• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

You'll never run out of sniper ammo if you use BH on the tank, or walker, or Sepiks itself. You will run out of IB ammo every few seconds.

Edit: aww :(
Black Hammer is just so good
Sjwgj7j.gif

This is going to be funny tomorrow when the dataminer turns out to be wrong and all of our back and forth about what weapons to use for arc burn Sepiks becomes meaningless.

But... since we're having the discussion, I'll roll with the following:

1) Fatebringer
2) I have no idea... maybe I'll really piss off my fireteam and roll with an arc shotgun
3) Thunder"lawd" (I guess that's what the cool kids are calling it these days)

don't take my word for it. there were just rumors on reddit about losing something if you lost connection to the app in the moment you were moving it. it ends up in digital limbo.

it's brand new so there's going to be glitches - it's destiny after all. just don't be that guy/girl and lose your ghorn.

Namikaze1

don't take my word for it. there were just rumors on reddit about losing something if you lost connection to the app in the moment you were moving it. it ends up in digital limbo.

it's brand new so there's going to be glitches - it's destiny after all. just don't be that guy/girl and lose your ghorn.
Someone here lost an Oversoul Edict while transferring it through the site. Though they didn't lose connection. If I recall correctly, they said they were in a loading screen in the game but the weapon never showed up in their inventory and it no longer was in the vault.

Someone here lost an Oversoul Edict while transferring it through the site. Though they didn't lose connection. If I recall correctly, they said they were in a loading screen in the game but the weapon never showed up in their inventory and it no longer was in the vault.

yea that also sounds like a bad place to move it.

you can move stuff while you're in crucible no problem though.

Sullichin

h26056D47

It's my favorite sniper rifle to use now. Especially gratifying when you can get Valus over to the hidey-hole and have him just stare at you while blasting him forever in his stupid, tiny head.

Dual Shotguns -> Switch to Black Hammer for the boss is probably the fastest setup for most Roc strikes these days.

Arrrammis

Has anyone here lost anything via transfer? Under what circumstances?
It's too convenient for me to not use. I will continue using it.

There is only one time so far that I've heard of someone losing something, and they went back and tested it to find out exactly when it occurred. It turns out that if you transfer something to your character from the vault while the countdown is going in a darkness zone (i.e. when everyone in your group dies), then that item will be lost. Besides that, I have had no issues at all. Go nuts!

Ambitious

Jesus I almost had a small panic attack. For about the first 30 minutes I got to work today, gaf was being blocked by our companies firewall...

Would have made everyday go by so much slower.

Not the best workaround, but you could have used Google Translate to browse GAF if it's blocked. If you set it to translate from Chinese to English, it obviously won't translate anything and just serve you the site.

Yeah, I've been there.

I think the safest transfers are those from offline character to vault and vice versa. The only times we have heard of stuff being lost is from vault to active online character.

Shito

Here we are talking about tomorrow's Nightfall, loadouts and strategies, but it's still Monday and there's no real reason for me to play tonight, having done everything I wanted to do in the game this week already...

abWldnD.gif

E92 M3

Here we are talking about tomorrow's Nightfall, loadouts and strategies, but it's still Monday and there's no real reason for me to play tonight, having done everything I wanted to do in the game this week already...

abWldnD.gif

It seems like I am one of the few people that prefer playing when there is no goal or anything. Hate having to worry about getting all of the loot and doing everything. I love the chill over the weekend and monday. Tuesday is hectic haha.

Bradach

Has anyone here lost anything via transfer? Under what circumstances?
It's too convenient for me to not use. I will continue using it.

i hear when you're looking at 'the darkness has consumed you' screen is a bad time to use the app to transfer stuff around.

It's still a little weird to be taping away at your phone and then hear the great punchy sound of an exotic hitting your TV!!

Lima

I'm going to the cinema to watch a couple movies now and then I will get home, do some bounties so I can quickly level up HoC in the case I get it tomorrow (lol) and then go on destinylfg and help some groups out with Crota hard. Two sword kill of course. I don't do Ogres.

The Ocho

Neo Member
I've barely been able to raid/play this week. Anyone up for Normal deathsinger -> Crota tonight? Or a full normal run.

Around what time? I have had a hard time finding time to raid this week as well, but i'd like to do at least one before the reset.

Pretty much anytime after 5 and I'll be your huckleberry.

It seems like I am one of the few people that prefer playing when there is no goal or anything. Hate having to worry about getting all of the loot and doing everything. I love the chill over the weekend and monday. Tuesday is hectic haha.

I agree. Usually by myself too. I leveled up 12 items in 2 days doing that.

stb

Baby Warlock is growing up so fast.

Just last night he hit 20 while farming the "new" Venus loot cave (*averts eyes in shame*) and instantly went to 28 due to all the warlock gear the game had foisted upon my titan to date (2 exotic helmets, 2 exotic and 1 purple glove, 2 exotic and 1 purple chest, 1 purple leg, even a purple bond).

SO, my question: given that my warlock cheated his way to 28, his first subclass isn't even maxed. It's been a LONG time since I was not level 30, so are recommended "end game" activities just the following until I can max out his gear (I have plenty of asc shards, just need to grind the bubbles):

• NM Atheon
  • getting carried through NM CE
  • Weekly Heroic
  • Nightfall (mostly carried)

?

LTWood12

Assuming I can get my hunter to 26 tonight (some rare gauntlets would do the trick), would anyone be willing to pull her ass through CE normal this evening? Just the bridge and abyss would be fine.

Lnkn52

Just last night he hit 20 while farming the "new" Venus loot cave (*averts eyes in shame*) and instantly went to 28 due to all the warlock gear the game had foisted upon my titan to date (2 exotic helmets, 2 exotic and 1 purple glove, 2 exotic and 1 purple chest, 1 purple leg, even a purple bond).

SO, my question: given that my warlock cheated his way to 28, his first subclass isn't even maxed. It's been a LONG time since I was not level 30, so are recommended "end game" activities just the following until I can max out his gear (I have plenty of asc shards, just need to grind the bubbles):

• NM Atheon
  • Weekly Heroic

?

What is this cave you speak of, my level 9 Titan needs some loving.

nikos

Anyone doing VoG Normal? Level 26 Warlock (one point away from 27). Would be my first time, but I'm competent.

Dave_6

• NM Atheon
  • Weekly Heroic

?

That's pretty much it, though you could be carried through HM VoG too. Run as many bounties as possible as well as ROC strikes for class mats.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I wish Black Hammer was as awesome in practice as it is in my imagination. I love the weapon, don't get me wrong. The impact is great and it's nice to have a solar sniper that hits as hard as Ice Breaker without taking up an exotic slot. But with 3 rounds in the chamber there's zero margin for error and the errors come a lot in the form of some add interrupting me or the camera shaking from getting shot or my target suddenly moving for some reason at precisely the wrong time. And with the reserve being so small I'm out of ammo if I'm interrupted a few times. So while I love the perk, it only translates into infinite shots under a very narrow set of circumstances. I usually end up keeping an armor-piercing Efrideet in that slot if I need a sniper.

Deku Tree

Land on Venus patrol. Sparrow to the right all the way to the end to the room where you go in the first venus mission that has a servitor in it. Stand far enough back and kill everything in the room with IB or rockets. Enemies respawn every five seconds. Pop ether seeds.

I've never done it and probably never will but it became popular recently. And I think something with the recent patch changed the spawn timer in there.

Shito

Oh I could very well launch the game tonight and do a few bounties or roc strikes and lose myself in it as usual, but as of lately I've started slowing down a bit on the number of hours I spend on this game (in order to, you know, do some other things from time to time ^^). So I now mainly chase down a Horn and a CE chest for my Titan, with the intention of soloing (I love soloing) Crota and then the whole raid with it. I don't burn through all the weekly content on Tuesday, so I still have some 2 or 3 sessions in the week, but on Monday the itching is quite bad. ^^

nOoblet16

My setup for tomorrow

1) Fatebringer
2) Vendor LDR (Blackhammer for walker maybe)
3) Some legendary machine gun I have with arc damage.
I wish Black Hammer was as awesome in practice as it is in my imagination. I love the weapon, don't get me wrong. The impact is great and it's nice to have a solar sniper that hits as hard as Ice Breaker without taking up an exotic slot. But with 3 rounds in the chamber there's zero margin for error and the errors come a lot in the form of some add interrupting me or the camera shaking from getting shot or my target suddenly moving for some reason at precisely the wrong time. And with the reserve being so small I'm out of ammo if I'm interrupted a few times. So while I love the perk, it only translates into infinite shots under a very narrow set of circumstances. I usually end up keeping an armor-piercing Efrideet in that slot if I need a sniper.

You don'tneed to always make sure of the crit, it becomes like any normal sniper in that case. The difference is that Blackhammer hits harder than any of those other normal snipers too, it even hits harder than icebreaker. It's also undeniably the best weapon for big enemies, bosses and knights....especially in raids. You find ammo for it everywhere except when Juggler is on which is the single most annoying modifier because it doesn't makes sure that you get ammo for the other weapons all the time after a kill, so you can't actually "juggle" to fill up your ammo reserve.

Land on Venus patrol. Sparrow to the right all the way to the end to the room where you go in the first venus mission that has a servitor in it. Stand far enough back and kill everything in the room with IB or rockets. Enemies respawn every five seconds. Pop ether seeds.

I've never done it and probably never will but it became popular recently. And I think something with the recent patch changed the spawn timer in there.

That is essentially loot cave 1.0. Wonder how it survived this long.

stb

GOD yes. uploading video now. killed him when the word enraged appeared.

WHEN THE WORD ENRAGED APPEARED.

edit: ...that was so much fucking fun. thank you guys all sincerely.

forewarning, any group of all 32s I wind up in, we are doing it this way from now on.

It should have changed to "NEVERMIND" when he went down.

The impact is great and it's nice to have a solar sniper that hits as hard as Ice Breaker without taking up an exotic slot. So while I love the perk, it only translates into infinite shots under a very narrow set of circumstances.

Hits harder than IB but the bigger advantages are non-exotic and the unique perk. Due to its best in class impact and stagger effect, it has more uses than just strike bosses, I.e. Perfect for draining HM CE Knights health, killing Sword B and Ogres etc. Higher DPS ceiling for Atheon than GHorn especially if everyone is using it so he isn't dancing too much. Plus you can keep the perk rolling with just Immune critics shots, lots of uses honestly. I think it's a very well designed weapon, not OP/broken and requires skill/precision to maximize but the potential is there in spades.

Deku Tree

That is essentially loot cave 1.0. Wonder how it survived this long.

I think it's just good for glimmer and exp, but not so many engrams. So no different from any other glimmer farming spot. And I think something happened with the respawn timer in the most recent patch.

Btw this was like loot cave 2.0 or 3.0 long ago and it was patched back then.

Hits harder than IB but the bigger advantages are non-exotic and the unique perk. Due to its best in class impact and stagger effect, it has more uses than just strike bosses, I.e. Perfect for draining HM CE Knights health, killing Sword B and Ogres etc. Higher DPS ceiling for Atheon than GHorn especially if everyone is using it so he isn't dancing too much. Plus you can keep the perk rolling with just Immune critics shots, lots of uses honestly. I think it's a very well designed weapon, not OP/broken and requires skill/precision to maximize but the potential is there in spades.

Damn, I think I want Black Hammer more than any Exotic I am still looking for. (except maube Red Death, maybe)

willow ve

I think it's just good for glimmer and exp, but not so many engrams. So no different from any other glimmer farming spot. And I think something happened with the respawn timer in the most recent patch.

Btw this was like loot cave 2.0 or 3.0 long ago and it was patched back then.

Maybe they realized people are going to farm no matter how difficult you make it... so just let people farm.

Sullichin

1) Fatebringer
2) Vendor LDR (Blackhammer for walker maybe)
3) Some legendary machine gun I have with arc damage.

You don'tneed to always make sure of the crit, it becomes like any normal sniper in that case. The difference is that Blackhammer hits harder than any of those other normal snipers too, it even hits harder than icebreaker. It's also undeniably the best weapon for big enemies, bosses and knights....especially in raids. You find ammo for it everywhere except when Juggler is on which is the single most annoying modifier because it doesn't makes sure that you get ammo for the other weapons all the time after a kill, so you can't actually "juggle" to fill up your ammo reserve.
It doesn't hit harder than Efrideet's. They have the same impact / ROF and do the same damage. I have one with unflinching / field scout and there are definitely situations where it is a better choice than Black Hammer.
Hammer seems made for the Knights in CE HM with the possibly unintended side effect of making most strike bosses a joke.

noomi

3 chances at a Swordbreaker tomorrow! (and, Crux, but you suck).

Yes, I am excited for a Swordbreaker.

Isn't it funny how the swordbreaker went from one of the worst weapons from the raid to one of the best.

Easily one of my favorite weapons now next to the black hammer.

Deku Tree

If Xur sells helm 14 this weekend I may not buy anymore exotic engrams. After that the only exotic armor left that I want is ruin wings but they often don't work so...

E92 M3

Black Hammer is one of my top 3 favorite weapons in the game. The margin is low, but the reward is worth it. LOVE IT.

And it's harder than IB ;)

I agree. Usually by myself too. I leveled up 12 items in 2 days doing that.

Indeed, nice and relaxing too.

Oh I could very well launch the game tonight and do a few bounties or roc strikes and lose myself in it as usual, but as of lately I've started slowing down a bit on the number of hours I spend on this game (in order to, you know, do some other things from time to time ^^). So I now mainly chase down a Horn and a CE chest for my Titan, with the intention of soloing (I love soloing) Crota and then the whole raid with it. I don't burn through all the weekly content on Tuesday, so I still have some 2 or 3 sessions in the week, but on Monday the itching is quite bad. ^^

What are other things you speak of?
I did finish House of Cards yesterday; love the show.

dB Viper

Isn't it funny how the swordbreaker went from one of the worst weapons from the raid to one of the best.

Easily one of my favorite weapons now next to the black hammer.

Haha, yeah, pretty crazy how things change. I wanted it for collection purposes before the shotty patch. Now, I want it so I can wreck things.

Will solo NM 3x for a chance at it. Hopefully it'll finally drop.

At this point, HM is more of a pain than it is fun, so I don't know how many more times I'll try for the Crux.

If Xur sells helm 14 this weekend I may not buy anymore exotic engrams. After that the only exotic armor left that I want is ruin wings but they often don't work so...

It is one hell of a relief not worrying about exotic armour drops anymore. If Xur sells one with substantially better stats I will bite, but engrams definitely not.

I looked at the leaked next 2 weeks and everything is a worse roll compared to the armour I have except for Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter) by about 10 points, not worth the coins.

Now if I could get Red Death and 4th Horseman to drop I can stop worrying about exotic weapon drops until House of Wolves!

stb

http://youtu.be/aKnwx2WrA5Y?t=1m1s

Ran it for about an hour the other day on my titan alone with Ice Breaker. 14k glimmer while popping seeds, probably 20 blue engrams, one purple.

You need a few people with IB or rockets to do it efficiently.

That's pretty much it, though you could be carried through HM VoG too. Run as many bounties as possible as well as ROC strikes for class mats.

PROBABLY gonna farm the above cave for mats. Way, way, way more efficient than running strikes.

Skele7on

Banned
anyone around for

A) Gorgon Chest
B) IR YUT kills?
C) Crota HM Kills?

I have too much to do need checkpoints (have done NOTHING) this week.

Damn, I think I want Black Hammer more than any Exotic I am still looking for. (except maube Red Death, maybe)

Yeah it feels more like an exotic than a raid weapon honestly, in a good way of course. I'd probably take RD over BH if forced to choose but it would be very very close, and only because of HM CE sword running.

And I have a funny story about that Gorgon CP you shared, want to upload a gif or something but laptop is busted now, I'll do it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom