• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fatebringer + 4th Horseman + Swarm/Song of Ir Yut for me.

P&T for Walker and Sepkis.

I wouldn't want to get close enough to those Captains to use 4th Horseman but after the buff it is substantially powerful. You're going to get hit by tracking shots from Vandals too.

I'd rather they just die from a distance.

Seriously is there anything more annoying than when one person on your team gets the heavy ammo before everyone else gets there. If most of the other team gets the other heavy ammo we end up getting wrecked most of the time.
I understand getting it if there's no one near and an opposition is coming but you aren't going to die in the 5 seconds it takes for 2 or 3 people to get there

I wouldn't want to get close enough to those Captains to use 4th Horseman but after the buff it is substantially powerful. You're going to get hit by tracking shots from Vandals too.

I'd rather they just die from a distance.

Yeah I won't use 4th Horseman if it's Lightswitch. Otherwise, 4th horseman should be a one shot kill on captains.

_Legacy_

Seriously is there anything more annoying than when one person on your team gets the heavy ammo before everyone else gets there. If most of the other team gets the other heavy ammo we end up getting wrecked most of the time.
I understand getting it if there's no one near and an opposition is coming but you aren't going to die in the 5 seconds it takes for 2 or 3 people to get there

This happened to me on two maps the other day and the sucker then proceded to die shortly afterwards (every time), without even killing anyone. I sent him a 'polite' message, reminding him there are 5 others on the team.

Lima

While it is annoying it's your own fault you are not at the heavy when it spawns. It's not random. It always comes at the same time. Keep an eye on the timer.

Tried for flawless at weekend:

#1: Get to Crota, first sword he stands up quick and smashes SB.
#2: Death dropping into abyss.
#3: See 2
#4: See 2
#5: See 2
#6: Flawless.

Finally got Guardian Lord!
Going to try this at the weekend with some friends any advice/pitfalls to avoid?

Tried for flawless at weekend:

#1: Get to Crota, first sword he stands up quick and smashes SB.
#2: Death dropping into abyss.
#3: See 2
#4: See 2
#5: See 2
#6: Flawless.

Finally got Guardian Lord!

GG. I got Flawless Raider and /1000 on the XB1 version over the weekend with my raid team. They're west coast based so it was almost 4am for me on the east coast with the 5-6 attempts it took us. A couple heart breaking early Crota rises and silly lantern run hiccups but overall not too bad.

Anticlimactic and a little concerning for a minute as we all had to switch profiles in game for it to pop, haha.

Bleh, I think I dismantled/lost my P&T when I was moving stuff around to delete my 2nd warlock to make a hunter this weekend. I can't find it on any character and it's not in my vault. I used the app to move a lot of stuff... I could have also thought it was a dupe and dismantled it.

While it is annoying it's your own fault you are not at the heavy when it spawns. It's not random. It always comes at the same time. Keep an eye on the timer.

There's even an announcement before it appears. Fuck everything else, everyone should get their arse over there as soon as they hear it. I do wait if it seems safe, but there's games where people are too late for it and it's their own fault.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Time to dump some XP into my P&T. It's kinda funny that I got this weapon ages ago and not a single perk bubble has been filled.

noomi

Cool, thanks :D Will make things a bit easier tomorrow morning :D

Time to dump some XP into my P&T. It's kinda funny that I got this weapon ages ago and not a single perk bubble has been filled.

Heh, same here, just started leveling it 2 days ago, on the last 4 bubbles now. Was hoping to have it maxed by tomorrow for arc burn. Universal remote is up next, then red death, and my bad jujster.

Meh, I have had mine maxed for months and hardly ever use it. Arc burns is about it, and even then, there are usually better options.

dB Viper

Sure hope Xur does indeed sell Saint 14 Friday like the leaks say. In fact, I need all 3 armors tentatively set to be sold (Ahamkara pieces for Hunter and Warlock).

Arc burn you say?

Fang of Ir Yut
Light of The Abyss
Thunderlord

lets gooooo

There's even an announcement before it appears. Fuck everything else, everyone should get their arse over there as soon as they hear it. I do wait if it seems safe, but there's games where people are too late for it and it's their own fault.

That's why I said I understood if there's an opposition and someone takes it. But when it's safe and everyone's sprinting to get the ammo but one person takes it, the other team usually gets a lot of points if they have 3 or 4 people with heavy ammo

arc
fatebringer
ldr/light of the abyss
thunderlord

void
word of crota
praedyth's revenge
admonisher

solar
voc
ldr
almighty gjallarhorn

tumblr_n0oadkqY4z1szq987o3_500.gif

Shito

Light of the Abyss?
I find the nerf stick that hit fusion rifles are really making them quite crappy for PVE nowadays. The new spread makes them really less interesting than before from far away, and lightswitch is supposed to be on tomorrow from megaman's leak...

I wouldn't say that at all honestly, I think everyone understood where you were coming from. I just can't resist a little playful joking at friends' expenses sometimes, just ask Phaethon lol. I would have bought MH4 but best buy didn't have it, is it pretty good for someone new to the series?
Yeah I am enjoying it, its my first MH game actually. I think theres a demo on the Nintendo store.

edit: I can def see how it can become addicting haha.

Deku Tree

arc
fatebringer
ldr/light of the abyss
thunderlord

void
word of crota
praedyth's revenge
admonisher

solar
voc
ldr
almighty gjallarhorn

tumblr_n0oadkqY4z1szq987o3_500.gif

arc
almighty gjallarhorn

void
almighty gjallarhorn

solar
almighty gjallarhorn

The answer is always almighty gjallarhorn.

Jesus I almost had a small panic attack. For about the first 30 minutes I got to work today, gaf was being blocked by our companies firewall...

Would have made everyday go by so much slower.

Deku Tree

Jupiter is a good dude; one of the few people crazy enough to stay up all night with me when I got my first NM Crota kill, and only guy who offered to run sword that first week, as a Warlock no less, so I actually got a loot drop on another character. He was moving and hadn't played for a while so he's not quite as familiar with HM Scrota as some of us.

As long as everyone is okay with it, going for 2 swords is fine as a novelty but there's no practical reason for it if people just want the kill and get on w their lives, especially if there's wife enrage or other IRL issues. A 3 sword kill takes 7-8 minutes and should be #teamfirsttry every time that lag or glitches doesn't fuck it up (or if you have newer players that need to learn strat details). There's a huge margin for inefficieny in shield break timing/sword damage with 3 swords-6 breaks and you have all the time in the world to safely kill ogres and reset for the last sword. But I digress, I'm trying to put a personal moratorium on denigrating Scrota since everything's been said 1000x by now.

Yes Jupiter was a good dude and a solid player last night. He stuck with us and did what we needed. He talked about dropping out to go play monopoly but he decided to stick it out until we got the kill. I felt bad it took us so long to get him his kill.

I agree going for two swords was fun for a while as a novelty, but after lots of wipes I'd rather just get it done and move on to other things. I shouldn't really complain for this round because who knows I probably wouldn't have gotten Thunderlord if we had beaten Crota earlier or something (lolz who knows).

You got one on the first kill we did, someone else got a Crux. I gave a shout out about it at the time but you probably didn't hear me since my mic/Internet was so shitty at the time.

Wow I didn't even notice someone got that sweet Crux. The only weapon I am missing in this game right now is the Necro-Trash Vanity-Weapon.

Deku Tree

Lolz IGN Destiny Podcast "fireteam chat" is telling people at the start of their "Gjallarhorn" episode that Fatebringer drops on Templar both normal and hard.

Stop telling your listeners things you don't know (and are wrong about)!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Heh, same here, just started leveling it 2 days ago, on the last 4 bubbles now. Was hoping to have it maxed by tomorrow for arc burn. Universal remote is up next, then red death, and my bad jujster.

Meh, I have had mine maxed for months and hardly ever use it. Arc burns is about it, and even then, there are usually better options.
There are better options but where's the fun in that? :p I am gonna upgrade all my exotics till the special perk at least before HoW hits. Will max out the great ones obv.

Aesthet1c

Just started playing this again after being gone since November. I have a bounty for Thorn, does anyone know if I get the upgraded version if I complete that? Or do I get the old pre-expansion Thorn since I had the bounty before the expansion.

E92 M3

Was the Fourth Horseman nerf intentional? Thunderer is no better than Full Auto now. It's ROF was the only thing it had going for it.

They said it was an accident I believe. Bungie needs to do another exotic balancing patch, but who knows when they actually will.

Lolz IGN Destiny Podcast "fireteam chat" is telling people at the start of their "Gjallarhorn" episode that Fatebringer drops on Templar both normal and hard.

Stop telling your listeners things you don't know (and are wrong about)!
The day I get that gun is the day that it won't be useful anymore. :-(

#forevernofatebringer

There are better options but where's the fun in that? :p I am gonna upgrade all my exotics till the special perk at least before HoW hits. Will max out the great ones obv.

That's not a bad idea. I am doing similarly. I maxed the few I use all the time and then just to the unique perk on everything else. Still have like 6 guns to go and more if I get them.

I figure if they prove themselves worth it, I will max then out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom