• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
that skirmish horn though
G83xWUM.jpg

his reaction "not another one"

I hope some day to be that jaded about a Gjallarhorn drop.

milkham

Just got two For the People back-to-back from engrams:

1)
Red dot-ors; red dot-ores; ranged lens rls3
Reactive reload
Field scout; lightweight; single point sling
Crowd control

2)
Truesight is; red dot-ors; ranged lens rls3
Counterbalance
High caliber rounds; perfect balance (maxes out stability); single point sling
Rangefinder

#2 actually seems like it has too many stability perks and it can't use all them.

#1 is more rounds at more damage, #2 seems like a laser with fewer rounds and less damage.

Which do I keep?

I feel like such a prick. I just left a ROC strike at the boss section cos my friend invited me to do Atheon hard. The other guy had already left too, so when I left he was the only one left. At least we already took a third of Aksor's health.

We did Atheon the first try and I got Vision of Confluence and a new Exotic Mida Tool.

Sorry to that guy hope the game matched someone in.

I hope some day to be that jaded about a Gjallarhorn drop.

I got the Horn in the last days of December. Played since launch. So just shy of 4 months with no Horn.

Got it then. Which turned into 3 within 6 weeks. Once you get an exotic you don't hvw it seems to unleash the flood gates afterwards. Which sucks when it's something like NLB.

Deku Tree

I feel like such a prick. I just left a ROC strike at the boss section cos my friend invited me to do Atheon hard. The other guy had already left too, so when I left he was the only one left. At least we already took a third of Aksor's health.

We did Atheon the first try and I got Vision of Confluence and a new Exotic Mida Tool.

Sorry to that guy hope the game matched someone in.

If the guy wiped then Matchmaking usually sends in the cavalry.

this game would be so much better without blink. way too easy for teams to abuse blink shotgun and nerfing shotguns completely defeats the point.

been playing skirmish all day and not one team we've faced hasn't abused it with felwinter's lie. if they aren't using that, it's edifreet's spear with final round.

they still lose though

Isaccard

So I started playing this today, and would love to level up with GAF and see where this goes. Is there a place to add my PSN? (PS4)

I got the Horn in the last days of December. Played since launch. So just shy of 4 months with no Horn.

Got it then. Which turned into 3 within 6 weeks. Once you get an exotic you don't hvw it seems to unleash the flood gates afterwards. Which sucks when it's something like NLB.

I am lucky to have one and will be fine if I never get another, 3 would just be nice to have. Also played since launch, took me 5 months to get one, but didn't play as much as most with only 1 character.

I feel very fortunate to have 3 Thunderlords. I am a little special.

Deku Tree

So I started playing this today, and would love to level up with GAF and see where this goes. Is there a place to add my PSN? (PS4)

Post it here in this topic along with what your doing at the time.
Also Put it in your GAF profile.

I think people really stopped using those Destiny PSN lists a long time ago because their filled with people who may or may not still be playing.

I am lucky to have one and will be fine if I never get another, 3 would just be nice to have. Also played since launch, took me 5 months to get one, but didn't play as much as most with only 1 character.

I feel very fortunate to have 3 Thunderlords. I am a little special.

Thinderlord was my first exotic. It's what made me like machine guns more than Rocket Launchers during the early days and not realize the glory of Gjallerhorn

It is why I never bought it from Xur :(

Thinking of jumping back in after a 3month hiatus, when I left I had brought all the new xpansion vendor gear and then got burnt out on the grind. Probably going to just wait for the new xpansion to arrive instead of wasting time grinding old gear.

Despite all it's problems it's still some of the most fun I've had in the last year .

Well if we could grab drizzy AND Darth Penguin we would only need 2

Sorry I missed your posts earlier, outside of buying HoPF I haven't really played since Thursday (scandalous, I know). If people still want to do some raiding I'm down to help.

Oh also "Rumble" wins is a low point in most peoples Grimoire score.
Bungie wants you to win 100 Rumble matches.

Drizzay has won 4

Drizzay - I don't always play rumble, but when I do I only won four

haha yeah Rumble is oppressively boring to me, the epitome of boring gaming. That card initially convinced me to not bother grinding grimoire back when I was looking for Ogre and Hydra kills (still don't have those either). I'll be happy to never play another Rumble match.

I grew up on Unreal Tournament CTF and Counter-Strike, I just miss well designed cooperative PvP modes with maps to match. The only thing I enjoy is team success. My Hunter's K/D is nowhere close to zoba (3.29 vs. 1.77) but win percentage isn't too far behind (70.62 vs. 68.68), lol. I'm sure he's played a lot more PvP overall, plus a lot more Rumble and carrying rando's which makes the win difficulty much higher....

Thinking of jumping back in after a 3month hiatus, when I left I had brought all the new xpansion vendor gear and then got burnt out on the grind. Probably going to just wait for the new xpansion to arrive instead of wasting time grinding old gear.

Despite all it's problems it's still some of the most fun I've had in the last year .

Depends on what activities you are interested in doing, it's much easier now to hit Lv30 or even 31 without too much grinding (and no raiding required, although raiding should make it easier). If you can hit 31 then you can do basically all activities in the game except for one specific role against the final boss of the new raid's hard mode.

They've definitely tried to reduce the grind in general, but it's obviously still part of Destiny-life. Raiding with good people is far and away some of the best gaming experience I've ever had, although it doesn't come without downsides like you said.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sword school time upon us, sorry for the delay (my mom's bday ;D)
we still doing this? I got my 32 Hunter equipped and ready to go. Holla!

PSN: sandboxgod
You know it! invites going out now CRAP i just overwrote my normal mode CP last night didn't I goddamnit.

Deku Tree

Sorry I missed your posts earlier, outside of buying HoPF I haven't really played since Thursday (scandalous, I know). If people still want to do some raiding I'm down to help.

Yup a few of us are still looking for some HM Crota kills. Would be grateful for your help. I have the Crota HM CP.

lunlunqq

haha yeah Rumble is oppressively boring to me, the epitome of boring gaming. That card initially convinced me to not bother grinding grimoire back when I was looking for Ogre and Hydra kills (still don't have those either). I'll be happy to never play another Rumble match.

I grew up on Unreal Tournament CTF and Counter-Strike, I just miss well designed cooperative PvP modes with maps to match. The only thing I enjoy is team success. My Hunter's K/D is nowhere close to zoba (3.29 vs. 1.77) but win percentage isn't too far behind (70.62 vs. 68.68), lol. I'm sure he's played a lot more PvP overall, plus a lot more Rumble and carrying rando's which makes the win difficulty much higher....

Hi Dr, want to start a HM Crota run tonight? I still need one...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
np, family comes first! If you need to push back the time or something let me know!

No, I'm here and ready to go, but ummm anyone have a normal Crota CP? I'm sorry guys, I'll do a better job of securing one in advance from now on. I keep joining groups like oh hey of course I'll help out with a Crota kill why wouldn't I?!?! *checkpoint lost*

moris

No, I'm here and ready to go, but ummm anyone have a normal Crota CP? I'm sorry guys, I'll do a better job of securing one in advance from now on. I keep joining groups like oh hey of course I'll help out with a Crota kill why wouldn't I?!?! *checkpoint lost*
I have the hard mode Crota checkpoint if everyone is 32 or has done hard mode before?

Question about Sword usage on Crota. I was doing the blink strike tactic on my Hunter last night to some success, but it always felt like it took longer for me to drop the sword than when I watch others do it. Maybe it just felt like a long time in the moment, but still seemed slow regardless.

I was just mashing R2 attacks and then held triangle to drop sword. Is this the fastest method? Is there some sort of animation cancellation technique to do it quicker? I felt like even being point blank range on Crota and smashing 3 R2's immediately I was nearly out of time to blink strike, yet others can squeeze in 4 R2's. Am I doing something wrong.

Isaccard

Post it here in this topic along with what your doing at the time.
Also Put it in your GAF profile.

I think people really stopped using those Destiny PSN lists a long time ago because their filled with people who may or may not still be playing.

PSN is my GAF name, Isaccard, doing some story missions if anyone wants to play :eek:

Since Day 1, I've possibly/probably played more hours than anyone here and I'm still missing 2 exotic weapons and 2 armors, although a big percentage of my playtime has been spent sherpa'ing raids i.e. not activities that would lead towards my loot drops. I've never cared about loot drops and I've had more than my fair share of good luck so no reason to complain.

I get confused when reading stuff that puts sooo much emphasis on loot, like some of those Kotaku articles, but I'm also afforded the luxury since my luck has been good. The only thing that really would've bothered me is #Forever29 in VoG since being 1 level down is a 32% penalty and very fundamentally alters your playing experience. My "luck highpoint" will always be getting Titan arms, chest and legs from my first VoG run and being one of the first Lv30s (that didn't run multiple characters of the same class). Grinding all the ass shards was insane, and now I have 1015 sitting around.

From back in September:

B_DvK7EW8AEZqmf.jpg:large

Maybe the most shocking thing of this picture is Atheon's Epilogue as my go-to primary. Makes me sad that nobody remembers what a beast this thing was before the AR nerfs decimated it. Also: that's my Xur-bought Gally, lol.

To some extent that's true, but if you're in a group of 5+ you get grouped with other groups. Most of the time those groups are good. The couple of times I've played with gaffers I barely ever caught someone on the other team off guard, or even alone. That happens a lot playing without a team.

Yeah this is accurate. On the very few occasions I do a Crucible match solo it's always depressing how terrible everyone is, noticeably worse than the average level of bad you typically see when playing with groups. And then occasionally you run into some really high level, coordinated groups, especially during IB.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Question about Sword usage on Crota. I was doing the blink strike tactic on my Hunter last night to some success, but it always felt like it took longer for me to drop the sword than when I watch others do it. Maybe it just felt like a long time in the moment, but still seemed slow regardless.

I was just mashing R2 attacks and then held triangle to drop sword. Is this the fastest method? Is there some sort of animation cancellation technique to do it quicker? I felt like even being point blank range on Crota and smashing 3 R2's immediately I was nearly out of time to blink strike, yet others can squeeze in 4 R2's. Am I doing something wrong.
Don't hold- press, and you can do it before the animation of the attack is even over. You can't cancel it, but you will drop it asap. The timing is somewhat nuanced though. I got absolutely crushed my first two times trying blink strike out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom