• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of console FPS games don't have legs and their matchmaking is dead 4-5 months after release. It's a fair question.

Honestly, I find myself getting more frustrated with some of my closer friends as they keep jumping ship to whatever other game of the week, and here I am.

know that feeling well

i actually signed up to gamefly to try some other games..

had some friends replace the grind of destiny with other grind games like FF14.. i just don't know

know that feeling well

i actually signed up to gamefly to try some other games..

had some friends replace the grind of destiny with other grind games like FF14.. i just don't know

Meh, first it was Evolve, now Monster Hunter. Actually, there was something before evolve, but I can't remember what it was.

Long story short, I don't buy games I don't plan on spending less than 60 hours on. (with rare exception)

Shirow

Banned
I checked, and mine is 31 is well. I wasn't sure because I've done a lot of gear switching, so with raid gear right now she's only 30, but I have my previous loadout for 31.

All right, need four more for Normal Crota!

1. RetroMG
2. darthbob

I can help as well. I've only done crota once thou. got 3 lvl 30's psn name: Garrison

I checked, and mine is 31 is well. I wasn't sure because I've done a lot of gear switching, so with raid gear right now she's only 30, but I have my previous loadout for 31.

All right, need four more for Normal Crota!

1. RetroMG
2. darthbob

I want to join as well, ShikiAoi, can I bring a friend?

RetroMG

I can help as well. I've only done crota once thou. got 3 lvl 30's
One more for Normal Crota!

I don't think that will be a problem. Although we are going to need a swordbearer, unless darthbob is willing to do it.
I want to join as well, ShikiAoi, can I bring a friend?

1. RetroMG
2. darthbob
3. Shirow
4. ShikiAoi
5. ShikiAoi's friend

Yeah, so, I was just looking for that last image... and, well, google image search delivers again:

DARTH-VADER-BURGER.jpg

I don't speak French... but I'm wondering what the hell those black buns are made out of?

Don't the Japanese have these? And they make the buns black with charcoal i believe

RetroMG

FRs are sent. we are waiting on one more (and for darthbob to be ready) and then we will get going!

Crota Normal

1. RetroMG
2. darthbob
3. Shirow
4. ShikiAoi
5. ShikiAoi's friend

FyreWulff

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, anyway I'm interested in Destiny and I was wondering if it's too late to start now, what do you guys think?

With the way Destiny is designed, it's never too late. You'll be able to do end game content fairly fast (compared to standard MMOs) and you don't need to have been there day 1 to be able to do anything now.

People will show you the ropes and get you up to speed around here.

I'm missing the second old Russia dead ghost fragment. How do you get that one?

Is that the one that spawns in the room with the Archon target beacon? Troll Patrol?

Edit: a quick scan makes me wonder if you got the Old Russia card from those 42 codes you could enter on Bungie's site back before release?

HigXx

48 Sapphire Wire to go until my Hunter is Lv32. Then its just my poor Warlock to go!

That gif is killing my Google Chrome

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, anyway I'm interested in Destiny and I was wondering if it's too late to start now, what do you guys think?

this is actually the best time to make a new character or start playing for the first time because it's the "low tide". you'll be able to catch up to everyone else before the next DLC drops

It's either this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjl3AVu2Yak&feature=youtu.be&t=1m36s

Or it's this one:
Destiny Collector's Card #5 - Destination: Cosmodrome (Old-Russia) HDX-ALM-V4K

If anyone doesn't know about the codes: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/wiki/redeemablecodes

Thanks for that

Found this site that tells you exactly which dead ghost you're missing and where you can find it.

http://destinyghosthunter.net/ghosts/psn/ck716/earth/

http://destinyghosthunter.net/

edit: never mind, you're looking for fragments and not the actual ghosts... moving on...

edit2: maybe you are looking for the actual ghosts, I don't know. If so, use that link above. It's money in the bank.

Lol thanks. I think we posted at the same time

ocean

Banned
Oh snap I had never seen that ghost page before. Really cool how it checks which you're missing and shows you exactly where to get them. Great find! I'll finish up my Ghost cleanup this week :) Gotta max that Grimoire..

i don't get people

"give us matchmaking for weeklies"
"wait, i want the option to do it solo too"
"wait, people are griefing and wont revive me"
"wait, don't turn on respawning it'll make it too easy"
"wait, don't put a vote to kick system in because that'll be abused too"
"well fuck maybe matchmaking wasn't a good idea"

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
It's as if the Reddit/Imgur community isn't aware that video files exist. Every day on Imgur top posts consist of breaking down entire videos into 10+ GIFs with subtitles. Why don't you just post a video link?

Arrrammis

i don't get people

Yup... people will always complain about something.

Men in Black said it best: "A Person is smart. People are dumb, panicky animals."

i don't get people

They just need 2 things with it:
1) Smart Vote/Kick System, mainly for idle people. Hard to say about people messing around. This goes with all current matchmaking.
2) Ability to enter without matchmaking (this is cake to add)

Arrrammis

It's as if the Reddit/Imgur community isn't aware that video files exist. Every day on Imgur top posts consist of breaking down entire videos into 10+ GIFs with subtitles. Why don't you just post a video link?

Even worse for me is that at least half of the gifs posted in the Destiny subreddit are in the xbox dvr, which almost seems like it enlarges the files, pretty much crashing my browser or freezing my mobile device whenever I accidentally click one. It is not difficult to take the file and convert to a .gifv, then host on a different site that has much better design.

As far as imgur goes, there's no option to embed a video, and otherwise the format is well liked, so people have to try to convince the community to go off-site to view the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom