• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perks are Hip fire, Flared Magwell/send it/APR, and Feeding Frenzy.

I'm not much of a FR user, but it looks like a decent roll.

Trolley Problem is an extreme case of the high impact/slow charge rate class of FRs, so personally I'd say it's a no go unless it has accelerated coils to partially offset the intended weakness of the gun. Especially true in the case of TP because the Crucible vendor version has Acc. Coils, which (to me) automatically makes it better. You really don't need more range in that middle column (send it).

@Drubbed- lol I was super psyched for you man, we had just been talking about how it was the only one you needed, timing was perfect. This graphic was before TDB launched, my understanding is that the required XP is less now (maybe by 10%?) but really not sure. Still a good baseline idea:

IceBreakerEXP.jpg

I now don't need anything from this game. Crux would be nice, but meh it's bad....

I can't believe I got it on Normal Mode, Drizzy the hero was like you can get exotics on normal I was like What?

We did it with no wipes, next thing I know that sweet yellow came down the left hand side, if it wasn't 12am at the time, I would have screamed more.

I am one happy guardian, I have 30 bounties ready so going to rank it tonight hopefully can get to wolf pack rounds, we'll see, what's the average bounty count to max it?

According to DestinyDB, Gjallarhorn takes 112.5K XP to unlock Wolfpack Rounds. 250K XP to Max it out.

I don't know how much Telemetries or Nightfall buff give, but you need a lot of bounties.

Feorax

Trolley Problem is an extreme case of the high impact/slow charge rate class of FRs, so personally I'd say it's a no go unless it has accelerated coils to partially offset the intended weakness of the gun. Especially true in the case of TP because the Crucible vendor version has Acc. Coils, which (to me) automatically makes it better. You really don't need more range in that middle column (send it).

Good call. Like I say, I'm not much if a FR user, so I don't know that much about them.

Shame though, would be the ultimate troll killing people with a FR through a wall.

nOoblet16

That's a very weird answer to make, honestly.
Instead of acknowledging an obvious flaw in their design, they prefer playing the "suck it up, life's a bitch" line, like they can't change anything about their system...

It seems like it's nobody's responsibility what shows up at Xur's.
I especially like the fact that the person asks if Bungie could make him stop selling NLB, and he answers that he personally has no control over it.
Surely someone does, though...

I would love to buy better gear, sadly I can't buy neither raid gear nor the exotics I am missing, because somehow the mysterious guy responsible for Xur got them out of the table because. What he's describing totally works up until level 31, and I'm totally fine with that, and I actually think it is pretty well designed, even if it could be more refined / better presented to the players.
But what people are bitching about with the RNG comes at endgame, when vendors don't offer anything interesting to you anymore, and you are relegated to playing the slots machine to get better gear.
I'm ok with them using this design in the idea that it will get people keep on playing more than if they could buy anything they wanted from a raid or exotic vendor, but don't play the line of "RNG is just cherry on top" when it clearly is not once you reach endgame, please. And if you really want to make RNG less relevant, start introducing ways for us to grind and buy those endgame gears, even if it means having to grind for several weeks to buy a specific exotic of our choice.
RNG really is their scapegoat for deflecting a lot of the critics made at the game.
"Xur is random, it's not our fault he's selling Dragon's Breath yet again!".
"You still don't have the Horn? Well, someone has to be unlucky, you know...".
"Oh yeah, what a bastard this Rahool is, heh, won't give an exotic either!".
etc.

Well, to be fair, it's also that this design is not really fun to play with. What they did with TDB's missions is that they once again looked at how players played the game, decided it was not the correct way, and forced their hand to make them follow the "how you are supposed to be having fun" mantra. People use small caveats or stay at the entrance to take pot shots / snipe away? Well, let's just make circular rooms with lots of adds in them, and block the entry with a closing door / random sigil appearing on the ground! I didn't find those missions really that much difficult, but it's true that I only played them a few times before becoming incredibly bored by this particular design. Before TDB I used to religiously complete the daily every day, on all my characters. Now I just don't even look at it anymore, because having those boring missions show up that often gave me the habit of not considering this feature anymore...

I don't know why they keep on having those Q&A sessions when they keep on feeding us the same non-answers. And even though I'm now quite used to it, I'll always find it sad seeing how they really don't seem to understand their own game...

Cherry on top my ass !
When Crota HM is level 33, you pretty much need level 32 to play it which is dependent on RNG, I had to wait 4 weeks before I was able to get to level 32 just because I didn't have a chest armour which I had to buy from Xur at the end (I had raid armour and exotic armour for head, leg and hand ), and 3 weeks after that I got a raid chest drop. So if it wasn't for Xur selling Hunter's Crest of Alpa Lupi, it would have taken me 7 weeks just to get the one stuff needed to hit level 32.

Skele7on

Banned
@Drubbed- lol I was super psyched for you man, we had just been talking about how it was the only one you needed, timing was perfect. This graphic was before TDB launched, my understanding is that the required XP is less now (maybe by 10%?) but really not sure. Still a good baseline idea:

IceBreakerEXP.jpg

It was beautiful thanks! Now to delete a hunter rank a Titan and become bubble boy X shooter of Crota.

Cheers for info, that aint too bad.

According to DestinyDB, Gjallarhorn takes 112.5K XP to unlock Wolfpack Rounds. 250K XP to Max it out.

I don't know how much Telemetries or Nightfall buff give, but you need a lot of bounties.

Awesome cheers for the info I have 125K in bounties so plus nightfall and telemetries it's a good good start, should have it maxed by Saturday I should imagine. Also will rank my infusion hunter helm at the same time which'll be done in no time at all...

Sullichin

I never understood that: how the perk is supposed to be used to on other weapons?
It's nothing but a useless perk on a weapon that can't benefit from it...

I believe it allows the projectiles to travel through multiple targets. But, I also don't think a sniper needs AP Rounds to do that. I've gotten two kills with one headshot with snipers that don't have AP, like No Land Beyond. I doubt they intended AP rounds to be wallhax for Snipers and useless for other weapons. I don't really get it.

Sullichin

Tooltip for Radiant Energy:

"Obtained from Raids, in smaller amounts from Nightfall events, and rarely from other sources in the world."

Bullshit.

Skele7on

Banned
I say this all the time but I will say it again, Xur is designed to attract the weekend casual players,
it's a timed event that makes people check Destiny out and see what he has for sale and if they like it they then proceed to do the weekly ect and try get the coin to buy that Item they want,

Guys like us that are straight up addicted and only require one or two things don't have a massive need for him anymore.
MOST of the equipment Xur has been giving out recently has been fairly insane,
if we were to take these Xur days and move them back a couple of months we would have been going insane at how amazing it is.

We're all tunnel visioned, we're working Destiny, not playing it anymore.

But at the same time I am speaking from my experience, I looking back have had a really lucky streak of getting exotics I needed, when others have been straight up jipped.

Did three Crota runs. Nothing of real note besides infusion helms for warlock and titan. Someone who didnt have it got Hawkmoon though. Always nice to see someones reaction when something like that happens.

Namikaze1

Good morning, DGAF!

It snowed here (barely three inches) with a bit of ice on the road and daily is a terrible one. Such a great start to my 22nd birthday.

Save me from this daily

So is skull of dire ahamkara good ?

It's a good Void Walker PvP exotic. Although Obsidian Mind is also good for that same role, and better for PvE. Light Beyond Nemesis is the Warlock helm with Infusion so that'd be the go-to for HM CE.

Skull is definitely worth picking up unless you are really short on coins. First time he's ever sold it (assuming Bungie doesn't change it).

I never understood that: how the perk is supposed to be used to on other weapons?
It's nothing but a useless perk on a weapon that can't benefit from it...

I've found it works well for just melting mobs when lightswitch is on or on a FR for the 'secondary/fusion multi-kill kills n times' bounties. I quite like AP on Bad JuJu for the same reason, combine it with the auto reload perk and it almost acts like a LMG. I have a Red Hand XI with two speed reload perks, APR/Hammer/dunno Forged which I wind up swapping between constantly depending on whether I need range or mob squishing.

Shito

I say this all the time but I will say it again, Xur is designed to attract the weekend casual players,
it's a timed event that makes people check Destiny out and see what he has for sale and if they like it they then proceed to do the weekly ect and try get the coin to buy that Item they want,

Guys like us that are straight up addicted and only require one or two things don't have a massive need for him anymore.
MOST of the equipment Xur has been giving out recently has been fairly insane,
if we were to take these Xur days and move them back a couple of months we would have been going insane at how amazing it is.

We're all tunnel visioned, we're working Destiny, not playing it anymore.

But at the same time I am speaking from my experience, I looking back have had a really lucky streak of getting exotics I needed, when others have been straight up jipped.
The problem with this kind of argument is that there really is no reason why he couldn't please both populations. Making him sell every possible exotic, with an even rotation in his schedule, or excluding the "best ones" from his table but making him sell weapon engrams from time to time would go a long way into pleasing quite everybody.
The only reason they leave him at that is because they somehow think that people will stop playing the game once they get the one loot they wanted so much. Some of them will, but just like some others will stop having to deal with this bullshit and stop playing before that.
Xur is a nice idea, I have no problem with him being in the game, and I have no problem seeing more and more weeks with nothing for me to buy from him. I do, however, have a problem with him selling that many dupes, and the whole heavy ammo bullshit before the patch. I also have a problem with Bungie not wanting him to sell the Horn.

Skele7on

Banned
The problem with this kind of argument is that there really is no reason why he couldn't please both populations. Making him sell every possible exotic, with an even rotation in his schedule, or excluding the "best ones" from his table but making him sell weapon engrams from time to time would go a long way into pleasing quite everybody.

The only reason they leave him at that is because they somehow think that people will stop playing the game once they get the one loot they wanted so much. Some of them will, but just like some others will stop having to deal with this bullshit and stop playing before that.

Xur is a nice idea, I have no problem with him being in the game, and I have no problem seeing more and more weeks with nothing for me to buy from him. I do, however, have a problem with him selling that many dupes, and the whole heavy ammo bullshit before the patch. I also have a problem with Bungie not wanting him to sell the Horn.

I agree that they should be catering to both parties but when you're dealing with RNG it's quite hard to do, I agree he should sell all exotics and also have it written in his "code" if it is a code that if weapon X is sold in week Y the following month the chance of him bringing it back should be reduced by 75% to lower the chances of duplicates.

Weapon engrams would be a great idea and I do not know why they have not been thrusted into the rotation, but I think that's to do with the "Every weapon has a story" idea they had which by all means has flawed somewhat, so they don't want it to be bought it off Xur for X number of coins, but lol drizzy, my mate and I played normal mode last night and got monte carlo and Gjallahorn (I'm not complaining)

I personally would like to see Xur in the future become santa claus, we already have the grinch at the tower ( the cryptarch) so we need a good guy that is actually there to help us out, I will say that now we have the chance to get engrams every week that is far better than him forgetting them, which was quite frankly very annoying!

noomi

Morning dgaf! Another snowy day here in Northern NJ, unfortunately I still need to be at work and can not play with you :(

Maxed my patience and time last night, and now I'm off to leveling the universal remote....

Xur Wishlist for tomorrow:

- Red Death Upgrade (PLEASE!)
- Shotgun telemetry
- Pulse Rifle Telemetry
- Handcanon Telemetry

Yeah... I'm on a exotic weapon leveling spree now since it's really the only thing I can do besides grinding roc strikes for dat minimal hawkmoon drop chance.

Why did they hide the most interesting and fun sword encounter at the end of this stupid Urn quest ?!?

I'll join again when you load it up with your other character nami. If anybody here has never played it you should join us :p

Skele7on

Banned
Why did they hide the most interesting and fun sword encounter at the end of this stupid Urn quest ?!?

I'll join again when you load it up with your other character nami. If anybody here has never played it you should join us :p

No idea but I agree I love that level!

Namikaze1

Morning dgaf! Another snowy day here in Northern NJ, unfortunately I still need to be at work and can not play with you :(

Maxed my patience and time last night, and now I'm off to leveling the universal remote....

Xur Wishlist for tomorrow:

- Red Death Upgrade (PLEASE!)
- Shotgun telemetry
- Pulse Rifle Telemetry
- Handcanon Telemetry

Yeah... I'm on a exotic weapon leveling spree now since it's really the only thing I can do besides grinding roc strikes for dat minimal hawkmoon drop chance.
Gjallarhorn upgrade is what I want.

Namikaze1

You must have been holding on to that old gjally for a while then eh?
I didn't wanted to upgrade it! I got that beast days before it was sold!

But now, the time has come to let it evolve. No longer shall I be like Ash and keep the Thunderstone away from Pikachu.

Namikaze1

I was heading off to shower and get ready for class only to see that as of ten minutes ago, the college will open at 10:30AM instead of its usual 7:30AM. No class for me today!

Also, it's is snowing a bit heavily now. What a great birthday! No seriously, it is. I didn't wanted to go to class.

noomi

I was heading off to shower and get ready for class only to see that as of ten minutes ago, the college will open at 10:30AM instead of its usual 7:30AM. No class for me today!

Also, it's is snowing a bit heavily now. What a great birthday! No seriously, it is. I didn't wanted to go to class.

Started snowing here heavy as well within the last 30minutes. What state do you live in?

Also.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAMI!

Steroyd

Ywah, with Nightfall and Telemetries you can max a Gjallahorn in less than 30 5k bounties... I made sure my Gjallahorn was maxed the same day the Xur upgrade came okay!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom