• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

Anyone up for hard mode Crota kill? Have checkpoint and a second player.

1. Midas (Rajala on psn)
2. Friend

E92 M3

Tried pvp post patch. Hawkmoon wasn't worth it anymore. My fully upgraded red death which previously had been relegated to crota duty only was a beast though. I am become death, and it's red. Feels kinda op, especially with the health regen perk, win 1 v 1 come out unscathed everytime. Still cheesed about missing the heart of praxic fire though because I've kinda burned out on this game and I value spending time with my girlfriend each weekend. They should have xur show up during the week for people with social lives during the weekend.

Well, it only takes a minute to purchase :p

I hope Bungee doesn't touch PVE shotguns. They accidently made them fun.

WipedOut

Well, it only takes a minute to purchase :p

I hope Bungee doesn't touch PVE shotguns. They accidently made them fun.

Dammit, you just jinxed it. I have been having way too much fun with my secret handshake, my raid gauntlets let me choose hammerforged over flared magwell. Best 150 marks I have ever spent.

Unstable

So I haven't played Destiny for like 5 months and I'm thinking about jumping back in. How hard will it be for me to gear up and start the new stuff? Is it basically the same grind as 5 months ago because I got super burned out from the grind and I'm not sure if I'm up for that again.

Deku Tree

So I haven't played Destiny for like 5 months and I'm thinking about jumping back in. How hard will it be for me to gear up and start the new stuff? Is it basically the same grind as 5 months ago because I got super burned out from the grind and I'm not sure if I'm up for that again.

No the grind is much easier now to some extent. But there is still a grind. What level are your characters now?

Deku Tree

I doubt it. With the recent patch I always picture the guys at Bungie as the dog not good with computer picture.

It may look like that from the info they provided us but keep in mind that Destiny is a huge piece of software being coded by probably hundreds of programmers with millions of interacting systems so it's not a piece of cake to fix bugs when you have to constantly worry about how one system change affects every other system in the game.

That said Destiny does seem to have many many more bugs than say a first party Nintendo game. However Destiny also gets infinitely more post launch bug patches.

Deku Tree

Fairly high level. My Titan is 29, my Warlock is 28, and my Hunter is 28.

You are doing very good.
You can buy one or two pieces of tower armor to level up to 30 or so.
You can also jump in to the CE raid if you own TDB DLC and try to get some CE raid armor. The drop rates in the new raid are much better.

deafmedal

Do you want to take my spot? Really don't need gear

*shrug* I dunno, lol! still need to eat breakfast... have you lot started yet?

edit: thanks RAWR, but I guess I'll try and get a group together after I eat, I don't need gear either as I just hit 32 on my Titan last night (last class, all with full raid sets) but I do need shards for better rolled gear plus infusion helms...

Lima

It may look like that from the info they provided us but keep in mind that Destiny is a huge piece of software being coded by probably hundreds of programmers with millions of interacting systems so it's not a piece of cake to fix bugs when you have to constantly worry about how one system change affects every other system in the game.

That said Destiny does seem to have many many more bugs than say a first party Nintendo game. However Destiny also gets infinitely more post launch bug patches.

True but it took them ages to fix the heavy ammo bug and they specifically mentioned the heavy ammo loss when going to Orbit in one of the weekly updates, yet it still happens. After all this time waiting for the fix.

Deku Tree

True but it took them ages to fix the heavy ammo bug and they specifically mentioned the heavy ammo loss when going to Orbit in one of the weekly updates, yet it still happens. After all this time waiting for the fix.

Yeah I guess the lose heavy ammo going to orbit bug was harder to fix and/or the fix caused other worse bugs so they just left it alone.

Deej mentioned it because maybe some lack of communication within Bungie.

Deku Tree

eww dark below daily

Fuck that daily!

I'm gonna go make breakfast.

The Wakening Daily really sucks to solo because small circular room and lots of adds and lightswitch causing quick one hit Guardian downs.

However if I have at least one other person with me, then often I can usually sparrow all the way to the Ogre or close to the Ogre and the Wakening Daily takes less than 10 minutes.

Unstable

You are doing very good.
You can buy one or two pieces of tower armor to level up to 30 or so.
You can also jump in to the CE raid if you own TDB DLC and try to get some CE raid armor. The drop rates in the new raid are much better.
Okay cool. I'm guessing it's the same deal of running strikes for marks. Did they implement matchmaking for raids yet? That's my biggest concern, not being able to find anyone who wants to play with a undergeared player that doesn't know the fights.

Deku Tree

Okay cool. I'm guessing it's the same deal of running strikes for marks. Did they implement matchmaking for raids yet? That's my biggest concern, not being able to find anyone who wants to play with a undergeared player that doesn't know the fights.

There now is matchmaking for the Weekly Heroic Strike (as of the most recent patch). There is no matchmaking for Raids or Nightfalls or for the Daily Heroic story mission.

I personally often find it extremely easy to find a group to do a Raid with right here in this topic at almost any time. Most people in here also don't mind taking a 29 or even a 28 for the normal CE raid. I the CE normal raid did myself last weekend with only three players in one shot last week, so you really aren't a huge liability at 29 or 28 (if you have a group that knows what to do anyway).

Also a lot of people around here usually are happy to find people to do nightfalls with and don't really care if you are a 28 or 29 instead of a 30 or higher. I know I don't.

i don't think the wakkenin mission is difficult but i find it boring because it's a painfully slow trek through the hellmouth to get there (unless you sparrow through it)

i'd rather do the warmind mission, but then i'd take any other mission from the game (except garden spire).

Gordon

Y'know after getting into Halo modding pretty heavily and learning how Bungie's game was strung together I've come to realize that they don't work with the rigid, structured, easy to patch hierarchical framework you might expect from a well established developer. Their games (I get the sense Destiny is similarly messy) are more along the lines of Einstein's desk. Their code has a lot of eccentricities that make nailing down certain bugs really hard or preclude adding certain features for obscure reasons. It also delivers the gameplay experience we want in a package that runs more than it doesn't. The long and the short of it however comes down to the amount of work something takes to fix. Bungie could start shuffling up Xur's inventory to stymie this leak, but they would probably have to do it manually every week, as patching the system would probably be a lot harder. I can't foresee them taking the time to cockblock a reasonably small subset of their players unless something really exploitable comes up. An action like that would just generate more frustration in a game where the playerbase's patience has already been stretched.
I think they'll probably just keep on carrying on until the next big DLC and then make the next tower vendor they add harder to distinguish from Xur or mingled with his data on weekends or something to slow the leaks down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom