• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have vendor LDR? Also I feel like they ruined AP in the last patch, but maybe not. Why did you still want it?

Yea I haven't played with AP much but seems fun to try in PvE. I never have enough marks from buying planet mats. It's not up there anymore because of the patch but wouldn't mind messing around with one

Iceman829

thanks for the CP, Iceman. more shards and energy, but it was easy!

Glad I could help. Better luck next week.

Yeah but you'll run out of them. Trance could shard them as fast as he wants and never run out. Accept the seat at his side.

It's over.

He can start catching up on my exotic shard pile I already have going. I still have 30+ after all the ones I spent upgrading all the original gear and weapons to 36 light/331 damage (2 shards per item). Time to concentrate on completing my Iron Banner Armor set now for Hunter and Titan.

Running Crota normal. Finish the deathsinger and we are just beginning mop-up duty. We lose one of our raiders and so we pick up another through LFG. He spawns and is revived, and yet does nothing but stay in spawn while we are all just trying to get to Crota CP, we assume afk. We finally finish up the leftovers and the dude gets Ghallahorn and then just leaves.

How is there no justice in Destiny???

Rehsa

Well my luck didn't carry over to the raid, no chest nor any armor, just another Swordbreaker. Orthogonal got a Hawkmoon though so congrats :)

Thanks for the run guys, now I am going to take my two Hawkmoons and go to sleep, have a good night DGAF!

^ We can both dual wield!! Yeah sorry Noomi :(

Manp

3xNFs: Icebreaker (4th one so probably sharded), shitty legendary auto rifle and shitty legendary fusion rifle... i'm back to bad luck again :|
seriously i'll take energies or coins any day over this shit.

RdN

Finally got to level 32!

Very happy, after weeks of ridiculous poor luck on the raid, today I finally got the Radiant Shards I needed.

Now Crota needs to be a nice guy and drop me the Hunger of Crota and the Fang of whatever.

Sweet Jesus, why are faction packages so worthless I swear. Over 25 levels between two different characters and not a single shader but countless shards, energies, and commendations...

Finally reached the guardian lord ranks:

tAXu1J.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm back at the game for the first time since October. A lot's changed! How do I get a Vanguard Commendation? I need one to buy stuff from'em.

does knucklehead radar work in inferno?

probably not so i guess i'm wearing symbiote

That would be so unfair if it did work

And there are lots of hiding areas in maps cause I think bungie wants to encourage that kind of play. It's why there's still plenty of special ammo everywhere and "knee pads" is a perk on shotguns and fusion rifles.

Sweet Jesus, why are faction packages so worthless I swear. Over 25 levels between two different characters and not a single shader but countless shards, energies, and commendations...

I hope they fix that soon. I have everything I need and the only real motivation for playing at this point is leveling factions and hoping for something nice. Unfortunately the rewards are just garbage

Ridwald

I'm back at the game for the first time since October. A lot's changed! How do I get a Vanguard Commendation? I need one to buy stuff from'em.

Welcome back :) If you want a commendation you need to gain a level with the vanguard reputation, you'll get a package with a commendation and other items inside.

Ridwald

The package MAY include a commendation. Could be vanguard or crucible. Everything is RNG.

I don't think so, the commendation is automatic for Vanguard and Crucible, all the other items that may be included in the package are RNG ^^ shards and energies all the way ..

If it's not automatic then i really am lucky because i had a commendation every time !

hmm?

leveling up vanguard past 3 should net a vanguard commendation everytime no?

And you get packages from level 3 of the reputation you're levelling

Shito

The package MAY include a commendation. Could be vanguard or crucible. Everything is RNG.
I always got a vanguard commendation when levelling up Vanguard, and always had a crucible commendation when levelling up Dead Orbit.
This part is actually not random, for once. :)

Yes, commendations are guaranteed. Always a Vanguard comm. when leveling Vanguard rep, always a Crucible comm. when leveling any other rep (Crucible or any of the factions).

Congrats on the 4th H Ortho, saw a few of those drop during our runs yesterday.

As far as I've seen, packages can range from this:

B_PjRJBXEAEnlr5.jpg:large

To this:

B_PjKgWXIAATiDU.jpg:large

Guaranteed commendation and consumable like a pizza-ass, random roll for shader, weapon or armor, and other consumables like ass/SCs.

Carn82

So my friends and I used a new cheese spot for Sepiks on the Nightfall that worked really well. Up the stairs on the left from where you start the fight, there are two sets of windows with some panels missing or broken. If you get a small running start you can jump through them into a "secret room." Like with the Valus glitch, no one can hit you in this room. From there, you can shoot out of the missing window panes if you have a Sniper with Armor Penetration, like, say, the Vendor LDR. (It does have to go through the open panes, and it does have to be ArPen.) Take Ice Breaker with you so you can regen ammo, but with three people, Sepiks went down pretty fast.

There's a video showing where the room is here. The guy doesn't use it as a cheese spot, just a place to get away when his health drops.

Hope this helps someone. I tried soloing it on my third character after my friends were done, but I couldn't get past the waves by myself.

Yup, that room works pretty well. I wonder if it will be patched soon :p

Bradach

I got the Abyss Defiant AR last night in CE.

Is this worth leveling up? It has a perk specifically for wizards that looks interesting. Is it any use?

who knew faction shaders would end up being the ultimate grind in the game lol

if i don't get a new exotic after the weekly reset theres really no other reason to do anything other than grind out bounties for shaders.. but doing bounties without something to level up feels like such a waste

crucible and roc strikes i guess are still fun in small bursts

i love this game but it just doesn't give me enough reasons to replay it :( .. granted its given me more reason than any game in years but thats also the reason its disappointing

Shito

Is this worth leveling up? It has a perk specifically for wizards that looks interesting. Is it any use?
Useful for Omnigul.
Other than that, I think it got hit hard by the last patch, like all ARs...

Personally the Abyss Defiant was worth leveling up. The Line Bane perk is a good perk for wizards due to what it does. It pretty much puts a debuff on the Wizards and they try to escape so they won't shoot back, it works on omnigul. But atlast all of the CE raid weapon's perk are not useful besides black hammer. There's not enough wizards to really worry about and with the Auto rifle nerf, I have no idea if it's worth using for the deathsinger section anymore. I used to swith to it for the section but not anymore :/ it should be good for solar burns if you don't have VoC.

Bradach

Useful for Omnigul.
Other than that, I think it got hit hard by the last patch, like all ARs...

Right, i'll level it and keep it for special occasions like Omnigul. it seemed ok in a couple of crucible matches also.

My quest for any decent hand cannon continues...

^Rawr: any luck with PFoil drops?

Right, i'll level it and keep it for special occasions like Omnigul. it seemed ok in a couple of crucible matches also.

My quest for any decent hand cannon continues...

PvE or PvP?

PvE: Fate Bringer is still a beast, agree with Rawr about it. Lots of 331 HCs are fine, unless you can get a really lucky perk roll. Timur's Lash, Crucible vendor TFWPKY, FWC vendor Chance, Words with Scrota all qualify as decent or better with standard perks. Red Hand and Venation can be lucky package drops from New Monarchy and Dead Orbit respectively.

PvP: Exotic HCs are still king, HMoon and Thorn especially weren't hit as hard by the recent nerfs as TLW.

I think I got the worse NF drops ever this week plus gorgons chest.

1. 12 energy
2. 8 energy
3. Payback sos with decent perks(gonna shard)

Why are energies and shards even drops in NF!?

gorgons chest x 3 netted me nothing bu shards and energy...

Bradach

Fatebringer is still the best HC IMO.

I've just made a mental note to get very excited if I see this pop on my screen someday!

^Rawr: any luck with PFoil drops?

PvE or PvP?

PvE: Fate Bringer is still a beast, agree with Rawr about it. Lots of 331 HCs are fine, unless you can get a really lucky perk roll. Timur's Lash, Crucible vendor TFWPKY, FWC vendor Chance, Words with Scrota all qualify as decent or better with standard perks. Red Hand and Venation can be lucky package drops from New Monarchy and Dead Orbit respectively.

PvP: Exotic HCs are still king, HMoon and Thorn especially weren't hit as hard by the recent nerfs as TLW.

I'd say 95% of my time with destiny is PvE. My usual couple of friends don't really like PvP althought I play a couple of quick games from time to time. (i'm working towards Bad JuJu atm).
To be honest I'd be very happy with any 331 HC that dropped. I just like the look and sound of them.

I'm up for a 3x HM oracle lol

not now x_x
Let me know when you're able to do this :)

I've just made a mental note to get very excited if I see this pop on my screen someday!

I'd say 95% of my time with destiny is PvE. My usual couple of friends don't really like PvP althought I play a couple of quick games from time to time. (i'm working towards Bad JuJu atm).
To be honest I'd be very happy with any 331 HC that dropped. I just like the look and sound of them.
Fatebringer only drops at Templar HM. Wait till you get fatebringer, it still outshines any of the new 331 HC, plus it does arc damage.

Bradach

Let me know when you're able to do this :)

Fatebringer only drops at Templar HM. Wait till you get fatebringer, it still outshines any of the new 331 HC, plus it does arc damage.

Oh, a primary with arc. Nice. I'd say this weeks NF is a breeze with it!

VoC HM it is so. I have two characters that can do that so I'll try 2 runs per week until I get it!

I don't know if this has been said before, but I just found out that if you have a special weapon with the surplus perk it will work on heavy ammo drops as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom