that increases the recharge rate of teammates grenades as well? Only time I ever had that perk on is the Templar cheese that got patched, I'm such a selfish douchebag sunsinger lol.

Yup, it boosts Song of Flame.

Tried pvp post patch. Hawkmoon wasn't worth it anymore. My fully upgraded red death which previously had been relegated to crota duty only was a beast though. I am become death, and it's red. Feels kinda op, especially with the health regen perk, win 1 v 1 come out unscathed everytime. Still cheesed about missing the heart of praxic fire though because I've kinda burned out on this game and I value spending time with my girlfriend each weekend. They should have xur show up during the week for people with social lives during the weekend.

Deku Tree

How to predict Xurs inventory

I posted this in the comments of the past thread, and got PM'd that it'd be better if I I posted it as a new thread. This works but it takes a very long time. Either of the guys who do it can confirm if it's their method.

It takes much longer than I expected to data mine a week. We're talking 3 hours minimum per week. But, here's how you guys can go from there. Im going to do a short write because it's hard to explain netcode quickly.

Tools Needed:

A Packet Sniffer: WireShark

A Network Analyzer: Scrapy

Hex Editor: XVI32

Step 1: Join the tower, try and get a tower instance where you're the only guardian. You'll only see three PVP IP's show up, this is Xur, Destiny Call Back Server, and the other Tower Merchants share the third.

Step 2: Open WireShack and go to Loopback ; lo0 and type the IP you found from Xur as the processing sketch server. This is to relay all Xur's packets in an loop on your network. You can't leave the tower at this point.

Step 3: Open BalldropClient and set the port as TCP 80. Xur has a lot of "noise" the only packets of importance are the ones he sends over Port 80.

Step 4: Open the Hex Editor and copy 23 consecutive packets from WireShark into it. If the 0020 and the 0030 lines show a pattern similar Xur's inventory. 4 same, one off, one off, 5 same, one off, one off. If it does, you MAY have his inventory. To check you have to note 0010 for all 22, check this against a database of all exotic weapon's Hex code. You have to manually find all of the weapons Hex code the same way you found those.

Xur's netcode hex for exotics go

<Name>.2B <Price>.4B <Strange Coins You Have>.4B <Description>.16B <Date>.2B

2B = xx 2 bits

4B = xx 4 bits

16B = xx 16 bits

Step 5: Xur sends out a beacon packet every 750 milliseconds that has date, time remaining, and random noise. You can ignore everything except the beginning 2B and ending 2B.

<Date>.2B <Noise to confuse you>.16B <More Noise>.16B <Time Remaining>.2B

You want to open WireShack and completely copy two of these packets. Next, you use the hex converter to get a 2 Bit snippet for the date forward you want to go to. Now you have to open Scrappy, create a 127.0.0.1 loop by sending all Xur sPort traffic on ports 80, to your dPort server of 127.0.0.1. It is a MUST you keep ports 88, 3074, and 53 open or you'll be disconnected. Once you've created the duplicated packet, you'll inject it using Scrappy, tcp.flag = 0x018. anything bigger will result in a disconnection. If you've done it correctly you should have a loop of packets only on port 80 being manipulated, while the other ports send unedited packets. To do one week would take 3-4 hours. Two weeks, we're talking 8. An individual request would be nearly impossible.

If Xur doesn't sell St-14 because of these people I am going to be so mad. And if Xur doesn't sell St 14 you know it is 100% because of these people.

Deku Tree

Comment from redditor who was doing the earlier predictions.

Great, now bungie will patch this, couldn't you just be content with what I supplied?
I bet saint won't even be sold.
Also I'm not even sure if this is true, you're not even giving out new information, at least post the upgrade list for the next two weeks (i have it) so we know if this is real.

My guess is Bungie could already figure out how they were getting the Xur advanced info without the detailed post. If three redditors could independently figure it out, then Bungie has people working for them who also can figure it out.

Anyone want to do some partial Crota runs, just the abyss/bridge? I'd like to try for some better armor drops. Preferably normal mode so we can smash through it.

That would be crazy lol. Song of Flame does stack on top of HoPF perk, but don't think your teammates will get 12-13 grenades as well.

EDIT: I thought you asked whether HoPF increases recharge rate of teammates, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom