• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeevez

Need 4 more for a crota normal kill w/ checkpoint. Need a sword bearer or people with patience so I can run it with my 31 hunter. Ps4 Jeeves87.

Deku Tree

Well if we could grab drizzy AND Darth Penguin we would only need 2

I don't mind helping out, can
spam
run sword, dps, or dance in a bubble :) of course don't need it and prioity goes towards anyone that need to finish it.

I need one HM Crota too (technically +3 Deathsingers, but whatever)

If not full yet. pan delamarch

Welp ready whenever. let me know, will be taking a shower so post or invite me in ~15 mins.

Sorry folks I can't do HM Crota anymore right now! Real life...

Anyway I might be on at around 9pm EST looking for some HM Crota take downs if people are up for it at around that time.

Guys, we broke the bridge:

11017707_10205057962222366_7370008344107014673_n.jpg

We're not exactly sure how we managed it. Probably the self-reviving, frabjous penguin's fault.

Obsidian Mind plus BadJuJu is hilarious. Supers every 30 seconds.

Universal Remote and Secret Handshake equipped is even funnier. I feel like I'm playing Doom they are so damn OP. And having two equipped at once to easily swap between reloads is hilarious.

I've had invective for a long time but I never used it. This week with Xur selling the upgrade, I upgraded it and started using it while glimmer farming at GK. it seems like a really good shotgun. Has good range and a ridiculous ROF. Seems kind of an OP crucible weapon

Deku Tree

I have been looking at peoples Grimoire and I have come to the conclusion that the three most tedious things to max out of your Grimoire are the following

-) Ogre kills (because only ogre kills while on Patrol count) (need 250 to get to max)
-) Hydra kills (same logic as for Ogres) (need 250 to get to max)
-) VIP kills on Patrol (because how often do you see a VIP kill mission pop up on Patrol) (need 250 to get to max)

Anyhow where do people think is the best place to farm Grimoire Ogre kills? And Grimoire Hydra kills? Both need to be while on patrol.

I have been looking at peoples Grimoire and I have come to the conclusion that the three most tedious things to max out of your Grimoire are the following

-) Ogre kills (because only ogre kills while on Patrol count) (need 250 to get to max)
-) VIP kills on Patrol (because how often do you see a VIP kill mission pop up on Patrol) (need 250 to get to max)

Anyhow where do people think is the best place to farm Grimoire Ogre kills? And Grimoire Hydra kills? Both need to be while on patrol.

I have never looked at the stuff needed for any Grimoire.

I've read the cards/story stuff but never actively doing the work.

-) Ogre kills (because only ogre kills while on Patrol count)
-) Hydra kills (same logic as for Ogres)
-) VIP kills on Patrol (because how often do you see a VIP kill mission pop up on Patrol)

The patrol thing is not true. You can kill hydras at the black garden normal mode, before entering the last arena where the heart is, there is a red bar hydra, kill it and keep wiping. For the ogre one, in the shrine of oryx, towards the end there is an ogre, kill it and keep wiping. I'm sure of the hydra one but haven't tried the ogre yet.

What's the better exotic shotgun to upgrade?

Invective or Universal Remote?

Will likely do both in the end but I am swayed towards UR so I can have two shotguns equipped at once.

Deku Tree

The patrol thing is not true. You can kill hydras at the black garden normal mode, before entering the last arena where the heart is, there is a red bar hydra, kill it and keep wiping. For the ogre one, in the shrine of oryx, towards the end there is an ogre, kill it and keep wiping. I'm sure of the hydra one but haven't tried the ogre yet.

Ok the patrol thing may not be exclusively true.

But it definitely doesn't count when you kill any Ogres in the CE raid or when you kill ogres in any weekly activity or any ROC or Tiger strikes etc. Possibly vanilla map strikes count...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Will likely do both in the end but I am swayed towards UR so I can have two shotguns equipped at once.

pretty simple i'd say UR for PvE and Invective for PvP; a dash of personal preference as well though. Also I'd say the upgrades have a bigger impact on UR, Invective is more valuable out of the box with its full auto IMO.

edit: you don't PvP so the answer is clear!

I'd go with UM personally. Just a really fun and goofy weapon.

Edit: I agree with Hawkian's distinction.

But it definitely doesn't count when you kill any Ogres in the CE raid or when you kill ogres in any weekly activity or any ROC or Tiger strikes etc. Possibly vanilla map strikes count...

I tried killing hydras yesterday and the black garden method worked. It's fairly quick as well. I still need 25 kills though
Just make sure you don't chose a heroic mission since that will make the hydras and ogres majors. That might be why roc and tiger strikes don't work

Deku Tree

Oh also "Rumble" wins is a low point in most peoples Grimoire score.
Bungie wants you to win 100 Rumble matches.

Hawkian has won 44
Twilight_Gap won over 100
Cuco has won 6
Drizzay has won 4
I have won zero. lolz

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh also "Rumble" wins is a low point in most peoples Grimoire.

Hawkian has won 44
Drizzay has won 4
I have won zero. lolz
Hmm. Haven't cared much about Grimoire stuff at all yet but that is motivating, definitely going to put the effort into hitting that one. :>

deadduck

It's not the patrol aspect that's important, it's the fact yellow enemies don't count. So the kills are OK if the levels are on normal.

Ogre = Shrine of oryx on normal.

Hydra = Black Garden on normal.

I was wondering about this the other day when I took a look and saw the counts unusually low in comparison to all the Ogre/Hydra included missions and activities I've completed.
Its stressful, I'm too used to my titan and totally panicked the first time heh

You'll find it less so after another run or two. In general, normal mode all the faults are on the player and they're not hard to avoid committing.

Hard on the other hand...I don't blame my usual group from disbanding and so many people no longer dealing with it after they get the loot they want. So many glitches (lag-based and otherwise) and no room for error.

Deku Tree

It's not the patrol aspect that's important, it's the fact yellow enemies don't count. So the kills are OK if the levels are on normal.

Ogre = Shrine of oryx on normal.

Hydra = Black Garden on normal.

If true that seems really really dumb. So killing the harder to kill yellow bar versions of enemies doesn't count but killing lots of easy low levels adds to your score? OK.

Deku Tree

I just saw that I've done Crota 70 times on Normal and 25 on hard, on one titan.
I don't have the stats for the others since I deleted them but it should put me at around 200+ total kills on all 3 titans o_O

Where can you see that info?
Especially the distinction between normal and hard.

ocean

Banned

Is the requirement being on patrol or just non-major? Because there's red bar hydras on several Venus missions.

Sullichin

Oh also "Rumble" wins is a low point in most peoples Grimoire score.

Hawkian has won 44
Cuco has won 6
Drizzay has won 4
I have won zero. lolz

110 Rumble Wins :)
My Grimiore score is lower than anybody here I play with though

Ghazi

The Patrol thing can't be true. I used a checkpoint to farm Shrine of Oryx for Ogres. Just go to the Black Garden gate in Mars patrol to farm the Hydras or a checkpoint at the end of the Black Garden mission when you're supposed to scan the nodes because there's at least one Hydra there and the checkpoint is before it. For VIP kills, just keep loading The Steppes in Patrol over and over again for VIP missions.

Trakan

So , a lot of the pvp changes in the patch sounded positive to me, but it turns out they aren't. At all.

The shotgun/fusion rifle range nerf did nothing as everything seems to be exactly the same as it was. Lowering the starting ammo for special weapons means nothing. I thought you'd be able to carry less overall, but really it just means spawn with less and pick up as much as you want. I can still carry 27 shotgun rounds in reserve. It's a pointless change, I don't get it. You can still run around with a shotgun as a primary.

The patch also seems to have added an audio glitch for me which is super obnoxious to hear whenever I die in PVP. I don't know what it is. I tried closing the application, but it seems to just a be a thing now.

So , a lot of the pvp changes in the patch sounded positive to me, but it turns out they aren't. At all.

The shotgun/fusion rifle range nerf did nothing as everything seems to be exactly the same as it was. Lowering the starting ammo for special weapons means nothing. I thought you'd be able to carry less overall, but really it just means spawn with less and pick up as much as you want. I can still carry 27 shotgun rounds in reserve. It's a pointless change, I don't get it. You can still run around with a shotgun as a primary.

The patch also seems to have added an audio glitch for me which is super obnoxious to hear whenever I die in PVP. I don't know what it is. I tried closing the application, but it seems to just a be a thing now.

I think that sound is the bullet that kills you. It used to be glitched where you wouldn't hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom