• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hits harder than IB but the bigger advantages are non-exotic and the unique perk. Due to its best in class impact and stagger effect, it has more uses than just strike bosses, I.e. Perfect for draining HM CE Knights health, killing Sword B and Ogres etc. Higher DPS ceiling for Atheon than GHorn especially if everyone is using it so he isn't dancing too much. Plus you can keep the perk rolling with just Immune critics shots, lots of uses honestly. I think it's a very well designed weapon, not OP/broken and requires skill/precision to maximize but the potential is there in spades.

I agree it's great. Im just saying that getting White Nail over and over again isn't as easy as some make it out to be. It often requires a very specific set of circumstances and if you're using it in a situation where you can't get white nail the ammo reserve becomes an issue I think.

I havent played Destiny in a couple of days since it was my bday weekend, and I had a dream last night Xur sold Helm, Chest and Gauntlet Engrams for 13 Strange Coins.

STRANGE COINS!

E92 M3

Hope you get it soon! It more than lives up to it's name now, lol

Until then, Mr. Felwinter's lies have been keeping occupied. I do want it. Been wanting it.

I have been using either Swordbreaker or Secret Handshake along with Universal Remote in my primary slot for ridiculous shotgun action.

If tomorrow is Arc I will be rocking UR and SH and then Song of Ir Yut.

How's UR maxed? You like it?

Around what time? I have had a hard time finding time to raid this week as well, but i'd like to do at least one before the reset.

Pretty much anytime after 5 and I'll be your huckleberry.

5pm what timezone? I'll be playing all night. Have 2x weeklies and 2x DS->Crota to do so it'll work

LTWood12

If you can hit 27, I'll roll through it with you. We can probably get enough people together just to do the whole thing if you want.

I need two HM Crota kills tonight if anyone is interested. I don't have a checkpoint though.

Thanks! I'll ride the Tiger/Roc train tonight and will hopefully get there in short order. If you need another body for HM Crota I'm glad to help (w/ my 32 characters obvs).

Until then, Mr. Felwinter's lies have been keeping occupied. I do want it. Been wanting it.

How's UR maxed? You like it?

It isn't anything special, except for it being a primary shotgun and I can be rocking two shotguns and once.

So I can easily switch to it if I am reloading Swordbreaker and such. Invective is probably a bit better since it has a solar burn and full auto, but then I can't have two equipped at once.

I agree it's great. Im just saying that getting White Nail over and over again isn't as easy as some make it out to be. It often requires a very specific set of circumstances and if you're using it in a situation where you can't get white nail the ammo reserve becomes an issue I think.
It's certainly not easy to get White Nail to activate, which to me is the best way to have the risk/reward setup with these types of weapons. You almost have to coordinate with your teammates and let them know you have it for stuff like stun-locking bosses. Phogoth tummyshots and Arkon Priest headshots will throw off your cadence if other people are shooting at them as well.

If you can hit 27, I'll roll through it with you. We can probably get enough people together just to do the whole thing if you want.

I need two HM Crota kills tonight if anyone is interested. I don't have a checkpoint though.

I'd be down for a NM run! I could also use a HM Crota kill or two. I have the CP.

I've hit the proverbial wall in Destiny where I have little need/desire to play.

I have all currently available exotic weapons, VoG weapons and CE weapons maxed. I have 23 of 27 exotic armors, 3 of which aren't maxed as the stats are bad and I'm waiting for rerolls.

It kind of sucks because I love the game and want to play but literally have nothing to do that would advance me other than grinding crucible to further up my grim score. I'll be on tomorrow for reset to do NF/weeklies but that's kind of it. Sucks DLC2 is so far away. :(

#1stWorldProblems

dB Viper

I've hit the proverbial wall in Destiny where I have little need/desire to play.

I have all currently available exotic weapons, VoG weapons and CE weapons maxed. I have 23 of 27 exotic armors, 3 of which aren't maxed as the stats are bad and I'm waiting for rerolls.

It kind of sucks because I love the game and want to play but literally have nothing to do that would advance me other than grinding crucible to further up my grim score. I'll be on tomorrow for reset to do NF/weeklies but that's kind of it. Sucks DLC2 is so far away. :(

#1stWorldProblems

Yeah, March 10th (or whatever date it was) would have been so perfect.

http://youtu.be/aKnwx2WrA5Y?t=1m1s

Ran it for about an hour the other day on my titan alone with Ice Breaker. 14k glimmer while popping seeds, probably 20 blue engrams, one purple.

You need a few people with IB or rockets to do it efficiently.

PROBABLY gonna farm the above cave for mats. Way, way, way more efficient than running strikes.

I haven't done this, but I don't think anything is better than glimmer farming GKs and buying green helmets. It's probably a better use of your time, especially now that you can pretty much solo it with shotguns.

Lol...I'm at work and just saw this. He could have switched to my account and given you the checkpoint.

Haha nice. It worked out for the best, need to post the humorous outcome...

I've had a few funny interactions with both your kids recently, like "2-manning" normal DSinger w Sandwhich the other day, I.e. He'd run off and die and I eventually solo'ed it, lol.

Are there any hunter capes that don't cover the hind quarters besides the default? Less is more IMO

u perv

what about the first cloak that doesn't have a hood?

http://youtu.be/1SYLdnmlNtEYou guys see Datto's latest video? It's like an application to work as Raid Boss designer at Bungie.
blrg.gif

Haha nice. It worked out for the best, need to post the humorous outcome...

I've had a few funny interactions with both your kids recently, like "2-manning" normal DSinger w Sandwhich the other day, I.e. He'd run off and die and I eventually solo'ed it, lol.

Lol.. that sounds about right. He's like a puppy, and gets distracted very easily. Most of the time he spends in Destiny is spent glitching out of the maps.

Why? Its a 26lv raid It would make the new raids pointless if they update the old weapon damage like they did with the exotics to match the new damage

Not if they design the raid such that the new Raid weapon raid perk is a real game changer.

Oracle Disruptor is a critical perk for VoG making non raid weapons tangibly inferior on Level 30 mode, even if they are 331.

Hive Disruptor is a dud and hardly makes a difference.

Whatever The Arena brings could make all the difference if the Raid is designed well.

Hiko

Banned
Just unlocked the perk on Invective. This thing is now the Ice Breaker of shotguns. It already did the most DPS anyway. Regen ammo on top of that? Damn. This thing will probably be my go to exotic from now on.

Yeah, March 10th (or whatever date it was) would have been so perfect.

Tell me about it.

Why? Its a 26lv raid It would make the new raids pointless if they update the old weapon damage like they did with the exotics to match the new damage

In what way? The weapons from VoG and CE are quite different and I wouldn't think "Pfft, fuck CE weapons" just because I had 331 VoG weapons. Most hardcore players would lap up both raids to get their collections up to scratch (i'd wager).

Deku Tree

It is one hell of a relief not worrying about exotic armour drops anymore. If Xur sells one with substantially better stats I will bite, but engrams definitely not.

I looked at the leaked next 2 weeks and everything is a worse roll compared to the armour I have except for Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter) by about 10 points, not worth the coins.

Now if I could get Red Death and 4th Horseman to drop I can stop worrying about exotic weapon drops until House of Wolves!

You motivated me to repost my list again now that I got some more stuff.

Deku’s Destiny Exotics Progress Report March. 2 Edition

Exotics armor I am missing that I actually want

Helm St 14
Ruin Wings

Exotics armor that I don't have (I don't care)

The Armamentarium
Knucklehead Radar

Exotic Weapons that I don't have (I don't care at all)

Necrochasm

Everything else I have... I have three max Icebreaker and two max Ballerhorn… I wouldn't mind getting 1 more Gjallarhorn but whatever... I also have two Hawkmoons but I might destroy one... IDK yet.

Gotten March 1 2015 From Crota Thunderlord
Gotten Feb 24 2015 From Atheon Second Ballerhorn
Gotten Feb 21 2015 From Xur Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Gotten Feb 13 2015 From Xur Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)

I get lots of dups too. I currently have 27 Exotic Shards and I never bought one from Xur.

Deku’s Crota End Raid list of loot that I have gotten and not destroyed Feb. 27 Edition:

Abyss Defiant = 3
Oversoul Edict = 1

Word of Crota = 3
Fang of Ir Yut = 2

Light Of the Abyss = 3
Swordbreaker = 3
Black Hammer = 3
Song of Ir Yut = 3
Hunger of Crota = 2

Crux of Crota = 0

Cryptographic Shader = 3
Light in the Abyss = 3
Glowhoo Shader = 3
Bane of Dark Gods = 2
S-13 Graverobber = 1

Bone Circlet = 1
Shroud of Flies = 1
Mark of the Pit = 1

If I have the chance I will keep three of every raid weapon, one on each toon, and probably only one Nechrochasm, and maybe an extra Crux if I get it ever. (Yes I know about the new app switching and I don't care. I didn't say I maxed all the dups, although I did to some of them.)

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm done. I'm so done with PvP or at least Rumble. They added some absolutely awful headshot sound effect when you get killed by one and not only is it by it's very nature pointless and useless, it sounds like my sound system is freaking failing. I'm not doing this anymore. Besides that, the fact that PvP is either easy mode or completely impossible for some reason. There's no happy medium for me. Maybe I'll play some Clash or something but only because I'm grinding out for a new Hand Cannon since my TDYK is showing it's age. And besides all that, marks take for freaking ever to get compared to how quickly they flow for Vanguard ones.

t0rment

it's there a fast way to farm vanguard reputation? i need about 500 to get my first legendary, already got the marks but the points are so hard to get.

Cruxist

it's there a fast way to farm vanguard reputation? i need about 500 to get my first legendary, already got the marks but the points are so hard to get.

Bounties and missions on planets. Just make sure you don't have a faction specific class item on.

Deku Tree

Do all the bounties every day. You can get 100 rep or 50 rep each depending upon the bounty. Plus the Nightfall bonus if you did that too. Takes less than two days of bounties to get 500 rep.

The weekly Heroic also gives you some vanguard rep. The daily story mission gives you vanguard rep. The ROC strike playlist gives you vanguard rep per strike too.

After bounties, if your still in a rush and don't want to wait until tomorrow, you can grind patrol missions. VIP target missions give 25 rep. Regular missions give 10 rep each. This is the fastest grindiest booringest never ending supply of vanguard rep.

Mindlog

Did you know? You can shoot the mines dropped by Fallen Skifffs.
Trying to shoot as many of them as possible is like mini duck hunt.
3 chances at a Swordbreaker tomorrow! (and, Crux, but you suck).

Yes, I am excited for a Swordbreaker.
Seems like the DPS is competing with Gjallarhorn. I wonder how long this lasts.

Dave_6

Did you know? You can shoot the mines dropped by Fallen Skifffs.
Trying to shoot as many of them as possible is like mini duck hunt.

Seems like the DPS is competing with Gjallarhorn. I wonder how long this lasts.

Shotguns at close range should be brutal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom