• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildSoss

all the time. I don't know how some of you guys do it.

I don't, i've been playing Monster hunter lately with a few friends. It's funny though, I went from one grindy game to another grindy one.

But playing it on that tiny, carpal tunnel inducing portable...now that's disgusting. :(

rNilla

i don't get people

"give us matchmaking for weeklies"
"wait, i want the option to do it solo too"
"wait, people are griefing and wont revive me"
"wait, don't turn on respawning it'll make it too easy"
"wait, don't put a vote to kick system in because that'll be abused too"
"well fuck maybe matchmaking wasn't a good idea"

To be fair I doubt the people complaining about matchmaking are the same ones who asked for it in the first place. But yes, no matter what happens it's terrible and wrong.

Feorax

Reset day tomorrow! Can't wait to level up that Gjallarhorn
that I'll never get...

At least a Fang, LDR and Thunderlord combo will be fun against a relatively piss-easy arc nightfall.

ich00

anyone else up for a crota kill in a few hours?

Is anyone going to be around later (9pm - 9:30 EST) to help me get hm Crota one last time before reset? 3 different LFG groups last night over almost 3 hours couldn't get it done. I've had the most success with GAF groups, so I'd rather go that route tonight. I have the cp, just will need a group (with a swordbearer).

1. me (ichabod00)
2. SAiLO

MildSoss

I couldn't ever get into portable gaming.
I like 1080p
50" or more
5.1 surround sound
Quality speakers and subwoofer
Etc

I actually love it, but for certain genres only. But any thing that requires constant use of the camera and the L+R buttons is such a huge pain.

Maddocks

Is anyone going to be around later (9pm - 9:30 EST) to help me get hm Crota one last time before reset? 3 different LFG groups last night over almost 3 hours couldn't get it done. I've had the most success with GAF groups, so I'd rather go that route tonight. I have the cp, just will need a group (with a swordbearer).

1. me (ichabod00)
2. SAiLO

I might be able to join. So far it is looking good. I'm down.

Did TDB released at 4AM EST? I can't recall and I'm too lazy to google it.

I would ask fig to join but I'm sure she would have to call out just a day before the release for some reason.

You could've been part of Team Husk, fig. You could have...

I had no choice, you bastard.

D_psipher

1. me (ichabod00)
2. SAiLO

I should be online around then and I need the kill so count me in.

1. me (ichabod00)
2. SAiLO

I'll join, but not a swordbearer (on hard anyways). Dr_LawyerCop

Buy the $250 helmet from vanguard quartermaster and dismantle it. Farm glimmer of needed.

Roc strikes are good too but slower.

I find myself in sudden need of sapphire wire. Where's the best place to farm them? Roc strikes?

Yea Glimmer Farm in VoG is by far the fastest. And you can equip the helms while you farm to xp level. When you dismantle you get double the mats.

Rock strikes are extremely slower. With 4+ people you can max out glimmer in about 35 minutes (from 0). That gets you at least 100 mats. Usually more because 1/6 greens (my rough estimate) gets you 2 mats. And you'll xp level a a few along the way.

1. me (ichabod00)
2. SAiLO
Me, I haven't killed him on hard mode this week. I need three PSN KeanBurke

deadduck

Going to try this at the weekend with some friends any advice/pitfalls to avoid?

The drop into the abyss is the biggest risk!

Work as a group at the bridge, 3 groups of two that joined up with their buddy the other side. 2 S14 titans helped. Sword bearer as host from the start.

Take your time and go conservative.

Oh snap I had never seen that ghost page before. Really cool how it checks which you're missing and shows you exactly where to get them. Great find! I'll finish up my Ghost cleanup this week :) Gotta max that Grimoire..

Yeah the presentation is top notch. So impressive

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't, i've been playing Monster hunter lately with a few friends. It's funny though, I went from one grindy game to another grindy one.

But playing it on that tiny, carpal tunnel inducing portable...now that's disgusting. :(
I'd surely get that if it wasn't only on 3DS too :< I don't own one.

kidko

Monster Hunter is the very best thing, but yes, having to play it on the 3DS (XL w/cpp) is such a pain. 3U on WiiU was glorious ;__;

Monster Hunter is the very best thing, but yes, having to play it on the 3DS (XL w/cpp) is such a pain. 3U on WiiU was glorious ;__;

I'm thinking of getting back into Monster Hunter. I got the very first one, hearing it was similar to Phantasy Star Online, played for five hours, wondered why the hell I was mostly climbing and gathering herbs, and stopped playing. Am I likely to enjoy the new ones?

Yea Glimmer Farm in VoG is by far the fastest. And you can equip the helms while you farm to xp level. When you dismantle you get double the mats.

Rock strikes are extremely slower. With 4+ people you can max out glimmer in about 35 minutes (from 0). That gets you at least 100 mats. Usually more because 1/6 greens (my rough estimate) gets you 2 mats. And you'll xp level a a few along the way.

Hmmm. Good to know, but getting together a glimmer farming group is a pain. I'll be on the lookout for one, but in the meantime, if my choices are Exclusion Zone farming or Roc, which do you think would be more efficient?

Killing Collosus.

Ready for VoG HM fresh anytime.

Need to do something for an hour or two, but I'll be starting a VoG hard run soon

I'm thinking of getting back into Monster Hunter. I got the very first one, hearing it was similar to Phantasy Star Online, played for five hours, wondered why the hell I was mostly climbing and gathering herbs, and stopped playing. Am I likely to enjoy the new ones?

Hmmm. Good to know, but getting together a glimmer farming group is a pain. I'll be on the lookout for one, but in the meantime, if my choices are Exclusion Zone farming or Roc, which do you think would be more efficient?

It doesn't hurt to ask here first by replying attempting solo. And there usually is a group that forms every once and a while. With shottys now it's kind of decent to even 2 man it. But yea... I'd say EZ is more efficient but it's easily the most boring/painful.

Reset tomorrow!!!!

Wooohooo!

So pumped to try out the 12 newly maxed armour and weapons in CE. Shotguns in the Abyss must be amazing.

Only got a few weapons maxed, but I'm more interested in getting Raid gear for my Titan. CE has been a stingy bastard. Still need 2 out of 3 pieces to get to level 32 because the raid refuses to drop anything other than Willbreaker's Fists.

C'mon dammit, 32 can be this week.

EZ is most efficient if you are just looking for Glimmer solo, but ROC's you can at least get a decent supply of engrams and Marks while you're at it.

Only got a few weapons maxed, but I'm more interested in getting Raid gear for my Titan. CE has been a stingy bastard. Still need 2 out of 3 pieces to get to level 32 because the raid refuses to drop anything other than Willbreaker's Fists.

C'mon dammit, 32 can be this week.

I just need the Warlock CE helmet to have all the normal and hard drops. Finally got the Hunter one last week.

kidko

Probably not, it's the same game, just incrementally better each time... but if you have a 3DS, you can always try the demo! Sometimes just picking a different weapon can change your entire perspective.

really tempted to buy a 3ds xl

i need another Grind

i need it

DO IT and grab a circle pad pro for reduced hand crampage

I just need the Warlock CE helmet to have all the normal and hard drops. Finally got the Hunter one last week.

It's nice to get the full set so you can swap around Exotics and stay 32 as needed.

I've been lucky to get multiple Helm's for my Hunter and Warlock. Seem to drop more frequently than weapons. Hope my Titan fairs as well in the short term.

Namikaze1

Where is your math now?!?!?

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also let us perform the LiK summoning.
Math will come. I just need to bring out my PokéGear and give her a call.

At least I'm not being passive aggressive. :p

Talk about having a Gorgon CP?
I don't think the Gorgon offering works anymore. The Personas have him now.

i better see assmatgaf on tomorrow
I'll be on bright and early. Like every Tuesday.

Edit: top of the fucking page!

Sending out the Everyday Math signal!
250px-696Tyrunt.png

kidko

Heading out of town for the week and bringing the Vita with me for remote-playing Xur.

This will cause Murphy's Law to ensure that either

A) Xur will have something I really want and remote play will not work for some reason

B) Xur will have nothing I want yet remote play works awesomely well.

Got The Devil You Don't from a Vanguard package with Return to Sender, Grenadier and Flared Magwell/Explosive Rounds/High Caliber Rounds.

Worth keeping?

Need 4 more for a HM Crota kill or two. We don't have the checkpoint or a swordbearer... but we aren't totally worthless.

1) GKW212
2) Ragarra
3)
4)
5)
6)

Agent

Arc Sepkis right? Unless Bungie sticks Omnigul there to ruin our lives.

I hope it is Arc Sepiks Prime this week. If it is I look forward to melting those bastard captains during the three wave part of the mission.

I suddenly have so many good Arc weapons to use with Thunderlord, Fatebringer, Oversoul Edict, Fang of It Yut, Light of the Abyss, Patience and Time, and a LDR5001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom