• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Seems like everyone is missing at least one thing right? Does anyone actually have EVERYTHING? every exotic weapon, every raid piece...etc?

Nami doesn't count....
E92. He can actually say what he wants before a loot drop and he'll get it, no matter how rare. I've seen him get a crux from completing the abyss. No, that's not a typo.

Dave_6

Yep, no matter the drops (or lack thereof), always a fun time with this group.

STILL no CE helm for my Warlock or Titan as well as no HoC either. The only exotics I got from all that was a duplicate Suros and my 3rd Hard Light. The ones I still need are Thunderlord, Red Death and the 4th Horseman.

Not going to have any expectations from the NFs tonight.

E92 M3

Seems like everyone is missing at least one thing right? Does anyone actually have EVERYTHING? every exotic weapon, every raid piece...etc?

Nami doesn't count....

I finally got every weapon with the Suros drop yesterday :)

E92. He can actually say what he wants before a loot drop and he'll get it, no matter how rare. I've seen him get a crux from completing the abyss. No, that's not a typo.

Propaganda.jpg

KxoZz

The sound the VoG relic makes when you R1 swing in the air is probably one of the best sounds I have ever heard in my life. I run shield just to hear that eargasmic sound.

Iceman829

Nami doesn't count....

As of last night I got the last exotic I needed in the game. I have 1 of each character. Full raid gear (VoG / CE) and all exotic weapons and armor. All of them are fully level except for my Hard Light that dropped last night and Praxic Fire that I just bought from Xur. I only need some IB gear and I'll have everything.

Finally upgraded the Ally to the Crapcochasm.

Exotics missing:
Mask of the Third Man
4th Horseman
SGA (working on the bounty)

Notable Legendaries missing:
P Foil
Crota Hard Ship

ZERO infusion raid helms so far. But they'll be worthless for NON-HardCE anyways, most likely. Unless they do a non-healing mission for a strike or normal HoW Raid.

E92 M3

Finally upgraded the Ally to the Crapcochasm.

Exotics missing:
Mask of the Third Man
4th Horseman
SGA (working on the bounty)

Notable Legendaries missing:
P Foil
Crota Hard Ship

ZERO infusion raid helms so far. But they'll be worthless for NON-HardCE anyways, most likely. Unless they do a non-healing mission for a strike or normal HoW Raid.

It's not crap, just misunderstood!

spyder_ur

Only Exotic Weapons I need are Monte Carlo, Red Death (my current white whale), Super Good Advice, and Necrochasm. Armor I'm missing is Saint-14 and Lucky Raspberry.

Have all Crota weapons and all VoG weapons except the foil and, strangely it seems, Hezen Vengeance.

GRIP

That said, we had good time was had, as always, and we fleshed out the character we've built for GRIP (since he doesn't have a mic).

One day I'm gonna get a mic and wait for you guys to start up with your shit and then I'm just gonna unleash my sexy voice. Until that day, pointing and dancing will have to do.

spyder_ur

We started at Gorgons, and discovered you can't bum-rush the right gorgon chest (the one with just materials). Even if you have time before the Gorgon's Gaze kills everyone, if you cross the threshold to the door the chest is in, you instantly die. It was hilarious how rusty we've all gotten at Gatekeepers/Atheon. I think just the Atheon kills took almost as long as the full CE raids.

That said, we had good time was had, as always, and we fleshed out the character we've built for GRIP (since he doesn't have a mic).

STILL no CE helm for my Warlock or Titan as well as no HoC either. The only exotics I got from all that was a duplicate Suros and my 3rd Hard Light. The ones I still need are Thunderlord, Red Death and the 4th Horseman.

Yeah those were fun. Grip is the best even if he does make poor decisions on which portal to throw grenades in.

From that last Atheon kill I did actually get a Vex, Vision, and Epilogue, which is a pretty crazy drop. Had them all, but still.

Dave_6

One day I'm gonna get a mic and wait for you guys to start up with your shit and then I'm just gonna unleash my sexy voice. Until that day, pointing and dancing will have to do.

LOL! Sorry about nearly knocking you off the rock in the Abyss last night.

noomi

I feel like if I was on PS4 I could get any checkpoint at any hour in this thread lol.

Y... you're not the the ps4? All this time I thought you were playing on the playstation lol... I guess that explains why you aren't on my friends list :(

I don't know what it is, but I get TONS of helm drops in CE. Crota has dropped way more helms for me than weapons. It is nice to have options, but I want some guns. Particularly Black Hammer and Word of Crota. Crota raid may have actually dropped more Exotic Weapons for me than Raid Weapons. Very strange RNG.

E92 M3

Y... you're not the the ps4? All this time I thought you were playing on the playstation lol... I guess that explains why you aren't on my friends list :(

Just a lonely Xboner that migrated from the 360. I LOVED my PS2, but PS3 was something that never captivated me. I will get PS4 for Bloodborne and No Man's Sky. Unfortunately, since I can't transfer my Destiny profile, I won't restart.

Inferno is such a clusterfuck joke with a full fireteam. Matches that last 4 minutes, never seeing heavy spawn, every match is a 2-3x score blowout. It would be a total nightmare as a random though. We only had one semi-competitive match in however many hours, against another full fireteam. Then we blew them out by 9k the next round and they left.

Best thing I can say is that it's an extremely quick way to get Crucible marks. GG everyone, I'll go through Destiny Tracker to see how many matches our undefeated streak lasted.

LordofPwn

So i think i figured out the WoL and RL conundrum.

Explosions are not considered weapon damage.

it's the same kind of effect with explosive rounds.

If you land a critical hit with an explosive round you won't do as much damage as a critical hit with a non explosive round from the same weapon.

This chart illustrates this:
bullet%20dmg%20chart.png

So with rocket launchers theres an explosion and then there is also an impact. the impact is like a regular bullet* and can thus be modified by WoL.

We should check and see if grenades do more damage with WoL or not.

*need to check if rocket does increased damage to crit spots. I know it doesn't show up as yellow, but we do know fusion rifles can crit and those numbers don't pop as yellow. otherwise this rocket impact isn't modified by crit multiplier.

Dave_6

I don't know what it is, but I get TONS of helm drops in CE. Crota has dropped way more helms for me than weapons. It is nice to have options, but I want some guns. Particularly Black Hammer and Word of Crota. Crota raid may have actually dropped more Exotic Weapons for me than Raid Weapons. Very strange RNG.

What's odd is that I've gotten three of them for my Hunter and the first one that dropped was my 2nd piece of armor I ever got from CE.

Steroyd

Nami doesn't count....

Only missing Song of Ir Yut.

If we include Iron Banner then lol, need more vault space

Shito

And other titan armor pieces look good?

Ruin wings is probably the best looking armor piece in the game but besides that Titans look silly
Oh I agree, Titans are the ugliest ones of them 3. But Saint 14 really doesn't work well on a female Titan I find, it's just... too big. And goofy.
For the look, I use a Skullfort, with the added bonus of it working with shaders on a female character: it's quite nice with Chatterwhite.

Thanks, as always, gents.
We started by doing the gorgon chest from captscience's CP. It was a dud CP; no one got anything.

Thanks for the write up! I hate to see that my terrible relationship with RNG seems to be affecting others. Despite that and not getting any drops any value, a great time as always!

excellent. but what about when you hit an enemy with a grenade, like in the face? does that number go up?

hmmm as in the really small collision hit marker? I don't think so but not 100%, I'll post if I notice something, going through saved videos right now anyway since my system storage has been maxed out.... need to free up some space.

PuMa

Inferno is such a clusterfuck joke with a full fireteam. Matches that last 4 minutes, never seeing heavy spawn, every match is a 2-3x score blowout. It would be a total nightmare as a random though. We only had one semi-competitive match in however many hours, against another full fireteam. Then we blew them out by 9k the next round and they left.

Best thing I can say is that it's an extremely quick way to get Crucible marks. GG everyone, I'll go through Destiny Tracker to see how many matches our undefeated streak lasted.

Interesting. My experience with Inferno has been very different so far. I actually like it a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom