• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Because we're both right.
I'm giving you the same reaction I gave her:
J-J-JAMESON-LAUGH.gif

You can get crit shots on the walker from the starting cheese area, the range is that good.

or was at least, might not be as effective after the HC range nerf.

Hey, I'm the person who said "you'll have to rip Fatebringer from my cold dead hands".

You don't need to convince me it's that good. ;)

Yep, did that last time. Unloaded 2 clips and he was pretty much dead, I don't think the Shanks had even spawned yet.

I still need to put XP in last 3 bubbles :(

Also between Fang and FB, don't forget FB explosions are also arc. On arc burn NF this means if you hit crit, you pretty much clear the room.

Bizazedo

Look at the AR nerf for example, they were fine for PvE enemies.... but they wanted to make AR's less powerful because people were using them too much in crucible...

So now we all suffer :/

The annoying part of this is AR's were already not the best weapon in PvP. Smart people used other weapons.

The whole AR nerf is puzzling.

Also between Fang and FB, don't forget FB explosions are also arc. On arc burn NF this means if you hit crit, you pretty much clear the room.

Wish I had a Fatebringer, probably the most OP arc primary in the game, especially for Arcburn.

Looking forward to breaking in my recently maxed Fang.

Gonna give Edict a good workout too, but no where near maxed.

Hey, I'm the person who said "you'll have to rip Fatebringer from my cold dead hands".

You don't need to convince me it's that good. ;)

Yeah, I pity those dregs.

Guess I'll switch my loadout:

FB + Arc Supremacy + Thunderlord for starting area and Sepkis.

Fang + P&T + Arc Admonisher for Walker.

Sullichin

Gonna use Arc Efrideet's against Walker/Sepktis tomorrow. Same impact as Black Hammer. Patience and Time has crappy impact. It'll be good in an arc burn but I'd only use it if it was my only arc sniper. I don't think P&T is very good in PVE at all unless you need to abuse the invisibility.

No Fatebringer so Fang or Oversoul Edict for me. And of course Thunderlord.

Ambitious

Arc burn, it is?

Primary
Fang or Fatebringer? With Arc burn, I suppose the difference in TTK will be miniscule, so I'm gonna go with Fatebringer.

Special
LDR or P&T? As far as I remember, the former has higher impact. So, LDR it is.
Maybe Light of the Abyss or Plan C if I need to get closer to enemies.

Heavy
Valedictorian, Song of Ir Yut or Swarm? My Swarm is pre-DLC and therefore capped at 300 damage, but its impact and stability are huge, so I'm gonna go with this one.

There is no way I'll bring a shotgun in a Fallen Arc burn strike lol. Snipers all day.

Shotguns are pretty much useless for Nightfall except for rare circumstances.

I expect Bungie to nerf shotguns after swinging the pendulum way too far the other way, but I hope they keep it. Shotgun use is way up, but not so high that it dwarfs usage of any thing else and really, its not that game breaking. It makes numerous encounters way more fun and there is still the increased risk of close quarter combat.

E92 M3

Shotguns are pretty much useless for Nightfall except for rare circumstances.

I expect Bungie to neef shotguns after swinging the pendulum way too far the other way, but I hope they keep it. Shotgun use is way up, but not so high that it dwarfs usage of any thing else and really, its not that game breaking. It makes numerous encounters eay more fun and there is still the increased risk of close quarter combat.

Bungie better not nerf shotguns. They finally made a weapon genuinely fun for PVE.

Gonna use Arc Efrideet's against Walker/Sepktis tomorrow. Same impact as Black Hammer. Patience and Time has crappy impact. It'll be good in an arc burn but I'd only use it if it was my only arc sniper. I don't think P&T is very good in PVE at all unless you need to abuse the invisibility.

No Fatebringer so Fang or Oversoul Edict for me. And of course Thunderlord.

Why wouldn't you use Tlord on Sepiks? Do the Field Scout to Perfect Balance trick. The first magazine alone will drop him to less than half health. If others do similarly, he drops in seconds.

Namikaze1

Fatebringer - obvious reason

Arc LDR - I prefer it over Patience and Time

Gjallarhorn - Because fuck those bitch ass solar shielded shanks

Fang
Longbow (Don't have an LDR, impact still good)
Thunderlord

Will also do one NF with Edict. Pulse Rifle buff + Arc and auto fire sounds delicious.

Sullichin

Why wouldn't you use Tlord on Sepiks? Do the Field Scout to Perfect Balance trick. The first magazine alone will drop him to less than half health. If others do similarly, he drops in seconds.

Yeah I probably will. Was just thinking that it's easy to stunlock him with Efrideets/BH impact but might as well just tear it up with Thunder.

It'll probably be my main weapon for the first part too. When I use Thunderlord I tend to use it like a primary weapon

Fatebringer - obvious reason

Arc LDR - I prefer it over Patience and Time

Gjallarhorn - Because fuck those bitch ass solar shielded shanks
eh, I would switch to IB or Abyss Defiant for the shanks. They are pretty much a wave all to themselves. Save heavy for the captains. They are essentially the bosses of that NF.

LTWood12

Lolz IGN Destiny Podcast "fireteam chat" is telling people at the start of their "Gjallarhorn" episode that Fatebringer drops on Templar both normal and hard.

Stop telling your listeners things you don't know (and are wrong about)!

I'm not sure why I even listen to it. It just makes me mad every time.

Namikaze1

Fatebringer works well enough on those bastard shanks. Takes like 3 shots max to take down their shields.
Not when you are soloing it and you're being shot at by 3-4 of them at the same time. And Fatebringer reloads slow when you don't get a precision shot. A quick Gjallarhorn ends all that though.

Shito

Not when you are soloing it and you're being shot at by 3-4 of them. A quick Gjallarhorn ends all that though.
Icebreaker one shots them, whatever the burn.

[EDIT] Now that I think about it, maybe it leaves them with a sliver of health when not on solar burn... will have to check! ^^

Namikaze1

Icebreaker one shots them, whatever the burn.
Ice Breaker would be taking up a slot over a much better weapon.

I have no need for it nor do I intend to use it after getting much better snipers.

The only good thing it has going for it is the ammo regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom