• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Anyone up for 3x CE Normal runs? Need as many rad shards as I can get plus the elusive Black Hammer.

1. MattIgoe

So my friends and I used a new cheese spot for Sepiks on the Nightfall that worked really well. Up the stairs on the left from where you start the fight, there are two sets of windows with some panels missing or broken. If you get a small running start you can jump through them into a "secret room." Like with the Valus glitch, no one can hit you in this room. From there, you can shoot out of the missing window panes if you have a Sniper with Armor Penetration, like, say, the Vendor LDR. (It does have to go through the open panes, and it does have to be ArPen.) Take Ice Breaker with you so you can regen ammo, but with three people, Sepiks went down pretty fast.

There's a video showing where the room is here. The guy doesn't use it as a cheese spot, just a place to get away when his health drops.

Hope this helps someone. I tried soloing it on my third character after my friends were done, but I couldn't get past the waves by myself.

You honestly really shouldn't need too. If at least one person in your party has T-Lord and the rest have good arc heavies, you can get Sepiks down in the duration of one titan bubble. When the shanks come out, I just go downstairs where there are no enemies and whale on sepiks from there. Out of three nightfalls only one took more than 180 T-Lord bullets. You can always synth some more or do the heavy ammo glitch on those starting dregs (which I did for weekly)

amar212

I don't know if this has been said before, but I just found out that if you have a special weapon with the surplus perk it will work on heavy ammo drops as well.

Yes, my whole team is running either Snipers or Fusions because of that for Crota.

Also, it works even if you switch weapons after ammo drops - so if you put Corrective Measure on, all heavy ammo that drops while shooting with any weapon with M equipped will have additional ammo when you switch to Gjalahorn for instance.

Once we discovered that in January, we didn't have issues with Heavy Ammo anymore.

Additional quirk is to have weapon with "Shoot to Loot", so you can safely pick up Heavy dropped from Swordbearer while chill in on the balcony.

There's nothing left to. I can't bring myself to play crucible for the 100 marks trophy. Don't need any drops, apart from st. Helm which Xur will hopefully sell on Friday.

I'll help anyone who needs it. Normal, Hard, whatever.

phen0m24

There's nothing left to. I can't bring myself to play crucible for the 100 marks trophy. Don't need any drops, apart from st. Helm which Xur will hopefully sell on Friday.

Death that was one of the last trophies I needed as well. I just played control for a few hours on a Saturday. It did go faster since all the good players were in IB, and we won a lot more... But forcing myself to play and take my time honestly wasn't as bad at I thought. I think I got 70 marks or so in one sitting and I finished the next day. If horrible me can do it I know anyone can. :)

I'd buy the Saint-14. I dislike how it looks, but I need some good exotics for my Bubble Titan.

Bradach

I had enough motes to buy a helmet engram from Xur (my first exotic engram). and it turned into that Saint 14 titan helm! Happy times. Thats the only helm I knew was good, just from browsing this thread.

Its weird that a perk like the blind bubble can completely change the way you use it. Its great for stopping the thrall charge in CE for a quick breather for example.

Death that was one of the last trophies I needed as well. I just played control for a few hours on a Saturday. It did go faster since all the good players were in IB, and we won a lot more... But forcing myself to play and take my time honestly wasn't as bad at I thought. I think I got 70 marks or so in one sitting and I finished the next day. If horrible me can do it I know anyone can. :)

Yeah I guess I'll do it eventually. Just waiting for my titan to have both bad juju and Thorn bounties so I can knock them out at the same time..

Awesome.

Death, you up for some normal mode runs?

Yeah sure I'll hop on if you don't find a full team.

Awesome.

Death, you up for some normal mode runs?

I can hop in if you still need 1. Already did DS+Scrota normal and hard on all characters but don't mind helping out, normal mode is always fast and fun.

edit: just send me a game invite when you are ready to start, if there's someone else needs all the loot they can take my spot, no worries.

gio78

Neo Member
Hey DeathJR,

You wouldnt happen to have that sweet Gorgons CP you regularly supply me, would you?
I need that Gjallarhorn, emmm shards...

Different tastes I suppose.

I think the helm of saint 14 is the best looking titan helmet with also the best utility.

I think praxic fire is ugly.

Achlyophage symbiote helm looks great, especially with the makeshift scarf.

Yes, commendations are guaranteed. Always a Vanguard comm. when leveling Vanguard rep, always a Crucible comm. when leveling any other rep (Crucible or any of the factions).

Congrats on the 4th H Ortho, saw a few of those drop during our runs yesterday.

As far as I've seen, packages can range from this:

B_PjRJBXEAEnlr5.jpg:large

To this:

B_PjKgWXIAATiDU.jpg:large

Guaranteed commendation and consumable like a pizza-ass, random roll for shader, weapon or armor, and other consumables like ass/SCs.

How do you get those Lost Items????

100+ on One and didn't get any Exotic. Now that I moved to PS4 I'm feeling I won't get 'em as well.

noomi

Luck of the Morhidin, thanks for the Raid.

HAWKMOON #2

Sorry Noomi.

Also got Raid Chest and Helm for my Titan. Just need boots for Lvl32.

Lol, that's ok man, I'll get it one day. It's the last exotic I need, so of course it's going to take the longest to get :p

I secretly hate you now though </3

Yup, I'm online right now and Drizz wanted to group up as well.

Helping with another 2 NM CE runs right now, fire up Inferno whenever you guys are ready. If you fill up in the meantime no worries. Definitely curious to try out the mode as long as we have 4+ in the fireteam. Looks like:

Inferno team:

1.) Kartik
2.) L-Reaper
3.) Ikkarus
4.) Rubenov
5.) Unstable
6.) whoever wants it now, or Drizzy in 45-60 min.

Namikaze1

Sigh. None of the vids from last night's weekly run uploaded overnight. The first one just finished uploading two minutes ago. Working on the second. Still got two more videos after that, including today's daily. Sigh.

Goddamn, just spent 45 minutes carrying two random 29's through the Weekly. They'd clearly never heard of the Lightswitch modifier before, because they kept rushing in and getting their asses smacked, blown up and/or otherwise incapacitated. One of them actually quit out because he rushed into the middle of the area with the Spider tank and I was taking my time whittling down the tank before coming to get him.

I should've brought some better weapons, though. Kept running out of heavy and special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom