• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruxist

n00b question about double drops in Hard Mode:

Do double drops only apply to Armor and Shards/Energies? I want to run Normal Mode Crota before HM Crota this week, but I also want a better chance at the Crux. Then I was thinking... maybe you don't get a double chance at the Crux since it's only available on HM.

TIA.

When you get drops in Hard Mode, all of the drops come from the Hard Mode pool. That means you won't see any secondary or heavy weapons. And if you do Hard Mode first, you have the potential for double drops from the pool. When we ran Crota HM the first time, my friend received both The Word of Crota and the Fang of Ir Yut.

I'm not sure if the Crux is designated as a special drop or if your chances increase by doing HM first though.

I find it so odd that everyone seems to be down on every gun other than a few select exotics and the fatebringer. I must be using different raid weapons than everyone else.

I'm done. I'm so done with PvP or at least Rumble. They added some absolutely awful headshot sound effect when you get killed by one and not only is it by it's very nature pointless and useless, it sounds like my sound system is freaking failing. I'm not doing this anymore. Besides that, the fact that PvP is either easy mode or completely impossible for some reason. There's no happy medium for me. Maybe I'll play some Clash or something but only because I'm grinding out for a new Hand Cannon since my TDYK is showing it's age. And besides all that, marks take for freaking ever to get compared to how quickly they flow for Vanguard ones.

The headshot sound is so obnoxious. I don't understand how anyone could be in favor of it. Is it just to make it more annoying when you die? Maybe Bungie can add in someone screaming at you in the next patch to make death that much more negative and visceral.

Anyway, I notice really hard swings in PvP. I almost want to start recording my games to see that I'm not crazy. Like, I've been on a good Crucible run for a while now that I've played more, and last night I just couldn't get a hitmarker to save my life. I'm talking stationary targets not taking damage, delayed kills, teleporting enemies. But I had a green bar, and nobody else seemed to have any issues. It makes me feel crazy to complain about, so it's really maddening to experience. I don't have a plausible hypothesis for it, though. I just wish things felt more consistent, whatever the reason for the inconsistency.

That's part of what kills me about it. It wasn't always broken. It somehow became broke around the 3rd or 4th patch after release. So people who waited to long to do their ghost hunter got fucked over.

My wife has the ghost, as does a crap ton of other people. Basically, enough people to make it hard to raise a stink over.

If you ever find out how to get that bugger, please let me know. I am definitely one of the fucked over.

That's part of what kills me about it. It wasn't always broken. It somehow became broke around the 3rd or 4th patch after release. So people who waited to long to do their ghost hunter got fucked over.

My wife has the ghost, as does a crap ton of other people. Basically, enough people to make it hard to raise a stink over.
Are you talking about the Ghost Hunter Trophy?

cilonen

Wow. That was nuts.

Anyone contemplating Atheon might want to hold off a while. It's glitching harder than Crota right now,

dB Viper

I'm not sure if the Crux is designated as a special drop or if your chances increase by doing HM first though.

OK yeah, this is what I'm wondering since I don't need any HM weapons from Crota (have them all) but I still need Swordbreaker from Normal Mode.

However, if the Crux drop is increased by completing HM first then I'll probably do that then on a couple characters.

Just unlocked the perk on Invective. This thing is now the Ice Breaker of shotguns. It already did the most DPS anyway. Regen ammo on top of that? Damn. This thing will probably be my go to exotic from now on.

I love the invective. It's like TLW and IB had a shotgun baby. Looks beautiful too. Wish more weapons looked like invective instead of the ugly skulls

If you ever find out how to get that bugger, please let me know. I am definitely one of the fucked over.
I plan on trying to break through some walls with the sparrow trick later today. See if I can get underneath it.

Are you talking about the Ghost Hunter Trophy?

Not the trophy exactly, just the ghost itself. It's the only dead ghost I have yet to claim. It also holds 10 grimoire points from me.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/grimoire/ps/Kor_of_Memory

Maddocks

anyone going to do corta hard mode later today or tonight that incan jump into?

I'm stuck at the deathsingers and I fear like every raid I do with corta on hard I'll only ever get to the deathsinger and never get to a defeated corta. every time I get to deathsinger, my group of friends magically get tired or bitch out and say,"always tomorrow" then the damn reset happens and we start the process all over again.

patchday

After the buff, it goes:
Fang of Ir Yut (scout)
Oversoul Edict (pulse)
Abyss Defiant (auto)
Word of Crota (hand cannon)

So the reason that everyone isn't just using hand cannons is because it's the worst raid weapon!

People use WoC all the time. All those guns on your list seem perfectly viable. Nothing really heavily overweighs the either in my opinion

Fatebringer pwns them all.

Oh, havent maxed none of those primaries yet. Been busy playing other games honestly. So I basing my opinions on the base 300 before all perks. LOL! I only got all the perks on WoC

HMD

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, anyway I'm interested in Destiny and I was wondering if it's too late to start now, what do you guys think?

Not the trophy exactly, just the ghost itself. It's the only dead ghost I have yet to claim. It also holds 10 grimoire points from me.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/grimoire/ps/Kor_of_Memory
ahhh, I see. Yeah, that really sucks that it's bugged. I know I've picked it up, just now noticed that it didn't register. Bastards...

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, anyway I'm interested in Destiny and I was wondering if it's too late to start now, what do you guys think?
It's never too late.

The uh..fang.. that blocks the ammo counter in the middle of the weapon is bizarre. I hate that there's an ammo counter there still.

Mine's not maxed but I don't really love the Fang yet. I think I prefer the slower ROF/higher impact like Badger/Gheleon's for Scout rifles. I like that it does arc damage. Target mark seems useless. Good thing you can pick Spray and Play instead but that's no Outlaw

The ammo counter on weapons would be cool if they had a HUD free mode

ocean

Banned
People use WoC all the time. All those guns on your list seem perfectly viable. Nothing really heavily overweighs the either in my opinion

Fatebringer pwns them all.

Oh, havent maxed none of those primaries yet. Been busy playing other games honestly. So I basing my opinions on the base 300 before all perks. LOL! I only got all the perks on WoC

I can't imagine anyone using WoC as their main primary. It's excellent situationally (Void burns or something) but as a HC user, I'd much rather rock Fatebringer/Hawkmoon/TFWPKY1969. Impact on WoC is just too damn low, even less than Thorn!

darth-vader-join-us.jpg

Why would it be too late to start? Honest question.

No it isn't too late to start.
A lot of console FPS games don't have legs and their matchmaking is dead 4-5 months after release. It's a fair question.

Honestly, I find myself getting more frustrated with some of my closer friends as they keep jumping ship to whatever other game of the week, and here I am.

cilonen

Nope, not to late to dive in. It'll take you a week or two to hit 20 then it's all about finding gear which is not as bad as it used to be, so you can get up to speed fairly quickly.

The game doesn't stop when the "story" finishes and you hit 20, that's just the beginning :)

Yeah, so, I was just looking for that last image... and, well, google image search delivers again:

DARTH-VADER-BURGER.jpg

I don't speak French... but I'm wondering what the hell those black buns are made out of?

I can't imagine anyone using WoC as their main primary. It's excellent situationally (Void burns or something) but as a HC user, I'd much rather rock Fatebringer/Hawkmoon/TFWPKY1969. Impact on WoC is just too damn low, even less than Thorn!

I have four fatebringers, and yet I use the WoC as my primary quite a bit. I think it's a great gun in plenty of situations outside of void burns.

Namikaze1

To those who were on Team Husk during the hard raid run back in January, are any of you interested in reforming the team and tackling HoW raid (Normal since Bungie will most likely delay hard like TDB) as soo as it is up?

ahhh, I see. Yeah, that really sucks that it's bugged. I know I've picked it up, just now noticed that it didn't register. Bastards...

Well, I'll be damned. Something useful from the Bungie forums:

Paraphrasing slightly:
It's a known bug for many people. It's one of the only ghosts they didn't fix last patch. It was patched back in late fall last year and people who find it since then can get it. But if you "found" it before that you didn't get credit, and there is no way to re-trigger the ghost, and thus claim the grimoire.

Well... that actually makes me feel a bit better.

TL;DR version: If you found the ghost before it was patched back in November, you are screwed.

Shito

Yeah, so, I was just looking for that last image... and, well, google image search delivers again:

DARTH-VADER-BURGER.jpg

I don't speak French... but I'm wondering what the hell those black buns are made out of?
Hey, French guy here!
It's not indicated on the picture, but from what I remember it was just some colouring agent used to make the bun black.
I didn't try it, but people who did were saying it had exactly the same taste as a regular bun. And that it didn't look particularly tasty. :)

Paraphrasing slightly:

TL;DR version: If you found the ghost before it was patched back in November, you are screwed.

Wait, I searched for it in January. I can't remember if I found it and the card didn't trigger or if it was never there, but I am definitely not in the pre-patch category.

hydruxo

DARTH-VADER-BURGER.jpg

What are the white things on the burger on the right? Onions? They look like teeth haha.

rNilla

To those who were on Team Husk during the hard raid run back in January, are any of you interested in reforming the team and tackling HoW raid (Normal since Bungie will most likely delay hard like TDB) as soo as it is up?

I'm in if I can make myself available but probably not if it releases at 4AM.

Cruxist

OK yeah, this is what I'm wondering since I don't need any HM weapons from Crota (have them all) but I still need Swordbreaker from Normal Mode.

However, if the Crux drop is increased by completing HM first then I'll probably do that then on a couple characters.

I would ASSUME it's just part of the HM drop table. But that's pure speculation on my part, I honestly can't give that any weight.

The FWC hand cannon. Or the crucible one (TFWPKY 1969) if FWC rep is an issue.

I already bought the chance. Thinking about the crucible vendor hand cannon. My friend has it and says it's decent, but I'm not sure. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm kind of over hand cannons for now. I guess I'm trying to spice things up a bit lol

How is 3 little words? The specs say it's slower than red death but has a little more impact and is a lot more stable and has longer range. Not sure though. I wouldn't mind it for crucible either but it doesn't have unflinching, which is what makes red death so deadly imo

RetroMG

Anyone want to go kill Crota? I've got the Deathsinger checkpoint on Normal, want to get it done on my Warlock before my wife comes home in a couple hours.

1. RetroMG

Namikaze1

I'm in if I can make myself available but probably not if it releases at 4AM.
Did TDB released at 4AM EST? I can't recall and I'm too lazy to google it.

I would ask fig to join but I'm sure she would have to call out just a day before the release for some reason.

You could've been part of Team Husk, fig. You could have...

Shito

I would ask fig to join but I'm sure she would have to call out just a day before the release for some reason.

I think it did.
I recall watching streams of people trying to be the first to down Crota at work from 10 am in the morning (the reset time for me in France).

LordofPwn

Paraphrasing slightly:

But i found it before the "patch" and i have it unlocked.

RetroMG

NP, I'm down for NM on my 31 Warlock.

I checked, and mine is 31 is well. I wasn't sure because I've done a lot of gear switching, so with raid gear right now she's only 30, but I have my previous loadout for 31.

All right, need four more for Normal Crota!

1. RetroMG
2. darthbob

rNilla

I think it did.
I recall watching streams of people trying to be the first to down Crota at work from 10 am in the morning (the reset time for me in France).

I don't remember / have no idea. I'm not personally opposed as I'll take time off work regardless but I think I would be murdered if I played that late / early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom