• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Yep. You'll get another one.

Thirsty*

OMG HAHA please don't hate but what just happened I just gotta share. Solo'd CE for fun and got my second Ghorn from Deathsinger (she gave me my first as well). Thought that was cool - nice to have another one. Then while clearing out the Knights I thought to to myself wouldn't it be funny if Crota gave me my last remaining exotic I don't have (Hard Light). And that's exactly what just happened. Welp, looks like this is my lucky week.

Suros was my last and I got it today. You had a good run.

coy

Just got Mida from Crota. With this and UR last week from Xur, that leaves but one exotic to get. If Necrochasm counts, then two. Gjallarhorn, where are you?

Rehsa

What you got two?!? Back to back?haha that's awesome. Welcome to the club good sir.

Thank you sir :) Talk about some crazy luck there wow. He said he never seen anyone pull 3 in a row, so I did :D Would have preferred to not have two dupes but I will take that luck, come on Crota runs for Red Death or something!

GhaleonEB

So a couple weeks ago, a legendary engram decrypted into the 4th Horseman. Woo! And this weekend I picked up the Praxis for my Warlock. I have three exotic weapons and three exotic armor pieces.

Tonight, running the Nightfall twice, I got my first exotic drops ever from it. The first was 4th Horseman. The other was a not-Praxis exotic armor for Warlocks.

Sharded the gun, plopped the armor in the vault. RNGesus has a wicked sense of humor.

Rehsa

Need 3 for fast Normal Crota fresh run.
PSN Khorgano

I would like to join, need to take my Titan through it for a chest piece

Edit: Nevermind, looks like you're covered. Guess I will take my luck and call it a night

Holy shit, another Vex at the postmaster. When it rains it pours

played my first and last games of inferno.

wow it's bad.

brings out the worst in the game with everybody blinking and shotgun crouching tiger hidden dragon in a corner. on pantheon you just watch hallways and call everything out and then nobody pushes. if you do push, you don't see the spider on the wall. any of the other maps and there's always somebody waiting to blink strike you in the back. destiny maps have too many corners to exploit and there's no risk involved when you pitch a tent.

"flanking" in this game IMO is just a way for people who either lose gun fights or are frequently caught in bad positions to run around undetected. i can see the appeal how in a game of randoms you can just run around and get easy kills, but against a team calling everything out, it's incredibly boring. i didn't know anyone could play so passive. why push and risk being back stabbed when it's more rewarding to catch someone rounding the corner?

it's weird because it's the exact opposite in Halo. radar in that game encourages camping, but without it you can be more aggressive. also, you didn't spawn with shotguns.

the simpler scoring and diminished heavy ammo are good changes, but if they're going to fundamentally alter the game, supers should go instead

Interesting. I was hoping it wouldn't be that way, but that's too bad. I haven't tried it yet but I was excited. Seemed more intense. But you totally hit what I always thought and would make Crucible better regardless of inferno, less special ammo or don't start with it! Having no supers on top would be the real inferno mode.

A_Gorilla

Banned
If anyone can help babysit my 29 Titan through a Nightfall I'd greatly appreciate it (I have maxed Fatebringer, Murmur and other Arc weapons so I won't be useless).

PSN: El_Bombastico

EDIT: I started the nightfall with someone else. If anyone else wants in by all means do so.

Ikkarus

I've been levelling up my Titan the past few days and I've had such a blast with it. Shoulder charging is definitely my favourite way to OHK someone. Just reached level 30 and would like to try my luck at a NM Crota soon.

What's the best way to level up the class as a whole? I mean in unlocking all of the abilities for striker and bubble? Is it crucible or strikes?

Iceman829

Let's be real. Trance is in a club exclusive to himself. Pick up about 70 more exotics this week and he MIGHT consider letting you sneak a peak inside.

I'm sorry I couldn't read what you were typing I was too busy sharding an extra thunderlord I don't need.

Meh nightfall week for the umpteenth time in a row. It'd been probably 7 weeks since I got anything worthwhile.

1) plug 1 / energy
2) truth / exotic shard
3) Coins

Still looking for a sniper with armor piercing that isn't a baby blue, MotTM, and 4th Horseman. A better HoPF wouldn't hurt either but Xur will probably have an upgrade.

i can see the appeal how in a game of randoms you can just run around and get easy kills, but against a team calling everything out, it's incredibly boring. i didn't know anyone could play so passive.

That's my main issue with Crucible in general, very little dynamic team work encouraged by the mode designs themselves. Mostly just people running around looking for kills to rank higher on the leaderboard regardless of whether or not it contributes to team success. Doing the rando-run-around-rumba is sleep inducing for me.

Still looking for a sniper with armor piercing that isn't a baby blue, MotTM, and 4th Horseman. A better HoPF wouldn't hurt either but Xur will probably have an upgrade.

You don't have vendor LDR? Also I feel like they ruined AP in the last patch, but maybe not. Why did you still want it?

RetroMG

So my friends and I used a new cheese spot for Sepiks on the Nightfall that worked really well. Up the stairs on the left from where you start the fight, there are two sets of windows with some panels missing or broken. If you get a small running start you can jump through them into a "secret room." Like with the Valus glitch, no one can hit you in this room. From there, you can shoot out of the missing window panes if you have a Sniper with Armor Penetration, like, say, the Vendor LDR. (It does have to go through the open panes, and it does have to be ArPen.) Take Ice Breaker with you so you can regen ammo, but with three people, Sepiks went down pretty fast.

There's a video showing where the room is here. The guy doesn't use it as a cheese spot, just a place to get away when his health drops.

Hope this helps someone. I tried soloing it on my third character after my friends were done, but I couldn't get past the waves by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom