• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Trakan, they added the sound effect of said weapon used when you get killed.

And I completely agree. The changes did nothing. They need to remove spawn with special ammo all together and reduce the special ammo drop boxes by a lot.

The Heavy ammo nerf was a very good and needed change though. Gotta applaud them for that one.

Sigh* Farewell TLW...your glory days were amazing!

Bungie's issue is that they balannce weapons across the board based on each specific weapon type instead of balancing each weapon.

Universal Remote and Invective are both shotguns but very different weapons.

Bungie released their first weapon balancing patch which ruined some guns and then afterwards they released the exotic weapon patch that focused on each individual weapon and fixed them accordingly.

I have no doubt the same thing will happen again. They just released the patch that balanced weapons across the board and in a month or so we will have another exotic weapon patch that fixes how badly some of the nerfs affected some weapons more than others.

They really need to make Destiny 2 have PvE and separate. It would help balance the game and give then more creativity in creating weapons/sub classes/armour etc that is better suited to PvP or PvE.

I fear the day we say the same about shotguns in PVE :(

Honestly they should be that damn deadly. The balance is that getting that close to enemies in PvE can be a death sentence, especially in a Raid or Nightfall.

So I feel they are the perfect risk/reward weapon.

I'm going to enjoy them for now just in case. They basically are Doom shotguns now.

SgtCobra

the patch did a lot

like ruin TLW :(
What happened? I'm using it right now, not getting Thorn results or something like that but it's very fun.
I'm experimenting with new builds and such now that they killed the Pocket Infinity Which is never going to get buffed (I think) after reading DeeJ calling it a "beast" lol BS.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Bungie's issue is that they balannce weapons across the board based on each specific weapon type instead of balancing each weapon.

Universal Remote and Invective are both shotguns but very different weapons.

Bungie released their first weapon balancing patch which ruined some guns and then afterwards they released the exotic weapon patch that focused on each individual weapon and fixed them accordingly.

I have no doubt the same thing will happen again. They just released the patch that balanced weapons across the board and in a month or so we will have another exotic weapon patch that fixes how badly some of the nerfs affected some weapons more than others.

They really need to make Destiny 2 have PvE and separate. It would help balance the game and give then more creativity in creating weapons/sub classes/armour etc that is better suited to PvP or PvE.

i sure hope so.

TLW still needs a fan fire patch

Nori Chan

So um...am I still supposed to be downloading this 78 mb update every time I login? It's been like that for months. Should I delete and reinstall?

xbox one

SgtCobra

Is this directed at me? You can quote me, I won't bite. Instead of just coming with some reaction GIF why don't you tell me why the weapon is still so high on your exotic list? Based on those Rumble matches you did? Perhaps I've been using the weapon the wrong way for all those months?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is this directed at me? You can quote me, I won't bite. Instead of just coming with some reaction GIF why don't you tell me why the weapon is still so high on your exotic list? Based on those Rumble matches you did? Perhaps I've been using the weapon the wrong way for all those months?
yeah? i spelled out a bunch of the specific reasons it is still effective and aspects of its use in that post...

Ghazi

So um...am I still supposed to be downloading this 78 mb update every time I login? It's been like that for months. Should I delete and reinstall?

xbox one

Newest patch was supposed to fix that, it's a bug. Not surprised to learn that Bungie fucked that up too.

im all for this

it would give me even more reason to play crucible to play around with guns that i couldn't access in PvE

Trakan

Trakan, they added the sound effect of said weapon used when you get killed.

And I completely agree. The changes did nothing. They need to remove spawn with special ammo all together and reduce the special ammo drop boxes by a lot.

The Heavy ammo nerf was a very good and needed change though. Gotta applaud them for that one.

That sound effect is loud and distorted sounding. Borderline unplayable.

EL CUCO

Since I have the HAPF, is it worth hanging on to my light 30 Sunbreakers or should I just get an Exotic Shard out of them?
Keep it until you can or feel like upgrading it, or till you get new ones in a drop. I still have level 30 Voidfang vestments and Armamentarium and still use them in PvP.

Trakan

i thought bungie took out the 50 point revive in skirmish at one point. teams are still exploiting it to win.

You don't get points for committing suicide and getting revived anymore. If you died from an enemy, you get the points.

Probably for the best. It should be "special". Although, fix the Vex bug first or you spawn with nothing.

nOoblet16

one or two spots left for Sword School tonight

Can I join if I am already used to the sword and killing crota on HM ? It's just that I use R2 instead of the combo which I'd like to do and I want to practice jumping from the middle as I miss it sometimes for some reason despite my double jump having a higher height than the height of the platform.

Basically I want to get to a point where I can be efficient enough to take him down in two swords.

one or two spots left for Sword School tonight

School Schmool. Last night I did an LFG group and we got to Crota and looked at each other cluelessly as no one had sword experience.

I volunteered and got a trial by fire. It was very fun. Being a 32 on Normal is also a great break-in for newbies to learn the ropes since you have a lot of wiggle room for failure. Took a few wipes and Crota glitches, but got my first kill.

But seriously, Sword School is a good idea. Hope everyone gets a chance to kill Crota. It was way more fun than sitting back and shooting rockets.

Mindlog

What's the maximum number of daily events that's best to hoard? Does that section also top out at 20? I've been saving them. Finally unlocked the stability perk on my 3LW words. Going to be fun trying that out some time.
Can I join if I am already used to the sword and killing crota on HM ? It's just that I use R2 instead of the combo which I'd like to do and I want to practice jumping from the middle as I miss it sometimes for some reason despite my double jump having a higher height than the height of the platform.

Basically I want to get to a point where I can be efficient enough to take him down in two swords.
A perfectly cromulent reason to attend sword school.
School Schmool. Last night I did an LFG group and we got to Crota and looked at each other cluelessly as no one had sword experience.
This is basically how I ended up killing Crota with every class. Very fun trial by fire. Except when Crota is being a dick.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

of course

Lol, I had a surprise No Land Beyond on my Hunter today. Must have gotten it from Crota kill last night and didn't notice. Free shard!

Why does Crota Exotic drop not show the icon top right like every other weapon drop? You only see it when it scrolls on the bottom left. Seems odd that every other drop in the game shows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom