• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Cyclops in middle of room, limited and destructible cover, boss has two main attacks that randomly target certain team members (blasts, laser beams, laser walls that circle room and force movement). Floor can be electrified. Every 20% HP lost, boss is immune until you kill a Praetorian and take an object it drops to opposite side of room to plug it in, more team members carrying makes it go faster, one person is very slow, randomized maze spawns that you must navigate with object.

Some variations for Hard mode and an additional Challenge mode. Hard mode has bonus phase where full body emerges from ground and runs around when you think cyclops is dead. Focus on more mechanical complexity, being cheese proof, etc. Honestly a pretty good idea, as far as hypothetical nonsense goes (even if I like my Crota: A Link to the Past Edition nonsense design better, haha).

He has a 7 min video comparing VoG and CE that gets a lot of stuff right, like understanding you need to do Atheon at Lv29 with 300 Atk weapons to fairly compare it to Scrota at Lv32 with 331 weapons. Although it does get some stuff way wrong, like excusing CE simplicity as "thematic" since Hive are dumb and Vex are smart... Hate that cop out. Scrota can create his own dimension but can't come up with anything more creative to protect himself than "only sword hurts"? Total bs. CE is simple because they ran out of production time and money, end of story.

I liked your Crota: A Link to the Past Edition design better than what you described of Datto's idea too.

I find game design mysterious. Any player can think up an encounter design or a whole game design that sounds cool in practice but actually thinking up something that (1) can be accomplished with a resonable budget and (2) is fun to play to a large majority of players (in PvE groups over the internet) and (3) feels new and exciting is a whole different thing IMO. Seems like there is a lot that you need to know about the particulars of game development before you can really think seriously about it.

Deku Tree

So I went ahead and rerolled my warlock. Ditched the male Exo in favor of the Awoken female.

I thought about doing that once... then I realized that I would have to re-grind two subclasses, and vanguard rep, and crucible rep, and faction rep, and etc, and then I changed my mind.

He has a 7 min video comparing VoG and CE that gets a lot of stuff right, like understanding you need to do Atheon at Lv29 with 300 Atk weapons to fairly compare it to Scrota at Lv32 with 331 weapons. Although it does get some stuff way wrong, like excusing CE simplicity as "thematic" since Hive are dumb and Vex are smart... Hate that cop out. Scrota can create his own dimension but can't come up with anything more creative to protect himself than "only sword hurts"? Total bs. CE is simple because they ran out of production time and money, end of story.

That is another issue with Crota. VoG Hard was balanced around level 30 groups. Crota was made doable at 32 and will be stupid easy when we have 33+ Swordbearers.

LordofPwn

So I went ahead and rerolled my warlock. Ditched the male Exo in favor of the Awoken female.

Was already disappointed that the stupid bugged ghost in the skywatch still wasn't there. I'd heard that was a possible way to trigger it to spawn. :(

Anyway, after I hit level 3, I decided to jump into the crucible. Using terrible weapons. The results went a lot better than I expected. You can tell I'm not used to the default jump at the beginning, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyKVjIZY8E

https://destinytracker.com/dg/1960305439
You still can't get the one in skywatch? could have sworn they patched that awhile ago. it was glitched for me for the longest time but they patched it and i could grab it and the one on mars.

Deku Tree

I hope they allow us to change our character's attributes in the future haha. I want mine to go through a sex change.

Yeah sometimes I would like to change my characters appearance and I realize I can't without re-rolling them and then I think about how my toons are always wearing armor anyway except in the tower.

I thought about doing that once... then I realized that I would have to re-grind two subclasses, and vanguard rep, and crucible rep, and faction rep, and etc, and then I changed my mind.

Except what do I need Vanguard/Crucible/Faction rep for? I have everything I want already. I'll probably get my rep back accidentally. The sub-classes part does suck, but oh well.

You still can't get the one in skywatch? could have sworn they patched that awhile ago. it was glitched for me for the longest time but they patched it and i could grab it and the one on mars.

Nope. I've never been able to get it. It just doesn't spawn for me. I don't think they ever said that specifically was fixed. They mentioned the Mars subway one by name, but not this one, I don't think.

Yeah sometimes I would like to change my characters appearance and I realize I can't without re-rolling them and then I think about how my toons are always wearing armor anyway except in the tower.

Yea and as you said, you not only all your rep but your stats with everything. I couldn't do it.

vctor182

Maxed out fatebringer and unlocked the Patience & Time perk for the P&T . I'm ready for tomorrow's reset. Also, the hype behind Fatebringer is real, greatest legendary Hand Cannon of the game

Thanks! I'll ride the Tiger/Roc train tonight and will hopefully get there in short order. If you need another body for HM Crota I'm glad to help (w/ my 32 characters obvs).

I'd be down for a NM run! I could also use a HM Crota kill or two. I have the CP.

I have a Crota HM cp.

Cool. I'll be on around 530 or 6pm central. I'll roll through some ROC strikes if that's what you're doing around then. I need to level up my 3LW and Secret Handshake.

GKW212 is my PSN for anyone that doesn't have it.

You obviously haven't been playing much multi. This is the first time I've thought about putting the game down, at least on the multi side. People with Found Verdict just run straight at you and you can't kill them in time. People running around entire maps with only their shotguns, getting first place. The shotgun range nerf is a complete lie.

Yeah that's what I was saying earlier. Shotguns everywhere

Does the shotty range nerf apply for the rangefinder as well?

Got killed with a green (uncommon) copperhead with rangefinder from across the room yesterday

ich00

Is anyone going to be around later (9pm EST) to help me get hm Crota one last time before reset? 3 different LFG groups last night over almost 3 hours couldn't get it done. I've had the most success with GAF groups, so I'd rather go that route tonight. I have the cp, just will need a group (with a swordbearer).

1. me (ichabod00)

Maxed out fatebringer and unlocked the Patience & Time perk for the P&T . I'm ready for tomorrow's reset. Also, the hype behind Fatebringer is real, greatest legendary Hand Cannon of the game

I'd say it's the best HC in the game, period. You could make a case for Hawkmoon, but I still think the perks on the FB are superior.

Sucks it'll be stuck at 300 damage and will become less and less relevant in PvE.

LTWood12

Cool. I'll be on around 530 or 6pm central. I'll roll through some ROC strikes if that's what you're doing around then. I need to level up my 3LW and Secret Handshake.

GKW212 is my PSN for anyone that doesn't have it.

Sounds good! I probably won't be able to get on until around 8 CST, but if you're around I'll shoot you an invite.

cilonen

Seems like the DPS is competing with Gjallarhorn. I wonder how long this lasts.

You've given me an idea....

5 Titans, 5 titan bubbles mixed between BoL and WoL, 5 shotguns, 1 hunter and 1 Crota.

Shotgun shield drop; hunter runs in; stab, stab, stab; shotgun, shotgun, shotgun; stab, stab, win.

SAiLO

Is anyone going to be around later (9pm EST) to help me get hm Crota one last time before reset? 3 different LFG groups last night over almost 3 hours couldn't get it done. I've had the most success with GAF groups, so I'd rather go that route tonight. I have the cp, just will need a group (with a swordbearer).

1. me (ichabod00)
2. SAiLO

Count me in

I'm done. I'm so done with PvP or at least Rumble. They added some absolutely awful headshot sound effect when you get killed by one and not only is it by it's very nature pointless and useless, it sounds like my sound system is freaking failing. I'm not doing this anymore. Besides that, the fact that PvP is either easy mode or completely impossible for some reason. There's no happy medium for me. Maybe I'll play some Clash or something but only because I'm grinding out for a new Hand Cannon since my TDYK is showing it's age. And besides all that, marks take for freaking ever to get compared to how quickly they flow for Vanguard ones.
You'll put up with the abysmal announcer but not the sound effects?

also don't quit before trying Inferno mode tomorrow!

The Ocho

Neo Member
Retro, if you don't mind doing a full run we will be running one tonight. Hows 815pm EST work for yall? I can run sword unless anyone wants

Normal Scrota shenanigans

1) old scrub
2) Ocho
3) captscience
4) berried_treasure
5) shiki
6)

Any interest in doing it twice? My warlock and titan both need it or at least the back half of it.

Could my baby warlock (28) tag along? He can borrow his big brother's guns, but probably just just baggage. No worries if you'd rather not have another body to carry.

I don't see why it would be a problem. I'll be using a 32 and if we can get a couple more 31-32 guys, we shouldn't have a problem rolling through it.

Colonel... Nilla... we've three-manned Crota plenty, if you're around and want to beat up some Crota, let me know.

Shito

You've given me an idea....

5 Titans, 5 titan bubbles mixed between BoL and WoL, 5 shotguns, 1 hunter and 1 Crota.

Shotgun shield drop; hunter runs in; stab, stab, stab; shotgun, shotgun, shotgun; stab, stab, win.
A group already beat CE (the whole raid) with only shotguns. There was a video of it running around this topic yesterday or the day before.
You can't just drop his shield with shotguns like that, though: they were using invisibility to get close to him, and unleash their shotguns all at once. Otherwise you would probably get someone to die because of his sword...

"Gained. The. Lead"

Seriously, it sound's like some guy's internal monologue on tasks he needs to complete to successfully take his dog for a walk.

I just seriously miss the excitement and adrenaline you get from

"Double Kill"
"Triple Kill!"
"Overkill!"
"Killtacular!"
"Killing Spree"
"Killing Frenzy!"
etc...

cilonen

A group already beat CE (the whole raid) with only shotguns. There was a video of it running around this topic yesterday or the day before.
You can't just drop his shield with shotguns like that, though: they were using invisibility to get close to him, and unleash their shotguns all at once. Otherwise you would probably get someone to die because of his sword...

Ah damn. Beaten to it.

Any interest in doing it twice? My warlock and titan both need it or at least the back half of it.
Yea I could do it twice. I'm sure some people here won't and if that's the case we can get more people for the 2nd run easily.

We could save deathsinger so we can do full run, then another deathsinger->Crota

I'm done. I'm so done with PvP or at least Rumble. They added some absolutely awful headshot sound effect when you get killed by one and not only is it by it's very nature pointless and useless, it sounds like my sound system is freaking failing. I'm not doing this anymore. Besides that, the fact that PvP is either easy mode or completely impossible for some reason. There's no happy medium for me. Maybe I'll play some Clash or something but only because I'm grinding out for a new Hand Cannon since my TDYK is showing it's age. And besides all that, marks take for freaking ever to get compared to how quickly they flow for Vanguard ones.
I generally like crucible a lot but I know it'll be a lousy match if its a bunch of hunters running blink and shotties. Perfect rolls on shotties need a nerf, but stealth blink hunters need a nerf more. I can't watch radar to know they're closing, and blink is the best PvP jump in the game. Normally shotties just mean I have to be more conservative and defensive which is OK meta imo but I don't have a counter to blink shottie at all. Really frustrating.

Cruxist

http://youtu.be/1SYLdnmlNtEYou guys see Datto's latest video? It's like an application to work as Raid Boss designer at Bungie.

Only 4 minutes in but, come on dude. This sounds way too complicated for one fight. The amount of coding for something like that combined with Bungie's track record?

Yeah, that raid is going to be broken every damn time.

I think I'm going to have to stop watching Datto stuff. He thinks too much of himself and he's really not even fun to watch.

I don't see why it would be a problem. I'll be using a 32 and if we can get a couple more 31-32 guys, we shouldn't have a problem rolling through it.

Colonel... Nilla... we've three-manned Crota plenty, if you're around and want to beat up some Crota, let me know.

Wait is stb joining Narmers run tonight or mine? I don't mind either way just want to make it clear so I know if my groups need 1 or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom