• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice Breaker would be taking up a slot over a much better weapon.

I have no need for it nor do I intend to use it after getting much better snipers.

I think he is just saying to swap for the shank round. They are a separate wave with no other adds. Then swap back.

I will probably give that a shot.

Shito

I think he is just saying to swap for the shank round. They are a separate wave with no other adds. Then swap back.

Yeah, that's what I usually do when I solo Sepiks.
But I may have spoken too quickly about it one shotting them on arc burn... It may need two shots, but it's an easy way to get rid of them without too much risk / burning too much ammo.

What if it's Omnigul on arc burn?

Omnigul was last week, Bungie can't be that shameless in plugging the DLC.

But you never know..

Not when you are soloing it and you're being shot at by 3-4 of them at the same time. And Fatebringer reloads slow when you don't get a precision shot. A quick Gjallarhorn ends all that though.

My Praxic Fire and a dozen grenades will be ready for their solar shields.

noomi

You know what I'm excited about?

Not going to the tower a million times and waiting through loading screens to swap out gear between my 3 characters tomorrow :D

Gun be goooood!

Sullichin

What is this field scout to perfect balance trick you speak of?

Switch to Field Scout. Reload, get 60 magazine. Switch back to Perfect Balance. Now you have 60 magazine with perfect balance. You'll only have 38 when you reload unless you do it again though.

I just stick with field scout

Namikaze1

-__-
I rather use Song of Ir Yut than pull out Ice Breaker from the Vault hell I placed it in. That shit isn't coming out ever again since I no longer find it useful.

While a person with IB is aiming down sights to get the perfect shot, a single quick Gjallarhorn rocket will kill most of the shanks.

Deku Tree

I'm not sure why I even listen to it. It just makes me mad every time.

Yeah they just repeat everything that I already know from the Internet and say wrong things about it because they didn't really pay attention and they try to have "entertaining" opinions about different things. I might stop listening too.

You know what I'm excited about?

Not going to the tower a million times and waiting through loading screens to swap out gear between my 3 characters tomorrow :D

Gun be goooood!

just make sure you don't lose connection or your gear will be lost forever in the cloud

Shito

-__-
I rather use Song of Ir Yut than pull out Ice Breaker from the Vault hell I placed it in. That shit isn't coming out ever again since I no longer find it useful.

While a person with IB is aiming down sights to get the perfect shot, a single quick Gjallarhorn rocket will kill most of the shanks.
I'll probably use my Icebreakers way less once this game finally gifts me a damn Horn... ;___;

-__-

Eh, to each their own. I have IB on all 3 toons. Use it for ammo regen if nothing else. Still find it useful for nearly every encounter.

Ghazi

Fatebringer
Black Hammer (One shot kill Shanks and destroys wizards and spider tank).
Thunderlord (guess Homeboyd can't do this one)

Best loadout NA

i like sepiks and archon priest solo mainly because i don't need to exploit the strike to do it. i just run through it like i normally would, staying mindful of my surroundings and picking off enemies from afar. they feel like campaign missions somewhat. when it comes to the boss fight, i don't think staying at the entrance is "cheesing". i'm still in danger when i poke out.

obviously if you have to run it 3 times, you want to most efficient method of doing it. i just don't want to be bored in the process because it's not like the rewards are worth it.

fuck, i just remembered the fallen skiff during sepiks one shotted me before on arc burn.

Deku Tree

I have three max Icebreaker, two max Horn, and now one Thunderlord.
And I am never transferring them via app because people say they lose things that way, although it seems extremely rare. I'll transfer other stuff probably.

Namikaze1

I have a sniper for every burn that does a much better job than Ice Breaker. I have no need to use one. I tried to go back to it in Januray but the recoil is just terrible on it. I got used to having such low recoil with my other snipers. And the ammo regen seemed slower than I remembered.

And I am never transferring them via app because people say they lose things that way, although it seems extremely rare. I'll transfer other stuff probably.

Same here. Although, if you have 3, no reason to ever transfer.

I got 1 Ghorn and 2 HoC, they are staying put and never moving off their characters. 3 Thunderlords too.

Not going to risk it either, even if it is very small. Glad I don't have too for those weapons.

Deku Tree

I like to go to the room on the left with the stairs,
and then I even go underneath down the stairs and shoot at Septiks from below.

Not a lot of adds come down there to bother you,
but you have to worry about Septiks sucking you in with that melee.

noomi

just make sure you don't lose connection or your gear will be lost forever in the cloud

:eek:

Nah... for reals? Can this happen..... maybe I won't do it then haha. If anything happened to my horn I think that would be it for me.... /end

I dunno. I feel like you lose something when you constantly weapon swap.

Like, I like that my Titan, Warlock and Hunter all feel different when I play as them, and it's not just their grenades and melees. Giving them all different inventories is part of the fun of having multiple classes.

Plus, it's fun to give each of them some random B-tier exotics to play around with. It makes you get creative/experimental sometimes.

Like, my hunter has a maxed Dragon's breath, and I've found it to have it's own uses. But if it was constantly shifting my G'horn around, I wouldn't have ever bothered.

Shito

Sure, I was just wondering since I don't see how it's any different than the ramp.
Yeah, Valus ramp and Sepiks room are about equal in feelings of how you "cheese" a boss or not.
Since the odds are so much stacked against our favors, with the game throwing waves of enemies that can OHKO you, I really don't feel bad at all using these spots to make it through on my own.

Shito

Yeah, I don't know. There isn't a perfect safe spot on that map, probably the least cheesy boss. Sepiks can even drop right in front of the "safe room" and wreck your day.
If you take a few steps back and stay in your corner, he can't see you / "melee" you from here.
But yeah, you do have to play it safe and be patient, because you can easily die in there if you try to rush things, with all those fallens shooting arc stuff and grenades at you...

Sullichin

Has anyone here lost anything via transfer? Under what circumstances?
It's too convenient for me to not use. I will continue using it.

IB was good during this week's weekly since the tank is a pain in the arse and you'll run out of sniper ammo before it goes down.

You'll never run out of sniper ammo if you use BH on the tank, or walker, or Sepiks itself. You will run out of IB ammo every few seconds.

Edit: aww :(

I don't have a Black Hammer, you guys. Pity me.

Nope. Even sent my Gjallarhorn around a few times. Does make me feel a bit better now that I have an extra one though. :p

Lima

I just make sure to only use it

a) when I'm not currently playing the game, like setting up things when I'm at work or out in the public

b)when in Orbit

c)when loaded in a mission/strike/raid and not dead

Seems like the most common issue where people lost something via transfer was when they transfered stuff during the loading screen or when they were dead/during the 6 second wipe countdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom