• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Lol, I had a surprise No Land Beyond on my Hunter today. Must have gotten it from Crota kill last night and didn't notice. Free shard!

Why does Crota Exotic drop not show the icon top right like every other weapon drop? You only see it when it scrolls on the bottom left. Seems odd that every other drop in the game shows it.

Same thing happened to me. I was laughing cause someone else got a NLB but I got one too when I got back to the tower

SgtCobra

yeah? i spelled out a bunch of the specific reasons it is still effective and aspects of its use in that post...
Yeah that's pretty much the way I've been using it in PvP for months.
I tried to do some rumble matches to see if I could duplicate your enjoyment, and it happened, alone at the top etc etc. Thing was once again pretty fun to use albeit a bit stressful. in Clash it's another experience for me though, I'll try to see if I can change things up a bit, perhaps I've been a little bit too dependant of this weapon X_X

It's been a damn good Destiny week!

Heavy ammo fixed
Pulse Rifles being useful
Shotguns being useful in PvE
Amazing convenience brought from the new companion app inventory options

Then I also maxed out a shit tonne of stuff!
-Skull of Dire Amarakra
-Don't Touch Me
-Apothesis Veil
-Swordbreaker
-Secret Handshake
-Three Little Words
-Bad Juju
-Oversoul Edict
-Hunter CE Helmet (finally got it this week)
-Warlock CE Chest Piece (better roll)

Plus I got the Arachnid helmet from Xur and then the Skull from one of the two engrams I bought to complete the exotic armour collection for all classes.

Huzzah!

Upgraded even more stuff today!

-Mask of the Third Man
-Universal Remote

Damn good week! I'll probably upgrade nothing else for a month or more now haha. There isn't much else I want to upgrade anyways. If I got Red Death or the Warlock CE Helmet (finally please RNG!) then I'll get back to the upgrade grind.

I upgraded:
-6 Armour pieces (4 of them exotics)
-6 weapons (2 of them exotics)

Having the app for moving all of the year and mats around was heavenly.

noomi

Just had almost 2 hours worth of roc strike ownage. I lucked out and got paired with what I would call the best roc team I've ever rolled with. We were going hard....

Made a quick video of owning the 3 psions.... In under a minute... Record?

http://youtu.be/ptQ5R3GiV9I

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah that's pretty much the way I've been using it in PvP for months.
I tried to do some rumble matches to see if I could duplicate your enjoyment, and it happened, alone at the top etc etc. Thing was once again pretty fun to use albeit a bit stressful. in Clash it's another experience for me though, I'll try to see if I can change things up a bit, perhaps I've been a little bit too dependant of this weapon X_X
Ah yeah, clash with randoms? That's rough for me too, there are just so many variables. I can still do pretty well but not as consistently, so I prefer rumble. Too hard to adjust to the competition when you the rest of the team is totally unpredictable.
Clash with a GAF group is always fun to run whatever you want though if you get the chance.

just had this'n
B_Cx1MmU4AE4e50.jpg:large
velchik was trying to main some lesser fusion too ;D

Finally got a fatebringer, still have a bunch of stuff I want to level first. Wish I would have got it months ago.

Signed on this morning with a surprise Gjallerhorn in my inventory (my 2nd). Must have been from Crota but I didn't see it drop, didn't see it when I went to orbit, and nobody in the party mentioned it. I will be keeping it in my vault.

t0rment

blink might be the worst jump ability, but it's really awesome.

also, can i do the weekly at lvl 23, or i'll be owned by the mobs?

What level are you currently?

23?

It's doable and there is matchmaking for it now too. But it's a gamble if those folks will be useful.

Ghazi

Anyone know if the Lash does better than the FB, since the Fatebringer is usually better? I recently did a reroll for what I wanted and haven't leveled it up yet.

cilonen

I think the modifier is Lightswitch this week, so their melee will definitely hurt. Possibly a OHK, but this week's there are only two spots to be cautious about, one is the ambush room from the garden's spire mission, where you take a left after entering and head for the tunnel instead of continuing up the ramp and the other is the land tank room right before Valus.

Everything else is stay back and snipe, Valus's room itself has loads of hidey holes to cover in.

EL CUCO

Anyone know if the Lash does better than the FB, since the Fatebringer is usually better? I recently did a reroll for what I wanted and haven't leveled it up yet.
PVE? FB is probably the best HC in the game. The only thing close or debatable is Hawkmoon.

That said, I haven't touched my FB since 331 weapons happened and actively use my Lash over it...especially in HM CE.

bitsurugi

I got bored and i said, heck, if they can do it, why couldn't i, and managed to solo the whole CE raid with my titan (not flawless, still can't make the abyss jump consistently). It's fun, controversially, i find Crota the easiest part, then bridge. Ir Yut took a few tries, but after you get the rythm isn't that bad.

Also: last few days the game is definitelly trolling me. Got FOUR heavy weapon engrams, hoping it would be Thunderlord... got 3x mats and a bad legendary MG :/
Furthermore, today we did some crucible, i was best in the game and got NADA, while the LAST guy, who had 4-15, got.... Thunderlord.

Srsly, Bungie!!!!!

Ghazi

PVE? FB is probably the best HC in the game. The only thing close or debatable is Hawkmoon.

That said, I haven't touched my FB since 331 weapons happened and actively use my Lash over FB.

Yeah, PvE, I don't really use my FB in PvP. My Lash has Field Scout, Outlaw, and Crowd Control so it'll do fine enough for both. I was more curious about the overall damage per shot.

EL CUCO

Yeah, PvE, I don't really use my FB in PvP. My Lash has Field Scout, Outlaw, and Crowd Control so it'll do fine enough for both. I was more curious about the overall damage per shot.
Lash does more damage per shot than FB.
Impact = Damage

The lB HC and SR will do more damage due to the impact, but does 100ish more matter when you have to put another bullet in the adds?

I got bored and i said, heck, if they can do it, why couldn't i, and managed to solo the whole CE raid with my titan (not flawless, still can't make the abyss jump consistently). It's fun, controversially, i find Crota the easiest part, then bridge. Ir Yut took a few tries, but after you get the rythm isn't that bad.

Also: last few days the game is definitelly trolling me. Got FOUR heavy weapon engrams, hoping it would be Thunderlord... got 3x mats and a bad legendary MG :/
Furthermore, today we did some crucible, i was best in the game and got NADA, while the LAST guy, who had 4-15, got.... Thunderlord.

Srsly, Bungie!!!!!
nice I saw that you were doing CE solo. I should try this one of these days.

SgtCobra

Ah yeah, clash with randoms? That's rough for me too, there are just so many variables. I can still do pretty well but not as consistently, so I prefer rumble. Too hard to adjust to the competition when you the rest of the team is totally unpredictable.
Clash with a GAF group is always fun to run whatever you want though if you get the chance.

just had this'n

velchik was trying to main some lesser fusion too ;D
Yep, I always go random haha, that's probably something I shouldn't be doing.
You're totally right though, every match is different, one time you're chasing shotgunning people and the other time you're fighting with 6 other people in one room for the whole match.
I should be doing some matches with you people soon, perhaps that may encourage me to screw around with some other weapons :p

Karl2177

Years after Halo 2 and Gemini, you'd think Bungie would learn to not put doors on maps. I guess it wasn't a lesson learned, seeing as DLC maps have doors...

Daemul

Thanks for the replies guys.

I spent all my marks on mats, so I need to grind for Three Little Words.

Yeah, when grinding for marks Rumble is the best mode, since you don't have to rely on a team for wins, it's all you. If you suck though, you might be better off playing as part of a team lol

willow ve

Yeah, when grinding for marks Rumble is the best mode, since you don't have to rely on a team for wins, it's all you. If you suck though, you might be better off playing as part of a team lol

Rumble is a pain in the ass when you run into lobby after lobby where parties are playing as a team.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I honestly don't think I've run into that a literal single time... what's the point, they just trade off who's going to win?

Out 1

Oversoul Edict keeps eluding me, so if anyone wants to run just the Abyss part of the raid (or the bridge too) help would be greatly appreciated.

My sexual loadout:

Blade dancer. Don't touch me gauntlets. Crouch to go invisible, Melee causes invisibility. Pretty much everything invisible.

Three little words (vendor version)

Secret handshake, vendor version

Thundelord

... Never had this much fun playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom