• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

Y'know after getting into Halo modding pretty heavily and learning how Bungie's game was strung together I've come to realize that they don't work with the rigid, structured, easy to patch hierarchical framework you might expect from a well established developer. Their games (I get the sense Destiny is similarly messy) are more along the lines of Einstein's desk. Their code has a lot of eccentricities that make nailing down certain bugs really hard or preclude adding certain features for obscure reasons. It also delivers the gameplay experience we want in a package that runs more than it doesn't. The long and the short of it however comes down to the amount of work something takes to fix. Bungie could start shuffling up Xur's inventory to stymie this leak, but they would probably have to do it manually every week, as patching the system would probably be a lot harder. I can't foresee them taking the time to cockblock a reasonably small subset of their players unless something really exploitable comes up. An action like that would just generate more frustration in a game where the playerbase's patience has already been stretched.
I think they'll probably just keep on carrying on until the next big DLC and then make the next tower vendor they add harder to distinguish from Xur or mingled with his data on weekends or something to slow the leaks down.

The newest patch included a footnote saying that they improved their patching system, so that probably helps. Also, the guy who datamined Xur says Bungie can change him in realtime, no need to wait for patches. He said they can control where he appears and when he appears (as proven during the PSN outage), in addition to that stock pre loading they've done. Someone explained how to read Xur's future stock, I can link it if you want.

border

The Wakening Daily really sucks to solo because small circular room and lots of adds and lightswitch causing quick one hit Guardian downs.

Jump on top of the large curved rib bone on the right side of the room. None of the melee enemies will be able to reach you. Icebreak the wizards, and hop up and down if one of them manages to start firing at you. Burn the crystal as fast as possibe, jumping up and down as it shoots the green bolts at you.

Frostburn

Jump on top of the large curved rib bone on the right side of the room. None of the melee enemies will be able to reach you. Icebreak the wizards, and hop up and down if one of them manages to start firing at you. Burn the crystal as fast as possibe, jumping up and down as it shoots the green bolts at you.

Yup and if you don't have a Ghorn like me use a good LMG with 50+ rounds and as soon as you can damage the crystal unload into it with the LMG followed up by your sniper rounds.

_Legacy_

i don't think the wakkenin mission is difficult but i find it boring because it's a painfully slow trek through the hellmouth to get there (unless you sparrow through it)

i'd rather do the warmind mission, but then i'd take any other mission from the game (except garden spire).

It comes up so often now, it's a joke. Bungie should add the same rotation policy they've recently made to the strike playlists. Sick and tired of seeing it now, it takes so long to get through and the final bit can be tedious at times, especially solo. I reckon they should increase the rewards for the mission, even if it's an extra ass mat or rare engram. Heck, throw a mote of light into the mix.

Ghazi

Easiest way is to just kill the wizards and run to the cave in the back left and hide behind the rock and shoot the crystal. Enemies will sometimes ignore you completely (and if they don't you have ample time to shoot them because they are visible over the rock's edges) and you can shoot the bottom of the crystal. I just sparrow through the end until the Ogre. I just do it solo every time it shows up, it's one of the easier TDB dailes. Now that I think about it, I wonder why Fist of Crota isn't in the rotation.

Gordon

The newest patch included a footnote saying that they improved their patching system, so that probably helps. Also, the guy who datamined Xur says Bungie can change him in realtime, no need to wait for patches. He said they can control where he appears and when he appears (as proven during the PSN outage), in addition to that stock pre loading they've done.
Well as far as improving future patches they are probably talking about changing things they just patched. I imagine they probably added a lot more hooks for their weapon balancing system to give them more control over subtle balance tweaks, and stuff like that.
And yeah absolutely they can change his inventory on a whim manually, but I mean changing the way he works so he can't be datamined would be a lot harder. I don't see them putting the effort in to manually change his inventory every week just to cockblock the leak. Just if something big is going to come up like Red Death or Gjallarenthappening.

Ghazi

Well as far as improving future patches they are probably talking about changing things they just patched. I imagine they probably added a lot more hooks for their weapon balancing system to give them more control over subtle balance tweaks, and stuff like that.
And yeah absolutely they can change his inventory on a whim manually, but I mean changing the way he works so he can't be datamined would be a lot harder. I don't see them putting the effort in to manually change his inventory every week just to cockblock the leak. Just if something big is going to come up like Red Death or Gjallarenthappening.

Ah, I see. It's interesting, though, because now it's been shown that Xur is preloaded and can be changed. I think it's a pretty big deal, being able to get weeklies and Xur stock in advance. They obviously know, I feel like they should care about it and try to stop it, but I understand it would probably take a lot of work like you said.

Willing to run sword again for you if you have a checkpoint.

Anytime! Didnt take that long :p about ~20 mins with 2 scrub moments and the swordbearer being a dick :)

I have probably 4 people and the checkpoint, if you'd want to run the sword. Some first timers but I showed them the strategy. We'll be on in about 20 mins if you're interested.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Daemul

So due to mega proving his reliability, I guess that we can say for certain that Ghorn has been removed from Xur's inventory, or at the least that it won't show up until after August, since that's how far he's datamined?

Deku Tree

Easiest way is to just kill the wizards and run to the cave in the back left and hide behind the rock and shoot the crystal. Enemies will sometimes ignore you completely (and if they don't you have ample time to shoot them because they are visible over the rock's edges) and you can shoot the bottom of the crystal. I just sparrow through the end until the Ogre. I just do it solo every time it shows up, it's one of the easier TDB dailes. Now that I think about it, I wonder why Fist of Crota isn't in the rotation.

Yeah I heard about those before but never perfected those strategies. I'd rather just post here "doing daily jump in". People so far always jump in.

The newest patch included a footnote saying that they improved their patching system, so that probably helps. Also, the guy who datamined Xur says Bungie can change him in realtime, no need to wait for patches. He said they can control where he appears and when he appears (as proven during the PSN outage), in addition to that stock pre loading they've done. Someone explained how to read Xur's future stock, I can link it if you want.

They can change it real time, we know this because they removed strange coin purchasing with glimmer, within hours of people discovering the alt character glitch.

I have probably 4 people and the checkpoint, if you'd want to run the sword. Some first timers but I showed them the strategy. We'll be on in about 20 mins if you're interested.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Sure I can do that. I think CREMSteve is already in a Crota HM kill already, according to my friends list.

Actually, I do have the HM crota checkpoint. Anyone wanna give it a shot?

psn: kreepmode

That would be 6 of us right there.

Same thing happend to me earlier today. You have to fly, guardian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAuJg6lj4Cg

working as intended

Sure I can do that. I think CREMSteve is already in a Crota HM kill already, according to my friends list.

That would be 6 of us right there.

working as intended

Okay, so you, CREMSteve, Rollo, and me and 2 of my friends. Sounds good. I'm eating lunch real quick, but I'll be on in 15 mins with invites if that's cool.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got 20 mins into Evil Within and it's boring me to tears. It was the game I got a PS4 for to begin with but I should have gotten the PC version if anything. Game is so clunky and shooting is so poor even by the genre standard.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Got 20 mins into Evil Within and it's boring me to tears. It was the game I got a PS4 for to begin with but I should have gotten the PC version if anything. Game is so clunky and shooting is so poor even by the genre standard.
It gets a bit better after chapter 3. I felt the same way though, have never beaten it.

noomi

I actually bought it for PC, and I couldn't even muster getting through it. At least with PC you could unlock to 60fps and get rid of the annoying black bars with a widescreen fix....but I still didn't like it.

Either way, destiny is better :D

I'm bored.... anyone need any help with some raids or anything, I am sword runner/relic carrier... all that good stuff.

I actually bought it for PC, and I couldn;t even muster getting through it. At least with PC you could unlock to 60fps and get rid of the annoying black bars with a widescreen fix....

Either way, destiny is better :D

I'm bored.... anyone need any help with some raids or anything, I am sword runner/relic carrier... all that good stuff.

Steam names? I could use some more steam buddies :3

Gordon

Ah, I see. It's interesting, though, because now it's been shown that Xur is preloaded and can be changed. I think it's a pretty big deal, being able to get weeklies and Xur stock in advance. They obviously know, I feel like they should care about it and try to stop it, but I understand it would probably take a lot of work like you said.
Well I mean it takes a lot of work relative to the proportion of Destiny's audience that is affected by this. I could see them taking action, or being prompted to by Activision, if this started getting enough exposure that the majority of players knew about it and were keeping up with next week's inventory. Assuming it was hurting player interest and not building hype lol

Deku Tree

I think this Xur leaking is going to be taken very seriously by Bungie and will be patched whenever the next patch comes. Now that the trick is out, someone will very likely at some point post a complete list of what Xur is planning to sell for the next long time and that destroys all the anticipation, hype, and mystery that Bungie is trying to build.

noomi

I think this Xur leaking is going to be taken very seriously by Bungie and will be patched whenever the next patch comes. Now that the trick is out, someone will very likely at some point post a complete list of what Xur is planning to sell for the next long time and that destroys all the anticipation, hype, and mystery that Bungie is trying to build.

Yeah, that's what I was saying the other day, it's kind of sad that he can be predicted now. Kills the surprise of waking early on Friday to see what goodies he has or doesn't have.

I would like to know if he will have the red death upgrade though haha, he's had it once I believe since TDB release..... bring it Xur!

Yeah, that's what I was saying the other day, it's kind of sad that he can be predicted now. Kills the surprise of waking early on Friday to see what goodies he has or doesn't have.

I would like to know if he will have the red death upgrade though haha, he's had it once I believe since TDB release..... bring it Xur!

I just hope they don't screw with him selling the Helm of Saint 14 next Xurday.

GutZ31

Jesus last night was rough.

10 game losing streak.

Or rather 10 "on the bright side" streak. I'm nt sure if that makes it better or worse.

Clutch harder.
Carry stronger.
2020541.png

PC version is far superior to PS4 imo, not just because of performance but the fact that you can completely remove those black bars and increase the fov. Running it at smooth 60fps is just icing on the cake.

EL CUCO

personally i find the xur datamine ordeal amusing. warlocks got tired of voidfang and went to inspect xur's napsac.
Voidfang is best Warlock (especially for Sunsingers) pvp exotic armor in the game. They should all be thankful

deafmedal

So... I'm really digging this patch! The game has been somewhat revitalized for me, I actually ran RoC strikes, PVP and did some patrols- activities I have not really ran in weeks/months. When I learned of the armor/weapon re-leveling I was a bit miffed and did the bare minimum of grinding: Icebreaker, Ghorn, new raid gear, exotic armors... only doing NFs if I needed the XP boost and have done hardly any weeklies since Dec and only then to insure I kept ~100 coins for heavy packs.

Buffing shotties to be usable in PvE and the app swapping are freaking great. I love using shotties in games and was majorly disappointed that they were so ineffectual in Destiny. Hell, I only leveled 1 Found Verdict (which I accidentally dismantled in my great weapon purge due to space/anger with upgrade back in Dec) and now I want 1 good shottie on each character. Running around like an idiot is fun to me, can't wait to finish Swordbreaker and throw it on my hunter (hawkian has the right idea).

Getting all the raid armor before HoW helps too, when TDB dropped my Titan still hadn't got VoG hat or jacket and wasn't 30 as a result. Now I have all characters to 32 and have some time to put some good builds together and maybe even try HM CE (only participated in 1 Crota kill thus far...). Still really enjoy just running the raids, esp VoG so it kinda sucks that everyone just wants their drop chances :( Helps I guess that the only exotic weapon drops I don't have/haven't got are Tlord and 4 Horsies (which I really want now :p) and Xür finally sold HoPF (yay!)

I'd really like to try for Flawless but don't want to try on CE, nor be carried/cheesed. If I got that, I might actually shoot for the platinum- my first! Hope Bungie treats upgrades with a bit more care for HoW like they say they will. It'll go a long way towards getting me to jump on future content day one.

Good shit, keep it up! *thumbs up*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom