• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

If you can hit 27, I'll roll through it with you. We can probably get enough people together just to do the whole thing if you want.

I need two HM Crota kills tonight if anyone is interested. I don't have a checkpoint though.

I'd be down for a NM run! I could also use a HM Crota kill or two. I have the CP.

Could my baby warlock (28) tag along? He can borrow his big brother's guns, but probably just just baggage. No worries if you'd rather not have another body to carry.

Shirow

Banned
Anyone about to run any raids soon? I'm interested in doing crota, only done once. I have 3 level 30's. Or nightfall as well.

Is there a TL;DR (or in this case TL;DW) anywhere? 20 min? No I don't have that time right now (or ever) for Datto. :p

In any case it is no secret that Datto would do just about anything to get a job at Bungie working beneath Deej.
I think Datto has a gaf account. Pretty sure I have seen someone with his name post before in the Destiny thread.

If anyone is running Crota today, I need to do Deathsinger and Crota on my Warlock.

Great! I should be free after 8EST if that works for you guys.

Sorry, 5pm eastern. I forgot that timezones are a thing.

Retro, if you don't mind doing a full run we will be running one tonight. Hows 815pm EST work for yall? I can run sword unless anyone wants

Normal Scrota shenanigans

1) old scrub
2) Ocho
3) captscience
4) berried_treasure
5) shiki
6)

Just unlocked the perk on Invective. This thing is now the Ice Breaker of shotguns. It already did the most DPS anyway. Regen ammo on top of that? Damn. This thing will probably be my go to exotic from now on.

Regen is not as effective as IB though, 4 rounds every 30 seconds which is eternity when you need ammo. And ammo goes into your reserve so you'll waste further time reloading it.

stb

I haven't done this, but I don't think anything is better than glimmer farming GKs and buying green helmets. It's probably a better use of your time, especially now that you can pretty much solo it with shotguns.

With a full group, it's supposedly faster for glimmer than GK (~90 glimmer every 5 seconds with ether seeds). I haven't tested it in a real group, though, and I don't think anyone here has confirmed or refuted.

The other perks are:
- not needing a CP
- accessible for any level
- faster engram acquisition than grinding ROC
- assuming it IS faster than GK, you're both afloat in engrams AND earning money, not earning money to buy engrams

joecanada

I'm done. I'm so done with PvP or at least Rumble. They added some absolutely awful headshot sound effect when you get killed by one and not only is it by it's very nature pointless and useless, it sounds like my sound system is freaking failing. I'm not doing this anymore. Besides that, the fact that PvP is either easy mode or completely impossible for some reason. There's no happy medium for me. Maybe I'll play some Clash or something but only because I'm grinding out for a new Hand Cannon since my TDYK is showing it's age. And besides all that, marks take for freaking ever to get compared to how quickly they flow for Vanguard ones.

ya crucible you have to play for the love not for the money lol, there is no good rewards. it's weird but since the patch I see zero difference in pvp... I went online with a red death the other day, did okay then wrecked with my good old thorn.
used my plug one fusion rifle, wrecked everyone up close. got wrecked by mostly shotguns in close.
exactly the same. patch did nothing.

PVE - used my bad juju for a while, switched to fatebringer, fatebringer is still superior. tried scouts , nope still fatebringer.

E92 M3

Shotguns are finally where they should be for PVE. Still a ton of risk associate with using them. Especially in nightfall.

t0rment

Bounties and missions on planets. Just make sure you don't have a faction specific class item on.

Do all the bounties every day. You can get 100 rep or 50 rep each depending upon the bounty. Plus the Nightfall bonus if you did that too. Takes less than two days of bounties to get 500 rep.

The weekly Heroic also gives you some vanguard rep. The daily story mission gives you vanguard rep. The ROC strike playlist gives you vanguard rep per strike too.

After bounties, if your still in a rush and don't want to wait until tomorrow, you can grind patrol missions. VIP target missions give 25 rep. Regular missions give 10 rep each. This is the fastest grindiest booringest never ending supply of vanguard rep.

it seems i'm gonna be doing some patrols then, i'm still 23 so i can't do the nightfall yet.

RetroMG

Retro, if you don't mind doing a full run we will be running one tonight. Hows 815pm EST work for yall? I can run sword unless anyone wants

1) old scrub
2) Ocho
3) captscience
4) RetroGamer
5)
6)

I don't think I'm going to be available in the evening. Thanks anyway, though!

Sullichin

I've been using a lot of legendary primaries in Crucible lately so Invective is getting lots of use again. It was and still is one of the best bladedancer killers in the game.

Could my baby warlock (28) tag along? He can borrow his big brother's guns, but probably just just baggage. No worries if you'd rather not have another body to carry.

1) old scrub
2) Ocho
3) captscience
4) stb
5)
6)

We should be able to carry your 28 without much issue. Any objections?

Sullichin

Yes it is fantastic. Probably the best primary CE raid weapon.

The uh..fang.. that blocks the ammo counter in the middle of the weapon is bizarre. I hate that there's an ammo counter there still.

Mine's not maxed but I don't really love the Fang yet. I think I prefer the slower ROF/higher impact like Badger/Gheleon's for Scout rifles. I like that it does arc damage. Target mark seems useless. Good thing you can pick Spray and Play instead but that's no Outlaw

Target marker perk is most OP perk, way better than scrubby Wolf Pack rounds. FINALLY I CAN SEE THE ENEMIES.

UMJyBFr.png

Deku Tree

The uh..fang.. that blocks the ammo counter in the middle of the weapon is bizarre. I hate that there's an ammo counter there still.

Mine's not maxed but I don't really love the Fang yet. I think I prefer the slower ROF/higher impact like Badger/Gheleon's for Scout rifles. I like that it does arc damage. Target mark seems useless.

Oh yeah I choose "spray and play" instead. I don't use target mark, that perk is horrible.

To me, the Fang is like the VoC with better perks.

Sullichin

Oh yeah I choose "spray and play" instead. I don't use target mark, that perk is horrible.

To me, the Fang is like the VoC with better perks.

I still need Field Scout, Third Eye and Hive Disruptor. I guess going from 15->27 per mag with more damage to Hive majors will be pretty sweet. About to put 6 bounties + telemetry into it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Spray And Play + High Caliber Rounds on Fang is so good. The third eye is great for unpredictable situations and Nightfalls.

Arrrammis

Yup.

Datto
Total Posts: 18 (0.06 posts per day)

*Looks at posting history*
Yup, one single post since the beta/alpha days, which was only to complain about the weekly update format.

Datto was awesome in the alpha and beta time, displaying info and updates, looking into the weapons, showing story stuff. Now it feels like he just posts either rant videos or challenges that he and his raid group did, adopting a condescending tone through the whole thing.

Target marker perk is most OP perk, way better than scrubby Wolf Pack rounds. FINALLY I CAN SEE THE ENEMIES.

For all the shit target mark gets, I'm actually beginning to like it.

My wife and I always play PvP together, and we both use our Fangs for most of it.

It's like this giant "hey, here is an easy kill" billboard floating above their head.

It takes a few matches to get used to, but eventually your brain trains itself to always shoot the marked guy first.

Works really well too because its not a proper debuff, and people don't know they are marked. So they will crouch behind objects that aren't very tall, and give themselves away unknowingly.

joecanada

My wife and I always play PvP together, and we both use our Fangs for most of it.

It's like this giant "hey, here is an easy kill" billboard floating above their head.

It takes a few matches to get used to, but eventually your brain trains itself to always shoot the marked guy first.

Works really well too because its not a proper debuff, and people don't know they are marked. So they will crouch behind objects that aren't very tall, and give themselves away unknowingly.

yeah would have been a bit better with some sort of burn, should have been a poison burn like thorn or something... marked and blur vision a bit or something...

Deku Tree

Target mark is 100% a PvP perk and essentially totally useless in PvE. If your playing something easy in PvE then it doesn't matter, and if your playing the CE raid and your looking for the sword bearer then everyone talks about the location so useless.

Did you know? You can shoot the mines dropped by Fallen Skifffs.
Trying to shoot as many of them as possible is like mini duck hunt.

Seems like the DPS is competing with Gjallarhorn. I wonder how long this lasts.

I wonder how long red death in the crucible lasts. It's so good. I think they'll nerf the Unflinching perk on it cause that's the best thing about red death

I think the Crota pulse rifle is garbage. The scout rifle is too. I really don't understand how everyone just doesn't use hand cannons.

Auto rifles are garbage too.

Is there a TL;DR (or in this case TL;DW) anywhere? 20 min? No I don't have that time right now (or ever) for Datto. :p

In any case it is no secret that Datto would do just about anything to get a job at Bungie working beneath Deej.

Cyclops in middle of room, limited and destructible cover, boss has two main attacks that randomly target certain team members (blasts, laser beams, laser walls that circle room and force movement). Floor can be electrified. Every 20% HP lost, boss is immune until you kill a Praetorian and take an object it drops to opposite side of room to plug it in, more team members carrying makes it go faster, one person is very slow, randomized maze spawns that you must navigate with object.

Some variations for Hard mode and an additional Challenge mode. Hard mode has bonus phase where full body emerges from ground and runs around when you think cyclops is dead. Focus on more mechanical complexity, being cheese proof, etc. Honestly a pretty good idea, as far as hypothetical nonsense goes (even if I like my Crota: A Link to the Past Edition nonsense design better, haha).

He has a 7 min video comparing VoG and CE that gets a lot of stuff right, like understanding you need to do Atheon at Lv29 with 300 Atk weapons to fairly compare it to Scrota at Lv32 with 331 weapons. Although it does get some stuff way wrong, like excusing CE simplicity as "thematic" since Hive are dumb and Vex are smart... Hate that cop out. Scrota can create his own dimension but can't come up with anything more creative to protect himself than "only sword hurts"? Total bs. CE is simple because they ran out of production time and money, end of story.

LordofPwn

Why does rumble suck so much? Trying to max my grimoire and im at like 32 rumble wins. It's either get spawned in the middle of everyone, or get spawned with no one even remotely close, or get matched with people that are lagging like crazy. At best i can hope for winning maybe 1 out of every 3 and thats if i don't get spawned into a match that's halfway over. but when i do win i slaughter the other people and then they all leave after...

only need like 7 more skirmish wins though and then salvage every chance i get. i love that mode with at least 1 teammate.

So I went ahead and rerolled my warlock. Ditched the male Exo in favor of the Awoken female.

Was already disappointed that the stupid bugged ghost in the skywatch still wasn't there. I'd heard that was a possible way to trigger it to spawn. :(

Anyway, after I hit level 3, I decided to jump into the crucible. Using terrible weapons. The results went a lot better than I expected. You can tell I'm not used to the default jump at the beginning, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyKVjIZY8E

https://destinytracker.com/dg/1960305439

It seems like I am one of the few people that prefer playing when there is no goal or anything. Hate having to worry about getting all of the loot and doing everything. I love the chill over the weekend and monday. Tuesday is hectic haha.

I don't need anything anymore so I just do whatever the fuck I want. I think I have one hard Crota this week and that was cause I was helping a friend and no atheon kills. I do nightfall cause I like weapons and I'm praying for a good legendary so I'll have something new to kill shit with. It's liberating in a way but I really hope we get some new exotics soon

I noticed people seem to like it - and I just don't get it.

VoC is totally superior when it comes to solar primaries imo.

I haven't used it since the nerf but I'm guessing the low RoF means it was hit pretty hard. Might not be better than VoC but it's good and provides a little variety. That's why I was using it at least. Plus the Wizards getting stunned is fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom