• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehsa

Great run, thanks guys. Some people hate on it but I actually really like the Phoggy Shuffle Strike, especially that version of it. Da loots!:

B_UBAuYW0AAI8on.jpg:large

You forgot the extra secret scrub sauce: gotta be Lv30 AND die in the crystal room. Loot system deciphered.

Nice, I forgot to screenshot. That was the best run of that strike I have ever done Xyor died in seconds, and good stunlock on Shrek man

coy

Great run, thanks guys. Some people hate on it but I actually really like the Phoggy Shuffle Strike, especially that version of it. Da loots!:

B_UBAuYW0AAI8on.jpg:large

You forgot the extra secret scrub sauce: gotta be Lv30 AND die in the crystal room. Loot system deciphered.
Ooh close, had the dying part down but I was lv32. Next time, I'll just ask you for a Gorgon checkpoint. Seems to be the best method.

Nice, I forgot to screenshot. That was the best run of that strike I have ever done Xyor died in seconds, and good stunlock on Shrek man

I scrubbed up the Share button otherwise I would have saved the video for some extended Phoggy Shuffle gifs :(

Alright, so I'll get my level 28 gear and that should net me my Hawkmoon! When you running the next Hard Crota, I'm finna get dis dun]

Speaking of gifs... Where do you people find these things. I'm not playing right now but if you were serious about HM Scrota I don't mind helping if there's a group for it.

Edit: there's your chance w Kartik!

someday

Banned
I just carried my friend's level 27 warlock through the nightfall and he got a Godhorn. The only weapon I still really want. I'm happy for him...but still...

Feorax

Quick question.

If I beat Crota on NM, but dont get an exotic drop, do I still have a chance of getting one on HM or has the roll already been done?

Quick question.

If I beat Crota on NM, but dont get an exotic drop, do I still have a chance of getting one on HM or has the roll already been done?

You still have a chance. People have gotten exotics on hard after not getting one on normal and people have even gotten an exotic from both. Keep in mind Crux is like the Vex and is actually a separate roll from the exotic weapon roll itself.

2real4tv

Well you had plenty of opportunities to buy an IB now at least. I got 2x Horn dropped, both in the last three weeks. And I maxxed both too. I might max out a third if I ever got it. I have three max IB.

I have 90% of all exotics. 96% of all exotic weapons. 85% of all exotic armor.

I have two was just noting I would not have any if it wasn't sold.

Shito

One person got up to ask why they didn't have a Gjallarhorn despite playing for over 700 hours. Hopson said that unfortunately, SOMEone had to end up being that unlucky.
That's a very weird answer to make, honestly.
Instead of acknowledging an obvious flaw in their design, they prefer playing the "suck it up, life's a bitch" line, like they can't change anything about their system...

Another person got up to ask if Bungie could stop Xur from selling more No Land Beyond—the gun that is infamous for being awful. Hopson said it was out of his control.
It seems like it's nobody's responsibility what shows up at Xur's.
I especially like the fact that the person asks if Bungie could make him stop selling NLB, and he answers that he personally has no control over it.
Surely someone does, though...

Hopson mentioned that Bungie didn't expect the random drops to be as big of a deal as they ended up being. What they were expecting was for players to simply buy better gear, and to have random drops act as the cherry on top, so to speak. Instead, players have latched onto the RNG, and it's affecting their perception of the game.
I would love to buy better gear, sadly I can't buy neither raid gear nor the exotics I am missing, because somehow the mysterious guy responsible for Xur got them out of the table because. What he's describing totally works up until level 31, and I'm totally fine with that, and I actually think it is pretty well designed, even if it could be more refined / better presented to the players.
But what people are bitching about with the RNG comes at endgame, when vendors don't offer anything interesting to you anymore, and you are relegated to playing the slots machine to get better gear.
I'm ok with them using this design in the idea that it will get people keep on playing more than if they could buy anything they wanted from a raid or exotic vendor, but don't play the line of "RNG is just cherry on top" when it clearly is not once you reach endgame, please. And if you really want to make RNG less relevant, start introducing ways for us to grind and buy those endgame gears, even if it means having to grind for several weeks to buy a specific exotic of our choice.
RNG really is their scapegoat for deflecting a lot of the critics made at the game.
"Xur is random, it's not our fault he's selling Dragon's Breath yet again!".
"You still don't have the Horn? Well, someone has to be unlucky, you know...".
"Oh yeah, what a bastard this Rahool is, heh, won't give an exotic either!".
etc.

The hardest missions for players end up being ones like the "Chamber of the Night" level—essentially, levels where players are locked in a room where they have to defeat waves, right before having to go up against a boss. These levels don't have save points between waves, and they exist as "skill checks" for players—you can't hang back and snipe or anything like that. "You're either good enough to survive or not," Hopson said. Apparently, some of these levels ended up being so difficult, that they lost a "few percentage of players" during these points—and sometimes, these players wouldn't ever try the levels again.
Well, to be fair, it's also that this design is not really fun to play with. What they did with TDB's missions is that they once again looked at how players played the game, decided it was not the correct way, and forced their hand to make them follow the "how you are supposed to be having fun" mantra. People use small caveats or stay at the entrance to take pot shots / snipe away? Well, let's just make circular rooms with lots of adds in them, and block the entry with a closing door / random sigil appearing on the ground! I didn't find those missions really that much difficult, but it's true that I only played them a few times before becoming incredibly bored by this particular design. Before TDB I used to religiously complete the daily every day, on all my characters. Now I just don't even look at it anymore, because having those boring missions show up that often gave me the habit of not considering this feature anymore...

I don't know why they keep on having those Q&A sessions when they keep on feeding us the same non-answers. And even though I'm now quite used to it, I'll always find it sad seeing how they really don't seem to understand their own game...

Shito

Has our favorite data miner already told us what to expect from Xur tomorrow?
The one guy that found how megaman was doing and started posting his leaks had this to say:

XUR STOCK:

March 6th

Helm of Saint 14 (106/114 Int)
Young Ahamkara's Spine (91/98 Dis)
Skull of Dire Ahamkara (94/101 Int)
Icebreaker
Chest Engram
Heavy Ammo

March 13th

No Backup Plans (77/83 Str)
Crest of Alpha Lupi - Hunter (157/169 Str!!!)
Light Beyond Nemesis (108/115 Str)
Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram
No Heavy Ammo
I think megaman also said Icebreaker and Saint 14.

Sullichin

Has Bungie said anything about Phantom Gift on Word of Crota? Even if it worked with explosive rounds and Hive Disruptor it wouldn't be a very good perk. I hope they just replace with something else. Firefly obviously. Or Crowd Control, or perhaps a unique perk that is actually good.

Perks and low ammo reserves aside I really like Word, while it's low impact it's really stable for fast headshots and the ADS time is amazing.

If the Saint helmet is true, so bought. My Titan needs some Bubble love.

Also decided I'm gonna shell out for the DLC pass a bit later today. I want to try CE.

Skele7on

Banned
I now don't need anything from this game. Crux would be nice, but meh it's bad....

I can't believe I got it on Normal Mode, Drizzy the hero was like you can get exotics on normal I was like What?

We did it with no wipes, next thing I know that sweet yellow came down the left hand side, if it wasn't 12am at the time, I would have screamed more.

I am one happy guardian, I have 30 bounties ready so going to rank it tonight hopefully can get to wolf pack rounds, we'll see, what's the average bounty count to max it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom