• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Prudence II w/ Arc, Outlaw, Take A Knee, Armor Piercing, and Custom Optics. Is it a keeper? Seems like a pretty low impact Sniper, but it does have really good stability.

Eh, not great perks for a Sniper. Prudence is a good base stat Sniper for PvP, but those perks won't do much to inprove it.

Waldini

NF gave me shit.
Gorgon Chests gave me shit.
Crota gave me shit.
Atheon gave me shit.

Random Legendary drop gave me my 4th Gjallarhorn >_>

Still; im on team #ForeverNoHunger

NF gave me shit.
Gorgon Chests gave me shit.
Crota gave me shit.
Atheon gave me shit.

Random Legendary drop gave me my 4th Gjallarhorn >_>

Still; im on team #ForeverNoHunger

Well, at least you are Ghorned up across the board.

Honestly, Hunger is just decent. Not many situations you would have a loadout where picking another Exotic to go with Hunger is better than having Ghorn equipped.

noomi

Seems like everyone is missing at least one thing right? Does anyone actually have EVERYTHING? every exotic weapon, every raid piece...etc?

Nami doesn't count....

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Seems like everyone is missing at least one thing right? Does anyone actually have EVERYTHING? every exotic weapon, every raid piece...etc?

Nami doesn't count....
Rawr has all weapons and armor. I am missing Ghorn and Skull of Dire Ahamkara. Nami is missing that helmet too.

Nerfed in what way?

Stability bar used to be almost max, highest of any shotgun. It also fires a lot slower.

Omni

I actually can't get the raid pistol. Weird as fuck. At this point I'm sure they've got something in place that lowers the chance of people getting everything from the raid to keep them playing.

It makes absolutely no sense that I've had two Crux of Crota drops before a legendary pistol. And like a million scout rifles. This is across two characters too. I don't even know

Played a bit last night. After seeing all those GHorn drops yesterday I was so pumped to try my chance at it.
2 Exotic chances at the Gorgon chest.
Nothing in return
I did manage to get Fatebringer finally from Templar though. I guess thats like acquiring an exotic in itself.

Looking forward to running the NF 2x and Crota\Atheon for my last few exotic chances. #itsnotoveryet
#teamnoballerhorn :(

Nami doesn't count....
Think iceman has everything, even the IB stuff. Just got a hard light last night to finish his collection.

RetroMG

Played a bit last night. After seeing all those GHorn drops yesterday I was so pumped to try my chance at it.
2 Exotic chances at the Gorgon chest.
Nothing in return
I did manage to get Fatebringer finally from Templar though. I guess thats like acquiring an exotic in itself.

Looking forward to running the NF 2x and Crota\Atheon for my last few exotic chances. #itsnotoveryet
#teamnoballerhorn :(

I know those feels, bro. After talking to a buddy I think I need to learn to appreciate the drops I already have.

That said, I still have HM CE that I can run up to three times this week, so I'm keeping a tiny glimmer of hope.

shermas

I jumped in on a gorgon CP (hard) last night to get the chest... does that mean that, if I run the VoG on Normal today, I won't get ANY drops?

I will save the oracles checkpoint for you and whomever wants it.

You got anymore of them oracle checkpoints?

IFWT_Poop5.jpg

Might try and get a VoG group together tonight so my cousin can go through it again. He's talked about it nonstop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Nami doesn't count....
On the weapon side, my lone desire remaining is the Praetorian Foil. I'd actually use the crap out of it too unlike many. I'd like a couple IB weapons just cause they're cool, and could stand to upgrade a couple, but mostly I have the ones I want. I still need the Crux/Necrochasm but only care for completion's sake. Don't even have a husk of the pit yet. :p

I still need the Skull of Dire Ahamkara but otherwise I've got every exotic armor piece too.

Deku Tree

Exotics armor I am missing

Helm St 14
Ruin Wings
The Armamentarium
Knucklehead Radar

Exotic Weapons I am missing

Necrochasm

Xur please bring Helm St 14 on Friday!!!

Waldini

Oh man, I feel SOOOOO sorry for you. How do you sleep at night? It must be so difficult to be you.

Awwww! Thanks. /butthurt?

I mean... Getting 7 Shards, 9 coins and 11 Energies is getting old, fast. Nightfalls should ATLEAST give you better stuff then the Weekly.

Well, at least you are Ghorned up across the board.

Honestly, Hunger is just decent. Not many situations you would have a loadout where picking another Exotic to go with Hunger is better than having Ghorn equipped.

True. But it would give me a chance to play with another Exotic when I have the Hunger. Its weird. Running Normal CE three times a week and havent even gotten the Launcher yet. Well, it DOES keep me playing :)

stb

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)

Thanks, as always, gents.

We started by doing the gorgon chest from captscience's CP. It was a dud CP; no one got anything.

We ran full NM CE 2x and HM Atheon 3x.

The CE runs were clean, fast, and uneventful. Shotties cleaned house in the abyss, and my being 32 definitely helped survivability (I've only lived to cross the abyss bridge into the light twice, and it seemed like almost a foregone conclusion last night).

We started at Gorgons, and discovered you can't bum-rush the right gorgon chest (the one with just materials). Even if you have time before the Gorgon's Gaze kills everyone, if you cross the threshold to the door the chest is in, you instantly die. It was hilarious how rusty we've all gotten at Gatekeepers/Atheon. I think just the Atheon kills took almost as long as the full CE raids.

PROTIP: Fatebringers are NOT a good choice for killing the first gatekeeper from the door to Atheon's clubhouse. We'd been talking about swordbreaker wrecking praetorians, so no one had IB equipped. It was a disaster. Swordbreaker DOES wreck praetorians, though. You get one shot in as they rush and melee you, then you kill them, then you heal before the next one. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I pulled
- CE chest for my warlock (just need arms or helmet to have the gear to hit 32 with him when he was just level 14 a few days ago)
- Song of Ir Yut (second, but my warlock doesn't have any decent MG)
- No Land Beyond (new to me! Only 3 left: Hard Light, 4th Horseman, Red Death)
- a bunch of rad shards
- Hezen Vengence (umpteenth, but I'd been sharding them. It'll be my warlock's go-to RL until he gets a HoC)
- Timebreaker, of course

One guy (Verde) got his first Vex, and a few other exotics were sharded by others. I'm not sure there were any other noteworthy drops (other than me getting two helmets and someone else getting two Atheon's Epilogues in the same drop); at least I don't remember anyone saying they got an exotic or legendary they didn't have and wanted, or a piece of armor they needed.

That said, we had good time was had, as always, and we fleshed out the character we've built for GRIP (since he doesn't have a mic).

shermas

Awwww! Thanks. /butthurt?

I mean... Getting 7 Shards, 9 coins and 11 Energies is getting old, fast. Nightfalls should ATLEAST give you better stuff then the Weekly.

True. But it would give me a chance to play with another Exotic when I have the Hunger. Its weird. Running Normal CE three times a week and havent even gotten the Launcher yet. Well, it DOES keep me playing :)

At least the coins give you some flexibility when Xur shows up... sitting on 100 shards (or whatever) is pretty stale. Especially when you can always grab some with the Public Events or Daily Story missions.

Waldini

At least the coins give you some flexibility when Xur shows up... sitting on 100 shards (or whatever) is pretty stale. Especially when you can always grab some with the Public Events or Daily Story missions.

True.

I have 451 Ass Shards and 400+ Energies :p Also have near 80 coins. Had 300 but spent most on Heavy Ammo lol...

Now it shows that Destiny lacks content.

LTWood12

On the weapon side, my lone desire remaining is the Praetorian Foil. I'd actually use the crap out of it too unlike many. I'd like a couple IB weapons just cause they're cool, and could stand to upgrade a couple, but mostly I have the ones I want. I still need the Crux/Necrochasm but only care for completion's sake. Don't even have a husk of the pit yet. :p

I still need the Skull of Dire Ahamkara but otherwise I've got every exotic armor piece too.

I love using the Foil in VoG. Probably my luckiest Raid run ever was my second or third full VoG hard run. Got Praetorian Foil, Fatebringer (T-44 got both in the same run too), and Praedyth's Timepiece. T-44 got a Hard Light from the chest on that run too.

BokehKing

Banned
Gaf, I've been banned for a week, what a long week it was, I've been waiting almost 5 full days to say to Todd and everyone else, congrats on getting your Praxic Fire, the thread on the game side was amazing

Navid

I can do this, have not heard from brianjones yet. I will check the thread in ~3 hours to see if there are any more people interested in this.
I'm here for another 2 hours. That makes 4 of us, any more for oracles/templar/atheon?

IRawr
DeathJr.
Navid
Feorax
Sorry guys that I wasn't there closer to 4PM, my work stuff ran a bit late so only got back a few min ago... hope you managed to get enough people and run through it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom