• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skele7on

Banned
Ywah, with Nightfall and Telemetries you can max a Gjallahorn in less than 30 5k bounties... I made sure my Gjallahorn was maxed the same day the Xur upgrade came okay!!!

Nice will get this stack ready to go today/tomorrow!

there's an average of 4 5k bounties a day right?

E92 M3

That's a very weird answer to make, honestly.
Instead of acknowledging an obvious flaw in their design, they prefer playing the "suck it up, life's a bitch" line, like they can't change anything about their system...

It seems like it's nobody's responsibility what shows up at Xur's.
I especially like the fact that the person asks if Bungie could make him stop selling NLB, and he answers that he personally has no control over it.
Surely someone does, though...

I would love to buy better gear, sadly I can't buy neither raid gear nor the exotics I am missing, because somehow the mysterious guy responsible for Xur got them out of the table because. What he's describing totally works up until level 31, and I'm totally fine with that, and I actually think it is pretty well designed, even if it could be more refined / better presented to the players.
But what people are bitching about with the RNG comes at endgame, when vendors don't offer anything interesting to you anymore, and you are relegated to playing the slots machine to get better gear.
I'm ok with them using this design in the idea that it will get people keep on playing more than if they could buy anything they wanted from a raid or exotic vendor, but don't play the line of "RNG is just cherry on top" when it clearly is not once you reach endgame, please. And if you really want to make RNG less relevant, start introducing ways for us to grind and buy those endgame gears, even if it means having to grind for several weeks to buy a specific exotic of our choice.
RNG really is their scapegoat for deflecting a lot of the critics made at the game.
"Xur is random, it's not our fault he's selling Dragon's Breath yet again!".
"You still don't have the Horn? Well, someone has to be unlucky, you know...".
"Oh yeah, what a bastard this Rahool is, heh, won't give an exotic either!".
etc.

Well, to be fair, it's also that this design is not really fun to play with. What they did with TDB's missions is that they once again looked at how players played the game, decided it was not the correct way, and forced their hand to make them follow the "how you are supposed to be having fun" mantra. People use small caveats or stay at the entrance to take pot shots / snipe away? Well, let's just make circular rooms with lots of adds in them, and block the entry with a closing door / random sigil appearing on the ground! I didn't find those missions really that much difficult, but it's true that I only played them a few times before becoming incredibly bored by this particular design. Before TDB I used to religiously complete the daily every day, on all my characters. Now I just don't even look at it anymore, because having those boring missions show up that often gave me the habit of not considering this feature anymore...

I don't know why they keep on having those Q&A sessions when they keep on feeding us the same non-answers. And even though I'm now quite used to it, I'll always find it sad seeing how they really don't seem to understand their own game...

And that's what makes me sad as well - they truly don't. I think only a small majority of Bungie's staff play the game like we do. They don't understand the problems and issues we run into. Like when the one dev said Necrochasm is working as designed. How does it make sense to have the hardest-to-get gun in the game be so weak. Yeah, it looks cool.

Sullichin

I barely have any VOG HM experience but I gotta start adding Atheon kills to my weekly Destiny activities. So many missed loot drops. I've been playing since the game came out, and enjoyed VOG NM with my friends who played at the time but they stopped playing and I got fed up with the armor drops and playing with randoms. Didn't get back into raids until I started playing CE with people here.

Anyway, my only VOG weapon is Found Verdict (maxed) which I hear is great against Oracles these days. Would this be a good setup for Atheon?

Fang of Ir Yut
Found Verdict
Thunderlord

Remember, no VOG primaries. I have most other weapons besides Red Death if you could think of something better to use. I could use Word of Crota for help against Praetorians but I know hand cannons are terrible against Oracles in a pinch, and some of them are kinda far away for a shotgun.

ocean

Banned
I barely have any VOG HM experience but I gotta start adding Atheon kills to my weekly Destiny activities. So many missed loot drops. I've been playing since the game came out, and enjoyed VOG NM with my friends who played at the time but they stopped playing and I got fed up with the armor drops and playing with randoms. Didn't get back into raids until I started playing CE with people here.

Anyway, my only VOG weapon is Found Verdict (maxed) which I hear is great against Oracles these days. Would this be a good setup for Atheon?

Fang of Ir Yut
Found Verdict
Thunderlord

Remember, no VOG primaries. I have most other weapons besides Red Death if you could think of something better to use. I could use Word of Crota for help against Praetorians but I know hand cannons are terrible against Oracles in a pinch, and some of them are kinda far away for a shotgun.
Found Verdict is a beast on Oracles. 2 shots and they're gone. That's a pretty good setup for Atheon, TL on his chest-crit should do very good damage.

The only other things you will be shooting are Supplicants and a few potshots at the Venus Praetorian. Supplicants go down quick regardless so don't build around them. I'd say WoC is a good choice since it can burn through those shields. HCs are also real good on Supplicants since it should take only a couple of crits to take em down.

Deku Tree

My toon’s Raid completions as of March 5, 2015

Vault of Glass - Normal 9W+2H+0T=11
Vault of Glass - Hard 22W+10H+8T=40
Crota's End - Normal 15W+12H+9T=36
Crota's End - Hard 7W+7H+5T=19
Total = 106
(From Destiny Tracker)

My Grimoire Raid completions = 68V0G+ 61CE = 129
(Includes deleted toons.)

bosseye

Siiiiiiiiiigh. I swear, I'm never going to get anything good from the Nightfall.

I thought my luck was rolling last night, not only did I manage to solo it* which I figured must be a sure fire route to PHAT LOOT; then I got two (TWO!) primary legendary engram drops during the process of play and a vanguard package when I completed the Nightfall; I was much excite.

My reward for the Nightfall:
The Chance Legendary Hand Cannon - well booo hiss, don't want it. My vault is crammed with Legendary Handcannons which I'll never use.

Nevermind, I had two primary weapon engrams right? Lets go Cryptarch, show me the money! Hawkmoon is in one of these I guarantee!

Engram No1: The Devil You don't Legendary Hand Cannon

aaaand

Engram No2: The Devil You don't Legendary Hand Cannon

Well shit. But theres still the vanguard package! Come on vanguard package......whats this, its a gun! Oh look. The Devil You don't Legendary Hand Cannon.

Thats right, 3 identical guns from a variety of sources. And another one that may as well be identical.

Then a mate of mine ran the Nightfall a couple of hours after me and got Suros Regimel raaaaaaaaageeeeee ;_;

One day. ONE DAY.

Hawkmoon
Jellyhorn
Suros

You will be mine.

* yes I know it wasn't a massively hard Nightfall, ol' Sepiks with Arc burn. Especially combined with maxed Fatebringer and Plan C.

Shito

And that's what makes me sad as well - they truly don't. I think only a small majority of Bungie's staff play the game like we do. They don't understand the problems and issues we run into. Like when the one dev said Necrochasm is working as designed. How does it make sense to have the hardest-to-get gun in the game be so weak. Yeah, it looks cool.
For them it's just another gun in the collection of guns they can access at any time. Just like the Horn: they will never know the feeling of chasing it down for more than 500 hours, because at any given moment they can launch a dev version and play with it a bit.
I know the feeling, I've been working on videogames for more than 10 years: you detach yourself from the games you are working on, and you can't see things like players do. For them it's just all a nice theory in their head: "oh they will get it one day!", "someone has to be unlucky!", "the necrochasm is cool looking, I have fun using it in patrol!", etc.
I don't blame them for that, because it can't be helped.
What I really don't like though is that they keep on NOT listening, and it seems they made a point of frustrating the endgame players more than anything else. I really don't understand how they can think that by establishing such a "punitive" relationship with the game they will be able to make us play 10+ years... If anything, in their position, I'd rather please my most devoted audience, even if it means having them leave the game for a few months because they feel like they have nothing else to do. I would want them to leave the game happy and content, so that they could come back to it on the next DLC/extension, rather than pushing them to the breaking point and leave them somewhat angry / disappointed...

Namikaze1

Sounds thrilling.
Whatever you do, fig, do not stop me from punching Crota and dying afterwards. I need this!

Happy Birthday my fellow CT-er!!! Damn this snow...
Thanks! I'm just glad u don't have to shovel any snow today.

I must say, I quite enjoy that dynamic between an outspoken Nami and a daria-esque Fig...
It's quite differently when we're playing. You never hear me talk.

rNilla

Nami, you are now too old to wield the Necrochasm. You try to pick it up but it slips through your fingers. The curse is broken. You are free. Your life of Daily Necrochasm servitude is over.

Also, Happy Day of Space-Magically-Popping-into-Existence-from-a-Floating-Light.

E92 M3

For them it's just another gun in the collection of guns they can access at any time. Just like the Horn: they will never know the feeling of chasing it down for more than 500 hours, because at any given moment they can launch a dev version and play with it a bit.
I know the feeling, I've been working on videogames for more than 10 years: you detach yourself from the games you are working on, and you can't see things like players do. For them it's just all a nice theory in their head: "oh they will get it one day!", "someone has to be unlucky!", "the necrochasm is cool looking, I have fun using it in patrol!", etc.
I don't blame them for that, because it can't be helped.
What I really don't like though is that they keep on NOT listening, and it seems they made a point of frustrating the endgame players more than anything else. I really don't understand how they can think that by establishing such a "punitive" relationship with the game they will be able to make us play 10+ years... If anything, in their position, I'd rather please my most devoted audience, even if it means having them leave the game for a few months because they feel like they have nothing else to do. I would want them to leave the game happy and content, so that they could come back to it on the next DLC/extension, rather than pushing them to the breaking point and leave them somewhat angry / disappointed...

I can't agree more; it seems they are trying to turn around more. Since you've been in the industry so long can't you contact them lol? Certainly more hope than anyone of us here. Another problem is that they take forever to react. "Yeah we need to look at exotics, but sometime in the future soon."

--

8-9 months ago Nami won the first race of his pre-life.

gunawi

My toon’s Raid completions as of March 5, 2015

Vault of Glass - Normal 9W+2H+0T=11
Vault of Glass - Hard 22W+10H+8T=40
Crota's End - Normal 15W+12H+9T=36
Crota's End - Hard 7W+7H+5T=19
Total = 106
(From Destiny Tracker)

My Grimoire Raid completions = 68V0G+ 61CE = 129
(Includes deleted toons.)

I've run
VOG Normal = 3+0+1 = 4
VOG Hard = 13+16+11 = 40
Crota's End - Normal = 9+9+10 =28
Crota's End - Hard = 10+11+5=26

I have 2 hunters & 1 warlock

Lima

It only counts Crota kills right. Cause I know I'm helping out groups too much for my own good sometimes but there is no way I've completed the whole CE hard raid 136 times in my hunter.

It only counts Crota kills right. Cause I know I'm helping out groups too much for my own good sometimes but there is no way I've completed the whole CE hard raid 136 times in my hunter.

Only counts Scrota or Atheon kills for "completions," same thing for getting the clan raider trophy for example.

PuMa

Weren't you here for the great drunk DGAF Christmas break extravaganza? Did you missed what I did while intoxicated? People gave me shit for weeks about that!

Explain!

And it is Thirsty Thursday today, so I'll join you online for a birthday drink tonight. Shoot me an invite if you guys need an extra for your raid too.

E92 M3

Someone on reddit made 80's posters for strikes:

uDUc6Ok.jpg

Namikaze1

Let's not talk about the last time he was drinking

Happy b-day Nami. Enjoy man!
Don't you dare remind them! Don't you dare, Colonel!

Please don't! I beg of you!

Thanks! I'm enjoying it by cleaning the place a bit.

Explain!

And it is Thirsty Thursday today, so I'll join you online for a birthday drink tonight. Shoot me an invite if you guys need an extra for your raid too.
I rather not. I've spent weeks trying to forget what happened. I successfully did too. That shit is gonna remained locked deep in my mind, never to resurface ever again.

Shito

I can't agree more; it seems they are trying to turn around more. Since you've been in the industry so long can't you contact them lol? Certainly more hope than anyone of us here.
Heh, I doubt they will care about a random French dev who's been working for the dark side (social games) these past 3 years. :)

Manp

Man I really hate when game developers blame their players for their shitty game design.

man they knew! the knew everything! they looked at us doing that stupid cave looting and thought we were idiots so they blessed us by removing the loot cave!

thanks bungie!! you all knowing and benevolent beings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom