• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
But shotguns haven't received any PVP buff? I've seen more pulse rifles than anything.

Yeh but it's faster to kill someone with an auto rifle by running up to them and shooting them with a shotgun. Before the nerf you'll kill someone with a shotgun before the person got close.

Deku Tree

Niiiiice. Did everybody else manage to stick around long enough to finish him off?

One person had to leave
lunlunqq had wife enrage situation
but privateWhudson jumped in quickly to help us out. Your friend was still around when we got him. It took a little long because Hawkian was going for a two sword kill for a while with orbs near Crota. Also we had several crazy bugs like Crota killing Hawkian on the third Sword as he ran up there while he was invis the whole time. .

I got Thunderlord too yesterday from HM crota kill. Brofist.

Very cool milestone. Congrats.

Congrats! Still need that one and red death to finish mine off. I'm not counting nechrocrasm.

Thanks!

Yeah I wasn't counting the NecroTrash either. The Cruz still eludes me.

Steroyd

The nerf on auto rifles in pvp has turned it into a shotgun fest.

Fusion Rifle nerf did that, as far as primary weapons with pulse rifles it feels like Bungie have overdone it with the buff, not even a 50/50 competition against other weapons now, I easily forsee a pulse rifle nerf in the future hopefully just a tiny nerf though.

Skele7on

Banned
Essh, Monday and I haven't done any raids or nightfalls this week.

In for a long night tonight boys.....

Snowboarding was hella fun though, getting my grind on tonight to get shit done.

Crux and ballerhorn be mine please. made it home to get HOPF which was cool.

_Legacy_

I must say, this week has been really good for me, exotic-wise. Thunderlord decrypt on the weekend and got my first Vex last night. Add Plan C and Starfire Protocol to my NF drops and this was probably my most bountiful week. Not sure if I'll ever top it, has anyone ever got anything similar (3 exotic weapons in one week)?

Fusion Rifle nerf did that, as far as primary weapons with pulse rifles it feels like Bungie have overdone it with the buff, not even a 50/50 competition against other weapons now, I easily forsee a pulse rifle nerf in the future hopefully just a tiny nerf though.

Yh everyone seems to use a pulse rifle

Navid

Well, I have now officially run out of items that I need to pour XP into to level up...

I hope I'll get some of the weapons I'm still looking for (mainly Red Death and wouldn't say no to a few duplicates of the Normal Crota raid weapons) after the reset on Tuesday. Other than that I have no real incentive to do bounties, daily missions or strikes any more (guess I can still do the odd public event now and then for the package).

Feels like a weird position to be.

But shotguns haven't received any PVP buff? I've seen more pulse rifles than anything.
You obviously haven't been playing much multi. This is the first time I've thought about putting the game down, at least on the multi side. People with Found Verdict just run straight at you and you can't kill them in time. People running around entire maps with only their shotguns, getting first place. The shotgun range nerf is a complete lie.

noomi

You obviously haven't been playing much multi. This is the first time I've thought about putting the game down, at least on the multi side. People with Found Verdict just run straight at you and you can't kill them in time. People running around entire maps with only their shotguns, getting first place. The shotgun range nerf is a complete lie.

PvP is a damn mess, and I refuse to play it without having a hawkmoon.

It's a bit maddening how PvP always seems to effect PvE.

Look at the AR nerf for example, they were fine for PvE enemies.... but they wanted to make AR's less powerful because people were using them too much in crucible...

So now we all suffer :/

Deku Tree

I got a duplicate NLB from HM Crota last night I guess.
It just popped when I logged back into my Hunter this morning.
Otherwise not sure how I got it...

Yeh but it's faster to kill someone with an auto rifle by running up to them and shooting them with a shotgun. Before the nerf you'll kill someone with a shotgun before the person got close.

This is what made me switch. I didn't have Red Death on me, and when I tried to use Suros, I could empty a clip at a charging enemy, and they would just not die. They would proceed to shoot me in the face with a shotgun or shoulder charge. I've known how easy shotguns were, but still tried to stick with snipers and just try to get good. I now realize the error and will stick with easy mode.

I still use Suros for the guys that are at medium to long range and aren't looking.

gunawi

I must say, this week has been really good for me, exotic-wise. Thunderlord decrypt on the weekend and got my first Vex last night. Add Plan C and Starfire Protocol to my NF drops and this was probably my most bountiful week. Not sure if I'll ever top it, has anyone ever got anything similar (3 exotic weapons in one week)?

Pretty good week for me too.
Crest of Alpha Lupi and Truth from nightfall
Purple engram that decrypted into Gjallahorn (My first ever since launch!!) from Cryptarch after leveling him up.
No Land Beyond, Plan C, Icebreaker, Light of the Abys (The only one I need to complete my Crota weapon collection) and 2 crux of Crota (only need 1 for necrochasm) from Crota raid.
Nothing from Gorgon and Atheon though but that's okay. :)

Namikaze1

Quick! Someone join on me to help out with Urzok. I don't have a freaking shotgun on me!

I was busy on my Warlock when I realized what time it was so I hadn't timeto visit the tower on my hunter.

Edit: shit too late! He's here!

*sigh* personally I feel like what I said was uncalled for... p.s if you get monster hunters 4, let me know :3 we can hunt some monsters with casmith.

I wouldn't say that at all honestly, I think everyone understood where you were coming from. I just can't resist a little playful joking at friends' expenses sometimes, just ask Phaethon lol. I would have bought MH4 but best buy didn't have it, is it pretty good for someone new to the series?

One person had to leave
lunlunqq had wife enrage situation
but privateWhudson jumped in quickly to help us out. Your friend was still around when we got him. It took a little long because Hawkian was going for a two sword kill for a while with orbs near Crota. Also we had several crazy bugs like Crota killing Hawkian on the third Sword as he ran up there while he was invis]

Jupiter is a good dude; one of the few people crazy enough to stay up all night with me when I got my first NM Crota kill, and only guy who offered to run sword that first week, as a Warlock no less, so I actually got a loot drop on another character. He was moving and hadn't played for a while so he's not quite as familiar with HM Scrota as some of us.

As long as everyone is okay with it, going for 2 swords is fine as a novelty but there's no practical reason for it if people just want the kill and get on w their lives, especially if there's wife enrage or other IRL issues. A 3 sword kill takes 7-8 minutes and should be #teamfirsttry every time that lag or glitches doesn't fuck it up (or if you have newer players that need to learn strat details). There's a huge margin for inefficieny in shield break timing/sword damage with 3 swords-6 breaks and you have all the time in the world to safely kill ogres and reset for the last sword. But I digress, I'm trying to put a personal moratorium on denigrating Scrota since everything's been said 1000x by now.

I got a duplicate NLB from HM Crota last night I guess.
It just popped when I logged back into my Hunter this morning.
Otherwise not sure how I got it...

You got one on the first kill we did, someone else got a Crux. I gave a shout out about it at the time but you probably didn't hear me since my mic/Internet was so shitty at the time.

Quick! Someone join on me to help out with Urzok. I don't have a freaking shotgun on me!

I was busy on my Warlock when I realized what time it was so I hadn't timeto visit the tower on my hunter.

Edit: shit too late! He's here!

The time you wasted posting you could have just opened the app on your phone, transferred the shotgun from hunter to vault and vault to warlock. Urzok would be dead by now if you had the presence of mind :p

_Legacy_

Actually, I've played a lot and as previously stated, I have seen more pulse rifles. I guess our games were very different.

Namikaze1

The time you wasted posting you could have just opened the app on your phone, transferred the shotgun from hunter to vault and vault to warlock. Urzok would be dead by now if you had the presence of mind :p
It would take me an hour to go out and get an iPhone or an android phone. :/

noomi

hmmm, if I have a hard crota checkpoint, and I beat normal crota will my hard checkpoint to overwritten?

_Legacy_

Does the shotty range nerf apply for the rangefinder as well?

Correct, I have been getting killed by shotgun turds from far away...

PvP is a damn mess, and I refuse to play it without having a hawkmoon.

It's a bit maddening how PvP always seems to effect PvE.

Look at the AR nerf for example, they were fine for PvE enemies.... but they wanted to make AR's less powerful because people were using them too much in crucible...

So now we all suffer :/
Except even the Hawkmoon is not a good defense against them. Hawkmoon is terrible at close range. Only the Last Word is any kind of good defense against them as a primary.

noomi

Except even the Hawkmoon is not a good defense against them. Hawkmoon is terrible at close range. Only the Last Word is any kind of good defense against them as a primary.

I still wants it!

offtopic:

Any reason everyone is showing up like this now:
nUJKFft.jpg

I want everyone's avatars back!

deadduck

Tried for flawless at weekend:

#1: Get to Crota, first sword he stands up quick and smashes SB.
#2: Death dropping into abyss.
#3: See 2
#4: See 2
#5: See 2
#6: Flawless.

Finally got Guardian Lord!

Namikaze1

Alright, Urzok. I'm gonna wait here till your ass comes out. I have two fucking shotguns, a machine gun, two sharp ass knives, a grenade, a golden gun, and my superior dance skills ready to go.

Come at me!

I can see avatars just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom