• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally like crucible a lot but I know it'll be a lousy match if its a bunch of hunters running blink and shotties. Perfect rolls on shotties need a nerf, but stealth blink hunters need a nerf more. I can't watch radar to know they're closing, and blink is the best PvP jump in the game. Normally shotties just mean I have to be more conservative and defensive which is OK meta imo but I don't have a counter to blink shottie at all. Really frustrating.

The current counter seems to be running around opening all the ammo crates before the enemy can get to them.

Wait is stb joining Narmers run tonight or mine? I don't mind either way just want to make it clear so I know if my groups need 1 or 2.

We should ask stb if he wants to have a good time or if he wants to win.

Either way, he's better off with you.

side note: self-deprecation is the new black.

LordofPwn

IS THIS A THING?

Please, kind sir. If you would care to elaborate?

So back before the dark below you could access the seraphim vault by using your sparrow to go underneath the map. use that as a guidance for your search. i've heard of people finding that ghost down there. as if it loaded into the level and then fell through the geometry.

Even at 300 Voc is way better than Abyss Defiant at 331.

Atheon HM anyone? I have the cp just need 4 peeps.

I agree with this in most cases. Except maybe Phogoth Solarburn with so many hive Majors and Wizards.

That being said, Bungie really needs to retool how we guage weapon damage. 300 or 331 is completely meaningless, no one has any idea what that means.

Why do 300 Fatebringer and 300 VoC hold their own among all the 331 weapons and in many cases still outclass them?

They created this bizarre system where the "penalty" of having a 300 weapon is marginally different from a 331 weapon but your Armor level (Light Level) has a Huge difference on your damage.

1 Light level on your Armor dwarfs any penalty your Weapon level might have. This is so bass ackwards.

So back before the dark below you could access the seraphim vault by using your sparrow to go underneath the map. use that as a guidance for your search. i've heard of people finding that ghost down there. as if it loaded into the level and then fell through the geometry.

You're sure you're talking about the skywatch one? Darkness 3?

I feel like you're talking about the RAS-Bunker one. As that one used to be bugged as well, and I've seen videos of people getting to it while trying to reach the seraphim vault.

Edit: This guy
zOW8YlL.jpg

Wait is stb joining Narmers run tonight or mine? I don't mind either way just want to make it clear so I know if my groups need 1 or 2.

I'm confused, too.

I'm perfectly happy to be carried by whomever will have me.

Sorry, I prefer to over-complicate things, especially when the situation doesn't call for it.

Whatever you guys want to do... I was just calling out to them for shits and giggles.

However you guys want to do it is fine with me. I can get people, I can come alone, whatever.

Are you saying we don't have a good time and win?! Hahaha I'm fine with whatever, it's his choice really.

stb

Hah! I've never NOT had a good time on a raid with DGAF folks.

It's only NM, but maybe it's best for me to go with xplicitone since it looks like narmer212's already has a 27 they're carrying?

But yeah, feel free to fight over who gets to carry me; it's good for my ego.

I think the Crota pulse rifle is garbage. The scout rifle is too. I really don't understand how everyone just doesn't use hand cannons.

Auto rifles are garbage too.
After the buff, it goes:
Fang of Ir Yut (scout)
Oversoul Edict (pulse)
Abyss Defiant (auto)
Word of Crota (hand cannon)

So the reason that everyone isn't just using hand cannons is because it's the worst raid weapon!

stb

Sorry, I prefer to over-complicate things, especially when the situation doesn't call for it.

Whatever you guys want to do... I was just calling out to them for shits and giggles.

However you guys want to do it is fine with me. I can get people, I can come alone, whatever.

Are you saying we don't have a good time and win?! Hahaha I'm fine with whatever, it's his choice really.

Could you guys re-post your current teams? Reading back through the related posts, it looks like both captscience and I are on both teams.

Jrmint

I love VoC as much as the next guy but saying it's 'way better' than Fang is just ignorant and spreading misinformation.

I'm pretty sure they have the exact same fire rate and impact. Yes VoC has full auto, but that alone does not make something way better. I'll give you that Solar is better than Arc in general terms, but every bullet from Fang still hits harder.

I really don't get this opinion of shitting on the Fang just bc it doesn't have full auto. It's a great weapon and the best primary from CE.

Ragarra

What time you running Crota tonight? Id be game for something.

Could you guys re-post your current teams? Reading back through the related posts, it looks like both captscience and I are on both teams.

I gotta be honest, I am all over the place at work today and wasn't really keeping track. I think I was more just like "hey, I'll be on in a few hours, I'll help whoever needs help."

So, sorry for the confusion. Maybe we can all just link up on the same team? Are there 6 of us? We only need like 3 32s to get through the whole thing.

HigXx

So should I upgrade Obsidian Mind or Apotheosis Veil first? Obsidian goes well with my Bad Juju but I havent levelled up Voidwalker, while Apotheosis really helps with Crota :/

What time you running Crota tonight? Id be game for something.

I have no idea what's going on right now. I don't know what time we're shooting for or who is joining. I just want to use my 3LW some more and shotgun some shit now that those are both viable weapons. I'm happy to carry some people through a normal CE and/or do some Crota kill on hard.

LordofPwn

You're sure you're talking about the skywatch one? Darkness 3?

I feel like you're talking about the RAS-Bunker one. As that one used to be bugged as well, and I've seen videos of people getting to it while trying to reach the seraphim vault.

Edit: This guy

i could have sworn darkness 3 was the RAS-Bunker one. had no idea THAT one was bugged. was first ghost i found in the alpha...

No idea what to tell you.

Sorry

LTWood12

Cool. I'll be on around 530 or 6pm central. I'll roll through some ROC strikes if that's what you're doing around then. I need to level up my 3LW and Secret Handshake.

GKW212 is my PSN for anyone that doesn't have it.

I gotta be honest, I am all over the place at work today and wasn't really keeping track. I think I was more just like "hey, I'll be on in a few hours, I'll help whoever needs help."

So, sorry for the confusion. Maybe we can all just link up on the same team? Are there 6 of us? We only need like 3 32s to get through the whole thing.

I think it started w/ me asking if anyone would be willing to carry my low level hunter through CE Normal. Narmer and Captain said they'd help me out, but the streams got crossed w/ some others. I've got to grind to get to 27 anyway, so you guys do what you gotta do. All I'd really be contributing is some humor and maybe some Phil Collin's tunes.

Dance Into the Light-for the abyss

You could always throw Thorn back into the mix. Or make Bitsurugi's day by always having a last round shot loaded into your sniper rifle.

I'm starting to use red death more often now :p

And thorn has never been off the table as far as I'm concerned haha. I have been hoping for a good efrideets Speer...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok I have a couple of questions regarding some weapons that get a lot of love on GAF. I have never seen the beginning of these conversations so I've missed the reasons for the outpouring of effection.

Weapon 1 - The Saterienne Rapier.

Weapon 2 - Three Little Words

They both look like great guns. But what is setting them apart that they deserve so much attention?
I have the Rapier and haven't found a reason to use it over other scout rifles that I have. I haven't had TLW yet but would have likely held onto it just due to the high impact rating.

What's the story morning glory?

Deku Tree

I really don't get this opinion of shitting on the Fang just bc it doesn't have full auto. It's a great weapon and the best primary from CE.

Yeah and it's silly. Full auto is essentially a wasted perk. It does nothing that you can't already do by simply squeezing the trigger.

i could have sworn darkness 3 was the RAS-Bunker one. had no idea THAT one was bugged. was first ghost i found in the alpha...

No idea what to tell you.

Sorry

That's part of what kills me about it. It wasn't always broken. It somehow became broke around the 3rd or 4th patch after release. So people who waited to long to do their ghost hunter got fucked over.

My wife has the ghost, as does a crap ton of other people. Basically, enough people to make it hard to raise a stink over.

I can come alone, whatever.

Hahaha I'm fine with whatever, it's his choice really.

I think it started w/ me asking if anyone would be willing to carry my low level hunter through CE Normal. Narmer and Captain said they'd help me out, but the streams got crossed w/ some others.

Oops! Sorry for my part in the confusion. How's this for a group of 6?

Normal Scrota shenanigans 815pm EST

1) old scrub
2) Ocho
3) captscience
4) berried_treasure
5) shiki
6) narmer - GKW212

For the second run, if LTWood can get up to 28, we can run it again with him.

Ragarra

I have no idea what's going on right now. I don't know what time we're shooting for or who is joining. I just want to use my 3LW some more and shotgun some shit now that those are both viable weapons. I'm happy to carry some people through a normal CE and/or do some Crota kill on hard.

Oh ok id be down for normal CE, or hard CE kill if anything gets planned.

LTWood12

Oops! Sorry for my part in the confusion. How's this for a group of 6? For the second run, if LTWood can get up to 28, we can run it again with him.

That works for me. And if anyone needs help w/ HM I don't mind to jump in and help. I don't need the loot (other than the bridge), but am happy to assist if you need bubbles and wolf-pack rounds.

The current counter seems to be running around opening all the ammo crates before the enemy can get to them.
...ug. That sounds about right.

I would settle for a buff to titan's third jump so the boost actually is a catapult. It doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell currently, unless I'm totally using it wrong. At least let me gtf out of there.

LordofPwn

That's part of what kills me about it. It wasn't always broken. It somehow became broke around the 3rd or 4th patch after release. So people who waited to long to do their ghost hunter got fucked over.

My wife has the ghost, as does a crap ton of other people. Basically, enough people to make it hard to raise a stink over.

Just bring it up on the bungie forum, and send a tweet to deej.

Looks good to me. I'll be on and ready to roll.

Ragarra - maybe we can get in a Crota HM kill or two before then. I'll be on around 5:30 central.

cilonen

Atheon's gone to shit. Time's vengeance is not protecting us, oracles taking two clips to die, supplcants with refilling life bars.

Something be broken.

Ryck

Atheon's gone to shit. Time's vengeance is not protecting us, oracles taking two clips to die, supplcants with refilling life bars.

Something be broken.
Yep shit is crazy right now...

We need one more for crazy Atheon adventures in glitching!

Ryck007

vctor182

Is there a website where I can see the vendors weapons with their perks? I know they're supposed to be random but vendors weapons are always the same and I hate going to the tower for that

stb

That works for me. And if anyone needs help w/ HM I don't mind to jump in and help. I don't need the loot (other than the bridge), but am happy to assist if you need bubbles and wolf-pack rounds.

Works for me. I only need one run, anyway, and would actually prefer not to help with a second, lest I tempt wife enrage (more husband guilt than wife enrage; she's very tolerant, but I've been playing more than usual lately).

I'm just psyched to have a second character able to do some of this stuff and to squeeze in a CE run just before reset is too tempting a fruit not to pick.

dB Viper

n00b question about double drops in Hard Mode:

Do double drops only apply to Armor and Shards/Energies? I want to run Normal Mode Crota before HM Crota this week, but I also want a better chance at the Crux. Then I was thinking... maybe you don't get a double chance at the Crux since it's only available on HM.

TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom